Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store

Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is
available from the Mac App Store?  (This is not an iPhone app.)

It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in
iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it
to even see how it works.

The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been
updated since Jan 2011.  The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but
it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes
plug-in.  However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up,
such as nothing about how you use it.  (At least the site's copyright
date has been updated to 2012. :-)

Thanks,
Martin
0
nospam223 (157)
8/7/2012 2:38:30 AM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21416 articles. 2 followers. xxx613 (1335) is leader. Post Follow

In article <my4nofjujd.fsf@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU>, Martin Frost me at
invalid stanford daht edu <nospam@stanford.edu.invalid> wrote:

> Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is
> available from the Mac App Store?  (This is not an iPhone app.)
>
> It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in
> iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it
> to even see how it works.
>
> The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been
> updated since Jan 2011.  The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but
> it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes
> plug-in.  However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up,
> such as nothing about how you use it.  (At least the site's copyright
> date has been updated to 2012. :-)

you can vary playback speed anywhere from 1/2x to 3x in quicktime
player without affecting pitch. there's no need for another app. i
usually listen to podcasts at 1.5x-2x with little to no impact on
understanding what they're saying.

there's also the amazing slow downer. it's not a particularly good
name, although it is very descriptive.
<http://www.ronimusic.com/slowdown.htm>
0
nospam59 (11087)
8/7/2012 3:06:56 AM
In message <my4nofjujd.fsf@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU>
  Martin Frost me at invalid stanford daht edu <nospam@stanford.edu.invalid> wrote:
> Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is
> available from the Mac App Store?  (This is not an iPhone app.)

It's $0.99, try it. If it doesn't work, you can ask Apple for a refund.

> The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been
> updated since Jan 2011.  The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but
> it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes
> plug-in.  However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up,
> such as nothing about how you use it.  (At least the site's copyright
> date has been updated to 2012. :-)

It adds a menu item you can select to set the speed to 0.5, 1.0 or 1.5
speed. It looks, from the comments, like you can set the values. Reviews
are mixed. I doubt it uses the same method that iOS uses, which
maintains the pitch of the original so you on't get a "Chipmunks" effect.

--
7-Up? What happened to Ups 1-6?
0
  nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> there's also the amazing slow downer. it's not a particularly good
> name, although it is very descriptive.
> <http://www.ronimusic.com/slowdown.htm>

The price is completely ridiculous.

--
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support
rather than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)
nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> writes:
> In article <my4nofjujd.fsf@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU>, Martin Frost me at
> invalid stanford daht edu <nospam@stanford.edu.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is
> > available from the Mac App Store?  (This is not an iPhone app.)
> >
> > It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in
> > iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it
> > to even see how it works.
> >
> > The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been
> > updated since Jan 2011.  The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but
> > it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes
> > plug-in.  However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up,
> > such as nothing about how you use it.  (At least the site's copyright
> > date has been updated to 2012. :-)
>
> you can vary playback speed anywhere from 1/2x to 3x in quicktime
> player without affecting pitch. there's no need for another app. i
> usually listen to podcasts at 1.5x-2x with little to no impact on
> understanding what they're saying.

Yeah, I know about Quicktime.  Opening each piece of music in a
separate app would be a pain. That's why I bought Speed-Up.

> there's also the amazing slow downer. it's not a particularly good
> name, although it is very descriptive.
> <http://www.ronimusic.com/slowdown.htm>

As Lewis effectively said about Slow Downer -- the price isn't right.

Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> writes:
> It's $0.99, try it. If it doesn't work, you can ask Apple for a
> refund.

I don't mind the $.99.  I had already bought it but couldn't see how
to use it on either of two laptops running Snow Leopard and Lion.

> It adds a menu item you can select to set the speed to 0.5, 1.0 or
> 1.5 speed. It looks, from the comments, like you can set the
> values. Reviews are mixed. I doubt it uses the same method that iOS
> uses, which maintains the pitch of the original so you on't get a
> "Chipmunks" effect.

Ah, you mean it adds a menu BAR item, not a menu item.  The author of
Speed-Up replied fairly quickly telling me to look in the Menu Bar.
In fact, it wasn't there in my Menu Bar, because I have lots of iStat
Menus items, so the speed adjustment icon didn't show up for iTunes on
the laptops.

