iBook and Mail, no "send mail" sound

A friend of mine has a white iBook (G3, I think, running Panther). She
has always liked the "whoosh" sound of mail being sent from Apple Mail,
but she said it disappeared after some geek relatives were visiting for
the holidays (maybe just a coincidence). The file that causes the sound,
"Mail Sent.aiff," accessible by viewing Mail's package contents, is
definitely in her Mail app, andn other sounds are working fine in all
applications. Another issue that might be related: She has never done
any maintenance (with Disk Utility or something like MacJanitor), and
never shuts down or restarts--she just closes the lid when she's not
using it, keeps Mail and Safari open, etc. I heard that the automatic
UNIX maintenance doesn't wake up a laptop to do its thing. Correct?
0
nosredna (233)
11/28/2005 7:02:38 PM
comp.sys.mac.comm 3057 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <nosredna-C5AFA6.14023828112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
 nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:

> A friend of mine has a white iBook (G3, I think, running Panther). She
> has always liked the "whoosh" sound of mail being sent from Apple Mail,
> but she said it disappeared after some geek relatives were visiting for
> the holidays (maybe just a coincidence). The file that causes the sound,
> "Mail Sent.aiff," accessible by viewing Mail's package contents, is
> definitely in her Mail app, andn other sounds are working fine in all
> applications. Another issue that might be related: She has never done
> any maintenance (with Disk Utility or something like MacJanitor), and
> never shuts down or restarts--she just closes the lid when she's not
> using it, keeps Mail and Safari open, etc. I heard that the automatic
> UNIX maintenance doesn't wake up a laptop to do its thing. Correct?

My understanding is that unix maint. won't occir on a sleeping machine.
MacJanitor is a free app that will do this for you.

WRT mail sounds, have you checked Mail's prefs (Mail menu)? In 10.4.3,
at least, there is a checkbox in the General panel for playing other
mail sounds.
In article
<russelldumke-E66710.16160528112005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
 Russ Dumke <russelldumke@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> In article <nosredna-C5AFA6.14023828112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
>  nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:
>
> > A friend of mine has a white iBook (G3, I think, running Panther). She
> > has always liked the "whoosh" sound of mail being sent from Apple Mail,
> > but she said it disappeared after some geek relatives were visiting for
> > the holidays (maybe just a coincidence). The file that causes the sound,
> > "Mail Sent.aiff," accessible by viewing Mail's package contents, is
> > definitely in her Mail app, andn other sounds are working fine in all
> > applications. Another issue that might be related: She has never done
> > any maintenance (with Disk Utility or something like MacJanitor), and
> > never shuts down or restarts--she just closes the lid when she's not
> > using it, keeps Mail and Safari open, etc. I heard that the automatic
> > UNIX maintenance doesn't wake up a laptop to do its thing. Correct?
>
> My understanding is that unix maint. won't occir on a sleeping machine.
> MacJanitor is a free app that will do this for you.
>
> WRT mail sounds, have you checked Mail's prefs (Mail menu)? In 10.4.3,
> at least, there is a checkbox in the General panel for playing other
> mail sounds.

Mail prefs only give options for incoming mail alerts, not for sending
mail.
0
nosredna (233)
11/29/2005 2:20:32 AM
In article <nosredna-D0891B.21203228112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
 nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:

> In article
> <russelldumke-E66710.16160528112005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
>  Russ Dumke <russelldumke@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <nosredna-C5AFA6.14023828112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
> >  nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:
> >
> > > A friend of mine has a white iBook (G3, I think, running Panther). She
> > > has always liked the "whoosh" sound of mail being sent from Apple Mail,
> > > but she said it disappeared after some geek relatives were visiting for
> > > the holidays (maybe just a coincidence). The file that causes the sound,
> > > "Mail Sent.aiff," accessible by viewing Mail's package contents, is
> > > definitely in her Mail app, andn other sounds are working fine in all
> > > applications. Another issue that might be related: She has never done
> > > any maintenance (with Disk Utility or something like MacJanitor), and
> > > never shuts down or restarts--she just closes the lid when she's not
> > > using it, keeps Mail and Safari open, etc. I heard that the automatic
> > > UNIX maintenance doesn't wake up a laptop to do its thing. Correct?
> >
> > My understanding is that unix maint. won't occir on a sleeping machine.
> > MacJanitor is a free app that will do this for you.
> >
> > WRT mail sounds, have you checked Mail's prefs (Mail menu)? In 10.4.3,
> > at least, there is a checkbox in the General panel for playing other
> > mail sounds.
>
> Mail prefs only give options for incoming mail alerts, not for sending
> mail.

