problem to delete a mail in Mail

Hello

i'm using Mail 1.2.5
i have a problem with a mail...

when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i
have to shut down Mail :(

how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ?
that way i think i will be able to delete the mail...

thanks
FabienM

0
FabienM (5)
2/11/2004 9:44:52 AM
comp.sys.mac.comm 3057 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"FabienM" <FabienM@badadress.fr> writes:

> how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ?
> that way i think i will be able to delete the mail...

double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages
from the body of the message.  It should jump to the bottom
of the screen and none of the body content should be visible
any more.

When you're done, double-click on it again.

Or drag it instead of double-clicking on it.

--
Plain Bread alone for e-mail, thanks.  The rest gets trashed.
No HTML in E-Mail! --    http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
> > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the
mail ?
> > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail...
>
> double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages
> from the body of the message.  It should jump to the bottom
> of the screen and none of the body content should be visible
> any more.

fabulous !!!
it's crazy how a double-click can save your life... :)

thanks
FabienM

0
FabienM (5)

Mail.app deletes mail when deleting account
In Mail.app, in Preferences, in the Accounts panel, there is a list of accounts. I had a POP account there I no longer in use. I used the Remove button to delete the old account. But I didn't mean for it to delete all mail that had been recieved earlier into that email address. Yet that seems to be what happened. At least I can't find the mail anywhere in any of my mailboxes or in my_home/Library/Mail. There were a number of messages organized into various folders. Now they are gone. These mail messages were not sitting on a server, they were on my Mac. Is Mail supposed to do ...

Mail .Mac cannot send mail via smtp mac
I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found without any problem I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, what could be wrong ? thanks joss In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found > without any problem > > I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, > what could be wrong ? > > thanks > > joss Without more detail, it's only a guess...but perhaps your provider is blocking port 25. It's probably a good idea to switch to the "submission port" instead. I don't use Apple's Mail program for my .Mac account and don't know just now where to go there for setting this, but it's an automatic option I use with Eudora. You should also turn on the encryption settings for better security. = Steve = -- Steve W. Jackson Montgomery, Alabama On 2007-10-11 18:07:53 +0200, "Steve W. Jackson" <stevewjackson@knology.net> said: > In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, > Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > >> I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found >> without any problem >> >> I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, >> what could be wrong ? >> >...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I can synchronize the mail on both machines? Failing that, is there a way -- besides doing it message-by-message -- to save the text and attachments from new mail messages? Problem two: Though by all means I can understand, both PBs are set up exactly the same way and certainly the mail prefs are the same, when I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at home, it opens Firefox to the correct page, just like it ought to do, but if I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at the shop, the mail window flashes once, but nothing opens. Both PBs are set up with Firefox as the default browser. What in the ding-dong am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bart Brown ...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/...

Problem with mail.app not finding mail
I'm using Mail 4.1 on 10.6.1, and my wife is using Mail 2.1.3 on 10.4.11, so there's not an exact convergence. I have mine set up to get mail from our web host, and it works fine. I have Louise's set up to get mail from our Web host, and it doesn't work. My problem is that I have no clue how to diagnose the problem - which end it's on. As far as I can tell, I set both accounts up the same on our Web host (an external service, not run by us), and I've set both mail.app accounts up the same. How do I troubleshoot this? In article <231020091035146216%ralph@whitehous...

Mail deletes old e-mails
I have tried all the fixes, checked all the settings, deleted preferences, deleted rules, etc. etc., but my Mail (OS 10.4) continually dletes e-mails older than 30 days. Any ideas? I have an old iMac, and I don't feel like doing a full reinstall Dennis Dennis Pemberton <pem@nospamharperkynes.com> wrote: > I have tried all the fixes, checked all the settings, deleted > preferences, deleted rules, etc. etc., but my Mail (OS 10.4) > continually dletes e-mails older than 30 days. Any ideas? I have an > old iMac, and I don't feel like doing a full reinstall Is that...

Problem deleting mails
When I have deleted e-mails I get this message: Data error encountered in folder Folder name: Whatever File name: FOLxxxxx.PMM Pegasus Mail has encountered a consistency problem in the folder whose details are shown above. The error encountered was as follows: ** Probable invalid offset in index record. If the error message starts with the characters '**', then it may be possible to recover from the error by reindexing the folder. Right-click the folder in the folder list and choose the 'Reindex folder' command to attempt this operation. Reindexing a ...

Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue
Hi, my mail queue is getting bigger and bigger and seems like occupyin lots of space in my server. I want to delete those outdated mails i the queue. Is there anybody know that what's the command t flush/delete those outdated mails from the queue? If I'm not wrong "sendmail -q -v" can flush the mail queue. What's the extra paramete should I use to clear the outdated mails? Please Help Cheers, Joh - john_tige ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ---------------------------------------------------...

Mail redirect before new mail arrives problem
Dont know if this has anything to do with the fact that we are running Lotus Notes Domino 5.0.12 on Linux BUT I have a problem with mail redirection. I have created a agent in my mailfile (on server) - shared agent - runs 'before new mail arrives - simple action to send mail (including copy of document) to another user in the address book. This works fine on most of our servers but there are a couple of exceptions. Here is what happens when you watch the Domino console when a new email arrives for this user 06/26/2003 11:00:01 AM Router: The New Mail Agent in mail/sthor...

