Mac - to - Mac remote desktop

I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK.

What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop from my iBook
to my G5 computer, both on the most recent OS/X, tiger. release.

What program do I have to use to log in to my G5 from my iBook so that
I can, through wi-fi, control iTunes, play DVDs, and run terminal on
the G5 on the iBook?

comp.sys.mac.comm 3057 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <1180031966.406197.148070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Peter Brooks <Peter.H.M.Brooks@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK.
>
> What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop from my iBook
> to my G5 computer, both on the most recent OS/X, tiger. release.
>
> What program do I have to use to log in to my G5 from my iBook so that
> I can, through wi-fi, control iTunes, play DVDs, and run terminal on
> the G5 on the iBook?

I use Remote Desktop v3.1 to do that with my iBook and G3.
http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/

Cheers,

Darrell

--
To reply, substitute .net for .invalid in address, i.e., darrell.usenet6 (at)
�telus.net
In article <1180031966.406197.148070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
 Peter Brooks <Peter.H.M.Brooks@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK.
>
> What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop from my iBook
> to my G5 computer, both on the most recent OS/X, tiger. release.
>
> What program do I have to use to log in to my G5 from my iBook so that
> I can, through wi-fi, control iTunes, play DVDs, and run terminal on
> the G5 on the iBook?

I use Vine Server as the server and Chicken of the VNC as the client.  I
also use SSH tunnels and Public Key Authentication for connectivity.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint =  5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
                   7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
0
tomstiller (3053)
5/24/2007 9:41:12 PM
In article
<1180031966.406197.148070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
 Peter Brooks <Peter.H.M.Brooks@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK.
>
> What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop from my iBook
> to my G5 computer, both on the most recent OS/X, tiger. release.
>
> What program do I have to use to log in to my G5 from my iBook so that
> I can, through wi-fi, control iTunes, play DVDs, and run terminal on
> the G5 on the iBook?

I too use Vine Server (aka OSXvnc) and Chicken of the VNC as the
client.   You can control the remote system, but no audio is
transferred, only Keyboard, Video and Mouse.

You can also enable the
    Applications -> Sharing -> Apple Remote Desktop
        Access Privileges
        VNC viewers may control screen with password: xxxxx
And then use any VNC client (Chicken of the VNC for example).

And with VNC, you can view the Mac from any system that can run a
VNC client, including Windows and Linux systems.

The advantages of Vine Server is better compression.  The
advantage of Apple Remote Desktop server is multi-head support (2
or more monitors on the Mac).

And as has been mentioned, VNC can be tunneled over ssh to provide
secure access across the internet (several of us use this to
manage remote family members securely).

                                        Bob Harris
Peter Brooks <Peter.H.M.Brooks@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK.

> What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop from my iBook
> to my G5 computer, both on the most recent OS/X, tiger. release.

> What program do I have to use to log in to my G5 from my iBook so that
> I can, through wi-fi, control iTunes, play DVDs, and run terminal on
> the G5 on the iBook?

VNC does it although I found for some odd reason RDC faster [but VNC more
stable]. /PaulN
0
nevai2 (109)

Remote Desktop (XDMCP) works on LAN, but not remote location.
Following the suggestions of others on my previous thread "Can't log into remote desktop XDMCP" http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.solaris/browse_thread/thread/796f16d1fc0f3c65 I now have this working on my LAN. i.e I can now access more than one machine from the Solaris login page by selecting a remote system. But 'remote' in this context is only working for machines on the same subnet - not from anywhere else. I've set up the modem/router/firewall to route UDP port 177 and TCP Port 6000 to this machine from the outside. (IP filter runs on the workst...

Remote desktop
Hello, We have recently bought an Apple Power Mac G5 for a running project. I would want to know if it exists any method to connect to the remote desktop of G5 using several OSs like GNU/Linux or Windows. We know about Apple Remote Desktop, but this application only works to connect Mac with another Mac computer. On the other side we have tested the VNC server, but it doesn't like us because only let one user to connect simultaneously to the open session on the G5. We are interested to find something similar to the XDMCP protocol that X-Window uses on UNIXes systems. Both, SSH an...