What version of the OS are you using? In 10.4.3, in System Preferences >
General there is a checkbox under the New Mail Sound drop down menu.
This checkbox is Play Sounds For Other Mail Actions. I have this
unchecked, and it got rid of the "jet plane" sound for sending new mail
messages. If you check this box, the sound should work.
In article
<russelldumke-81F37D.20283330112005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
 Russ Dumke <russelldumke@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> In article <nosredna-D0891B.21203228112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
>  nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <russelldumke-E66710.16160528112005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
> >  Russ Dumke <russelldumke@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > > My understanding is that unix maint. won't occir on a sleeping machine.
> > > MacJanitor is a free app that will do this for you.
> > >
> > > WRT mail sounds, have you checked Mail's prefs (Mail menu)? In 10.4.3,
> > > at least, there is a checkbox in the General panel for playing other
> > > mail sounds.
> >
> > Mail prefs only give options for incoming mail alerts, not for sending
> > mail.
>
> What version of the OS are you using? In 10.4.3, in System Preferences >
> General there is a checkbox under the New Mail Sound drop down menu.
> This checkbox is Play Sounds For Other Mail Actions. I have this
> unchecked, and it got rid of the "jet plane" sound for sending new mail
> messages. If you check this box, the sound should work.

It's not me, it's my friend, but we both have 10.3.9. I don't see a
"General" panel in System Preferences--new Tiger thing? So I'm still
wondering why her whoosh sound is gone.
0
nosredna (233)
12/1/2005 2:40:26 AM
In article <nosredna-F545BD.21402430112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
 nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:

> In article
> <russelldumke-81F37D.20283330112005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
>  Russ Dumke <russelldumke@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <nosredna-D0891B.21203228112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
> >  nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:
> >
> > > In article
> > > <russelldumke-E66710.16160528112005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,

> > > Mail prefs only give options for incoming mail alerts, not for sending
> > > mail.
> >
> > What version of the OS are you using? In 10.4.3, in System Preferences >
> > General there is a checkbox under the New Mail Sound drop down menu.
> > This checkbox is Play Sounds For Other Mail Actions. I have this
> > unchecked, and it got rid of the "jet plane" sound for sending new mail
> > messages. If you check this box, the sound should work.
>
> It's not me, it's my friend, but we both have 10.3.9. I don't see a
> "General" panel in System Preferences--new Tiger thing? So I'm still
> wondering why her whoosh sound is gone.

The option is there in 10.3.9, too. Mail>Preferences>General, not System
Preferences>General.

--
Jim

My eMail is not SPAMLESS. :)
In article
<bennytheSPAMLESScat-63AE86.19473730112005@shawnews.vc.shawcable.net>,
 Jim Scott <bennytheSPAMLESScat@shaw.ca> wrote:

> In article <nosredna-F545BD.21402430112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
>  nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <russelldumke-81F37D.20283330112005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
> >  Russ Dumke <russelldumke@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > > What version of the OS are you using? In 10.4.3, in System Preferences >
> > > General there is a checkbox under the New Mail Sound drop down menu.
> > > This checkbox is Play Sounds For Other Mail Actions. I have this
> > > unchecked, and it got rid of the "jet plane" sound for sending new mail
> > > messages. If you check this box, the sound should work.
> >
> > It's not me, it's my friend, but we both have 10.3.9. I don't see a
> > "General" panel in System Preferences--new Tiger thing? So I'm still
> > wondering why her whoosh sound is gone.
>
> The option is there in 10.3.9, too. Mail>Preferences>General, not System
> Preferences>General.

