mail junk-mail rule

For some reason, the junk mail rule is not working for one of my
accounts--my primary account.  If I reset the junk mail settings, it
will work and properly mark a portion of the mail as junk mail, but
after as I start to train it to recognize other junk mail, it stops
identifying any of that mail as junk mail.

Checking or unchecking the options for sender in my address book,
previous recipients, or message is sent to my full name does not have
any effect.

This problem does not happen with my other accounts, though.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem?

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease:  Impeach the son of a Bush.
0

Mail .Mac cannot send mail via smtp mac
I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found without any problem I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, what could be wrong ? thanks joss In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found > without any problem > > I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, > what could be wrong ? > > thanks > > joss Without more detail, it's only a guess...but perhaps your provider is blocking port 25. It's probably a good idea to switch to the "submission port" instead. I don't use Apple's Mail program for my .Mac account and don't know just now where to go there for setting this, but it's an automatic option I use with Eudora. You should also turn on the encryption settings for better security. = Steve = -- Steve W. Jackson Montgomery, Alabama On 2007-10-11 18:07:53 +0200, "Steve W. Jackson" <stevewjackson@knology.net> said: > In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, > Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > >> I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found >> without any problem >> >> I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, >> what could be wrong ? >> >...

mail() goes to Junk Mail
Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to @xyz.com junk mail folders. Why is that so? How can I fix it? Thank you, --Andre Phandana On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu> wrote: >Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to >@xyz.com junk mail folders. >Why is that so? Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com? >How can I fix it? There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if you posted an example of how...

Why is SpamWatch is junking my mail from a mailing list?
Just in the last couple of days, Eudora 6.0 has been assigning spam scores of 99 to all the mail from a certain mailing list I subscribe to. I went into the UserJunkDB.txt file and removed all references to the mailing list title, then rescored a bunch of the mail from that list and it still posted it at a score of 99. I "unjunked" the messages, and when I recalculated the scores, they still came up at 99. Apparently some keyword gets them marked as spam. Any ideas how I can determine what words in a message get it marked as spam? Along the same lines, is there any way to create a log file of what filters cause a message to do what it does? Ideally, there would be a record of the message Sender, Subject and what rule(s) it fired. Thanks, Jay Shilstone James Shilstone <shilstone.jay@shilstone.com> wrote: > Just in the last couple of days, Eudora 6.0 has been assigning spam > scores of 99 to all the mail from a certain mailing list I subscribe > to. I went into the UserJunkDB.txt file and removed all references to > the mailing list title, then rescored a bunch of the mail from that > list and it still posted it at a score of 99. I "unjunked" the > messages, and when I recalculated the scores, they still came up at > 99. Apparently some keyword gets them marked as spam. Any ideas how I > can determine what words in a message get it marked as spam? Does you ISP do any spam filtering that puts x-header...

Mail Alert when only junk mail received
Hi, Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk. Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when just junk mail is received. Is that true? I know it wasn't working that way before. Any body know the real answer and how to fix this? Thanks, Tracy X-No-Archive: yes On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ... >Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I >would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk. > >Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when >just junk mail is received. I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools -> Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound" ticked. I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound. -- Chris Bee "Bumblebee" <chris_bee@address.invalid> wrote in message news:qtt4ovc46fhjmr...

Persistant Junk Mail in Mail.app
I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. -- James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas In article <atnt47Fk1v3U1@mid.individual.net>, TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote: > I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is > supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated > by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the > learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually > work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders > of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. > I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Take a look at the message source, and you'll probably see loads of random phrases that are hidden in HTML. I think this stuff tends to thwart the Bayesian filters. -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, ...

New Mail Announcement for Junk Mail
How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. Steven Jacobsohn wrote: >How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all >the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have >the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't >think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at >the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. > > > > I think you have to UNcheck the stuff in getting attention and use filters to make a sound when good mail arrives, and set the junk filter to make no sound. Rick -- Editing is a rewording activity. Thanks Rick. You sent me in the right direction. Actually, I left the stuff checked in "getting attention" and then wrote two filters. One filter directs incoming mail with high junk scores (for me that's a score over 45) to do nothing. The other filter directs incoming mail with low junk scores (under 46) to "Notify User" "As Normal". Checking the "As Normal" box directs Eudora to use the ite...

