Grrr... all I want is a quick font sample!

I'm looking for software that will allow me to print a quick sample
catalog of all installed fonts.

I tried the AppleScript font sampler, but all it does is the fonts
that came with the machine, it seems; I really don't want to add by
hand the 100 or so names of fonts that have been added!

I've found lots of software out there... but it's all for pre-OS X
machines! Given that I've got a mix of font types in there (Mac, PC,
TT, PS), I can't pop into Classic and use one of those.

Tell me what I'm missing!

Amy
0
alyoung (1)
7/19/2003 1:52:26 PM
comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Amy Young-Leith <alyoung@bluemarble.net> wrote:

> Tell me what I'm missing!

You could try FontBook from Lemke's site...

http://lemkesoft.com/en/fontbook.htm

or go for the finally released MasterJuggler Pro at...

http://www.alsoft.com/

--
Have fun, Hermie

September 15,1996
0
colours (26)

If you want a new Mac, but don't want Lion, you better get one quickly.
Don't forget that Lion will be released within two to six weeks. <http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/06/16/apple_may_freeze_new_mac_intr oductions_until_release_of_mac_os_x_lion.html> AppleInsider | Apple may freeze new Mac introductions until release of Mac OS X Lion By Kasper Jade and Neil Hughes Published: 01:15 PM EST Apple management is so pumped up over the advantages presented by its forthcoming Mac OS X Lion operating system that the company has been holding back the release of at least one new Mac refresh until the software is finalized, AppleInsider has learned....

Samples, samples, samples...
What's your favourite (and characteristic) set of samples from old Amiga games? I have some canditates: Chaos Engine: "Food!", "Chaos activated" Alien Breed: "Player one requires first aid / ammo / keys", "Welcome to Intex system", "Destruction is imminent" Mega-lo-mania: "We nuked them!" ;), "You've got it bastard", "No way!", "We control the sector" and "We won" of course. Dune 2: "Enemy unit destroyed / is approaching" along with immortal "Yes sir!" and...

I want, I want, I WANT?
Hello. One thing keeps me amazed these days. ROM v2.00 for the HP49G+ addresses so many issues that were in v1.23, and adds so much functionality. And don't kid yourself, you do not have HP to thank for very much of it! Anyways, after this realease I see a huge number of people (many of whom I've never seen contribute with anything before here) asking over and over again for this and that feature to be changed or added. Well, what made this news group and this community what it is today, was the fact that if we wanted something changed or added, we did it ourselves! Where do you thin...

I want. I want. I want
If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic micro do you think they might consider me. ( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) Rob On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 05:10:46 +0000, Rob Last <rob@robsbots.co.uk> wrote: >If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic >micro do you think they might consider me. > >( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) > >Rob > No, you will need to improve your writing skills so we know who "they" are. Should have been a reply to the Engineer Jobs..... Si Ballenger wrote: > On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 05:10:46 +0000, Rob Last <rob@robsbots.co.uk> > wrote: > >> If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic >> micro do you think they might consider me. >> >> ( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) >> >> Rob >> > > No, you will need to improve your writing skills so we know who > "they" are. ...

MAC Fonts/Windows Fonts
Recently, I was using a Apple MAC and opened a .doc file. I printed the file out and noticed that the font was really "cool," the a was more like an a we write with a c and a line (you know, kinda like we write and NOT the way courier new does). I am trying to figure out: First, does anyone have any idea what font it was? Second, what program do you think I probably used? I think it looks like a TXT file but it is a doc. What is it, just looks really good. Help me our here, please. GNV wrote: > Recently, I was using a Apple MAC and opened a .doc file. I printed > the file out ...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from one font-encoding to another encoding. The "convert" program (the user-cli-interface of ImageMagick can a lot, but is specialized on grapfical fileformats and can't convert fonts/texts. Is there such a converter program, or an editor that can be used? (There is a Program called JWPce, but it's only running on WinCE). Even a hint to convert one font into another (are there encoding tables?) maybe would help, if it is not toooo much effort to write a converter by myself.... ....but using a ready-to-use solution would be preferred. Any hint is welcome. Many Thanks, Oliver Hi, > What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used > to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an > save them in different font formats, > or a program that can convert from one font-encoding > to another encoding. > Is there such a converter prog...

WANTED: Part-Time Mac Programmer For Graphics Development
Nova Design is looking for a part-time Macintosh programmer conversant with OS 8.5 - OS X 10.3 who is looking to telecommute. Graphics (non-realtime, 2D and 3D) programming experience a plus! All work will be done on a contract basis - please send your resume and a list of any freeware, shareware, or commercial software you have worked on. Kermit Woodall President Nova Design, Inc. www.novadesign.com ...

