[ANN] Graphviz 1.13 (v15) for Mac OS X

Dear All,

A bug fix version for bitmap exports sometimes resulting in text
files. Would you believe the oldest sin in the programmer's bible --
an uninitialized variable. And Graphviz should now play better with
external editors like BBEdit.

http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/

-------------------

Here's the whole deal:

Fixed bitmaps sometimes exporting as text files [ADe].
Fixed slowdown in non-Quicktime formats for v14.
Fixed relative shapefiles not resolving through the GUI (working
directory not set).
Removed viewport debug messages.
Removed non-functioning pages menu.
Improved integration with external editors (file type TEXT) [MKe].
Reduced download size (dead-stripped code).
Tracked main build of 12 August.

Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Go to
http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/donate/ to see an updated list of
top donors.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Glen Low

---
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
www.pixelglow.com
0
glenlow
8/20/2004 7:15:28 AM
comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

[ANN] Graphviz 1.13 (v16) for Mac OS X
Dear All, Another minor bug fix version. In particular I've put a bit more slop in the font search routine e.g. Arial and Arial Regular will now match (instead of only ArialMT). http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ -------------- Improved font searching [RSc]. Fixed labels with blank lines sometimes failing to render [HDi]. Fixed bitmap formats sometimes not showing in export dialog [HDr]. Tracked main build of 23 August. -------------- Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[ANN] Graphviz 1.13 (v14) for Mac OS X
Just added the two most-requested features off the top of the list -- create a graph using "New", and choose your own text editor (*sniff* TextEdit feels the pain of your collective rejection...). And also fixed that bad UTF-8 bug, where non-ASCII chars were unceremoniously dumped. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Would appreciate any non-Latin1 users to test v14 with your languages and fonts to see if it's OK. Better still, if you can customize the ..lproj for your own language, since the interface is fairly stable now. Here's the low-down: Added New menu command [JJa]...

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. &...

[ANN] Graphviz 1.12 (v6) for Mac OS X
Dear All, I've finally fixed the major bugs with 1.12 (v5) especially the multiline issue. And do try out the new HTML-like labels, courtesy of an experimental implementation using 10.3's libxml2 parser -- I need some good souls who are willing to give it a beating, and if it survives there may be a case for it to make it to the mainline build. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ And thanks for all your feedback too, especially the timely bug reports from Ryan Schmidt. Changes ---------- Added multigraph output for PDF. HTML-like labels now work in 10.3 (libxml2 parser) [RSc]. Fixed...

[ANN] Graphviz 1.12 (v5) for Mac OS X
Dear All, The Mac OS X port of the automated graph layout program, Graphviz, is now sync'ed with the mainline 1.12 build! http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Inspired by Pierre Chatelier, I've also implemented a centered, fully reversible zoom and resize in Graphviz -- a picture is really worth a 1000 words here, but here's a few words -- when zooming and resizing, the app keeps targetting the spot in the graph that's the *center* of the viewport, even when the graph is zoomed small. Took me a while to puzzle out the geometry of that. Changes ---------- Added bcomps tool. Zo...

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step ...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

Recent Articles,, * Amazon offering Mac OS X Snow Leopard Family Pack for $36.49, * Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.1, the first update to the Snow Leopard operating system, * Gartner: Exchange
http://switchtoamac.com/site/survey-indicates-that-50-of-us-it-pros-are-considering-abandoning-windows-likely-to-switch-to-apples-mac-os-x.html http://tinyurl.com/ybrbgek A June 12, 2009 CNNMoney.com article titled 'Can Windows 7 save PCs?", David Goldman writes about Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system. The article discusses the PC slump and highlights a March survey conducted by Dimension Research that indicates that 50% of respondents are likely to dump Windows in favor of Apple's Mac OS X operating system. Noteworthy quotes form the article ...

Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
------_=_NextPart_001_01C755D2.E5708505 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code takes the LAST extension from the filter and attaches it to the file. I find this a bit strange, and I would expect the FIRST extension of each file type to be the most dominant one, so that it's used as the default extension if none is supplied. Is there any reason for using the last extension (o...

RE: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
OK, I will fix this, and send a patch. > -----Original Message----- > From: Vadim Zeitlin [mailto:vadim@wxwindows.org] > Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:38 PM > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: Re: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1] >=20 > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:11:23 +0200 Yaron Tadmor <YaronT@HumanEyes.com> > wrote: >=20 > YT> Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in > YT> response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code > YT> takes the LAST extens...

