screen moves when I move the mouse

I have an IMAC G5 Intel running 10.4.11. The whole screen is moving
when I move the mouse whether or not I have any button pushed. When
the screen moves, the edges go offscreen. This is a brand new
development and, although it doesn't appear to affect functionality it
makes the computer sort of uncomfortable to use and I know this should
not be happening
0
jerry

In article
<d20c4bc2-1ad9-4de3-9bf6-8a7de7de3e3b@w22g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
 jerry.freedman.jr@gmail.com wrote:

> I have an IMAC G5 Intel running 10.4.11. The whole screen is moving
> when I move the mouse whether or not I have any button pushed. When
> the screen moves, the edges go offscreen. This is a brand new
> development and, although it doesn't appear to affect functionality it
> makes the computer sort of uncomfortable to use and I know this should
> not be happening

You have accidentally enabled screen zooming, perhaps by pressing
Control while using the scroll wheel/ball of your mouse.

Have a look at your System Preferences > Universal Access > Seeing >
Zoom settings. The default key combination for this is Command-Option--
(minus key). The scroll wheel functionality is controlled through a
checkbox accessible by clicking the Options button in this panel.

JR
0
Jolly
11/21/2008 7:26:28 PM
In article
<d20c4bc2-1ad9-4de3-9bf6-8a7de7de3e3b@w22g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
 jerry.freedman.jr@gmail.com wrote:

> I have an IMAC G5 Intel running 10.4.11. The whole screen is moving
> when I move the mouse whether or not I have any button pushed. When
> the screen moves, the edges go offscreen. This is a brand new
> development and, although it doesn't appear to affect functionality it
> makes the computer sort of uncomfortable to use and I know this should
> not be happening

This could happen if you've unwittingly magnified ("Zoomed") your screen
magnification, even slightly, by hitting cmd-option-<plus sign>.

Unzoom by hitting cmd-option-<minus sign> repeatedly (doing this never
goes below unity magnification), and see if that eliminates the problem.

For more on this, go to System Preferences >> System >> Universal Access
and explore the "Zoom" settings and options.  Turning Zoom Off may also
end the problem (but then you won't be able to magnify the screen when
you want to).
0
AES
11/21/2008 7:51:36 PM
On Nov 21, 2:26=A0pm, Jolly Roger <jollyro...@pobox.com> wrote:
> In article
> <d20c4bc2-1ad9-4de3-9bf6-8a7de7de3...@w22g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
>
> =A0jerry.freedman...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I have an IMAC G5 Intel running 10.4.11. The whole screen is moving
> > when I move the mouse whether or not I have any button pushed. When
> > the screen moves, the edges go offscreen. This is a brand new
> > development and, although it doesn't appear to affect functionality it
> > makes the computer sort of uncomfortable to use and I know this should
> > not be happening
>
> You have accidentally enabled screen zooming, perhaps by pressing
> Control while using the scroll wheel/ball of your mouse.
>
> Have a look at your System Preferences > Universal Access > Seeing >
> Zoom settings. The default key combination for this is Command-Option--
> (minus key). The scroll wheel functionality is controlled through a
> checkbox accessible by clicking the Options button in this panel.
>
> --
> Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me.
> E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM
> filter. Due to Google's refusal to prevent spammers from posting
> messages through their servers, I often ignore posts from Google
> Groups. Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts.
>
> JR

Right on...cool..works fine. My daughter is happy and now, of course I
am happy. Thanks
0
ediebur