Is it possible to convert text document into pict or bmp document ?

Hello All !!!

I have and old Performa Mac 520.  Pict document has been converted into text
document by error.  How to convert again in Pict or Bmp document ? Is it
possible? I just have a flopppy disk text document; original has been delete
by the ancient owner who give his old machine to me...

Regards, kat

0
Kathleen
9/8/2004 8:05:44 AM
comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 9/8/04 4:05 AM, Kathleen uttered:

> Hello All !!!
>
> I have and old Performa Mac 520.  Pict document has been converted into text
> document by error.  How to convert again in Pict or Bmp document ? Is it
> possible? I just have a flopppy disk text document; original has been delete
> by the ancient owner who give his old machine to me...
>
> Regards, kat

I think a lot depends on how it was saved as text. What graphics apps do you
have available? Sometimes if you simply put the .pct extension on it, and
instead of double clicking it, open it from a graphic app that reads PICT
files, it will be fine.

You might try it with GraphicConverter, but make a copy of the fie first.
You might want to ask if it will work and how-to in the GraphicConverter
yahoo group first: gcmac-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

You can get GC here: http://lemkesoft.de

inez

0
iehsmith

Fw: Is it possible to convert text document into pict or bmp docum
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathleen" <kfitzbach@sympatico.ca> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.graphics Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 4:05 AM Subject: Is it possible to convert text document into pict or bmp document ? > Hello All !!! > > I have and old Performa Mac 520. Pict document has been converted into text > document by error. How to convert again in Pict or Bmp document ? Is it > possible? I just have a flopppy disk text document; original has been delete > by the ancient owner who give his old machine to me... > > Regards, kat > ...

Fw: Is it possible to convert text document into pict or bmp docum
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathleen" <kfitzbach@sympatico.ca> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.graphics Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 4:05 AM Subject: Is it possible to convert text document into pict or bmp document ? > Hello All !!! > > I have and old Performa Mac 520. Pict document has been converted into text > document by error. How to convert again in Pict or Bmp document ? Is it > possible? I just have a flopppy disk text document; original has been delete > by the ancient owner who give his old machine to me... > > Rega...

Converting A FMP "Document" To A Text Document
Hello, I'm using Filemaker Pro 5 Mac OS System 9.2 My objective is to export BOTH the layout and the datafields of a form I created in Filemaker to a Word or text file. I am doing this because I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the Merge function in Word and I'm done spending time with it. (I will restrain myself from any further comment on Word 2001, other than to say that I'm stuck using it since my office does.) So please, can you tell me if there's a way to, after I've created a form in Filemaker and filled in the data, export the whole "docu...

converting XSD documentation to HTML documentation
Hi - I have a config file in XML, with an associated XSD schema. The elements are documented using the <annotation><documentation> tags. I would like to generate user documentation from this XSD file - are there any tools that extract the <documentation> tags and convert them into a more user friendly HTML format ? Thanks, Kevin. kev.su...@gmail.com wrote: > are > there any tools that extract the <documentation> tags and convert them > into a more user friendly HTML format ? Pretty easy in XSLT. You can probably download something already done. ...

I've just used the file command on four files of RDF-XML with the following output: augtfidf.rdf: XML document text kyoto.rdf: XML document text stuff.rdf: XML document text tfidf.rdf: XML document text What does it mean that one of them has an extra space between "XML" and "document"? -- The kid's a hot prospect. He's got a good head for merchandising, an agent who can take you downtown and one of the best urine samples I've seen in a long time. [Dead Kennedys t-shirt] On 16.10.2012 16:06, Adam Funk ...

A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document.
regards: A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document. one step is:'Un-minimize' minimized attributes What does the step mean in easy english?...@@. I mean what operations I should do on the attributes? Any suggestion is welcome. thank you May goodness be with you all s917124@mail.yzu.edu.tw (mike) wrote: >A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document. Correct. Though often it isn't worth it. >one step is:'Un-minimize' minimized attributes > >What does the step mean in easy english?...@@. >I mean what operati...

A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document.
regards: From http://webpageworkshop.co.uk/main/xhtml_converting A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document. By the following Steps: Step 1: Convert elements to lowercase Step 2: Replace the !DOCTYPE declaration Step 3: Change the <html> tag Step 4: Make sure all elements are closed Step 5: Ensure all attributes are quoted Step 6: 'Un-minimize' minimized attributes Step 7: Make sure that every image has an 'alt' attribute Step 8: Check for 'overlapping' elements Step 9: Check 'type' attributes for script and style elements Step 10...

convert text documents to XML
hello sir i am shaji from kerala india. i am a programmer. i hve one doubt i will explain below. we have to devolop a literatures database. i need to include varoius features like search by author,search title, search by publication year etc:- so what we noramlly doing is first store all the literature details to datbase(it includes foolwing information like author(Au),title(TI),abstract( Ab) ,published year etc-: in order to store the these information we need to create one literature entry form...and store the details via form... this method is possible... it is very tedoius since ...

