HDs for graphics - LONG cross post: mac.sys.hardware.storage

Here's my scenario... can't afford to, can't afford not to.
I've been working without a net for way too long and it's
catching up to me. My only backup has been zips and they
have proven inadequate and too costly.
It seems that any technical knowledge I once had has either
become out-dated or has been forgotten:(

Problems that have been occurring:
Not enough memory messages, not enough disk space messages,
programs quitting, not a lot of freezing surprisingly. And, in
high-res in Photoshop or Illustrator with raster images....
crawling-apply-a-brush-stroke-and-go-to-lunch SLOWWWWW.

I know it was a lack of space and/or virtual memory that
prevented a program from being able to print to file. There
was enough space for the file, but I don't think the print monitor
(or whatever) had the space/memory to finish the job. When I
made enough space on my system partition I was able to output
low-res for distiller finally, but still can't output high-res (this
was a large graphics file).
Working with virtual memory on doesn't seem to help, and
sometimes seems to hurt. I allocated more memory to Photoshop
and Illustrator to help speed them up, but this only served to
reduce my scratch disk space and I still got "not enough memory"
errors.

I have a G4 Yikes, 350 MHz, 832MB ram, w/10GB Quantum
hard drive. I am WAY over partitioned (5).

First, should I replace the original or add a second hard drive?
My concern is the age of the original (1999), plus the heat of 2
internal drives. Of course, to replace it I will first have to be
able to copy everything, either to the new hard drive, or an
external. For some reason this is a frightening prospect for me.
I have an irrational fear of losing everything in transit.

My thoughts are to reconfigure with my system software and
fonts on the one main internal hard drive/partition. I want a lot
of stretching room for the system software. (Not sure if I'll be
getting OS 10, but definitely need OS 9. Not all my current apps
will work with 10.) Does OS 9 handle virtual memory on it's
own or do you still have to allocate memory to apps? Then I need
a drive/partition for my apps, and 40GB-60GB minimum
hard drive/partition for scratch disk space. My Firewire interface
is unused, so  Firewire external seems the way to go. Can it also
be used for scratch disk space when needed?
Then I was thinking an external for my actual files and for backup.
With OS 9 I can get a CD burner and actually run a backup app as
well:)

Does this sound like the optimum way to reconfigure for a graphics
computer? Really stupid questions: external drives aren't handled
as if  you were on a server, correct? Are they bootable if used
for backing up OS system?

And my budget is nil, so I have to make good decisions and go a
step at a time. I'm thinking start with the internal drive, yes?
Or, if I can use and external for scratch disk space then it would
provide both that and backup? I just don't know anymore:(
I'm told that buffer is important, so I'm leaning toward 8mb
buffer but not sure if it will mean that much for my particular
system. The internals I'm looking at are:
80GB Hitachi/IBM DeskStar 7K250 ATA/6 7200RPM 8.5ms 2MB Buffer. 1yr Hitachi
Warranty + 2 additional years OWC Warranty.
120GB Hitachi/IBM DeskStar 180GXP ATA/6 7200RPM 8.5ms 8MB Buffer. 3yr
Hitachi Warranty. (IBM07N9549) (for the 8MB buffer)
80GB Western Digital Caviar 7200rpm 8.9ms 8MB 'JUMBO' Cache UltraDMA 100.
3yr Western Digital Warranty. (WDGWD800JB)
120GB Western Digital Caviar 'Special Edition' 8MB Cache 7200rpm 8.9ms
UltraDMA 100. 3yr Western Digital Warranty. (WDGWD1200JBSE)