WANTED: Part Time Mac Programmer for Graphics Development
Nova Design is looking for a part-time Macintosh programmer conversant with OS 8.5 - OS X 10.3 who is looking to telecommute. Graphics (non-realtime, 2D and 3D) programming experience a plus! All work will be done on a contract basis - please send your resume and a list of any freeware, shareware, or commercial software you have worked on. Kermit Woodall President Nova Design, Inc. www.novadesign.com ...

Font Woes Mac->PC with zero kByte fonts (Was: Migrating PM for Mac to FrameMaker for Win: Caveats/Tips? )
Hello group, Some font and file woes I anticipated have become reality: A customer gives us a Mac-Formatted CD with PageMaker files, graphics and fonts on it. A programm named "MacDrive" fixes the file extensions for us and makes the medium readable. BUT: All Fonts have zero kilobytes (although they have non-zero kilobytes on our old, beaten-down OS9 iMAC we got from the crate in the basement), and their names are not fixed. Q1. How come they have "0" kilobyte and appear empty when viewed with a hexeditor, despite the MacDrive-Reader-Software The medium is definitely ...

Re: WANTED: Part Time Mac Programmer for Graphics Development
Kermit, Zonic has a team of developers with all the skills which you are seeking and we have a long track record of out-sourced projects similar to the one you describe. Perhaps you could take a look at our 'our site' (http://www.zonic.co.uk) and drop us a line via the contacts page if you would like to talk further. Ian -- zian ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

HDs for graphics
Here's my scenario... can't afford to, can't afford not to. I've been working without a net for way too long and it's catching up to me. My only backup has been zips and they have proven inadequate and too costly. It seems that any technical knowledge I once had has either become out-dated or has been forgotten:( Problems that have been occurring: Not enough memory messages, not enough disk space messages, programs quitting, not a lot of freezing surprisingly. And, in high-res in Photoshop or Illustrator with raster images.... crawling-apply-a-brush-stroke-and-go-to-lunch SLOWWWWW. I know it was a lack of space and/or virtual memory that prevented a program from being able to print to file. There was enough space for the file, but I don't think the print monitor (or whatever) had the space/memory to finish the job. When I made enough space on my system partition I was able to output low-res for distiller finally, but still can't output high-res (this was a large graphics file). Working with virtual memory on doesn't seem to help, and sometimes seems to hurt. I allocated more memory to Photoshop and Illustrator to help speed them up, but this only served to reduce my scratch disk space and I still got "not enough memory" errors. I have a G4 Yikes, 350 MHz, 832MB ram, w/10GB Quantum hard drive. I am WAY over partitioned (5). First, should I replace the original or add a second hard drive? My concern is the age of the original (1999...

Mac Fonts ---> PC Fonts
Can anybody tell me, is there a way of recognising fonts that have been converted from Mac to PC, rather than genuinely created specifically for the PC (or indeed the other way around) I realise it is possible when creating typefaces to make TTF, PC Postscript, Mac Postscript (for example in Macromedia Fontographer 4.1) is this the 'Proffessional' way it would be converted for proper commercial typefaces? or is there a more proffessional way. Thanks in advance. Andy > Can anybody tell me, is there a way of recognising fonts that have been > converted from Mac to PC, r...

"Wanted" font wanted!
I'm looking for a free "Wanted" font. It doesn't have to be some exact copyrighted font... this is just for a little personal project. -- * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ * * Reform California gun laws - http://www.reformcagunlaws.com/ * * http://www.gunownersca.com - http://www.crpa.org/ * * San Diego shooters come to http://shooting.forsandiego.com/ * In article <slrndmkug4.a7u.joliver@ns.sdsitehosting.net>, John Oliver <joliver@john-oliver.net> wrote: > I'm looking for a free...

Mac OS 10.3.9 to ECRM Graphics RIP v.6 font problem
We are experiencing a weird glitch when outputting imposed PDFs to film... Some pages (no discernable pattern), are outputting with squares for some copy. This is not consistent with any one font, distilling method or specific source. It just seems to occur. In fact the same font on the same page can print fine in one place, but print as squares elsewhere on the same page. This is not related to font embedding and it is not exclusive to Type 1, TrueType or composite fonts. When it does occur we simply resend the page (changing nothing) and the problem is gone. The fact that we cannot pred...

WANTED: Rescue disk Mac SE "Sys Error" "Address Error"
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Th...

Mac font via fontographer to pc font
I have Fontographer 4.04 and I run it in Classic on Mac OSX 10.3.3. I have a Mac Postscript font and I have to add an euro character which does not exist in the font. I check out on which decimal character the euro is placed in my other font, and find that decimal 219 is where to place it. I generate at first a new Mac font and it works nice. Then I generate a pc TrueType font and mail the font to the person who needs it. She tells me that the euro exists allright - but on a wrong decimal. She tells me that she needs it to be placed on decimal 128. This however is occupied by (A-umlaut) whe...