Junk mail handling problems in Mail.app
Since upgrading to Panther I have encountered trouble getting junk mail handling to work properly. I don't know whether its a bug in "Mail" or a local problem. What happens is this. If the Preferences are set to "When Junk Mail arrives -- Move it to the Junk mailbox (Automatic)" the Junk mail Icon (in the Mailboxes drawer) increments up as Junk messages arrive. The number of messages is shown alongside the Icon. However, when the Icon is selected none of these messages are listed in the main window. Looking in ~/Library/Mail/Junk/ there is a file named 'Inco...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Mail.app thinks incoming fax is junk mail
This is not really a problem, but it did give me a chuckle today. :) I needed to receive a fax over my eMac (Remember fax? Those analog doucument senders? Remember analog? :P ) So I opened the Fax prefs and turned on Receiving Faxes. I also clicked the "Email to:" box and entered my email address. The fax was received without a problem, it was saved in the location I had specified and a copy was received in my Mail.app inbox. Mail.app flagged it as junk mail. :) -- K. Lang may your lum reek. In article <WMHdh.19864$YV4.17582@edtnps89>, me@home.spamsucks.ca (Ki...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Junk Mail database in Apple's Mail
Hi groups, two questions concerning the subject: 1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)? 2. Does it get updated whenever Mail is in the "Automatic" not the "Training" mode? Thanks for clues. In article <bo6kja$19g3sl$4@ID-200323.news.uni-berlin.de>, Patryk �ogiewa <silverdr@inet.pl> wrote: :> Hi groups, :> :> two questions concerning the subject: :> :> 1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)? :> :> 2. Does it get updated whenever Mail is in the "Automatic" not the :>...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Mail .mac mail server never stop asking me for password
I am receivig frequently a message stating that : the server .Mac 'mail.mac.com' refused my user password... I know it's correctly given.. I reinitialized the account twice with the correct password... nevertheless the message is back again... is ther anything I should parameter in Mail.app ?? hanks Yves Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> writes: > I am receivig frequently a message stating that : > > the server .Mac 'mail.mac.com' refused my user password... I know it's > correctly given.. That's the way Mail.app tells you that it has had ...

Jaguar Mail.app: Where does it store junk mail training info?
Hi, I just upgraded from Jaguar to Panther (reformatted) and all my accounts and mail were restored fine. However, all my junk mail training seems to have been forgotten. What file is it stored in, so I can restore it from my backup? Thanks, -Will ...

Mac Mail junk filter not working
I'm running 10.4.1 on an iMac G5. I migrated from an older version of Eudora to Mac Mail, using the Eudora Mailbox Cleaner application. I used only 1 filter in Eudora, and I have since deleted it. My Junk mail filter in Mail is not marking any junk, of which I get plenty. I have it set in Training mode. My settings are: Enable junk mail filtering, checked Leave it in my Inbox, checked Exempt if sender of message is in my address book I have tried "Trust junk mail headers set by my ISP" both enabled and disabled. When I click on Advanced, the filter description looks rig...

junk mail not un junking
before when an email went into the junk mailbox all I had to do was right click it and say not junk. It then automatically went to the inbox. now I have to use transfer to put it into the inbox. any ideas. TIA Steven <cybernerd@verizon.net> wrote: > before when an email went into the junk mailbox all I had to do was right > click it and say not junk. It then automatically went to the inbox. now I > have to use transfer to put it into the inbox. any ideas. TIA The usual reason for that problem is that you have an incoming filter sending the message to Junk. When y...

Junk mail box doesn't open automatically, I miss mails because of this
When I get a junk message, Eudora puts it in the junk mail box, but doesn't open the mail box. With other filters, it does open the box automatically. This way I know a mail came in. I would also like Eudora to open my Junk mail box, so I know a mail got in there. Anybody have some advice? Eudora 7 paid mode chieleman On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:13:21 +0100, chieleman <vlaflip31-nieuwsgroepREMOVETHIS@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote: >When I get a junk message, Eudora puts it in the junk mail box, but >doesn't open the mail box. With other filters, it does open t...