For externals I'm looking at:
120GB Mercury Elite Pro 7200RPM FireWire 800+USB 2.0/1.1 Oxford922 Storage
Solution with *Jumbo 8MB Data Buffer*. FW400, FW800, & USB Cables; Dantz
Retrospect Express and Intech Speed Tools Included. 2yr Warranty.
(OWCME8FW7120GBJ)
120GB OWC Mercury Elite 7200RPM Combo FireWire Oxford 911 + USB 2.0/1.1
Solution. **Jumbo 8MB Cache Version** FireWire Cable, USB Cable, Dantz
Retrospect Express & Intech SpeedTools included! 2yr Warranty.
(OWCME2FW7120GBJ)
80GB OWC Neptune 7200RPM FireWire Solution w/2MB Buffer. Includes FireWire
Cable, Intech SpeedTools utility, & Dantz Retrospect Express. New with 1yr
Warranty. (OWCNPFW7080GB)
200GB OWC Neptune 7200RPM FireWire Solution w/Large *8MB Buffer*. Includes
FireWire Cable, Intech SpeedTools utility, & Dantz Retrospect Express. New
with 1yr Warranty. (OWCNPFW7200GB)
I will keep the following from a differnet post in mind as well:
> But there's a gotcha here.  FireWire drives are usually IDE drives
> attached to an IDE-FireWire bridge board.  That bridge board must
> support LBA-48 mode in order to support drives larger than 128G.

I may have to start with the smallest and cheapest alternative to cure
my ills. Which way should I go for a temporary solution?... replacement,
addition or external? If keeping the original it has to be reformatted
without these darn partitions.

Please help me straighten out my brain on this. I've been in panic
mode since I lost a major opportunity through not being able to meet a
deadline and not being able to even save files. I bit off more that my
present system could chew and I've paid dearly for it.

Thanks,
inez

comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Wow, long post!

I have a suggestion for you. Why 5 partitions on a 10 gig drive? The problem
with that is you have only 2GB of room for your virtual memory to add more
RAM, and then on top of that you are asking that same 2GB to be your scratch
disk for Photoshop. No wonder there's a strain on your computer!

The best thing is to create more space on your hard drive. Archive to cds,
they are about $.25 each if you buy them bulk. Just get good ones.

The next step up would be to repartition your hard drive (but you have to
back up all your files first, because they will be wiped and lost forever
after this process is complete) into two drives of 5GB each or just leave it
at one 10GB drive for ease of use and more Virtual Memory and Scratch Disk
space.

The more expensive option, but the best of both worlds is to get a 120GB
External Fire wire Hard Drive and back up your files there as well as using
it for your scratch disk. That frees up your system resources and space and
also doesn't add any "heat" to the inside of  your computer. However, if you
just installed another hard drive in your current computer, and there's
room, then it was meant to be there and probably won't overheat your
computer.

In short, the less you can store on your "system" hard drive the better your
computer's performance will be. And you won't have to use virtual memory at
all, which is MUCH slower than actual RAM, and you have quite a bit of RAM
at 856.

Kind Regards,
Nathaniel
--
flikWORLD Design
reply to: nat at flikworld(dot)com

in article BC04CBF9.EBE6%inezhsmithspammenot@earthlink.net, iehsmith at
inezhsmithspammenot@earthlink.net wrote on 12/16/03 12:50 PM:

> [...]
> with 1yr Warranty. (OWCNPFW7200GB)
> I will keep the following from a differnet post in mind as well:
>> But there's a gotcha here.  FireWire drives are usually IDE drives
>> attached to an IDE-FireWire bridge board.  That bridge board must
>> support LBA-48 mode in order to support drives larger than 128G.
>
> I may have to start with the smallest and cheapest alternative to cure
> my ills. Which way should I go for a temporary solution?... replacement,
> addition or external? If keeping the original it has to be reformatted
> without these darn partitions.
>
> Please help me straighten out my brain on this. I've been in panic
> mode since I lost a major opportunity through not being able to meet a
> deadline and not being able to even save files. I bit off more that my
> present system could chew and I've paid dearly for it.

0
nat84 (78)
12/17/2003 6:50:12 PM
> From: Nathaniel Flick <nat@flikworld.com>
> Wow, long post!
>
> I have a suggestion for you. Why 5 partitions on a 10 gig drive? The problem
> with that is you have only 2GB of room for your virtual memory to add more
> RAM, and then on top of that you are asking that same 2GB to be your scratch
> disk for Photoshop. No wonder there's a strain on your computer!
This I realize. Back in 12/1999 it didn't seem like a bad idea at the time:)
Of course, two weeks after I got the G4 the discontinued the Yikes. I am
forever out of sync.

