Going rate for Kodak color approval

We are working with a company to print labels for our product. They
are requiring us to use their Kodak Color Approval at a cost of $450/
color.
I looked into the system. i watched a Kodak video on youtube &
although the machine looks rather expensive, it seems likes its really
just a high quality printout.

Does the rate that I am being charged seem high? I would expect to pay
about 1/4 of that per color. Not that Im an expert or anything.Thanks.
Jason
0
jay
4/23/2011 11:45:38 AM
comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Going... Going... Going...
It seems that a lot of my List-O-Wares has been claimed. Will update ASAP Evif wrote: > > It seems that a lot of my List-O-Wares has been claimed. Will update ASAP Rather than "spamming" this group, why not keep your posts confined to ONE thread, hey ?!?! ...

Go Vista Go!!! GO GO!!
Vista the number 1 selling OS of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!! wooohoooooooooooo Welcome to comp.sys.vista.envy Enjoy your stay! ...

HDs for graphics
Here's my scenario... can't afford to, can't afford not to. I've been working without a net for way too long and it's catching up to me. My only backup has been zips and they have proven inadequate and too costly. It seems that any technical knowledge I once had has either become out-dated or has been forgotten:( Problems that have been occurring: Not enough memory messages, not enough disk space messages, programs quitting, not a lot of freezing surprisingly. And, in high-res in Photoshop or Illustrator with raster images.... crawling-apply-a-brush-stroke-and-go-to-lunch SLOWWWWW. I know it was a lack of space and/or virtual memory that prevented a program from being able to print to file. There was enough space for the file, but I don't think the print monitor (or whatever) had the space/memory to finish the job. When I made enough space on my system partition I was able to output low-res for distiller finally, but still can't output high-res (this was a large graphics file). Working with virtual memory on doesn't seem to help, and sometimes seems to hurt. I allocated more memory to Photoshop and Illustrator to help speed them up, but this only served to reduce my scratch disk space and I still got "not enough memory" errors. I have a G4 Yikes, 350 MHz, 832MB ram, w/10GB Quantum hard drive. I am WAY over partitioned (5). First, should I replace the original or add a second hard drive? My concern is the age of the original (1999...

Plotting color graphics with a color bar
I've been using 'image' to plot 2d data, but have run in to problems when adding a color bar. The data is in the range from 0 to 3nm, and a colorbar fitted to this has only four shades. I can scale the data so it's 0 to 255, which gives a lovely image, but then the color bar is also from 0 to 255. I can't see how to add a different scale to the colour bar. Some plot functions use color as another axes, and by scaling this axes the color bar scales as well. However, I don't think 'image' can in this way. Is it better to use another plotting function than image? I need to maintain the aspect ratio of the plot, as it represents physical sizes. I want to keep a flat 2d image (for now), although later will need to plot the third variable as 3d height as well as color. Thanks for any help, Richard. I think "imagesc" is the command you are looking for. Richard Cobley wrote: > > > I've been using 'image' to plot 2d data, but have run in to > problems > when adding a color bar. The data is in the range from 0 to 3nm, > and > a colorbar fitted to this has only four shades. I can scale the > data > so it's 0 to 255, which gives a lovely image, but then the color > bar > is also from 0 to 255. I can't see how to add a different scale to > the colour bar. Some plot functions use color as another axes, and > by scaling this axes the color bar scales as well. However, I > don't &...

United States Congress retains low approval rating --> The Republicans are going to further sink it on gun-control and the fiscal cliff.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/12/19/279041/us-congress-retains-low-approval-rating/ Maniacs control the House, they are tanking the Republican party, and 2014 is going to be further pay back. On 12/19/2012 7:29 PM, Big Steel wrote: > http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/12/19/279041/us-congress-retains-low-approval-rating/ > > > Maniacs control the House, they are tanking the Republican party, and > 2014 is going to be further pay back. On 12/19/2012 9:58 PM, Justin wrote: <snipped> SLAPPED for no originality... I just watched the Dark Night and nex...

How to handle the color for graphics for two-color printing?
Newbie question. The publication needs two colors, red for titles and green for texts. I also placed a few cliparts that I created with Illustrator in the article. Each clipart should be either red or green too. What I did is I colored the cliparts in green and red in Illustrator and saved them as EPS files. Then placed them in the article. When I tried the plug-in, save for service provider, it says it will be 4-color printing. I suspect the color that I used for EPS files in Illustrator may not be the exact green and red for the titles and texts. Am I right? If so, how to correct th...

bogo no go, has mogo on the go-go-go

Once you go Mac, you won't go back
Says Douglas Schweitzer of ComputerWorld. http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=12222 -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" I believe it was Jim Polaski who said... > "Once you go Mac, you won't go back" I went back. I tried my hardest to like the thing but it just didnt work out. Now its collecting dust and Im having a hard time deciding which friend or relative to stick with this piece of shit. -- -------------------------------------------------------------------...

xdvi foreground and background colors that changes graphics colors
Hi! I am using LaTeX to create slides for a presentation (using FoilTeX), and I have a problem with colors and included graphics. The simple way I use to change the background color and text color is with the -bg and -fg options of xdvi (the version of xdvi available here (22.40) doesn't render colors), but it turns out that any black and white pixels in images are also changed to the new background and foreground colors! Is there anything I can do other than editing the images such that black and white pixels won't be black and white but almost black and almost white? -- F....