Duh! I am dumbfounded that I didn't see that! Thanks--I'll pass on the
info to my friend!
0
nosredna (233)
12/1/2005 4:45:51 AM
In article
<bennytheSPAMLESScat-63AE86.19473730112005@shawnews.vc.shawcable.net>,
 Jim Scott <bennytheSPAMLESScat@shaw.ca> wrote:

> In article <nosredna-F545BD.21402430112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
>  nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <russelldumke-81F37D.20283330112005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>,
> >  Russ Dumke <russelldumke@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > > What version of the OS are you using? In 10.4.3, in System Preferences >
> > > General there is a checkbox under the New Mail Sound drop down menu.
> > > This checkbox is Play Sounds For Other Mail Actions. I have this
> > > unchecked, and it got rid of the "jet plane" sound for sending new mail
> > > messages. If you check this box, the sound should work.
> >
> > It's not me, it's my friend, but we both have 10.3.9. I don't see a
> > "General" panel in System Preferences--new Tiger thing? So I'm still
> > wondering why her whoosh sound is gone.
>
> The option is there in 10.3.9, too. Mail>Preferences>General, not System
> Preferences>General.

DOH! Yes, it's Mail prefs, not System prefs. Sorry for the confusion.

"Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service" misleading the Sendmail by BODY=7BIT in "mail from"
Hello. I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT but message is not 7BIT. It contain MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit in header, but ----59b9b79d39a2fcdcd7600d2d20592b5a Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit in some parts and real text in utf8. Sendmail loses one bit. :-( A second big problem - a huge E-Mail providers such as GMail or Mail.ru ignore the "BODY=7BIT" and messages accepted propertly. I find it difficult to prove that the problem should be resolved by the message sender or the postmaster of "Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service". Any idea ? -- Regards, Sergey. On 02/18/11 07:42, Sergey wrote: > I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft > ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail I think that's better worded as Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service is lying about being 7-bit. > MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT > > but message is not 7BIT. It contain > > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > ...

Problem using the "nail" or the "mail" command to receive E-mail. HELP!!!
Using the "nail" or the "mail" command to send and receive E-mail. Examine this line: ls -a ~ | nail -a .mailrc -A autosend -s "Dis be a tess" dock@technologist.com I have been using this line at a command prompt to send an E-mail with the subject line "Dis be a tess" using my E-mail account back to my E- mail account. What this particular line does is: list the directory using the "ls" command. It then pipes the output from the "ls" command to a "nail" command. The parameters in the "nail" command a...

Apple Mail rule to prevent "New Mail" sound from playing?
I have an Apple Mail rule that identifies certain emails as possible Spam. The rule transfers the email to another mailbox and marks it as read. However, when such an email arrives, the "new mail" sound is played. Is there something that I can add to this rule that would prevent that from happening? Of course, if there is other new mail that shows up at the same time, I'd like the "new mail" sound to be played. Thanks! -Lotofun In article <110820050948128502%lotofun61@yahoo.com>, Lot-o-fun <lotofun61@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have an Apple Mail rule that identifies certain emails as possible > Spam. The rule transfers the email to another mailbox and marks it as > read. However, when such an email arrives, the "new mail" sound is > played. Is there something that I can add to this rule that would > prevent that from happening? Of course, if there is other new mail > that shows up at the same time, I'd like the "new mail" sound to be > played. > > Thanks! > > -Lotofun It looks like there's a "Play Sound" option in the filters. Create a silent sound file and have the filter play that. Steve In article <jones948-24171B.10125311082005@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, Steve Jones <jones948@hotmail.com> wrote: > It looks like there's a "Play Sound" option in the filters. Create a > silent sound file and have the filter play t...

Difference between "mail" and "sendmail"
What is the basic difference between "mail" ad "sendmail"? I tried both in the following ways mail [emailid] <filename1 sendmail -t -i <filename2 for mail, filename1 contains the body of the mail for sendmail,filename2 contains all the headers including to,from,subject,contenttype etc. When I was testing both the above to send mails to yahoo account, I could find that "mail" is able to send 30-40 mails per second, but for sendmail, it's taking 30-40 seconds for 1 email to be sent. When I did strace in both cases I found that after sending data to DNS server,"poll" times out after 5 seconds in the case of "sendmail". It will try again and it will times out again. After 3-4 timing outs, the "poll" will return within 1 second and mail will be sent. When "mail" is used, "poll" will return quickly even though the connection is going to same DNS server and also the mail is sent to the same yahoo id. I need to use "sendmail" as it's supporting multipart mails. I would really appreciate your help, Thank you, Benny In short, 'mail' is a client program wheres 'sendmail' is a server program. They are also called MUA and MTA (Mail User Agent vs. Mail Transfer Agent). Sendmail implements the SMTP listening on port 25, and it is pretty much the same program in all Unixes. Mail may be rewritten by the vendor (Solaris, AIX, etc.). As you noticed, 'mail...