> The best thing is to create more space on your hard drive. Archive to cds,
> they are about $.25 each if you buy them bulk. Just get good ones.
If I had a CD burner that would be a great idea to start with. And since
I'm still running OS8.6 the CD bruning software has passed me buy, so
I want to de-partition my original HD and upgrade ot OS 9.1 at the same
time. Also, in consideration of another post:
>>snip<<
>> While a separate partition on the application drive is good - it means
>> that the data space will not be cluttered with other, immovable files
>> that will force large working files to be fragmented - it really should
>> be on a separate drive. If you work with large PS files, throw a 40-60GB
>> drive into your system, format it and keep it empty, and point PS to it
>> as the primary scratch drive.
>>snip<<
I would like to dedicate a hard drive specifically as a scratch disk instead
of just a partition.

> The next step up would be to repartition your hard drive (but you have to
> back up all your files first, because they will be wiped and lost forever
> after this process is complete) into two drives of 5GB each or just leave it
> at one 10GB drive for ease of use and more Virtual Memory and Scratch Disk
> space.
I'm hoping I can copy everything over to my added hard drive, remove all
partitions for the original, the move everything back as folders. Reformat
the new drive and leave it empty as a scratch disk.
I REALLY don't want to have to reinstall all my programs, extensions,
plugins, etc. all over again.

> The more expensive option, but the best of both worlds is to get a 120GB
> External Fire wire Hard Drive and back up your files there as well as using
> it for your scratch disk. That frees up your system resources and space and
> also doesn't add any "heat" to the inside of  your computer. However, if you
> just installed another hard drive in your current computer, and there's
> room, then it was meant to be there and probably won't overheat your
> computer.
After I get the added internal drive, then I do wan to add an external
firewire for my files and backup. Then I can just keep my system software,
fonts and apps on the original 10GB drive and leave it alone. I am glad that
everyone seems to feel that adding a hard drive isn't going to really cause
a heat issue.

> In short, the less you can store on your "system" hard drive the better your
> computer's performance will be. And you won't have to use virtual memory at
> all, which is MUCH slower than actual RAM, and you have quite a bit of RAM
> at 856.
832mb, and I will be removing a 64mb and replacing it with a 256mb to
max out at 1GB ram.

Then I have to decide between A SmartDrive and external CD burner for
a real backup and more permanent storage. Guess that may be a choice
between speed and versatility, I don't know.
My mouse is going to go any day now to so I'm looking for an optical,
and my drawing slate has never worked with this G4 so I need to
repalce that, then there's just that little thing of upgrading all my
apps and moving inot OS 10;\ Somebody shoot me!

Thanks Nathaniel,
inez

No problem, inez.

As for a new mouse, I just got a Logitech with two mouse buttons and a
scroll wheel for $19.99 and it works great! It even has software for OS 9
and X when you upgrade to either one. You can still use it, minus the button
functionality with apple's standard "mouse" extension.

Kind Regards,
Nathaniel
--

in article BC06227B.EDC4%inezhsmithspammenot@earthlink.net, iehsmith at
inezhsmithspammenot@earthlink.net wrote on 12/17/03 1:11 PM:

> [...]
> a heat issue.
>
>> In short, the less you can store on your "system" hard drive the better your
>> computer's performance will be. And you won't have to use virtual memory at
>> all, which is MUCH slower than actual RAM, and you have quite a bit of RAM
>> at 856.
> 832mb, and I will be removing a 64mb and replacing it with a 256mb to
> max out at 1GB ram.
>
> Then I have to decide between A SmartDrive and external CD burner for
> a real backup and more permanent storage. Guess that may be a choice
> between speed and versatility, I don't know.
> My mouse is going to go any day now to so I'm looking for an optical,
> and my drawing slate has never worked with this G4 so I need to
> repalce that, then there's just that little thing of upgrading all my
> apps and moving inot OS 10;\ Somebody shoot me!