And it turns out that the sparse web page for Speed-Up does have
documentation of sorts about how to use it, but it's all in a small
graphic that shows the menu bar and drop-down menus.  The text doesn't
say anything about the user interface.

It's possible to change the speed between .25x and 3.0x but you have
to use a slider in a pop-up window to change the speed if you don't
want one of the three preset rates of .5, 1.0 and 1.5.  It does
maintain the original pitch at all speeds.

I suggested to the author that adding more presets -- particularly
ones the user can set -- would be very helpful (to me, at least!), and
he indicated that that's not an uncommon request.  He even indicated
that he would try to implement such presets in maybe a month.  He says
he's open to suggestions, so I expect to provide some to improve the
user interface (and documentation).

Martin
0
nospam223 (157)

mac app store apps dl limits
Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would re-installing software require a deauth before hand? In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and > find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't > just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is > this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone > know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would > re-installing software require a deauth before hand? apps can be installed on as many devices as you own. there is no limit, other than your wallet in buying the devices. On 11/5/13, 9:05 PM, nospam wrote: > In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw > <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > >> Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and >> find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't >> just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is >> this a app store...

App Store is not a store for apps
"Hi, I've got an iPhone and I would like to buy an app for it." "What's the problem?" "Well, at what store do I buy the app?" "At the App Store." "Huh?" "You buy an app for your iPhone at the App Store." "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my app?" "At the App Store." Okay... I'm talking, but you're not listening. Apple says that the App Store is *not* a store for apps, so *where* do *I* *buy* an app for my iPhone? "At the App Store." "I'll talk slower. Apple - has - clearly - stated - that - an - app - store - is - not - a - store - for - apps. So - WHERE - DO - I- BUY - AN - APP - FOR - MY - IPHONE?" "Uh... you don't." "Huh?" "Apple iPhones are perfect -- just as they come out of the box -- you don't need any additional apps. And the logo is beautiful... Gaze at the logo." "But I... uh... ooooooh, shiny..." -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.6 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 On Sat, 21 May 2011 08:12:58 +0000, RonB wrote: > [snip] In a nutshell. :-) RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my > app?" "Take this bottle, it's formaldehyde." "What do you want me to do with it." "It's for Mel t...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac Is Available On Mac App Store
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is the all-in-one solution to combine the features of the Mac video and DVD converter tools, and DVD burner. It is available for you to convert audio and video files from a variety of formats to playback on iOS devices, PSP, Blackberry, Android phones, tablets and other mobile devices etc. Moreover, it enables you to easily rip and burn DVDs. Top features of Video Converter Ultimate: 1. Convert video files such as AVI, MP4, MOV, M4V, MKV, FLV and etc. to the proper formats (with pre-sets) for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PSP, Blackberry, and...

Wondershare Video Converter for Mac is available on Mac App Store #2

The Mac App Store
to open on January 6... http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/12/16macappstore.html SK. Paw <213sk@accessforall.invalid> wrote: > to open on January 6... > > http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/12/16macappstore.html > > SK. *yawn* Still, I suppose it's helpful for Mac newbies and devs who aren't happy with any kagi and *shudder* paypal, etc. -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. In article <1jtmval.14ld5q1i5h1qyN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>, jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrot...

Wondershare Release PDF Editor Pro on Mac App Store
Wondershare Software has launched the latest PDF Editor Pro on Mac App Store. With it people can easily do the following: 1.Convert Scanned PDF with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), 2.view and edit standard PDF files in most languages (actually it supports 17 Optical Character Recognition languages), 3.Add and modify text and images easily within PDF files, or even free to export PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB, HTML, etc. It is compatible with the requirements on such as edit the mistakes found in your original PDF, precisely insert, adjust and remove images, effortlessly edit sc...