You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume.
Hi Group, Decided to reinstall OSX today on my MAC Book. _ Boy was this a mistake_ I booted off the DVD and changed the partition setup to two instead of one using the disk utility program. Selected MAC OSX Extended Journaled for both paritions. Now in the installer when I come to select the drive to install on I get the message "You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume." There is a red explaination mark on the drive. I have reboot, reformatted the drive back one parition using the disk util program and I still have the same proble...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

Mac OS X Kerberos Extras updated for Mac OS X 10.3

FS: Mac OS X v10.2 and Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther)
clearing up my storeroom. we have moved to tiger. OS10.2 are the original two cds from apple OS10.3 (Panther) are the original three cds from apple. prices: best offer -- getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence - jules feifer to email me, delete syzygy. from my return address ...

Mac os 9 Vs. Mac os X
I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off the earth for them. The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 will I need all the mac os x libraries ? can someone throw somelight ? Thanks On 21 Nov 2003, dharmesh wrote: > I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac > os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find > no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off > the earth for them. Mac OS 8/9 documentation is at http://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos8/mac8.html (it's in the legacy documentation section) > > The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward > compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 > will I need all the mac os x libraries ? If your application is carbonised (ie you link against CarbonLib instead of InterfaceLib & co) then the same binary will run on OS X and OS 9 Fred I was trying to reference the CarbonLib from visual basic...I was succesful with Interacelib but couldn't access CarbonLib. I dont understand why. The system seems to have CarbonLib 1.4. Thanks for the reply Frederick Cheung <f...

Mac os 9 Vs. Mac os X
I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off the earth for them. The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 will I need all the mac os x libraries ? can someone throw somelight ? Thanks >The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward >compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 >wi...

Mac OS X fonts in Mac OS 9
Dear all, Is it possible to use MacOS X fonts in the classic environment? What's the procedure if it is ... Cheers! In article <3bef037b.0411010152.7625d932@posting.google.com>, davidol@hushmail.com (David) wrote: > Is it possible to use MacOS X fonts in the classic environment? > What's the procedure if it is ... No problem: a) TrueType fonts (.ttf - the vast majority) can simply be *moved* to the fonts folder in your Classic system folder. b) OpenType fonts (.otf) can be placed there as well but require Adobe Type Manager Light to work: <http://www.adobe....

Web resources about - [ANN] Graphviz 1.13 (v15) for Mac OS X - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Producing complex documents — playing around with Sphinx and Graphviz
... but rST seems fine. Sphinx builds HTML, text, PDF, and a bunch of other output formats. I also need some simple flowchart imagery and GraphViz ...

Instaviz on the App Store on iTunes
Get Instaviz on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Graph drawing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the abstract, all that matters is which pairs vertices are connected by edges. In the concrete, however, the arrangement of these vertices ...

The "B" Ark: The About Page
Originally, my website was, well, crap. 'course, it's still crap, but it's cooler! Anyway, the old site was more of a Javascript experiment than ...

org-mode.org
#+TITLE: Org Mode - Organize Your Life In Plain Text! #+LANGUAGE: en #+AUTHOR: Bernt Hansen (IRC:Thumper_ on freenode) #+EMAIL: bernt@norang.ca ...

Arduino - AllRecentChanges
Main.Buy . . . June 26, 2012, at 10:15 AM by Davide Gomba ? : Reference.SoftwareSerialRead . . . May 25, 2012, at 09:48 AM by Tom Igoe ? : T ...

start [10BitWorks Projects]
[[ start ]] 10BitWorks Projects Trace: • start You are here: start Table of Contents Events Classes Projects Infrastructure Acquiring Equipment ...

Source Browser
Name Size Parent Directory - Apple16X50Serial/ - Apple3Com3C90x/ - AppleAC97Audio/ - AppleADBButtons/ - AppleADBDisplay/ - AppleADBKeyboard/ ...

sfdp
... directed algorithm that efficiently layout very large graphs with high quality, based on this paper . It is available as part of the graphviz ...

NFL Beatpaths
Completely Stats-Driven: Football Outsiders , also featured at Fox Sports , has a system where they break everything down to the average performance ...