I want to get a Mac! Mac Mini or iBook?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C541ED.3C62CE10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I really want to get rid of this PC with it's useless Microsoft based = software and get the brilliantly elegant aqua interface that mac os x = tiger has to offer on it's release date of the 29th of this month. I can't decide what to get though. I either want to buy a Mac Mini = 1.42GHz with 512MB RAM upgrade or an iBook G4 1.2GHz 12" as standard. I = really like the Mac Mi...

Change a font type to another font in a quick way?
I have a pdf file which I read on an eReader device. Certain text shows throughout the file in a hard to read font. It would be very time consuming to change every text, which uses this font to use another more legible font. Is there an easy way to change a particular font to some other font? Or to do this change programmatically in Windows? Or to replace this font with another font which has the same name? John Dalberg ...

Mac OS X fonts in Mac OS 9
Dear all, Is it possible to use MacOS X fonts in the classic environment? What's the procedure if it is ... Cheers! In article <3bef037b.0411010152.7625d932@posting.google.com>, davidol@hushmail.com (David) wrote: > Is it possible to use MacOS X fonts in the classic environment? > What's the procedure if it is ... No problem: a) TrueType fonts (.ttf - the vast majority) can simply be *moved* to the fonts folder in your Classic system folder. b) OpenType fonts (.otf) can be placed there as well but require Adobe Type Manager Light to work: <http://www.adobe....

Mac Font Book and Computer Modern Postscript fonts
I have the complete collection of Computer Modern Postscript fonts obtained from a TeX download and stored as individual font files with names like CMxxxx in my OS 10.3.9 usr/Library/Fonts folder, and they work fine with TeXShop. I can't seem to add them to Font Book, however. When I try to add them to the Font column in Font Book using the "+" button, all their names appear in the Find dialog greyed out (other fonts are active as expected). Does Font Book not handle Postscript fonts? Or is there something special about these CM fonts that Font Book can't handle? ...

^font wanted
Hi, I need the fonts named New Caledonia reg, ita, bold, boldita. Thanks, Alderman. ...

Any font I want
Can anyone tell me where can I find a Resource with all the fonts available? "Guess who" <tzarov@yahoo.com> wrote... > Can anyone tell me where can I find a Resource with all the fonts available? The internet. SCNR Andreas Andreas H�feld wrote: > "Guess who" <tzarov@yahoo.com> wrote... >> Can anyone tell me where can I find a Resource with all the fonts >> available? > > The internet. > > SCNR > > Andreas As my grandpa used to say "you're so sharp, one of these days you'll cut yourself". ;o) "C...

To Mac or not to Mac?

Fonts Wanted
Bembo Cyrillic & Trajan Cyrillic. Thanks Nachricht von Sani: > Bembo Cyrillic & Trajan Cyrillic. Do not exist AFAIK. You can get a Cyrillic Garamond, but neither Linotype's nor Bitstream's (Aldine 401) Bembo contain Cyrillic characters. Same for Trajan. Andreas Thanks On 02.5.08 10:53, in article 481ad696$0$6558$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net, "Andreas H�feld" <me@privacy.net> wrote: > Nachricht von Sani: >> Bembo Cyrillic & Trajan Cyrillic. > > Do not exist AFAIK. You can get a Cyrillic Garamond, but neither > Linotype...

Web resources about - Grrr... all I want is a quick font sample! - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Sample size determination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sample size determination is the act of choosing the number of observations or replicates to include in a statistical sample . The sample size ...

Facebook Debuts Feed Gaming: Users Can Sample Games Directly Via News Feed
Facebook’s news feed is about to become a lot more fun, as the social network announced that it will implement the ability for users to try out ...

Samples and How Tos - Facebook-Entwickler
If you want to dive into code, you&#039;ve come to the right place. These samples are all available...

Living Proof Facebook Campaign Sends Free Samples Flying Off The Virtual Shelves
Beauty product manufacturer Living Proof recently scored a big hit surrounding a free sample campaign for its No Frizz hair care product. Living ...

C.K. Sample III (@cksample) on Twitter

audioBase.com Sample Player for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get audioBase.com Sample Player on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HTC Sensation Samples - a set on Flickr
This is a set of photos that is part of a larger product review published at www.ubergizmo.com/2011/06/htc-sensation-review/

Human rights advocate slams collection of DNA samples from men, boys in Manitoba First Nation
RCMP are gathering DNA samples from men and boys on a remote Manitoba First Nation in an effort to solve the homicide of 11-year-old Teresa Robinson, ...

These Sample Photos Taken With Sony’s G Master Lenses Will Blow You Away
... resolution video recording in the Super 35 mm format, without pixel binning. The sensor actually takes in a 6k resolution image, then oversamples ...

Security policy samples, templates and tools
... are always emerging. Are your security policies keeping pace? CSO's security policy, templates and tools page provides free sample documents ...