Remote Desktop
Hello, We have recently bought an Apple Power Mac G5 for a running project. I would want to know if it exists any method to connect to the remote desktop of G5 using several OSs like GNU/Linux or Windows. We know about Apple Remote Desktop, but this application only works to connect Mac with another Mac computer. On the other side we have tested the VNC server, but it doesn't like us because only let one user to connect simultaneously to the open session on the G5. We are interested to find something similar to the XDMCP protocol that X-Window uses on UNIXes systems. Both, SSH and Remote Desktop daemons are activated in the Power Mac G5. Now we only need to know which programs we have to use to connect several users at the same time (10 is the maximum value of users that our Mac OS X Phanter let us) to their desktop. Please, ... Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx for advance, Regards. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- o//o Ra�l de la Cruz Mart�nez E-mail: delacruz at ac upc es o//o CEPBA-IBM Research Institute (CIRI) www.cepba.upc.es/ciri o//o http://people.ac.upc.es/delacruz Tel: +34 93-401 16 49 o//o CIRI C/Jordi Girona 1-3, Despatx C6-S103. BCN, Catalonia, SPAIN ---------------------------------------------------------------------- In article <c6iur1$lmf$5@defalla.upc.es>, Ra�l de la Cruz <delacruz@none.com> wrote: > I would want to know if it exists any met...

Remote desktop?
Hello, I am using Solaris 8 but remotely logged in. I have this graphical installation tool that runs on my remote Solaris machine, but I cannot see any of the stuff through Putty (SSH program). Does anyone have a recommendation for a good virtual/remote desktop I can use? Thanks, - Dave If I understood you right, you want to run GUI applications on your Solaris machine remotely to your M$ Win. If this is the case, then you need to install cygwin with Xorg packages (free) or buy Exceed. laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote: > Hello, I am using Solaris 8 but remotely logged in. I have this...

remote desktop ports
hi,I want to install a firewall infront of a server (w2k3) ,but I have to reach it via remote desktop (formerly terminal service) I imagine 3389/tcp microsoft-rdp Microsoft Terminal Service is enough, but what are these ports: 135/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC 1025/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC 1026/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC 1031/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC 1033/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC 2105/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC thanks for your help <sillymartin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139819337.388485.185820@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi,I want to install a firewall infront of a server (w2k3) ,but > I have to reach it via remote desktop (formerly terminal service) > > I imagine > 3389/tcp microsoft-rdp Microsoft Terminal Service > > is enough, but what are these ports: > > 135/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC > 1025/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC > 1026/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC > 1031/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC > 1033/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC > 2105/tcp open msrpc Microsoft Windows RPC > > > thanks for your help > rpc stands for Remote Proceedure Call. Do n...

Sharing Desktops not remotely
Does anybody know of a program that allows you to share two actual desktops much like dual monitors except the two desktops are two seperate machines. I've been told that they exist but my source did not remember the name of the program. I have a few unix machines on my home lan that I manage through exceed which works well. I have a window for my Unix sessions and my normal Windows XP enviornment works very well. "SpinJoel" <joel@spinaholics.com> wrote in message news:872ff2d2.0312050527.33494c47@posting.google.com... > Does anybody know of a program that allows you to share two actual > desktops much like dual monitors except the two desktops are two > seperate machines. I've been told that they exist but my source did > not remember the name of the program. ...

remote access to desktops
Hello, I am looking for a solution to offering a tech support service where MS laptops and linux boxes are intermingled. Already sorted out that openvpn is great to bring the boxes together onto the same LAN. I want customers to share their desktops with me, so I can dink round on their machines fixing things and I want to share my desktop with customers to demonstrate stuff. Anything opensource spring to mind? TIA Syd On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 14:22 -0800, syd_p wrote: > Hello, > I am looking for a solution to offering a tech support service where > MS laptops and linu...