Apple: an 'App Store' Is Not a Store For Apps
<http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/05/20/1947231/Apple-an-App-Store-Is-Not-a-Store-For-Apps> <quote> "What would be your first guess about what an app store sells? Don't be fooled, Apple warns, the phrase 'app store' is not generic and can only be used to describe Cupertino's... um, app store? 'Apple denies that, based on their common meaning, the words "app store" together denote a store for apps,' Apple said in a Thursday filing with a California district court. All this notwithstanding that Jobs himself used the phrase generically while referring to Android app stores. We've previously discussed this ongoing legal battle." </quote> Reminds me of a wintroll who once stated that the meanng of the word advocacy is not-advocacy. Well he was kind of dumb as he also stated that security is a binary thing! The name just skips me at the moment. :-) On Sat, 21 May 2011 06:53:45 +0000, Hardon wrote: > <http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/05/20/1947231/Apple-an-App-Store-Is- Not-a-Store-For-Apps> > > <quote> > "What would be your first guess about what an app store sells? Don't be > fooled, Apple warns, the phrase 'app store' is not generic and can only > be used to describe Cupertino's... um, app store? 'Apple denies that, > based on their common meaning, the words "app store" together denote a > store for apps,' Apple said in a Thursday f...

Resizing Motif/Xaw/Xlib apps vs. resizing GTK/Qt apps, and how to speed up an Xlib app
I'm toying with Xlib at the moment (for the experience mostly) and am experiencing difficulties with resize events. From what I've heard on IRC and the Web, it appears that my application is currently processing and acting upon every ConfigureNotify event I'm recieving (basically a few XResizeWindow calls), causing /something/ inside X to get majorly spammed, lag to bits, and in turn cause my application to lag really badly. And the contents of my window are lagging up really badly because of this too. The biggest difference/discrepancy in resizing I've found w...

Can older Mac 68K apps be converted to FAT or PPC apps to run on PPCs?
Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is it to convert? Robert Hovland <ranospamhovland@earthlink.net> writes: > Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete > form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is > it to convert? As I understand it, updating your code and building a Carbon version of your app isn't too much trouble. Carbon is essentially just a newer version of the class Toolbox API, so Carbonating your app won't be nearly as much work as creating a completely "foreign" port would be. On the other hand, you *do* need to have the source code for the app, and you *will* need to do some updating of it and build a Carbon version. As far as I know, there is no "converter" that will easily magically a 68K app into a modern app with no programming needed. sherm-- -- Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org In article <ranospamhovland-BA1FB0.12265508082005@news.west.earthlink.net>, Robert Hovland <ranospamhovland@earthlink.net> wrote: > Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete > form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is > it to convert? Probably little-or-none if you've got the so...

Crypto-Apps: Ciphers App-1 and App-2.
These ciphers are available now for free downloading from, http://www.adacryptpages.com (navigate to the bottom title boxes). Crypto-App Ciphers - Apps_1 & 2. - Personalised Cryptography for Tablets, L= aptops, Desktop, Main Frame Computers in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8. Download App_1=20 Download App_2=20 No need to study the cryptography, the mathematics, the programming, the co= mputer science (unless you really want to and then you just peruse the othe= r title boxes on the same site) - instead, just teach yourself to run these= 'apps' as you would any other app...

Mac App Store Issues
Hi. I own Pages 08 and Rapidweaver 4, both of which are not the latest versions. The latest versions, Pages 09 and Rapidweaver 5 are both in the App Store. However, the App Store says that both programs are installed on my Mac, even though, as I said, I have older versions. Because the App Store thinks I have both programs, it won't let me buy them. I have no need to buy the newest versions from the App Store right now but I might in the future. I'm wondering if I should contact Apple, although I'm not even sure whom I should contact there. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Aggressive Mac App Store pricing
Aperture 3: $80 Individual iWork apps: $20 Individual iLife apps: $15 The 'Buy Now' links on Apple's web pages for these apps now take you directly to the App Store. And while Apple is leading the way with new pricing, they're not alone: Autodesk Sketchbook Pro: $30 (MSRP was $80) This is clearly the new model: make apps dead simple to find, pay for, and install. Slash prices. Users pay less for apps. Developers make more money overall as a consequence of higher volume. Some Mac traditional Mac developers seems to be holding back and maintaining their e...

