Sonicwall global vpn client on mac?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am looking to see if sonicwall global vpn client is available for
mac osx.

I've scoured the sonicwall website and can't find a reference to it.

Looking through google hasn't brought anything useful.

Can anyone provide me with a link?
0
Reply James 6/5/2008 2:12:16 PM

See related articles to this posting

In article
<fa001b98-4a4e-4dfa-8f7c-656d04047c11@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
James <jamesb457@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking to see if sonicwall global vpn client is available for
> mac osx.
>
> I've scoured the sonicwall website and can't find a reference to it.
>
> Looking through google hasn't brought anything useful.
>
> Can anyone provide me with a link?

i don't know about the sonicwall client itself, but there are two other
vpn clients that should connect with a sonicwall (and other vpn
endpoints):  ipsecuritas (free) and vpntracker (not free).

<http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/>
<http://www.equinux.com/us/products/vpntracker/index.html>
0
Reply nospam 6/5/2008 3:36:36 PM

On 5 Jun, 16:36, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <fa001b98-4a4e-4dfa-8f7c-656d04047...@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
>
> James <jamesb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am looking to see if sonicwall global vpn client is available for
> > mac osx.
>
> > I've scoured the sonicwall website and can't find a reference to it.
>
> > Looking through google hasn't brought anything useful.
>
> > Can anyone provide me with a link?
>
> i don't know about the sonicwall client itself, but there are two other
> vpn clients that should connect with a sonicwall (and other vpn
> endpoints): =A0ipsecuritas (free) and vpntracker (not free).
>
> <http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/>
> <http://www.equinux.com/us/products/vpntracker/index.html>

Thanks for those
I will look in to them.
0
Reply James 6/6/2008 11:31:32 AM

On 2008-06-05 09:12:16 -0500, James <jamesb457@gmail.com> said:

> I am looking to see if sonicwall global vpn client is available for
> mac osx.
>
> I've scoured the sonicwall website and can't find a reference to it.
>
> Looking through google hasn't brought anything useful.
>
> Can anyone provide me with a link?

=====

I looked a while back and found none.

VPNTRACKER (V5) does work  nicely.... but it fairly expensive.

0
Reply Mac 6/7/2008 3:24:14 PM
comp.sys.mac.apps 20928 articles. 24 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

SonicWall Global VPN Client Issue
Hi, Currently we use a SonicWall firewall and the Global VPN Client for users to connect remotely. Oddly, the following problem seems to occur randomly with the client. As the system admin, when a user requests a laptop, I setup the VPN client for them and their profile. After setup and entering the pre-shared key, the connection status makes its way to "Connected." Although I understand that the VPN does not work properly when within our network's "walls," when the user takes the laptop home, sometimes, when opening the client, they get a message stating "ther...

SonicWall Global VPN Client connection reset
I am having an odd problem connecting my WinXP SP2 laptop to our company SonicWall VPN. My laptop is on a local domain at my home and is connected to the Internet via a 2Wire DSL modem which is a NAT. I tried placing my laptop in the DMZ to test and that did not make any difference. I have also opened a few ports I found in other posts but that didn't help either. I have tried 3 different client versions including 4.0.0.830, 2.2.2 and 3.1.0.566 all had variations of the same problem. There are no errors in the sonicwall log. It just shows the connection starting over. I've included a ...

Sonicwall VPN without Sonicwall VPN Client?
Hi, Has anyone had any success with connecting to a Sonicwall VPN Server on a Pro 230, without using the Sonicwall VPN Client? I would like to get connected using the VPN stuff built into Windows - if anyone has a How To, or advice, or can even tell me if it works, please reply! Thanks, Daniel ...

Symantec VPN client for a MAC (v8 or v9)/ Symantec VPN CLient for Vista x64 yet/connection issues..
We have a 460R Symantec security gateway router. Does anyone know of a way to vpn to this router from a mac (we have one mac out of 7 windows laptops). Also.. anyone found a way to connect with a 3rd party vpn client or for that matter in Vista x64? We also have this issue where every month or so.. we lose all incoming communication with the router.. so email.. peoples vpns stop working. Amazingly when this happens.. I can connect via the Http admin page and then simply turn off and back on one of the dual wan ports to reset the router to fix it. Behind the firewall i believe you cant ping ...

Sonocwall VPN on a Sonicwall Pro230
Hi, The VPN clients connect to the LAN, and the connection is stable. But, the VPN clients cannot browse the Internet? The VPN clients gets a IP address from our DHCP server on the LAN, there are no problems reaching all resources on the LAN, but the Internet is nor reachable, not even ping. A trace route tells me that it all stops on the central router (192.168.0.1). The central router is using the Sonicwall to reach the Internet I have attached a picture of the setup, hope that it makes it more clear :-) If you have any suggestions, please let med know. Thanks and best...

