Sent OSX Mail time different from System time?

I checked the system and it's correct - I live in EST but the time on
the e-mails is from California. I checked the apple.com forums and
there are tons of problems adddressed ( no pun intended) but not this
one.

Any help would be appreciated

Barry Feldman
0
Wildbill (1)

>I checked the system and it's correct - I live in EST but the time on
>the e-mails is from California. I checked the apple.com forums and
>there are tons of problems adddressed ( no pun intended) but not this
>one.

Common problem, easy fix. Your computer's time zone is set wrong.

You set the time zone in Date and Time.

--
Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

0
tacitr
9/17/2003 2:17:44 PM
By checked the system I meant that I have the correct time zone - that
was the first thing that I looked for. Anyone else?

Barry

In article <20030917101744.07345.00000708@mb-m27.aol.com>, Tacit
<tacitr@aol.com> wrote:

> >I checked the system and it's correct - I live in EST but the time on
> >the e-mails is from California. I checked the apple.com forums and
> >there are tons of problems adddressed ( no pun intended) but not this
> >one.
>
> Common problem, easy fix. Your computer's time zone is set wrong.
>
> You set the time zone in Date and Time.
0
Wildbill
9/18/2003 2:05:44 AM
In article <170920030853591761%Wildbill@hotmail.com>,
 "Wildbill@hotmail.com" <Wildbill@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I checked the system and it's correct - I live in EST but the time on
> the e-mails is from California. I checked the apple.com forums and
> there are tons of problems adddressed ( no pun intended) but not this
> one.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Barry Feldman

I have your answer, because I saw this first-hand. It even stumped the
Genius at the local Apple store, but not me! :)

1. Go to Date & Time (in your System Preferences)
2. Go to Time Zone.
3. Change the time zone to where you live.
4. Correct the system clock if needed.
--
Cheers,
_Chas_