ANN: Ayam 1.9 Pre-Release for Mac OS X / Aqua

Hi,

Ayam is a free 3D modelling environment for the RenderMan interface.
In the last months many problems were solved in the Aqua version of
Ayam so that it is now available as a first class application on
the Mac OS X platform (with more or less complete integration into
the UI wrt icons, document types, installation method via DMG,
AppleScript support). Since we may have overlooked one or the other
small thing, a pre-release version of Ayam1.9 on Mac OS X Aqua is
now available for download and testing.
See
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ayam/ayam1.9pre.dmg.gz?download
for download, and
http://www.ayam3d.org/
for more information about the project.

Please give it a try and mail us your suggestions so that we may
consider them for final release.

best regards,
Randolf,
--
http://www.ayam3d.org/    Reconstruct the World!
0

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step ...

[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.9.1 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released
Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9.1 Binary Release Announcement May 4, 2005 I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9.1, the Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with over fifty popular extensions. The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on SourceForge: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=325089 http://snurl.com/enn6 Three variants are available: * TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, include...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Recent Articles,, * Amazon offering Mac OS X Snow Leopard Family Pack for $36.49, * Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.1, the first update to the Snow Leopard operating system, * Gartner: Exchange
http://switchtoamac.com/site/survey-indicates-that-50-of-us-it-pros-are-considering-abandoning-windows-likely-to-switch-to-apples-mac-os-x.html http://tinyurl.com/ybrbgek A June 12, 2009 CNNMoney.com article titled 'Can Windows 7 save PCs?", David Goldman writes about Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system. The article discusses the PC slump and highlights a March survey conducted by Dimension Research that indicates that 50% of respondents are likely to dump Windows in favor of Apple's Mac OS X operating system. Noteworthy quotes form the article ...

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. &...

Mac os 9 Vs. Mac os X
I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off the earth for them. The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 will I need all the mac os x libraries ? can someone throw somelight ? Thanks >The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward >compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 >wi...

Mac os 9 Vs. Mac os X
I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off the earth for them. The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 will I need all the mac os x libraries ? can someone throw somelight ? Thanks On 21 Nov 2003, dharmesh wrote: > I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac > os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find > no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off > the earth for them. Mac OS 8/9 documentation is at http://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos8/mac8.html (it's in the legacy documentation section) > > The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward > compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 > will I need all the mac os x libraries ? If your application is carbonised (ie you link against CarbonLib instead of InterfaceLib & co) then the same binary will run on OS X and OS 9 Fred I was trying to reference the CarbonLib from visual basic...I was succesful with Interacelib but couldn't access CarbonLib. I dont understand why. The system seems to have CarbonLib 1.4. Thanks for the reply Frederick Cheung <f...

Mac OS X fonts in Mac OS 9
Dear all, Is it possible to use MacOS X fonts in the classic environment? What's the procedure if it is ... Cheers! In article <3bef037b.0411010152.7625d932@posting.google.com>, davidol@hushmail.com (David) wrote: > Is it possible to use MacOS X fonts in the classic environment? > What's the procedure if it is ... No problem: a) TrueType fonts (.ttf - the vast majority) can simply be *moved* to the fonts folder in your Classic system folder. b) OpenType fonts (.otf) can be placed there as well but require Adobe Type Manager Light to work: <http://www.adobe....

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

Creating a Bootable Mac OS 9 CD in Mac OS X
I have a bootable Mac OS 9 CD for an old Power Mac. I need to duplicate the System Folder with a few extra extensions and create a bootable CD for emergency reboot on the old computer. My new iMac does not run Classic. I copied the "System Folder" from the Mac OS 9 CD to the new iMac and burned a CD-R. The old Power Mac does not boot from the CD-R when I restart it holding down "C". My investigation revealed that the System Folder in a bootable CD-R must be "blessed" by turning on a boot bit or something. When I copied the System Folder to the iMac, it bec...

ANN: GCC 4.9.1 for Mac OS X Mavericks and Yosemite
GCC 4.9.1 is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/4.9.1/ It was built on Mavericks and is compatible with Yosemite. The README: This is GCC 4.9.1 built for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.5, Darwin 13.5.0), with Xcode 6.0.1. gcc-4.9.1-x86_64-apple-darwin13.tar.bz2 ======================================= Compilers included: Ada, C, C++, Objective C, Objective C++, Fortran. Tools included: Full GPL: ASIS, AUnit, GDB, GNATColl, and GPRbuild from GNAT GPL 2014. GPL with Runtime Library Exception[1]: XMLAda from the public SVN ...

ANN: GCC 4.9.1 for Mac OS X Mavericks and Yosemite
GCC 4.9.1 is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/4.9.1/ It was built on Mavericks and is compatible with Yosemite. The README: This is GCC 4.9.1 built for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.5, Darwin 13.5.0), with Xcode 6.0.1. gcc-4.9.1-x86_64-apple-darwin13.tar.bz2 ======================================= Compilers included: Ada, C, C++, Objective C, Objective C++, Fortran. Tools included: Full GPL: ASIS, AUnit, GDB, GNATColl, and GPRbuild from GNAT GPL 2014. GPL with Runtime Library Exception[1]: XMLAda from the public SVN ...