App Store = 1/2 Million Apps
Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> On 5/24/2011 2:34 PM, Fred Moore wrote: > Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps > > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> Mostly fart apps... -- MFB In article <irk2qg$lh0$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent1@section31.org> wrote: > > Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps > > > > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> > > Mostly fart apps... nope. fart apps are well under 1% of ...

StakePoint Project-Portfolio on the Mac App Store
Dear Oracle Friends, =20 At StakePoint we believe in innovative and gorgeously looking Project-Manag= ement Applications that obviously knows how to run out of the best database= in the world. =20 That's why we just released StakePoint Project-Portfolio on the Mac App Sto= re for OSX users, and on our Website For Windows 10 and earlier users. https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/stakepoint-project-portfolio/id953850751?mt= =3D12 https://stakepoint.com/ =20 It won't remain free so grab it now and send us your feedback. Have Fun and Share, =20 Maarten MOSTERT 28 Av Alphon...

[CM] subtle exodus from the Mac app store
From the «go indie or go broke» department: Title: Mac App Store: the subtle exodus Author: Thom Holwerda Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:38:52 -0400 Link: http://osnews.com/story/27984/Mac_App_Store_the_subtle_exodus My ultimate fear is that the complacent state of the Mac App Store would lead to the slow erosion of the Mac indie community. The MAS is the best place to get your software, it comes bundled with your OS, it's very convenient but when all the issues compound, developers will vote with their feet and continue the slow exodus. I feel that Apple needs to encourage...

Mac App Store BAD UI design...
http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so quickly?? -- Sandman[.net] Sandman stated in post mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET on 1/6/11 4:05 PM: > http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com > > How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so > quickly?? > Kid Pix generally gets very high reviews. -- [INSERT .SIG HERE] In article <mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote: > http://readthefuckinghig.t...

"Installed" in Mac App Store
"(By the way, the way the App Store decides something is "Installed" is if both the app identifier and version number match.)" https://twitter.com/kcase/status/23119133084229632 -- Sandman[.net] Sandman stated in post mr-F2BCC9.21523406012011@News.Individual.NET on 1/6/11 1:52 PM: > "(By the way, the way the App Store decides something is "Installed" > is if both the app identifier and version number match.)" > > https://twitter.com/kcase/status/23119133084229632 Thank you. -- [INSERT .SIG HERE] ...

Developer Is Building An App Store For Banned Android Apps
http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/20/developer-is-building-an-app-store-for-ban= ned-android-apps |An Android developer by the name of Koushik Dutta |is building an alternative Android app store which will house |the apps that have been banned from Google=92s official Android Market. |These will include the custom ROMs |(customized versions of the Android OS), |classic gaming emulators pulled due to copyright complaints, |unofficial tethering apps removed at the behest of mobile operators, |Visual Voicemail apps, one-click rooting apps, and more. |[...] |he has posted a progress update, |https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/izarYrkb7SV |showing an early version of the store being built. On Jan 25, 3:56=A0am, JeffM <jef...@email.com> wrote: > http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/20/developer-is-building-an-app-store-f... > > |An Android developer by the name of Koushik Dutta > |is building an alternative Android app store which will house > |the apps that have been banned from Google=92s official Android Market. > |These will include the custom ROMs > |(customized versions of the Android OS), > |classic gaming emulators pulled due to copyright complaints, That's lovely. > |unofficial tethering apps removed at the behest of mobile operators, > |Visual Voicemail apps, one-click rooting apps, and more. Yay, another place to download Android malware. -- "For example, if someone wanted to push to make it legal for 80 year old s...

Stop App Store wanting to update deleted app
A few months ago, I downloaded MS OneNote, as it was so highly recommended by the App Store. I hated it! So, I deleted every file I could find connected with it, using 'FindAnyFile'. A new version has been released, and the App Store wants to update my version, which doesn't exist. I've chosen to 'Hide purchase' in the App Store, but this hasn't made any difference. I don't know if the App Store is finding a hidden file on my Mac, or keeps a log of its own. The App Store doesn't suggest the update for my other two Macs, which did not have OneNote i...