Document-Document similarity
Hi! I need a java application which compares a text with another and gives me a result how similar these texts are. Does there any opensource solution exits, because I need the sourcecode as well. Thanks, Fabian Leitritz ...

$(document) and jQuery(document)
I had a widget, which broke after some other things were updated. It was saying: TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating '$('#id_conta cts_and_people-phonecontact-content_type-object_id-0-label').combo box()') Last night, I finally managed to fix it, after noticing that this script (which is injected into the HTML body as many times as required for each widget) began: $(document).ready(function(){ while others I had seen began: jQuery(document).ready(function($){ Changing it to the latter form made it work. Th...

document.all and document.getElementById
Hello, I've a problem : I want to check which element has been checked in a list of radiobuttons. ///////////////////////////////////// function numeroChk(liste) { var elem=document.all(liste) alert(elem.length) for(i=0;i<elem.length;i++) { if (elem[i].checked) { indice = elem[i].value; return indice; } } } This work fine in IE but not in Firefox The problem is that document.all is not recognized by Firefox, but when I try document.getElementById(liste), nothing works liste is a string. What must I do to translate this function properly ? Thanks for assistance Lu...

document or document.body
I've been attaching tables and other things directly to document. It seems to work. Should I be using document.body? What is/are the difference(s)? Martin Rinehart wrote: > I've been attaching tables and other things directly to document. "Attaching" -- how? > It seems to work. Testing things positive to "work" in a handful of newest UAs without understanding the mechanisms behind them is the first blunder. > Should I be using document.body Yes if you are talking about Element::appendChild() or Node::insertBefore() and objects representing elements th...

Document links being converted to text
Has anyone seen this before? I have 2 Domino servers. Both 6.5 If a doclink is simply copied and then pasted into an email and sent to the other server it gets converted to text. The same thing happens to a form if in the SendTo field include Doclink is used. then the users on the other server do not get a link. It just has text. No link. For example: Where the link should be, text is like this: (Document Link: My Form) Thanks for any help. Please post to this group as the email address is bogus. Mike ...

Is it possible to generate pdf document from multiple pdf documents in FOP
Hi all, I want to generate a single pdf document from multiple pdf documents using FOP. Is there any function or utility available in FOP, where I can send multiple pdf documents for generating the single document? i am using xml to get the pdf document using FOP.But i want to use the pdf douments in the document generation. please help me if somebody knows something related to this. thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions. renu ...

how to convert XML document to several XML documents in a new format
I'm migrating data into a content management system and in order to use the import tool provided I need to change the format of a large xml file and convert each entry to a seperate xml file. This is what I have now: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <dataroot xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata" generated="2005-04-18T12:05:51"> <Checklist> <ID>1</ID> <Category>stuff</Category> <Type>stuff</Type> <Item>stuff</Item> <Steps>stuff</Steps> &...

Converting a PDF document image to text
I prgramatically save a PDF document as text using automation. I then process the document in VB. However, my client now has one of his clients sending an image of a document in a PDF file. What is the best way to convert the PDF image file to text using VB? Thanks. Greg In article <jldi03dlmqcb5mr1fifrg5ok89mso45rok@4ax.com>, bookreader_1955 @yahoo.com says... > I prgramatically save a PDF document as text using automation. I then > process the document in VB. > > However, my client now has one of his clients sending an image of a > document in a PDF file. > &...

Any possible way to write a text document ?
I know that there is probably no way to do this but, I would really like to be able do this, so ...:) Aaron Aaron Gray said the following on 11/10/2005 4:16 PM: > I know that there is probably no way to do this but, To do what? > I would really like to be able do this, so ...:) That depends, directly, on what you would "really like to be able to do". -- Randy comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq & newsgroup weekly Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/ >> I know that there is probably no way to do this but, > > To do what? > >> I would really like to be able do this, so ...:) > > That depends, directly, on what you would "really like to be able to do". Sorry Randy, forgot to include question in message. Is there any possible way to write a text file from JavaScript to the local machine ? Aaron Aaron Gray said the following on 11/10/2005 4:56 PM: >>>I know that there is probably no way to do this but, >> >>To do what? >> >> >>>I would really like to be able do this, so ...:) >> >>That depends, directly, on what you would "really like to be able to do". > > > Sorry Randy, forgot to include question in message. > > Is there any possible way to write a text file from JavaScript to the local > machine ? Not in any kind of default security environment. IE has the ActiveX...

Looking for a tool to make plain text document out of a simple HTML document
Hi, Hopefully this is not too much offtopic. I'm working on a FAQ. I want to make two versions of it, plain text and HTML. I'm looking for a tool that will make a plain text doc out of the HTML doc. The HTML version doesn't have anything fancy, just internal links. So the tool must be able to delete internal links and anchors from the HTML version, but leave external links in simplified form. That is, the HTML version would say <a href="http://foo/bar.html">Bar</a> and the plain text version would just say http://foo/bar.html. The tool should also ...

how to convert XML document to several XML documents in a new format #2
I'm migrating data into a content management system and in order to use the import tool provided I need to change the format of a large xml file and convert each entry to a seperate xml file. This is what I have now: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <dataroot xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata" generated="2005-04-18T12:05:51"> <Checklist> <ID>1</ID> <Category>stuff</Category> <Type>stuff</Type> <Item>stuff</Item> <Steps>stuff</Steps> &...