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Do Macs Have Color?
There have been a great number of "switchers" lately, I've noticed. A recent visit to the Apple store for a hardware check--- 2 PM weekday--- was an eye opener. The store was packed with people. They were leaving with all kinds of boxes too. It was so exciting that I nearly bought one myself! Waiting for my turn at the G-bar, I took the opportunity to roam around and see what people were looking at and buying. A lot of them were new to the Mac, asking the weirdest questions..... Does it have a hard drive? Will it connect to the internet? I've heard there is ...

Going Rate
Does anyone know of any rates anyone is receiving (or being offered) for the new big VA project that is starting now? I don't believe what I am being told. Thanks! Charlie Charlie-Boo <shymathguy@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of any rates anyone is receiving (or being offered) > for the new big VA project that is starting now? I don't believe > what I am being told. What are you being told? -- Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/ Please see http://keithlynch.net/email.html before emailing me. ...

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Going rate...
In the blackhat community, the going rate for 1 0wn3d Linux system is something like 500 zombied Windows boxen. So Linux has a value ratio of 500:1 over Windows. What exactly does this tell us? 1. Linux must be much more difficult to compromise to be so valuable to nefarious types. 2. Windows must be cake to compromise for such a high number to be specified. 3. Linux must be much more powerful and useful to warrant such a high ratio. 4. Windows must be pretty much crap to rate so low. 5. Linux systems must tend to be used in much more critical functions and on more powerful hardwar...

Going up or going down?
I've noticed that when Maccies see a PC for the same price of an eMac, that thoroughly outclasses the eMac, they start ramping down the home users' requirements to browsing the Web and email. When a PC is pointed out for half the price of the eMac, that can surf the Web and handle email just fine, they start ramping up to Firewire, DVD burning, and media creation. Top it all off with the bogus claim there's no price difference worth mentioning between PCs and Macs... -- Edwin On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:44:50 GMT, "Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> chose to bless u...

To go or not to go?
Here we use Filemaker to manage our databases. Now we were interested in evaluating filemaker to go to use it eventually on an IPAD (which still we don't have). Before buying, however, I want to understand a few issues which the website didn't answer me (it's just marketing and vapor-ware there). The first problem is about the synchronization of the data. Is it still true that fm-to-go doesn't let you modify or create new records? That is not the end of the world, and it might even be fine. But we have a lot of databases (> 30 probably) and I would like to synchronize t...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Going...., going.......
The day job is starting to encroach on the PS/2 side so I'm thinning the ranks a bit. Even my spare "y" complex !! :-( See user " Tomdhu " on EPay. Items:- 2782079933 2781866553 2782080557 3454581044 3454580275 2781868119 Good luck ...

Mac to mac

To Mac or not to Mac?

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Mac/Safari Gamma Problem matching HTML color to GIF color?
Hi all, I seem to be having an issue color matching between the cut up graphic pieces and the block fill background colors on a Mac iBook running Safari. Simply put, while the color are obviously similiar, they're not even close. The background color is lighter than the graphic color. But they look ok on Windows IE 6, Mozilla 1.7 and on Mac IE 5. http://www.funosophy.net/static/Homepage.html is the most glaring example. Any pointers for this? Thanx! Regards, Will Hartung (redrocks@sbcglobal.net) "Will Hartung" <redrocks@sbcglobal.net> wrote:...

color labelling files in Finder
couple of questions suppose you had a hard drive full of movies and you labelled all the comedy ones blue and all the actions ones red. and maybe the ones you hadn't seen yet yellow (you get da idea) as well as teh question in the subject line: If i was to read the drive in a windows xp machine could i see the colours? Where is this info actually stored? Also, if you look in finder you can insert 'spotlight comments'. Can windows also read this info (is this called 'metadata' or something?) Thanks peeps. Chris childish.chris@googlemail.com writes: > as well as t...

Web resources about - Going rate for Kodak color approval - comp.sys.mac.graphics

iOS app approvals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The approval process for Apple has changed over time in terms of its feedback to developers and the time delay for apps to be approved. In July ...

Settlement In Sponsored Stories Class-Action Suit Vs. Facebook Receives Preliminary Approval
... Monday, as U.S. District Court Judge Richard Seeborg ruled that Facebook’s proposed settlement meets the requirements for preliminary approval. ...

Introducing Login Approvals - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Introducing Login Approvals geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Facebook Reveals More Details About Timeline, Including an Approval Process for Open Graph Apps
“We’ve tried to be mindful about the lessons we’ve learned” Facebook Product Manger Manager Carl Sjogreen told me this morning when we sat down ...

SAP HR Approvals on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about SAP HR Approvals. Download SAP HR Approvals and enjoy it on your ...

Pedobear Seal Of Approval - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Linnoinen's photos on Flickr. Linnoinen has uploaded 1501 photos to Flickr.

Darth Vader gets loan approval: Circa 2006 - YouTube
Basically a metaphor for the credit collapse , and yes..... He got approved for the "Sports Bar" and it was later sold to a German Pension Fund, ...

Radio Update: America Evenly Divided On Obama's Approval Rating
Listen to the latest edition of The Rasmussen Report with noted pollster Scott Rasmussen on the WOR Radio Network. Stations interested in adding ...

Etihad says approval of deal with India's Jet Airways is near
Etihad Airways expected the Indian authorities to approve its US$600 million investment in Jet Airways "imminently", the carrier said yesterday. ...

Wading pool got 30cm of water? You need development approval - AdelaideNow Search Search
RESIDENTS are risking $500 fines by setting up some blow-up pools in their backyards this summer, under a little-known State Government regulation ...