apple remote desktop
HI, I'm trying to get Apple Remote Desktop, if anyone has it and would like to share it, please upload it and let me know. Thanks Henry Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com I have a remote on my desktop, but its made by RCA. And even if I could upload phisical objects, I certaily wouldn't tell YOU! You could always try the Apple store - or at least a newsgroup that pertains to a Mac. Moron! zhenry wrote: > HI, I'm trying to get Apple Remote Desktop, if anyone has it and would > like to share it, please upload it and let me know. Wrong Group. Try a comp.sys.mac... group. This one is for Apple II, Apple Computer's pre-Macintosh product line -- Linards Ticmanis In article <1143919710_2446@news-east.n>, zhenry <henry@metropcrepairs.com> wrote: > HI, I'm trying to get Apple Remote Desktop, if anyone has it and would > like to share it, please upload it and let me know. > > Thanks > > Henry > > > Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services > ---------------------------------------------------------- > ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** > ---------------------------------------------------------- > ...

Remote Desktop Launcher
Hi, Hoping that some kind soul can help me - I'm a total newbie and stuck already. I am trying to update a little batch file that I wrote a while back that asked the user to pick a server to connect to ( just a simple command will do it ). You know ; (1) for server AAA (2) for server BBB that kind of thing. It then issued a simple command to initiate the connection then exit the batch file. Want to jazz it up a bit in VBE2005 and got a nice userform going with some buttons, one for each server. BUT, I have no idea how to get the application to launch the RDP session, it was just a single...

Remote Desktop #2
I have XP Pro on my host machine and XP Home on my laptop. Remote desktop is enabled on the host but I can only make a connection if I map a drive from the host before attempting a remote desktop connection otherwise I get a message saying the host is unable to accept connections. Is there a setting I need make to allow remote desktop to work without mapping a drive first? Thanks, Trevor I have not used this feature, but I would set the drive to Share. This would be found in the drive properties. Make sure your system is properly passworded, if you are doing the remote sharing on an open network, such as the net! -- Jerry G. ========================== "Trevor Lukey" <tlukey@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2c2fa3b3.0408061552.7723d67d@posting.google.com... I have XP Pro on my host machine and XP Home on my laptop. Remote desktop is enabled on the host but I can only make a connection if I map a drive from the host before attempting a remote desktop connection otherwise I get a message saying the host is unable to accept connections. Is there a setting I need make to allow remote desktop to work without mapping a drive first? Thanks, Trevor ...

Remote desktop #3
Dear All, DB on the server opened by remote desktop. I want only 1 user at the same time to be able to open the DB by clicking a shortcut-icon. Thanks, Filip "Filips Benoit" <benoit.filips@pandora.be> wrote in message news:aymmd.25430$jJ3.1186917@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > Dear All, > > DB on the server opened by remote desktop. > > I want only 1 user at the same time to be able to open the DB by clicking a > shortcut-icon. In the shortcut include the /excl argument. That will open the file exclusively. First user in will automatically lock out anyone else. The shortcut has to point to the Access executable to include arguments, not just to the file. -- I don't check the Email account attached to this message. Send instead to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com Shortcut-Target = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" and then? Where do i put the file-argument and the /excl argument? Thanks "Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2vufs7F2qrjg9U1@uni-berlin.de... > "Filips Benoit" <benoit.filips@pandora.be> wrote in message > news:aymmd.25430$jJ3.1186917@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > > Dear All, > > > > DB on the server opened by remote desktop. > > > > I want only 1 user at the same time to be able to open the DB by clicking > a > > shortcut-icon. > > In the shortcut include the...

Remote Desktop Support
Hi, does anybody know of a linux app similar to webex or GoToAssist which will allow remote administration of a desktop via a web browser, thanks Jim. Jim <quijote@eircom.net> wrote: > Hi, > does anybody know of a linux app similar to webex or GoToAssist which > will allow remote administration of a desktop via a web browser, > thanks > Jim. Does it have to be via a web browser? KDE3 comes with Desktop sharing features, people can invite others (helpdesk for instance) to view their desktop. IIRC, its also compatible with the Microsoft Remote Desktop feature. -- Cameron Kerr cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/ Empowered by Perl! Cameron Kerr <cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz> wrote: > KDE3 comes with Desktop sharing features, people can invite others > (helpdesk for instance) to view their desktop. IIRC, its also compatible > with the Microsoft Remote Desktop feature. This is done with the rdesktop software, btw. Alternatively, vnc may be useful here. -- Cameron Kerr cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/ Empowered by Perl! ...