Convert documents/spreadsheets/PDF/etc to text
I have a need to parse many, many files of various types into text. Word documents, spreadsheets, PDF files, html files, WordPerfect documents, and many other formats. I would love to leverage some existing code into what I need - does anyone know of any open source or free converter code to do this? I've already looked at OpenOffice. This will be a process that will be repeated often, so using any sort of interactive product (a manual process) is out of the question. I would even consider purchasing a product that does this. I remember Inso made some filters a while back, but I ...

converting xml forrest documents to simple text
Hi, I'm an apache forrest user. So i have written some documents using document-v12.dtd format. I have built a nice web site using forrest. Now i need to convert my xml documents in simple text format. So did anyone knows how to convert my document to text, is there an existing style sheet or any tool? Thanks. ...

How to convert MS Word document to text file?
Hi. I'm trying to write a Perl program that can given a Microsoft Word document file convert it into a text file, which can then be formatted into a HTML file. So in essence it's like extracting the information and repackaging them for the Web. I don't use the "Save As Web Page" command from Word directly as I've a whole bunch of Word documents to convert, doing one-by-one is slow and laborious. And the formatting does not match the Web template I've done. So I'm thinking of using Win32::OLE package to create a Microsoft Word Document OLE object and then calling its SaveAs method to export a MS Word document to a text file. However, to reduce the overhead of having to create a Microsoft Word Document OLE object and then calling its SaveAs method to export a MS Word document to a text file, I have been wondering if there is a Perl module somewhere that does this conversion directly w/o having to call up Microsoft Word and using OLE. Thanks. Regards, Goh, Yong-Kwang gohyongkwang@hotmail.com Singapore Goh, Yong Kwang wrote: > Hi. > > I'm trying to write a Perl program that can given a Microsoft Word > document file convert it into a text file, which can then be formatted > into a HTML file. So in essence it's like extracting the information > and repackaging them for the Web. > > I don't use the "Save As Web Page" command from Word directly as I've > a whole bunch of Word documents t...

Is it possible to append html text to current document?
document.write will flush current document content. I've found I can use DOM to append some element to the document, but I think append html text directly is better. Is it possible to append html text to current document? -- Koms Bomb *****Pardon my poor English***** --------------------- Don't worry,be happy. Thank you very much, it works. -- Koms Bomb *****Pardon my poor English***** --------------------- Don't worry,be happy. "Martin Honnen" <Martin.Honnen@t-online.de> wrote in message news:3EFFFE90.6040609@t-online.de... > IE4`, Opera 7: > ...

Convert PDF File to Word Document with a Mac
Greetings, What is the best conversion program to convert a PDF file to a Word Document for a Mac? It need not necessarily be a free program. I am just having time distinguishing between the available options. Regards, Alex ...

Web resources about - Is it possible to convert text document into pict or bmp document ? - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Could Donald Trump Deliver Congress to the Democrats?
A supporter holds a Trump sticker before attending a campaign rally, Saturday, March 5, 2016, in Orlando, Florida. W ith each preposterous new ...

Manning changed the way we play, and watch, football
To find the true measure of what Peyton Manning meant to football, don't bother poring over the highlights from his record 186 wins, or re-watching ...

First ever OS X ransomware encrypts your data and asks for money
Ransomware is a particularly nasty piece of malware: After your computer is infected, it encrypts your data and refuses to give you the key unless ...

At least 8 dead in Pakistan suicide attack
The Express Tribune At least 8 dead in Pakistan suicide attack CNN Peshawar, Pakistan (CNN) At least eight people, including two police officers ...

Email inventor Ray Tomlinson dies at 74
Ray Tomlinson, the US programmer credited with inventing email in the 1970s and choosing the "@" symbol for the messaging system, died at the ...

North Korea’s Threats Trigger Cautious Strongarm Diplomacy
With news about the frequent and the latest threat from North Korea, is the question of whether regional powers can do anything about it. In ...

Body found in elevator weeks after power cut
WDBJ7 Body found in elevator weeks after power cut WDBJ7 A 43-year-old woman was found dead in an elevator in China after possibly being trapped ...

EU leaders to press Turkey, back Greece at migrant summit
BRUSSELS (AP) — European Union leaders arrived in Brussels Monday to press Turkey to do more to stop migrants from entering Europe and to shore ...

Conor McGregor Hints At Another Nate Diaz Fight, Admits He Panicked
The Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz fight from UFC 196 is one that will go down in history. These two were both out for the win and Nate ended up ...

A battle has begun on 'The Walking Dead'
WARNING: This post contains spoilers from the latest episode of The Walking Dead . Count me among those who thought this week's episode of The ...