Any VPN client for RH linux to connect to office VPN server (Sonicwall)
Guys: We are using Sonicwall VPN server at office, I have VPN client installed on Windows PC, no problem to login to office machines, But I need to access remotely from RH Linux PC, any VPN client available which can connect to Sonic wall VPN server (I need to install that VPN client on Linux PC)?. This way I can check-out my code into Linux machine, which I can compile locally than always telnet/ssh from windows machine which is very slow. Thanks in advance. GS Am Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:54:54 -0700 schrieb GS: > Guys: > > We are using Sonicwall VPN server at office, I have VPN cli...

SonicWall VPN Client
Hi. I'm out of ideas on how to fix this and the IT guys can't seem to figure it out either: * VPN Client 8.0.0 Build 10 * Windows 2000 Pro SP4 * Multi-tier VPN configuration I use my VPN client to talk to our local affiliate's subnet xxx.xxx.225.0. My policy is set up for xxx.xxx.0.0 to ensure that I can see the whole WAN. This has worked fine for two years. Recently, however, traffic destined for the VPN WAN upstream from the 225.0 subnet doesn't get anywhere. Rebooting the SonicWall fixes this for a while, but then routing seems to disappear again. T...

Sonicwall VPN Client download
Does anyone have the Sonicwall VPN client they can send me, or show me where I can get it (other than Sonicwall)? My customer has a SOHO 2 which I need to configure remotely, but the previous tech registered the product without leaving his username or password, and so I can't reregister it and therefore can't download the client. I have already addressed this with Sonicwall support, but they refuse to help me since I didn't register it. Thanks in advance, Michele I have an extra copy of Windows 2000 to send you, if you'd like... or perhaps you could find it on Kazaa. On 30...

Sonicwall Global VPN help
Our VPN tunnel connects a SBS2003 server using a Sonicwall TZ170 standard OS firewall to a XP Pro Sp2 laptop. The SBS 2003 end has a static IP address, but the laptop is dynamic. Whenever I want to make a VPN connection I have to open the VPN client and then open the virtual adapter under "network connections" and "repair" the connection. Then I can enable the vpn connection in the client. If I do it in any other order or omit any steps, the client will not connect. Is this standard operating procedure or do I need to do something to circumvent this? Its not a big deal (I ...

Cisco VPN client with SonicWall
Hi, I've seen mixed answers on this topic: is it possible to use Cisco VPN client with SonicWall firewalls? If so, has anyone documented this? Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks, Gary In article <555.4741c159.e7dd9@efn.org>, Gary <garyd@efn.org.spamsux> wrote: >I've seen mixed answers on this topic: is it possible to use Cisco VPN >client with SonicWall firewalls? If so, has anyone documented this? Any >advice would be most welcome. Doesn't the Cisco VPN client license prohibit using it to connect to another vendors hardware? -- ...

cisco vpn client for mac
Hi... My office has a vpn and the office is heavily windows based. I downloaded the 4.9 cisco vpn client for mac and remote desktop for mac hoping I'd be pretty well set. I fire up the cisco vpn client and log in; it connects just fine. But when I go to look for machines on the internal dns, it can't find them. It doesn't seem like the vpn client has augmented the network stack to include the internal dns. The other mac guys in the office said that they resort to running a windows virtual machine on the mac to get to the vpn. They gave up on the mac vpn clien...

sonicwall vpn client issue
NY side has a client with Sonicwall VPN software. PIX is also set up in NY. London Side has the Sonicwall Firewall. We can autenticate the VPN client, but cannot ping the IP's in London. Are there certain setings on the PIX needed? Or is something else amiss? Appreciate the help. Tony ...

SonicWall VPN Client Troubles
I've managed to set up a VPN connecting back to a SonicWall SOHO2 firewall at the corporate office. This is actually working pretty nicely with my glamorous WinME PC. I can map drives, open files, etc. I can't test Outlook connectivity yet, because I never bothered installing the Corporate / Workgroup part of Outlook but I'll bring the CD home from work tomorrow to test that out. The connection is secured by IKE and I have WINS set up for browsing the network. I am NOT having as much luck with my Win2k laptop however. It hangs on "Loading Personal Settings" if t...

ActiveX VPN client
Our IT department is switching to Cisco VPN concentrator, and the VPN client is loaded to the client via a web page. I guess it's loading an activeX client. This is a great solution for PC users because the IT department doesn't have to install individual VPN clients. I need to connect a Mac client. Obviously the activeX version doesn't work. Is there a workaround? Our IT department is a little leery of Macs, but if the solution is something simple, with no ongoing maintenance, they might go for it. Any ideas. Has anyone even heard of this activeX format VPN client? What's it...

