Sonicwall global vpn client on mac?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am looking to see if sonicwall global vpn client is available for
mac osx.

I've scoured the sonicwall website and can't find a reference to it.

Looking through google hasn't brought anything useful.

Can anyone provide me with a link?
0
Reply James 6/5/2008 2:12:16 PM

See related articles to this posting

In article
<fa001b98-4a4e-4dfa-8f7c-656d04047c11@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
James <jamesb457@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking to see if sonicwall global vpn client is available for
> mac osx.
>
> I've scoured the sonicwall website and can't find a reference to it.
>
> Looking through google hasn't brought anything useful.
>
> Can anyone provide me with a link?

i don't know about the sonicwall client itself, but there are two other
vpn clients that should connect with a sonicwall (and other vpn
endpoints):  ipsecuritas (free) and vpntracker (not free).

<http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/>
<http://www.equinux.com/us/products/vpntracker/index.html>
0
Reply nospam 6/5/2008 3:36:36 PM

On 5 Jun, 16:36, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <fa001b98-4a4e-4dfa-8f7c-656d04047...@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
>
> James <jamesb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am looking to see if sonicwall global vpn client is available for
> > mac osx.
>
> > I've scoured the sonicwall website and can't find a reference to it.
>
> > Looking through google hasn't brought anything useful.
>
> > Can anyone provide me with a link?
>
> i don't know about the sonicwall client itself, but there are two other
> vpn clients that should connect with a sonicwall (and other vpn
> endpoints): =A0ipsecuritas (free) and vpntracker (not free).
>
> <http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/>
> <http://www.equinux.com/us/products/vpntracker/index.html>

Thanks for those
I will look in to them.
0
Reply James 6/6/2008 11:31:32 AM

On 2008-06-05 09:12:16 -0500, James <jamesb457@gmail.com> said:

> I am looking to see if sonicwall global vpn client is available for
> mac osx.
>
> I've scoured the sonicwall website and can't find a reference to it.
>
> Looking through google hasn't brought anything useful.
>
> Can anyone provide me with a link?

=====

I looked a while back and found none.

VPNTRACKER (V5) does work  nicely.... but it fairly expensive.

0
Reply Mac 6/7/2008 3:24:14 PM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21029 articles. 25 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Sonicwall VPN without Sonicwall VPN Client?
Hi, Has anyone had any success with connecting to a Sonicwall VPN Server on a Pro 230, without using the Sonicwall VPN Client? I would like to get connected using the VPN stuff built into Windows - if anyone has a How To, or advice, or can even tell me if it works, please reply! Thanks, Daniel ...

SonicWall Global VPN Client Issue
Hi, Currently we use a SonicWall firewall and the Global VPN Client for users to connect remotely. Oddly, the following problem seems to occur randomly with the client. As the system admin, when a user requests a laptop, I setup the VPN client for them and their profile. After setup and entering the pre-shared key, the connection status makes its way to "Connected." Although I understand that the VPN does not work properly when within our network's "walls," when the user takes the laptop home, sometimes, when opening the client, they get a message stating "ther...

SonicWall Global VPN Client connection reset
I am having an odd problem connecting my WinXP SP2 laptop to our company SonicWall VPN. My laptop is on a local domain at my home and is connected to the Internet via a 2Wire DSL modem which is a NAT. I tried placing my laptop in the DMZ to test and that did not make any difference. I have also opened a few ports I found in other posts but that didn't help either. I have tried 3 different client versions including 4.0.0.830, 2.2.2 and 3.1.0.566 all had variations of the same problem. There are no errors in the sonicwall log. It just shows the connection starting over. I've included a ...

Symantec VPN client for a MAC (v8 or v9)/ Symantec VPN CLient for Vista x64 yet/connection issues..
We have a 460R Symantec security gateway router. Does anyone know of a way to vpn to this router from a mac (we have one mac out of 7 windows laptops). Also.. anyone found a way to connect with a 3rd party vpn client or for that matter in Vista x64? We also have this issue where every month or so.. we lose all incoming communication with the router.. so email.. peoples vpns stop working. Amazingly when this happens.. I can connect via the Http admin page and then simply turn off and back on one of the dual wan ports to reset the router to fix it. Behind the firewall i believe you cant ping ...

Sonocwall VPN on a Sonicwall Pro230
Hi, The VPN clients connect to the LAN, and the connection is stable. But, the VPN clients cannot browse the Internet? The VPN clients gets a IP address from our DHCP server on the LAN, there are no problems reaching all resources on the LAN, but the Internet is nor reachable, not even ping. A trace route tells me that it all stops on the central router (192.168.0.1). The central router is using the Sonicwall to reach the Internet I have attached a picture of the setup, hope that it makes it more clear :-) If you have any suggestions, please let med know. Thanks and best...