Apple Mail rule to prevent "New Mail" sound from playing?
I have an Apple Mail rule that identifies certain emails as possible Spam. The rule transfers the email to another mailbox and marks it as read. However, when such an email arrives, the "new mail" sound is played. Is there something that I can add to this rule that would prevent that from happening? Of course, if there is other new mail that shows up at the same time, I'd like the "new mail" sound to be played. Thanks! -Lotofun In article <110820050948128502%lotofun61@yahoo.com>, Lot-o-fun <lotofun61@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have an Apple Mail rule that identifies certain emails as possible > Spam. The rule transfers the email to another mailbox and marks it as > read. However, when such an email arrives, the "new mail" sound is > played. Is there something that I can add to this rule that would > prevent that from happening? Of course, if there is other new mail > that shows up at the same time, I'd like the "new mail" sound to be > played. > > Thanks! > > -Lotofun It looks like there's a "Play Sound" option in the filters. Create a silent sound file and have the filter play that. Steve In article <jones948-24171B.10125311082005@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, Steve Jones <jones948@hotmail.com> wrote: > It looks like there's a "Play Sound" option in the filters. Create a > silent sound file and have the filter play t...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I can synchronize the mail on both machines? Failing that, is there a way -- besides doing it message-by-message -- to save the text and attachments from new mail messages? Problem two: Though by all means I can understand, both PBs are set up exactly the same way and certainly the mail prefs are the same, when I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at home, it opens Firefox to the correct page, just like it ought to do, but if I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at the shop, the mail window flashes once, but nothing opens. Both PBs are set up with Firefox as the default browser. What in the ding-dong am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bart Brown ...

"Apple's Mail apps" Unable to view Junk Mail
Hi, Using Apple's Mail Apps, I am unable to view 187 junk mail messages. I've double clicked on the Junk Folder icon, and waited 30 minutes with no response. How does one "fix" the problem. Thanks in advance, Duane in Hillman dkhowe@gmail.com <dkhowe@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail Apps, I am unable to view 187 junk mail messages. > I've double clicked on the Junk Folder icon, and waited 30 minutes with > no response. > > How does one "fix" the problem. Isn't the very concept of the Junk folder that you should NOT wa...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM ...

Web resources about - mail junk-mail rule - comp.sys.mac.comm

Diy atomic junk mail clock - a set on Flickr
... Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder Flickr Blog Upload Sign In googiepopuluxe · Sets DIY ATOMIC JUNK MAIL ...

Junk mail with real junk? No thanks.
Last week I received the unsolicited "gift" of a folder of animal stationery – again with the request for money.

Offer from Will Ferrell's Funny or Die almost got treated as junk mail by two Australian comics
When two young Melbourne comedy producers got an email from Will Ferrell's 'people' in San Francisco, they dismissed it as spam.

Ottawa shooting: Zehaf-Bibeau used junk mail as temp licence plate
CBC.ca Ottawa shooting: Zehaf-Bibeau used junk mail as temp licence plate CBC.ca CBC News has learned Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the man who attacked ...

Utah boy requesting junk mail gets thousands of books after mailman's plea goes viral - 7online.com
... and he also loves to read. "I just usually read the newspapers," he said. Mathew can also get lost in what most of us consider junk mail. That's ...

Postal Ruling Makes Junk Mail Cheaper
The Newspaper Association of America said it was "stunned" that the Postal Regulatory Commission approved the "anti-competitive and damaging" ...

Monday baby blogging: Amp bitches about junk mail edition
Alas, a blog - Feminist, anti-racist, pro-fat, plus whatever else we feel like talking about.

How To Make a Clock From Junk Mail!
... and notes throughout the process, and now you can make a cute, DIY wall clock, too. The best part: you can recycle your unwanted junk mail! ...

PaperKarma iPhone app eradicates junk mail with just a photo
Appolicious - A few months ago I registered for a pretty popular wedding-related website and ever since, my apartment’s mailbox has been overflowing ...

Even the junk mail in San Francisco is all about startups
... are the days of coupon books and fliers for $5 off your next purchase at your local neighborhood business. In San Francisco, the junk mail ...