Remote desktop over vpn
Hi one of my client is connecting to my network through vpn. is there any possiblity to start a remote desktop or Dameware or some desktop sharing tool to view his desktop?? renil In article <1133193038.054285.173450@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, renil.lambert@gmail.com says... > Hi > one of my client is connecting to my network through vpn. > is there any possiblity to start a remote desktop or Dameware or some > desktop sharing tool to view his desktop?? Run VNC on his computer and then connect to his private IP address back through the VPN. -- spam999free@rrohio.com remove 999 in order to email me "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message news:MRFif.243007$lI5.96765@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com... > In article <1133193038.054285.173450@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, > renil.lambert@gmail.com says... >> Hi >> one of my client is connecting to my network through vpn. >> is there any possiblity to start a remote desktop or Dameware or some >> desktop sharing tool to view his desktop?? > > Run VNC on his computer and then connect to his private IP address back > through the VPN. Those will only work if the VPN is configured to allow that, i.e. he has to have a virtual IP and policies to allow the traffic. Some boxes do that by default, some allow you the option, some do not allow you to do it. Depends on both ends of the VPN. You can get remote control of just about any PC wi...

localhost and remote desktop
Hello, for information, since i have installed ssh tectia connector (eval version), i'm able to connect to 127.0.0.1 with remote desktop (xp). I suppose ssh tectia connector modify some dll of remote desktop. Best regards, LeTam ...

remote X desktop
Hy! I have 2 linux boxes, one is server, other workstation. My question is how can workstation also be remote Xterminal for server, but at the same time it must also have worstation desktop. So lets say I have 2 virtual (vt7 and vt8) terminals and two X server running on my workstation. But it does not work.. In one case desktopmanager is xdm in other is gdm. Regards. Alex joyRyder wrote: > Hy! I have 2 linux boxes, one is server, other workstation. My question is > how can workstation also be remote Xterminal for server, but at the same > time it must also have worstation...

remote desktop in workgroup
I have a mac running microsoft's remote desktop client. I can connect to my work which has remote desktop running on windows 2003 server, but I can't connect to my windows xp pro machine on my LAN. The client wants me to specify user name, password and domain. But I am running a workgroup, not a domain. If I specify my workgroup in the domain field, it just sits there trying to connect. If I leave it blank, it connects and I get the login dialog, with 2 fields for username and password, but when I enter my username and password it says that windows can't log me in,...

gpuArray through Remote Desktop
I have been using gpuArray on a certain machine without difficulty when I work locally. However, when I connect to the same machine remotely using Remote Desktop, attempts to use gpuArray fail with the following error Error using gpuArray (line 28) No device supporting CUDA was found. My local software experts conjecture that this is because Remote Desktop substitutes some default virtual display architecture for the actual video card when rendering the desktop. When MATLAB tries to detect the CUDA capable card it encounters instead this rerouted display architecture and thinks the car...

Timbuktu or Remote Desktop
MobileMe's Back to my Mac won't work at Starbucks (my office when I'm out) because the router there doesn't support either of the two protocols required (NAT-PMP or UPnP). So my question is, will either Timbuktu or Apple Remote Desktop will allow me to access media files on my home system when I am at Starbucks? Or, is there some other solution? Doug On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 13:59:58 -0400, Doug Jantzer wrote: > MobileMe's Back to my Mac won't work at Starbucks (my office when I'm > out) because the router there doesn't support either of the two > pr...