Any VPN client for RH linux to connect to office VPN server (Sonicwall)
Guys: We are using Sonicwall VPN server at office, I have VPN client installed on Windows PC, no problem to login to office machines, But I need to access remotely from RH Linux PC, any VPN client available which can connect to Sonic wall VPN server (I need to install that VPN client on Linux PC)?. This way I can check-out my code into Linux machine, which I can compile locally than always telnet/ssh from windows machine which is very slow. Thanks in advance. GS Am Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:54:54 -0700 schrieb GS: > Guys: > > We are using Sonicwall VPN server at office, I have VPN cli...

SonicWall VPN Client
Hi. I'm out of ideas on how to fix this and the IT guys can't seem to figure it out either: * VPN Client 8.0.0 Build 10 * Windows 2000 Pro SP4 * Multi-tier VPN configuration I use my VPN client to talk to our local affiliate's subnet xxx.xxx.225.0. My policy is set up for xxx.xxx.0.0 to ensure that I can see the whole WAN. This has worked fine for two years. Recently, however, traffic destined for the VPN WAN upstream from the 225.0 subnet doesn't get anywhere. Rebooting the SonicWall fixes this for a while, but then routing seems to disappear again. T...

Cisco VPN Client vs MS VPN Client
I have to install vpn clients on 6 laptops. They will connect to PIX 515. What is the difference, whether I use Cisco or MS vpn clients ? regards Jarek Carnowski ...

PIX 501 VPN client to VPN client connections
Hi, I'm new to the PIX world but I'm wondering if you can help me with a problem. Setup: Cisco client ver: 4.6 Pix 501 6.3(5) PDM 3.0(4) Internal LAN subnet: 192.168.1.0 VPN Subnet: 192.168.2.0 I would like to be able to have the VPN clients be able to connect to eachother through the PIX VPN. VPN ------ PIX ----- VPN Is this possible? If yes, could you please give me a few pointers. The VPN clients can ping anything on the 192.168.1.0 subnet and the LAN can ping anything on the 192.168.2.0 subnet. Here's a copy of my running config. : Saved : Written by enable_15 at 19:40...

PIX 501 VPN client to VPN client connections
Hi, I'm new to the PIX world but I'm wondering if you can help me with a problem. Setup: Cisco client ver: 4.6 Pix 501 6.3(5) PDM 3.0(4) Internal LAN subnet: 192.168.1.0 VPN Subnet: 192.168.2.0 I would like to be able to have the VPN clients be able to connect to eachother through the PIX VPN. VPN ------ PIX ----- VPN Is this possible? If yes, could you please give me a few pointers. The VPN clients can ping anything on the 192.168.1.0 subnet and the LAN can ping anything on the 192.168.2.0 subnet. Here's a copy of my running config. : Saved : Writ...

Mac-to-Mac VPN?
Years ago, I set up a Mac network (under OS9) with a VPN router and some software on a remote PowerBook that allowed VPN access. I'm not terribly familiar with OSX yet, but I understand that much of this functionality is now built in. Can anybody steer me in the right direction as far as hardware, software and configuration? Here's the setup I envision: - Small LAN running two Macs and a printer with a DSL connection through a router. - Remote PowerBook connected to the net varyingly with dial-up, DSL (wired), and AirPort. - Use the PowerBook to securely connect to at l...

Sonicwall VPN Client download
Does anyone have the Sonicwall VPN client they can send me, or show me where I can get it (other than Sonicwall)? My customer has a SOHO 2 which I need to configure remotely, but the previous tech registered the product without leaving his username or password, and so I can't reregister it and therefore can't download the client. I have already addressed this with Sonicwall support, but they refuse to help me since I didn't register it. Thanks in advance, Michele I have an extra copy of Windows 2000 to send you, if you'd like... or perhaps you could find it on Kazaa. On 30...

Cisco VPN client OK
Hi, I have my PIX set up allowing VPN clients in. A Cisco VPN client (v4.0.3D) can get in OK but a Checkpoint client (R56 Build 311) can't. The Checkpoint client never appears to hit the outside interface of the PIX as no debug info appears when he tries to connect. I hardly need to deinstall my Cisco client sw beofre firing up the Checkpoint - do I? TIA, Ned ...

Sonicwall Global VPN help
Our VPN tunnel connects a SBS2003 server using a Sonicwall TZ170 standard OS firewall to a XP Pro Sp2 laptop. The SBS 2003 end has a static IP address, but the laptop is dynamic. Whenever I want to make a VPN connection I have to open the VPN client and then open the virtual adapter under "network connections" and "repair" the connection. Then I can enable the vpn connection in the client. If I do it in any other order or omit any steps, the client will not connect. Is this standard operating procedure or do I need to do something to circumvent this? Its not a big deal (I ...