E-mail Aliases in "Mail"
Suppose that my on-line store, mystore.com, sell hats and gloves. The company that hosts my site has assigned the e-mail address (and user name) mystore@mystore.com to this account. But they will forward mail addressed to anynamewhatsoever@mystore.com; in other words, they allow me to use an unlimited number of e-mail aliases. That way, a person who wants to enquire about a hat can e-mail hats@mystore.com and a person who is interested in gloves can e-mail gloves@mystore.com. Filters in "Mail" will sort the messages into the appropriate mailboxes for my convenience. The problem is t...

Welcome to the "Mails" mailing list
Thanks for Joining www.freehotlinksdirectory.com Welcome to the Mails@freehotlinksdirectory.com mailing list! To post to this list, send your email to: mails@freehotlinksdirectory.com General information about the mailing list is at: http://freehotlinksdirectory.com/mailman/listinfo/mails_freehotlinksdirectory.com If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at: http://freehotlinksdirectory.com/mailman/options/mails_freehotlinksdirectory.com/python-list%40pytho...

"send mail" tutorial?
I want to send a mail when a certain radio button is checked - but I don't know how to assign a script and make filemaker do what I want. Is there are a tutorial out there anywhere? Thanks > I want to send a mail when a certain radio button is checked - but I > don't know how to assign a script and make filemaker do what I want. > Is there are a tutorial out there anywhere? Thanks In Layout mode Right click the button that you want to attach the script to then choose "Specify Button" Choose your "Perform script" and choose your "send mail script...

"mail" and "mailbydest" statistics not recorded to statrep
It seems R6 doesn't record the results of a "mail" and "mailbydest" statistic filter? All the other stats seem to record but not the mail ones. I've tried 602CF1 and 602CF2 and neither record those stats into statrep as they should. ...

Mail.app
If I select several messages in Mail (v 6.0 in Mountain Lion), the batch of selected messages animates into a "stack" on top of the message viewing area. Nifty animation much like that on iOS. If I then move that collection of messages, say, into another mail folder, usually that's that - the "stack" zips off down into the folder and is gone and my mail view is back to normal. Sometimes - and this seems to happen about once a day - after I drag the batch of messages over, the image of the stack remains. Mail continues to otherwise work normally - if I select a new message, it's right there, visible - under the "stack" image. I can scroll up and down - the stack sits there obscuring my view of the otherwise normally operating message viewer. This gets fixed if I close the viewer window and then open a new one. Anyone else encounter this bug? ...

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By chance I created a small program as follows: =========== s : string := "CAT"; procedure modify ( s1 : out string ) is begin s1(2) := 'U'; end modify; ... put ( modify(s) ); =========== now I get as a result "CUT", and i dont understand why i get this result. Doesnt the "out" specify that its initial value isnt passed in via the parameter? But it seems to be passed in the above. In fact the "out" is acting like an "in out". I am a little confused. Could someone shed some light on this? Many thanks! zork "zork" <zork@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4104d5de@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi i found the following explaination: > > In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are > effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. > Ada "in out&q...

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

When sending mail I get: "Error sending message, child exited 67 (User unknown.)"
I've got a bash shell script file which is executed as a service under root. When executing: /usr/bin/mutt -s "subject" -a report.zip yonatan@il.nlayers.com < /dev/null I get: "Error sending message, child exited 67 (User unknown.)" When this is not ran as a service or from the command line, the message get send and I don't get this error. I also echoed "whoami" which resulted in "root". Please advise. On 18 May 2004 02:49:22 -0700, Jonathan Taub wrote: > When this is not ran as a service or from the command line, t...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

"No names Found to Send mail to" error
We are running Domino 5.0.8 on an As/400 platform. A user called in and told me that no one could send her email. I tried sending her a test and it told me, "No Names Found to Send Mail to." The server can see her person document in the NAB because it short circuited to her name. Her Person Document in the NAB looks exactly the same as everyone elses. She is the only user reporting this problem and I'm not sure where else to look. Can anyone help me out? Any snippets of info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Chris Boggs chboggs119@hotmail.com...