0
nat84 (78)
12/21/2003 10:28:12 AM
> From: Nathaniel Flick <nat@flikworld.com>

> No problem, inez.
>
> As for a new mouse, I just got a Logitech with two mouse buttons and a
> scroll wheel for $19.99 and it works great! It even has software for OS 9
> and X when you upgrade to either one. You can still use it, minus the button
> functionality with apple's standard "mouse" extension.
>

> Kind Regards,
> Nathaniel

I've been shopping around and I'm considering a Logitech. I think I'd
like scrolling, but working in a house with 7 cats I'm constantly
getting fur out of things, so any exposed moving parts can be a
problem. That's one reason I have to get an optical mouse, aside
from resolution. For that reason I'm taking a very close look at the
Kensington StudioMouse. It has software versions that will cover
from my OS 8.6 to 10. I'm checking though reviews right now in
fact. I figure If I don't like the scroller sensor I just don't have
to use it. But I can't for the life of me find the resolution for it.
I know it's probably good, but there are some opticals out there
that are still at 400dpi.
Anyone has experience with the StudioMouse? Anyone have
recommendations/reviews?

Thanks,
inez

PS_ the StudioMouse is kinda pricey but seems to have gone done
to $40:(

Cross-graphics on the Mac
What are people using these days for graphic conversion (i.e., take an arbitrary .gif, .jpg, .png, etc. image file and convert it to a Commodore format)? I'm looking for a Mac-friendly one; the one I wrote for OS 9 doesn't seem to like Tiger and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. -- Cameron Kaiser * ckaiser@floodgap.com * posting with a Commodore 128 personal page: http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/ ** Computer Workshops: games, productivity software and more for C64/128! ** ** http://www.armory.com/%7Espect...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Mac to mac

To Mac or not to Mac?

When is a Mac not a Mac?

[9fans] native graphics drawterm on Mac OS X

Help! iSync mac to mac

Windows advocates: All posts should be cross-posted to all Mac groups.
Starting tomorrow every post should be cross posted to every Mac group. We must stop this spreading virus of mactardation. In article <GomdnZL-AsapxFnanZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@comcast.com>, "MuahMan" <muahman@cumcast.net> wrote: > Starting tomorrow every post should be cross posted to every Mac group. We > must stop this spreading virus of mactardation. T-Bone's crystal ball says: The only retards are the Windoze "advocates." MuahMan wrote: > Starting tomorrow every post should be cross posted to every Mac group. > We must stop this spreading v...

SYS Mac Applications
Hi, For articles visit: http://www.telepk.com/articles/ For Beauty and Health Tips: http://www.telepk.com/beauty_and_health/ For Home Decoration: http://www.telepk.com/homedecoration/ For Technology News: http:/www.telepk.com/technews/ For Cricket News: http://www.telepk.com/sports/cricket/ For Online Flash Games: http://www.telepk.com/games/ For Software Downloads: http://www.telepk.com/downloads/ Thanks! ...

Vector graphic for Mac
What is the best free software to create vector graphics (SVG or eps) for Macintosh? In article <ekoua6$uoh$1@nnrp-beta.newsland.it>, "LordBeotian" <pokipsy76@ANTISPAMyahoo.it> wrote: > What is the best free software to create vector graphics (SVG or eps) for > Macintosh? LB- I don't know of anything free, but some Macs came with AppleWorks. It has a limited vector graphics capability in its "draw" mode. If you happen to have Microsoft Powerpoint, I understand it has some vector graphics capability, but is a pain to use. There is a commercial product that may be of use to you, called EazyDraw (http://www.eazydraw.com). You can download it for a trial run in demo mode, to see how it works. The latest version is Universal Binary, in case you have an Intel Mac. If there are any free ones out there, I would be interested too! Fred In article <fmmck-4229B3.20112401122006@nntp.aioe.org>, Fred McKenzie <fmmck@aol.com> wrote: > In article <ekoua6$uoh$1@nnrp-beta.newsland.it>, > "LordBeotian" <pokipsy76@ANTISPAMyahoo.it> wrote: > > > What is the best free software to create vector graphics (SVG or eps) for > > Macintosh? > > LB- > > I don't know of anything free, but some Macs came with AppleWorks. It > has a limited vector graphics capability in its "draw" mode. > > If you happen t...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