Cisco VPN client with SonicWall
Hi, I've seen mixed answers on this topic: is it possible to use Cisco VPN client with SonicWall firewalls? If so, has anyone documented this? Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks, Gary In article <555.4741c159.e7dd9@efn.org>, Gary <garyd@efn.org.spamsux> wrote: >I've seen mixed answers on this topic: is it possible to use Cisco VPN >client with SonicWall firewalls? If so, has anyone documented this? Any >advice would be most welcome. Doesn't the Cisco VPN client license prohibit using it to connect to another vendors hardware? -- ...

cisco vpn client for mac
Hi... My office has a vpn and the office is heavily windows based. I downloaded the 4.9 cisco vpn client for mac and remote desktop for mac hoping I'd be pretty well set. I fire up the cisco vpn client and log in; it connects just fine. But when I go to look for machines on the internal dns, it can't find them. It doesn't seem like the vpn client has augmented the network stack to include the internal dns. The other mac guys in the office said that they resort to running a windows virtual machine on the mac to get to the vpn. They gave up on the mac vpn clien...

sonicwall vpn client issue
NY side has a client with Sonicwall VPN software. PIX is also set up in NY. London Side has the Sonicwall Firewall. We can autenticate the VPN client, but cannot ping the IP's in London. Are there certain setings on the PIX needed? Or is something else amiss? Appreciate the help. Tony ...

SonicWall VPN Client Troubles
I've managed to set up a VPN connecting back to a SonicWall SOHO2 firewall at the corporate office. This is actually working pretty nicely with my glamorous WinME PC. I can map drives, open files, etc. I can't test Outlook connectivity yet, because I never bothered installing the Corporate / Workgroup part of Outlook but I'll bring the CD home from work tomorrow to test that out. The connection is secured by IKE and I have WINS set up for browsing the network. I am NOT having as much luck with my Win2k laptop however. It hangs on "Loading Personal Settings" if t...

VPN via DSL
Can I setup a VPN- 1.) without Subscribing to a service. 2.) without Setup of a Win 2003 Server. 3.) Just client to client? Want to set up file sharing between two locations- On one side we have: - DSL. - <seemingly infamous> Linksys BEFVP41 router; <http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=29&prid=607> (it's been updated to firmware version xx.13) - Workstation running WinXP Pro. The other side will have something similar. Now I've been looking here and there for a point by point "Do This" to setup VPN...

PIX 501 VPN client to VPN client connections #2
Hi, I'm new to the PIX world but I'm wondering if you can help me with a problem. Setup: Cisco client ver: 4.6 Pix 501 6.3(5) PDM 3.0(4) Internal LAN subnet: 192.168.1.0 VPN Subnet: 192.168.2.0 I would like to be able to have the VPN clients be able to connect to eachother through the PIX VPN. VPN ------ PIX ----- VPN Is this possible? If yes, could you please give me a few pointers. The VPN clients can ping anything on the 192.168.1.0 subnet and the LAN can ping anything on the 192.168.2.0 subnet. Here's a copy of my running config. : Saved : Writ...

ActiveX VPN client
Our IT department is switching to Cisco VPN concentrator, and the VPN client is loaded to the client via a web page. I guess it's loading an activeX client. This is a great solution for PC users because the IT department doesn't have to install individual VPN clients. I need to connect a Mac client. Obviously the activeX version doesn't work. Is there a workaround? Our IT department is a little leery of Macs, but if the solution is something simple, with no ongoing maintenance, they might go for it. Any ideas. Has anyone even heard of this activeX format VPN client? What's it...

Sonicwall
I am trying to set up a laptop with Global VPN to communicate via our Sonicwall SOHO3 with vpn upgrade. I am trying to setup the laptop behind a linksys router with NAT, but not DHCP, using a broadband connection. I have to say that I am confused, as to how to go about set up. I do not want to use any third party or other software certificates, so I want to do something that would allow me to easily set up someones laptop or desktop to access our system, probably using a preshared key (I guess?) The simplest explanation would be best for right now, and I'll worry about the necessity of ...

Netgear prosafe VPN client or free VPN client to netgear prosafe FVS318
Hi All! Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with the Netgear prosafe VPN client? Any experience with other (XP built in or other) VPN clients connect to the NG FVS318 Thanks in advance Kent Kirkegaard - remember to remove the NOSPAM in my email address if replying directly >Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with the >Netgear prosafe VPN client? Yes I have lots of experience in trying to get it to work from home with a Netgear 318 vpn router at office. Spent numerous emails with netgear support (they do always answer within 12hrs) but could ...

Sonicwall VPN Client to Symantec 200R
Hello everybody, I need to know if someone knows about the work together. Sonicwall VPN Client 8.0 (Safernet) on W2k or XP to Symantec 200R Firmware 15, where can I find config Information or howto? Thank you Karl ...