ANN
Xavagus Prime Software <http://www.xavagus.com> is pleased to announce the release of OIDS.X, a remake of a classic video game from the 1990s. OIDS.X is a fast-paced action/arcade style game, melding elements of games like Choplifter, Asteroids, Defender, Lode Runner, and Lunar Lander, to make one very fun and addicting Macintosh video game. � Originally released in 1990, OIDS was a hit on the Macintosh with gamers looking for a fast paced arcade style game. � OIDS earned a rating of five Mice in MacWorld magazine when it was released. � New version optimized for Mac OS X, ...

[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.9 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released
Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9 Binary Release Announcement Dec 8, 2004 I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9, the Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with over fifty popular extensions. The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on SourceForge: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=288380 http://snurl.com/b7bc Three variants are available: * TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, includes ov...

Problem with Helvetica font on Mac OS X/Mac OS 9 System
I'm working with a Mac which has Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.2 running on top of the X. I use MS Word and Pagemaker and there's a problem with helvetica italic not displaying consistently. I mean, without any intervention, some days it's visible, other days it's not. I thought maybe it was due to not having the font file, but it seems we do have it. I don't know if this is related, but Adobe Type Manager has also popped up lately complaining about not having enough cache memory. I looked at the setting and it was 2MB already, but increased it to 3 MB yesterday. It seems to have...

[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.6.1 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released
Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.6.1 Binary Release Announcement May 20, 2004 I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.6.1, the Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with fifty popular extensions. The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on SourceForge: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=219460 http://tinyurl.com/2nj7a Three variants are available: * TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, includes ...

Ann: ActiveDeveloper 2.14 released on Mac OS X 10.2/10.1
ActiveDeveloper 2.14 released for MacOS X 10.2 and 10.1 Our Incremental Objective-C & C IDE, JIT compiler and Debugger Your companion for Cocoa and now also QuickTime Along with Cocoa, ActiveDeveloper v2.14 now also work with QuickTime applications in Objective-C. There is a new QTMovie example implementing a simple QuickTime Movie Player - to show you how it works. ActiveDeveloper v2.14 also has the 3. release of the "ActiveDeveloper User Guide" incorporating most of the user feedback we have had so far and giving a new Sample 3 of Activating the QTMovie player...

Ann: ActiveDeveloper 2.14 released on Mac OS X 10.2/10.1
ActiveDeveloper 2.14 released for MacOS X 10.2 and 10.1 Our Incremental Objective-C & C IDE, JIT compiler and Debugger Your companion for Cocoa and now also QuickTime Along with Cocoa, ActiveDeveloper v2.14 now also work with QuickTime applications in Objective-C. There is a new QTMovie example implementing a simple QuickTime Movie Player - to show you how it works. ActiveDeveloper v2.14 also has the 3. release of the "ActiveDeveloper User Guide" incorporating most of the user feedback we have had so far and giving a new Sample 3 of Activating the QTMovie player...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

Error compiling 1.9.1 on Mac OS X
When making ruby-1.9.1-p0 on Mac OS X (10.5.6), I get the following error: cc -dynamic -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -o .ext/i386- darwin9/enc/trans/transdb.bundle enc/trans/transdb.o -L. -L. -L. -L/ opt/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lruby1.9 -lpthread -ldl -lobjc ld: in /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib, file is not of required architecture collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [.ext/i386-darwin9/enc/trans/transdb.bundle] Error 1 make: *** [trans] Error 2 Ideas? ...

Web resources about - ANN: Ayam 1.9 Pre-Release for Mac OS X / Aqua - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Press release - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A press release , news release , media release , press statement or video release is a written or recorded communication directed at members ...

Press Release Rocket - News and Current Events
By Toi Williams on December 24, 2014 Workers at more than 1,400 Walmart stores across the nation are set to see their pay rise next year as ...

Facebook Blocks Access To Unauthorized Pre-Release Version Of Home
Some tech-savvy users of Android devices were able to experiment with a pre-release version of Facebook Home prior to its scheduled release in ...

Online Press Release Distribution - EON: Enhanced Online News
EON: Enhanced Online News features online press release distribution to help your press release thrive online. EON's easy interface creates optimized ...

Press release from the Maine Democratic Party: LePage Friends and Family Plan - Facebook
MPBN Capitol Connection hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Press release from the Maine Democratic Party: LePage Friends and Family Plan geschrieben. ...

Facebook Issues First-Ever Press Release Reassuring the Market It’s Still Working With a Platform Developer ...
In what is an interesting sign of the times, Facebook and Zynga this morning issued press releases announcing that they plan on working together ...

Marketwire – Newswire service for online press release distribution, social media releases, social media ...
Marketwire – Newswire service for online press release distribution, social media releases, social media monitoring, online newsrooms, news release ...

Press Release Distribution, Public Relations Services - SBWire
SBWire’s press release distribution, targeting, marketing, online media contact management, and hosted news room service helps small businesses ...

Press Release Monkey (@ProPressRelease) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

WhaTech - Technology News - Business Directory - Press Releases - WhaTech
Top IT and Technology companies choose WhaTech to help build their brand, engage with new customers and maintain relationships with existing ...