Apple Remote Desktop
Will Apple Remote Desktop work over a WAN? It works perfectly over a local network but I can't seem to get it to work over a WAN. Before I waste any more time I would like to know if it is possible. David davidsteward4@yahoo.com <davidsteward4@yahoo.com> wrote: > Will Apple Remote Desktop work over a WAN? It works perfectly over a > local network but I can't seem to get it to work over a WAN. Before I > waste any more time I would like to know if it is possible. > > David I've heard (!) that it will work but you must give it the IP address of the remote. No Rendezvous on a WAN. Whether or not you would have to open specific ports on any firewall between you and the remote, I wouldn't know. Good luck. -- /Z I can now answer my own query. Yes, it works well. The admin needs to know the IP address of the client as well as the username and password. The following ports needed to be mapped on the firewalls for both routers, 22 and 5900, both TCP and 3283 UDP. It was the last one that we had previously not set. All functions worked well but iTunes started up by the admin played on the client but gave no sound on the admin machine. David > Will Apple Remote Desktop work over a WAN Yes it works over a WAN, I use it all the time to control remote Macs. Follow the directions above to forward ports to the computer running ARD and it works fine. Failure to forward these ports, and the remote mac will show up as a "VNC" com...

Puzzled over Remote Desktop
I am trying to connect to my computer using the remote desktop and I am unable to do this. The following have been initiated 1. Remote Desktop in running 2. Port 3389 is listening 3. Telnet 127.0.0.1 3389 produces a response (this tells me remote desktop is running) 4. There is no firewall (Windows are disabled and there is no third party firewall) 5. I can ping the computer but I can not ping specific port for example I can ping 192.23.45.22 but I can not ping 192.23.45.22 at port 3389 6. There is no router 7. I use Comcast and their provided cable modem (EZ Connect model S...

Remote Desktop Connection
Hi guys I have a Frontend and Backend DB that works well on my LAN. I use a INI file Path, to access a mapped network connection back to the Backend Data file. [DBInfo] Path=F:\Server\Data.mdb I have a situation now that requires a Remote Connection with my Program. A remote client is using a notebook (XP Pro) with a Wireless Broadband, with the frontend running on his notebook. The Server is MS Server 2003 with Terminal Services. I need help with these issues! 1/ To setup a Remote Mapped Network Connection from the Remote Notebook (using Remote Desktop Connection) to the Server (using Terminal Services) Backend Data File. 2/ To Edit the INI File so the Frontend finds the Backend when the Remote User opens the Frontend. Any help on these matters will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time and effort!!!! Chris On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:09:07 -0700 (PDT), chris@kissolutions.net wrote: Not so fast. You are confusing a few concepts. You cannot use RDC to create a connection to SQL Server. This has to do with different ports and protocols. (assuming the server is accessible only over the Internet, not a LAN) Rather, the server has to expose the SQL Server to the Internet, of course properly secured, and the firewall has to open port 1433 (by default). Then you can build a connectionstring to that SQL Server using the info here: www.connectionstrings.com INI files (an outdated concept) are edited using GetPrivateProfileString API and its cousins. -Tom. >Hi...

Remote Desktop Connection
Hi folks, I've got a little problem here. How do you configure RDC server to accept multiple connections? When I try to connect to mashine where my mother is currently working it gives a 'log off' message box, where I need to choose who will be working on mashine: my mother or me (remotely). Is it possible to achieve such 'multi' behaviour - so I'll be able to work on same mashine with someone else simultaneously (on different accounts [users])? Thanks very much in advance. On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:58:58 -0700, "P. A. Batsii" <[skip]ragnar0ck...

Palm Desktop Palm Desktop Palm Desktop
I wonder if the Mac Palm Desktop will EVER get a Duplicate Finder function as the M$ version has had for eons. I keep sync's on two diverse machines and every so often, for unexplained reasons, I get lots of duplicated address entries. I can hunt and delete by hand; or use a Windoze machine and solve it quickly; then make the Palm predominant on the next Mac syncs. Still a PITA.. -- A host is a host from coast to coast.................wb8foz@nrk.com & no one will talk to a host that's close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX Unless the host (that isn't close)..........