Deleted sent mail in Apple Mail application
My Apple Mail application has three trash folders. One marked Clara, my Isp. One marked Nildram my broadband supplier and one quaintly marked "On my Mac". My Clara trash folder is showing a message in it, that I can't read, delete or move. Whilst attempting to delete it, I seem to have deleted all of my sent mail going back about five years. Is it possible that the mail is still somewhere on the HD, and if so can anyone tell me where. I can find no trace of it in my Home Folder>library. In article <0001HW.BFA0C4710002EB31F0284550@news.claranews.com>, Pete...

help: how do I delete a specific mail from the mail queue?
I'm using sendmail 8 on RH9. I want to delete a specific mail from the mail queue. Is there not a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find the info anywhere. I am not using Postfix btw, and I only seem to be able to find a postfix command to do this but that doesn't work. Thanks in advance. Regards, Tobias Skytte Tobias Skytte wrote: > I'm using sendmail 8 on RH9. I want to delete a specific mail from the > mail queue. Is there not a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find There is no simple way because mail is not supposed to be deleted while in transit. I...

Junk mail handling problems in Mail.app
Since upgrading to Panther I have encountered trouble getting junk mail handling to work properly. I don't know whether its a bug in "Mail" or a local problem. What happens is this. If the Preferences are set to "When Junk Mail arrives -- Move it to the Junk mailbox (Automatic)" the Junk mail Icon (in the Mailboxes drawer) increments up as Junk messages arrive. The number of messages is shown alongside the Icon. However, when the Icon is selected none of these messages are listed in the main window. Looking in ~/Library/Mail/Junk/ there is a file named 'Inco...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Re: Delete/flush outdated mails in mail queue
john_tiger wrote: > *Didn't you start the daemon with -q1h or some similar option so it > runs the queue periodically? > > Check the timeout options in your mc/cf file, unless you changed > them, mails should stay no longer than 5 days in the queue. > > See doc/op/op.* and cf/README. > 2.3. The Mail Queues > 4.1.3. Message timeouts > -- > A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. > Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally rea > text. > Q: Why is top-post...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Mac Mail problem 434947
While deleting mail account from my list in mail preferences, the mail program deleted everything in the in box of another account that I wanted to keep from the other mail service. Anyway to get it back? Any unerase programs out there for MacOsX 10.4.8? Thanks Lyndon In article <lyndonr-0CB1D0.20164917122006@sn-ip.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>, lyndon <lyndonr@easyjunktrapstreet.com> wrote: > While deleting mail account from my list in mail preferences, > the mail program deleted everything in the in box of another > account that I wanted to keep from the other mail se...

Problem: Mail bypassing MX records and Mail Screening
We have a Sophos virus screener, and it is the Primary first-choice DNS MX record for virtually all addresses in our domain, call it emailchek. The IMAP mail host itself, call it jove, is listed as a secondary fall-back second-choice MX record. In the normal course of events, outside world mail goes to emailchek, then through a dedicated pipe to jove. The secondary MX record exists for times when emailchek gets overloaded or hangs; jove doesn't have screening software. Ideally, all mail should appear on jove either through the pipe from emailchek OR directly from a host within our domai...

problem with Sync between Entourage mail and Qsync mail for Palm
QSync is the conduit that enables downloading eamil messages from Microsoft Entourage to Mail on Palm. My problem is default conduit settings for QSync Mail do not stick. After choosing the folder in the sync dialog window, the first sync works fine. The next sync does not transfer any email. The software dev sites link for the sync software does not have any support for the product. http://www.queuesoft.jp/queuesync-e.html Is there a user out ther that has a better experience with this software or a better freeware solution? nb ...

MercuryP not deleting mails even though mail clients tell it to
I have a problem with a newly installed Mercury32 4.01a I am accessing MercuryP (pop server) from the same PC using Outlook Express as the mail client (also the same problem using Opera as mail client). Mercury is not deleting mails in the POP mailbox even though mail clients tell it to. This results in getting multiple copies of emails. Pop session logs shows the "DELE" command being issued and Mercury replies OK. Any ideas please? Details are as follows: The mail clients are configured to delete the mail after it is retrieved (i.e. normal standard POP3 se...

Web resources about - problem to delete a mail in Mail - comp.sys.mac.comm

First World problem: Ricki-Lee Coulter's champagne cork to the eye
... victim of a wayward cork to the eye. This is how not to pop a bottle, according to Ricki-Lee Coulter. In a serious case of First World problems, ...

Why Telstra's network problems could cause long-term damage
Australian phone and internet providers suffer daily network problems and outages. But Telstra falls the hardest when customers see behind the ...

Why Telstra's network problems could cause long-term damage
Australian phone and internet providers suffer daily network problems and outages. But Telstra falls the hardest when customers see behind the ...

China has a $777 billion problem with unpaid bills
Not since 1999 have China's companies had so much trouble getting customers to actually pay for what they've bought.

John Oliver: All Of The Legal, Economic, And Practical Problems With Donald Trump’s Wall
About the Trump wall. There are just a few problems with that...

Mini-review: tvOS 9.2 fixes all the Apple TV’s biggest problems
... the work of building the Apple TV into a platform rather than just a streaming box. That platform mostly seems solid, and its biggest problems ...

Leak suggests iPhone 7 might actually address the iPhone’s biggest problem
... and a brand new report brings us more information suggesting that Apple's new iPhone 7 might actually address the iPhone lineup's biggest problem. ...

The world’s wealthiest failed state... a population that’s complicit.... a very strong implantation ...
... its success in arresting [the alleged leader of the Paris massacre Salah] Abdeslam, Belgium continues to present a special security problem ...

Here's Why Apple Has a Big iPhone Problem
With sales expected to decline, the company shakes up the schedule.