bmp-mac, mac and xmms-mac ports
Hello, I can't find these in the ports collections, so i've downloaded and compiled mac and xmms-mac successfully and have confirmed that they work on FreeBSD. I was looking for an APE (Monkey Audio) plug-in for XMMS in the ports collection but wasn't able to find one. I had a bit of trouble with compiling xmms-mac to start off with. The compilation would fail with the following: g++ -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/xmms -I/usr/local/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -s -O3 -Wall -pedantic -DBUILD_CROSS_PLATFORM -g -O2 -o fileinfo fileinfo.o -Wl,-E -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lgtk-12 -lgdk-12 -lgmodule-12 -lglib-12 /usr/local/lib/libintl.so /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lxmms /usr/lib/libmac.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libgthread-12.so.3: undefined reference to `pthread_cond_timedwait' *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1/src. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1. However i've managed to fix this by deleting the extracts files, re-extracting the files again, adding -lpthread to the configure.in file and then running autoconf to regenerate the configure script before compiling. # diff starts here --- configure.in.old Sun Dec 10 14:24:01 2006 +++ configure.in Sun Dec 10 14:24:...

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Jus...

networking mac to mac???
Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 361993718603049801070734...

MAC FM 6
Hello, I created a FM 6.4 file on my PC with two global container fields with ..gif graphics. They work perfectly but won't insert when I load the file on my client's MAC OS10. The graphics are grayed out. I can insert the FM logo, which is a .gif and can open them by clicking on them in the folder. I selected and then deselected the "store compatible graphics" preference. Nothing. Can anyone shed some light on why these .gifs are not working. I can always save them in a native MAC format but would prefer .gif Thanks Kathy McClure In article <chcipk02sf5@enews4...

Displaying MAC graphics in IE6
I have some pix that were taken on a SONY digital camera and transferred to a cd on a MAC. I don't know what, if any, conversion was done but the CD was then sent to me. I am able to view the pix locally in IE6. If I upload them to a website and provide a link to each pix, they will display BUT if I embed them in the web page, I get the red x and they do not display. After a bit of checking, it seems that they are NOT recognized as JPG files by XP/IE6. Remember, that they ARE recognized if I view them locally. I've tried all sorts of registry hacks, conversions, etc - no joy. I notice one thing tho - looking at other jpg files with a hex editor - I see a header that shows "JFIF"{ followed by a bunch of numbers - these are usually similar in all the "other" jpg's. In the jpg's from the MAC show "Exif" "II". Could this be an issue? There are no firewalls, ad blockers or other security settings that would cause this, to my knowledge. If I mix images from other sources, they display fine but the MAC images do not - BUT only when viewing from a web page online. Anybody have any ideas what is happening? Thanx, Vic Baron PS - Purchasing a MAC is not an option <G>. -- There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't Are they named with the .jpg extension when uploaded? On 1/24/06 11:54 AM, Vic Baron commented: > I h...

transfer graphics Windows to MAC
I am trying to transfer a graphics file (.fig) created in a Window system to a MACOSX10.4. On the MACOS system the graphics comes up with a grey background which does dot appear on the PC. Is there as solution ? ...

