Help!! customer Database | FileMaker

Im Creating A Customer Database for my company and i have about 100-120 pro=
ducts and 200-250 customers most of my customers have a different price on =
each product so i would like to know who can i make it that when I'm making=
 a invoice that once i put the product the price for that customer would au=
tomatically appear

what i have tried is making a new field on the starter solution for invoice=
s in the product layout and making that new field connected to the Customer=
 ID and then connecting the Customer ID to the Price but i kinda got stuck =
between it all can you please help if not with this idea i would try anothe=
r idea to see if it would work

Thank You
0
ges4114u123
8/25/2012 1:26:39 PM
comp.sys.mac.databases 206 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <b3e128fd-06e2-484e-9ea6-d6f433c94668@googlegroups.com>,
ges4114u123@gmail.com wrote:

> Im Creating A Customer Database for my company and i have about 100-120
> products and 200-250 customers most of my customers have a different
> price on each product so i would like to know who can i make it that
> when I'm making a invoice that once i put the product the price for
> that customer would automatically appear
>
> what i have tried is making a new field on the starter solution for
> invoices in the product layout and making that new field connected to
> the Customer ID and then connecting the Customer ID to the Price but i
> kinda got stuck between it all can you please help if not with this
> idea i would try another idea to see if it would work
>
> Thank You

You probably can, but depending on how the Tables are set-up, it could get
a bit messy. It's probably more sensible to have just one price for
everyone (it would also save possibly a lot of extra work when a product's
price changes).

If you really don't want one price, then you'll probably have to create a
new field that links the Invoice directly to the Price with a new
Relationship using a combined CustomerID-ProductID field in both Tables.
e.g.
      CustomerID & "-" & ProductID

By the way, there's a newsgroup just for FileMaker (Mac and Windows)
called comp.databases.filemaker if it's on your newsserver.

Helpful Harry  :o)
0
HelpfulHarry