Apple Remote Desktop through firewall
I have no problem setting up the client side firewall to allow Apple Remote Desktop through. I can connect to it just fine from one location. But when I try to access the same Apple Remote Desktop client from another location (but using the same machine), where I am behind a NAT firewall myself, I can't. Unfortunately none of the clients are up at the moment, so I can't post the exact error message. But it boils down to the remote machine simply not being found at all. None of the documentation I found at Apple's site appears to mention this. Any ideas? Does the client really need to be able to poke through the controlling Mac's firewall? If so, on which port? TIA -- Sander Tekelenburg, <http://www.euronet.nl/~tekelenb/> Mac user: "Macs only have 40 viruses, tops!" PC user: "SEE! Not even the virus writers support Macs!" In article <user-1E6668.20355919042005@textnews.euro.net>, Sander Tekelenburg <user@domain.invalid> wrote: If so, on which port? I may not be answering your question but checking the System Preferences Sharing panel on my iBook G4 I note that the Firewall lists "Apple Remote Desktop (5900, 3283)" Cheers, Darrell In article <190420051203498454%darrell.usenet4@telus.invalid>, Darrell Greenwood <darrell.usenet4@telus.invalid> wrote: > In article <user-1E6668.20355919042005@textnews.euro.net>, Sander > Tekelenburg <user@domain.invalid> wrote: > ...

Installing BlackICE Over Remote Desktop?
Is it possible to install BlackICE PC Protection over the MS remote desktop connection without losing the connection? I'm assuming that once the product is installed it will block this kind of acccess to the remote computer since it defaults to Paranoid protection level. Is there a command line switch one can use to install it in Trust All mode? DC <jdoe@hotmail.com> wrote in news:Xns9508ACA7EC326jdoehotmailcom@66.185.95.104: > Is it possible to install BlackICE PC Protection over the MS remote > desktop connection without losing the connection? I'm assuming that > once the product is installed it will block this kind of acccess to > the remote computer since it defaults to Paranoid protection level. > Is there a command line switch one can use to install it in Trust All > mode? > Sure you can use BI as the IDS/FW to protect the remote machine. You should not be setting the Trust All rules for BI as that will tell BI to not inspect the network traffic with the IDS component. You should use the Accept rule that tells BI to inspect the network traffic with the IDS component. You should find out what the inbound ports are for the Remote desktop sharing application that's on the machine that BI is running on and only make FW rules for those ports. You should also create the FW rules only allowing specified inbound IP(s) if possible. You should use a VPN connection between the machines, if possible for better security...

Web resources about - Mac - to - Mac remote desktop - comp.sys.mac.comm

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a virtualized environment between the computer platform and its operating system, see Virtual machine . For virtual machines running desktop ...

Last Chance for Desktop-or-Die Crowd: Google Cranks Up Search Benefit to Mobile-Friendly Pages
Brands and publishers that still haven't gotten around to building a responsive site might want to tweak their development roadmap, uh, yesterday. ...

NooG is a compact web search bar for your PC desktop
NooG is a lightweight internet search bar for the Windows desktop. We watched the installation process closely, because this is just the kind ...

This app brings your entire desktop into the VR world with you
... you're browsing the Internet, watching Netflix or even playing a non-VR game, BigScreen is a piece of software that can bring your desktop into ...

Smart Reply in Desktop Google Inbox
... Inbox service has a feature that suggests 3 short replies. It was first added to the Inbox mobile apps and now it's available in the desktop ...

Here’s how Siri might get to your desktop
... getting Siri on your MacBook or iMac might seem like something out of a near-future like the one shown in Her by Spike Jones. Siri on the desktop ...

Android N has a “Freeform” Desktop-Style Floating App Window Mode
... within a single side of Multi-Window, as well. There is even mouse support as well, which could be some sort of sign that Android as a desktop ...

Opera's desktop web browser gets built-in ad blocking
If you use a major desktop web browser, you usually have to hunt down an ad blocking add-on if you're determined to purge intrusive promos from ...

Computer Sales Continue to Evolve Away From Desktop PCs, Says Report
As desktop PC sales continue to fade, steady sales of laptops and portables appear to debunk the idea that PCs are dead, the report finds.

AMD launches XConnect, partners with Intel, Razer to drive desktop gaming on laptops
AMD's XConnect is designed to bridge the gap between mobile and desktop-class gaming hardware and give gamers the advantages of both.