Graphics--combining graphics
I am trying to create an animation of a piecewise function. I have a graph of a ball rolling and I would like to combine an animation for one equation of motion for the first part with another equation for the second part of the motion. It is easy enough to create the two animations individually, however I am stumped on how to combine them into one continuous animation. Link to the forum page for this post: http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=10007#p10007 Posted through http://www.mathematica-users.org [[postId=10007]] ...

paintComponent(Graphics graphics)
Hi=20 I hope I can explain this clearly without getting into too much detail as t= he code in question is a couple of thousand of lines. So to begin, I have = a JPanel to which I add JLabels and JComponents using JPanel's add() method= .. It works fine, but now I would like to print an image ON TOP of the adde= d JLabels and JComponents. For this I manipulate my JPanel's paintComponen= t(Graphics graphics) method. In it I have something of the following sort: paintComponent(Graphics graphics){ Graphics2D g =3D (Graphics2D)graphics.create(); g.drawImage(image, 200, ...

graphic inside a graphic
Hi everyone Does anybody know how to insert a graphic inside a graphic?? I mean, to add a small graphic (as a zoom for example) inside a plot. Thanks augusto try axes try axes check out the tool 'imshow()', then try to bring the figure in shape get(gca) and superimpose your graph - 'hold on', 'plot()', 'hold off' (Haven't tried it my self so far) Thorben The example below shows you how to insert a graphic (e.g. photo) into another MATLAB figure. I = imread('peppers.png'); theta = linspace(-pi,pi,200); figure; plot(theta,cos(theta)); gr...

Vector graphics in Mac OS
Dear all: I wish to transfer the contents of a Matlab (version 7) figure into a presentation program (such as Microsoft PowerPoint). I am using the Mac OS operating system. I know how to transfer a bit-mapped image. But on Mac OS I have found no way to transfer a vector-graphics image. Any ideas? Alan Freeman. P.S. If you wish to use my address, remove the digits and .safe. ...

the graphics and the concept of the graphic
Hiya all. everybody should applicate this type of guidelines This movement builds a strong visual link between the head and shoulders. If you get the correct relationship between the eyes, nose and mouth, you will end up with a good likeness. Our Pencil Portrait lesson explains and illustrates the step by step drawing techniques involved in creating the portrait of a young girl. At this stage, the drawing is no more than a set of carefully measured features that establish the final proportions of the portrait. There are three basic stages in the creation of the image...

Web resources about - HDs for graphics - LONG cross post: mac.sys.hardware.storage - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Wikipedia:Graphic Lab/Photography workshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the requests page for the photography workshop. Anyone can make a request for a photograph to be improved for a Wikipedia article. The standard ...

Updated: Mentor Graphics Halted; Q4 Beats; Q1 Guidance Light, But Full-Year View Upbeat
Mentor Graphics ( MENT ) was halted just after the close Thursday before it reported better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings and mixed guidance. ...

A graphic depiction of the problem John Kasich has right now.
I'm watching the Sunday morning shows, and I thought John Kasich gave a great interview on "State of the Union with Jake Tapper." I jumped out ...

Read The Graphic Police Report From Montee Ball’s Arrest For Allegedly Beating His Girlfriend
Read The Graphic Police Report From Montee Ball’s Arrest For Allegedly Beating His Girlfriend

Chicago ABC Station Apologizes For Using McDonald's Restaurant Graphic In Story On Laquan McDonald
Chicago ABC station WLS issued an on-air apology last night after using a McDonald’s restaurant over-the-shoulder graphic to illustrate a story ...

'Far Cry Primal' Review Date Revealed Alongside PS4, Xbox One Graphics Comparison [WATCH]
"Far Cry Primal" reviews are coming, and we have the exact embargo date here. A new graphics comparison also shows how the game's visuals differ ...

Cheap smartphones will soon get much better graphics
The company that created the iPhone's graphics chip wants to bring its pixel-crunching expertise to dirt-cheap smartphones. Imagination Technologies ...

Graphic Designer Paula Scher Shows New Paintings at Bryce Wolkowitz and Reflects on Career in Design
Graphic designer Paula Scher's latest exhibition U.S.A. opened last night at Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery. It consists of cartographic paintings focusing ...

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTO: Mummified body of German adventurer found inside yacht
WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTO: Mummified body of German adventurer found inside yacht

Graphic Novel Captures What It's Like to Be Gay in Iran: Part 2
Rejection, loneliness and separation can make for a dangerous combination. In the second installment of the graphic novel "Yousef and Farhad" ...