App Store apps are no longer "Free"
As of yesterday apps in the Mac App Store and iOS Store with no initial charge are no longer marked as "Free". Instead, the button is "Get". -- Oh! I thought they smelled bad on the *outside*! Hi Lewis, On 2014-11-20 23:47:03 +0000, Lewis said: > As of yesterday apps in the Mac App Store and iOS Store with no initial > charge are no longer marked as "Free". Instead, the button is "Get". this is because there were complaints that "free" apps were then requiring in-app-purchases, making them no longer free. You still g...

iPad-Apps up 185% at app store after Jan. unveiling.
http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up -185-post-ipad/ The app store will drive the iPad. C'mon wintwinkies, have at it...and bring out all the alternatives and how much better they are... In article <mike-13B28C.00595116032010@news.newsguy.com>, Mike <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote: > http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up > -185-post-ipad/ > > The app store will drive the iPad. > > Come on, Wintwinkies, have at it, and bring out all the alternatives and > how much better they are. They will bust their nuts trying. In article <T-Bone-74E20D.01275016032010@news.giganews.com>, Chance Furlong <T-Bone@megakatcity.com> wrote: > In article <mike-13B28C.00595116032010@news.newsguy.com>, > Mike <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote: > > > http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up > > -185-post-ipad/ > > > > The app store will drive the iPad. > > > > Come on, Wintwinkies, have at it, and bring out all the alternatives and > > how much better they are. > > They will bust their nuts trying. baboon-girlie-zarathingy-no nuts doesn't have any to bust! ...

How to launch an app from another app
Hello, I need do start an app from another. Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the first to go on running! How can I do? Is there another system call? Thank you! "patrick carosso" <carossopatrick@yahoo.it> writes: > Hello, > I need do start an app from another. > Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts, > but the first exits! I need the first to go on running! > How can I do? Is there another system call? > Thank you! Don't multipost. -- M�ns Rullg�rd mru@mru.ath.cx patrick caros...

Closing an app from another app
Hi I have a wx application (Currently on windows) where I need to close the application from another app. I can get the window handle of the main window, but passing either WM_CLOSE or wxEVT_CLOSE_WINDOW doesnt seem to do anything. Ive done this before in Win32 apps, so I know Im close, but cant quite figure this out. Thanks -=Bob McCown inSORS Integrated Communications --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.o...

Web resources about - Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store - comp.sys.mac.apps

Speed Up - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since 2012 Speed Up started building its own chassis, the S12 , supplying the Speed Master and QMMF Racing teams, winning two races with Iannone. ...

Android App OStream Speeds Up Facebook Experience By Synchronizing Content In Background
Facebook’s newly revamped Android application was rebuilt with a focus on speed, and startup oStream wants to help users of devices on that operating ...

Dash Office - Lower Data Usage and Speed Up Mobile Apps on Att & Verizon for iPhone, iPod touch, and ...
Get Dash Office - Lower Data Usage and Speed Up Mobile Apps on Att & Verizon on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

[Jailbreak Advice] Accelerate - Speed Up Animations In iOS - YouTube
Accelerate is available for free in the BigBoss repository. Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: ht ...

Classic WTF: The Speed-up Loop
The Speed-up Loop was originally published on January 24th, 2008. “So what do you think about the opportunity,” Ben’s recruiting agent asked. ...

Is coffee good for you? Study finds it doesn’t speed up your heart - AdelaideNow Search Search
COFFEE and tea drinkers can, and should, sip worry — free — regular caffeine consumption doesn’t cause heart palpitations, and likely has cardiovascular ...

Melbourne coach Paul Roos says will speed up coaching decision if Demons want
Melbourne coach Paul Roos says he is unsure about whether he will continue in the job beyond the end of 2015, but that any extension would be ...

Not even broadband speeds up government
We all know the wheels of government turn slowly. What's surprising is just how slowly - even when they're supposedly travelling at the speed ...

Germany's Angela Merkel urges Greece to speed up efforts to shelter refugees
Greece needs to deliver quickly on its promise to provide accommodation for 50,000 refugees and the European Union should help Athens with this ...

Cyclone Lam picks up speed towards NT coast
Tropical Cyclone Lam is picking up speed as it continues to move along the Northern Territory's coast.