Sonicwall
I am trying to set up a laptop with Global VPN to communicate via our Sonicwall SOHO3 with vpn upgrade. I am trying to setup the laptop behind a linksys router with NAT, but not DHCP, using a broadband connection. I have to say that I am confused, as to how to go about set up. I do not want to use any third party or other software certificates, so I want to do something that would allow me to easily set up someones laptop or desktop to access our system, probably using a preshared key (I guess?) The simplest explanation would be best for right now, and I'll worry about the necessity of ...

Sonicwall VPN Client to Symantec 200R
Hello everybody, I need to know if someone knows about the work together. Sonicwall VPN Client 8.0 (Safernet) on W2k or XP to Symantec 200R Firmware 15, where can I find config Information or howto? Thank you Karl ...

Cisco VPN Client to SonicWall TZ170
Hi Group, Does any have, or know of, any info about how to configure a Cisco VPN client to connect to a SonicWall TZ170 (SonicOS 2.2.0.1)? I already connect to a LAN to a PIX, but also need to connect to a different site who have a SonicWall. Any clues or pointers would be much appreciated... Thanks, CG ...

How to configure the VPN-1 client for Mac?
What's the server ID? I am having Check Point FW NG FP3 on Windows NT. Thanks. ...

cisco VPN client Mac os x
request: newest cisco VPN client for Mac OS X In article <2006072014210416807-falcon@hotmailcom>, falcon <falcon@hotmail.com> wrote: > request: newest cisco VPN client for Mac OS X request: pull your head out of your ass! -- Enough <enough@idontcare.com> In article <2006072014210416807-falcon@hotmailcom>, falcon <falcon@hotmail.com> wrote: > request: newest cisco VPN client for Mac OS X Speak to your VPN admin. -- Being quick to take offense is not a virtue. On 2006-07-20 12:21:04 -0700, falcon <falcon@hotmail.com> said: > request: n...

Mac VPN client cannot resolve Windows network
Hi there, I am new to Mac OSX. I've just created a VPN connection to my office using the default VPN client. When connecting through the Windows ISA server everthing seems to work out fine (connection is established), but after that it is impossible to ping local office IP numbers or resolve any hosts. I am using a local network IP range that differs from the office IP range, and I am connecting through a wireless lan to a DSL modem. My Windows notebook can connect without any problems. Can somebody help me out here? Thanks, Meindert ...

SonicWall Pro With VPN Client ver 8
I am using a SonicWall Pro with the VPN Client 8 software. I want to be able to assign an IP address manually or dynamically to the remote client that is part of our network. Our network has all public ip addresses and we have the extra addresses available. If I assign an address on the identity that is private and not a part of our internal address the connection works. However if I assign the remote client one of our addresses the client hangs when I attempt to connect. Can this be problem be solved in our current configuration? It is not necessary that we use DHCP manual configuration wi...

Sonicwall and Windows VPN clients co-existing
Upon creating a VPN connection in Win2k, the Sonicwall VPN client no longer works, even when re-installed. Removing both and re-installing the Sonicwall client, and trying the last 3 versions of it, doesn't work. The "clean" tool from Sonicwall, used after the un-install, doesn't help either. Besides getting the Sonicwall client to work without the Windows VPN client, can these two VPN clients ever co-exist? I only need to use one at a time. -- Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros and remove the obvious. ...

IPSec VPN client for Mac OS 9.x
Does anyone know of any 3rd party software for Classic Mac OS (9.x) which would allow to connect to Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator (using IPSec)? TIA -- andrei In article <46s3q5Fcm6doU1@individual.net>, Andrei Ivanov <iva@racoon.riga.lv> wrote: >Does anyone know of any 3rd party software for Classic >Mac OS (9.x) which would allow to connect to Cisco >VPN 3000 Concentrator (using IPSec)? Looks like there -was- Netlock and TunnelBuilder but neither seems to be available now; Netlock seems to have died, and Efficient.com was bought by Siemens. There was also PGPNet, which ...

Sonicwall VPN Client v8 + Windows XP Pro
Anybody have problems with these two behaving well with each other? I never had problems on my Win2K machine at home. Built a new box with a fresh load of WinXP Pro SP1, and also our company just bought a notebook that needs to go on the road soon with VPN capabilities. This has a fresh load of XP Pro as well... I installed the Sonicwall v8.0.0 VPN Client to both last night with the same CD, same security policy... My machine can connect into machines on the private side, but it drops and re-establishes the connection rapidly & frequently. So while it can get in, it's real diffic...