Mail.app "Send New Message From"
In preference, composing, send new message from, I can select one of about 20 email messages from the same 2 or 3 users but with me.com, icloud.com, mac.com for each and every email address I've accrued at mac.com. Is there a way to not have them appear? I sometimes inadvertently send one from one of these addresses, most of which are never used. It's an inconvenience. In article <2016030119300571795-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > In preference, composing, send new message from, I can select one of > about 20 email messages from the same 2 or 3 users but with me.com, > icloud.com, mac.com for each and every email address I've accrued at > mac.com. Is there a way to not have them appear? I sometimes > inadvertently send one from one of these addresses, most of which are > never used. It's an inconvenience. You can delete contacts from the dropdown by hovering the cursor over a contact that you have chosen (pretend to for the moment) and clicking the little triangle at right, choose Remove from recipients list. -- dorayme On 2016-03-02 03:50:54 +0000, dorayme said: > In article <2016030119300571795-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > >> In preference, composing, send new message from, I can select one of >> about 20 email messages from the same 2 or 3 users but with me.com, >> icloud.com, mac.com for each and every email addre...

Require a "Subject" before sending a message in Mail
OK, I know this is a stupid one but all my googling has not yielded the answer... yet. I would like to have Mail force me, or at least prompt me, to enter a subject before sending an e-mail message without one. As I recall, many, many moons ago it used to do so. Or was that Eudora?! (Nah!) Thanks! BB In article <1158182063.596181.116510@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, booksmartbilly@gmail.com wrote: > I would like to have Mail force me, or at least prompt me, to enter a > subject before sending an e-mail message without one. As I recall, > many, many moons ago it used to d...

"Send" button disappeared from Mail window
What the hell? I installed nothing, updated nothing, changed nothing in the system or in Mail, but suddenly the "Send" button is just not there anymore in new message composition windows. Searching the Mail menus I see no way to re-add it. Any ideas? (I have not yet re-booted because doing something that might work on a Windoze peecee would be too sad.) richard schumacher <no-spam@invalid.net> wrote: > What the hell? I installed nothing, updated nothing, changed nothing in > the system or in Mail, but suddenly the "Send" button is just not there > ...

how to prevent "fake internal" to "real internal" mail coming from outside?
may anyone help me? thx -- M@��o sorry , i'm using mercury/32 4.01b w32 -- M@��o Ma�co wrote: > may anyone help me? > > thx > > If I understand your question, the answer is SMTP Authentication. This requires a password to send mail to your server. Under Configuration > SMTP server Go to the Connection Control tab. Make sure all 4 boxes are checked. Follow the help to create passwords, and your email clients will need to be updated so they send the password. Even if this wasn't your question, this is a vital setting to ...

How to send "mail", with no body, from within a UNIX script
I created a script to monitor the number of sessions in an Oracle database. When the number of sessions exceeds a threshold I use a UNIX "mail" command to send an email message, and an electronic page. Everything to need to know is contained in the subject line. I have no need to send text in the body of the message. The only way I have found to make the command work without errors is to load the body with a file that contains a single space. I tried "</dev/null" but that did not work. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can use "mail" without puttin...

"Apple's Mail apps" Unable to view Junk Mail
Hi, Using Apple's Mail Apps, I am unable to view 187 junk mail messages. I've double clicked on the Junk Folder icon, and waited 30 minutes with no response. How does one "fix" the problem. Thanks in advance, Duane in Hillman dkhowe@gmail.com <dkhowe@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail Apps, I am unable to view 187 junk mail messages. > I've double clicked on the Junk Folder icon, and waited 30 minutes with > no response. > > How does one "fix" the problem. Isn't the very concept of the Junk folder that you should NOT wa...

Apple Mail; mail doesn't get to server to be "saved"
I'm still one of those increasingly few AOL users (got kids). Have had the account since '95. Anyway, when I got cable access at work, I decided to use my Mac Mini in the office to not only access my work email, but also the AOL account which I use at home for personal stuff. Running Tiger 10.4.7 and Apple Mail on both systems (G4 at home). Things worked fine for months; I simply configured the Mail application to access my office mail server and also my AOL account, which is IMAP. I only use AOL at home. When I use Mail at work, I still get all of my normal AOL mail. I think that wha...

Web resources about - iBook and Mail, no "send mail" sound - comp.sys.mac.comm