Safari v. Firefox v. Shiira v. Caminoi

Until today I have always come back to Safari. Latest Shiira seems equal.

What say you all?

--

Tim
lance_1012@hotmail.com

0
Tim

In article <qKKdndvs4s_i-YbZnZ2dnUVZ_sGdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 Tim Lance <lance_1012@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Until today I have always come back to Safari. Latest Shiira seems equal.
>
> What say you all?

First impression: Yikes, I hope it handles security well.
0
Steven
3/18/2006 2:33:50 AM
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:33:50 -0600, Steven Fisher wrote
(in article <sdfisher-19713A.18335017032006@shawnews.vs.shawcable.net>):

> In article <qKKdndvs4s_i-YbZnZ2dnUVZ_sGdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
>  Tim Lance <lance_1012@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Until today I have always come back to Safari. Latest Shiira seems equal.
>>
>> What say you all?
>
> First impression: Yikes, I hope it handles security well.

Care to elaborate? I know the typical situations where online security is a
concern. What have you to say concerning Shiira v. the others?

--

Tim
lance_1012@hotmail.com

0
Tim
3/18/2006 2:50:53 AM
In article <_ZKdnapvMu4T6IbZnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 Tim Lance <lance_1012@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Care to elaborate? I know the typical situations where online security is a
> concern. What have you to say concerning Shiira v. the others?

Safari and Camino both run web pages in a reduced privileges environment
compared to Dashboard. How does Shiira provide this kind of environment
under Dashboard to web pages you visit? (I should add that I don't know
there's a problem, I'm just somewhat suspicious.)
0
Steven
3/18/2006 8:13:53 AM
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 02:13:53 -0600, Steven Fisher wrote
(in article <sdfisher-B1463D.00134718032006@shawnews.vs.shawcable.net>):

> In article <_ZKdnapvMu4T6IbZnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@giganews.com>,
>  Tim Lance <lance_1012@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Care to elaborate? I know the typical situations where online security is a
>> concern. What have you to say concerning Shiira v. the others?
>
> Safari and Camino both run web pages in a reduced privileges environment
> compared to Dashboard. How does Shiira provide this kind of environment
> under Dashboard to web pages you visit? (I should add that I don't know
> there's a problem, I'm just somewhat suspicious.)

"Dashboard" as in *the* Dashboard apps of Tiger? If so I wouldn't know as I
do not use Dashboard.

--

Tim
lance_1012@hotmail.com