Mac Photoshop JPEGs to commercial print machines

Problem: how to produce JPEG files on CDs that commercial photo print machines
will recognize.

Configuration:  Mac OS 9.2.2, PhotoDeluxe (Adobe Printshop very lite) exported
to JPEG on desk top. Toast software to ISO 9660 burned CDs.

Question: How to get digital camera JPEGs into a format that the commercial
photo printers will accept. Toast burns PC disks, but Photoshop created JPEG
format not recognized by print machines.

Any help appreciated     John
0
jmskeptic (1)
8/18/2003 4:28:05 AM
comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 03.8.18 5:28 AM, JM skeptic wrote:

> Problem: how to produce JPEG files on CDs that commercial photo print machines
> will recognize.
>
> Configuration:  Mac OS 9.2.2, PhotoDeluxe (Adobe Printshop very lite) exported
> to JPEG on desk top. Toast software to ISO 9660 burned CDs.
>
> Question: How to get digital camera JPEGs into a format that the commercial
> photo printers will accept. Toast burns PC disks, but Photoshop created JPEG
> format not recognized by print machines.
>
> Any help appreciated     John

I don't have the latest version of Photoshop, but I have noticed that it
saves all kinds of unnecessary information inside JPEG files (often making
the files unreadable on some systems).

Check your JPEG export options, and make sure that the files are saved with
as few "extras" as possible. In particular, make sure that the files are
saved without resource forks. You should also use short filenames ending in
".JPG" to keep Windows happy.

IF all else fails, GraphicConverter does a great job of creating lean JPEG
files. It also has an option for saving files with JPEG 6.0 compression as
well as QuickTime JPEG compression. You may find that the former is more
widely supported.

Phil

--
Philip Ronan
phil.ronanzzz@virgin.net

When is a Mac not a Mac?

To Mac or not to Mac?

Mac to mac

Help! iSync mac to mac

Moving Mac Photoshop preferneces from machine to machine
Hi, Is it possible to copy preference files from one Mac to another, if so which files do I copy & from where. A cursory investigation didnt't indicate anything obvious. Thanks, Jason Jason Snape <spamspamspam@spanishinquisition.co.uk> wrote: > Is it possible to copy preference files from one Mac to another, if so > which files do I copy & from where. A cursory investigation didnt't > indicate anything obvious. Preference files are in ~/Library/Preferences. Look for the files and folders with 'Adobe' and/or 'Photoshop' in their name, such ...

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Jus...

bmp-mac, mac and xmms-mac ports
Hello, I can't find these in the ports collections, so i've downloaded and compiled mac and xmms-mac successfully and have confirmed that they work on FreeBSD. I was looking for an APE (Monkey Audio) plug-in for XMMS in the ports collection but wasn't able to find one. I had a bit of trouble with compiling xmms-mac to start off with. The compilation would fail with the following: g++ -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/xmms -I/usr/local/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -s -O3 -Wall -pedantic -DBUILD_CROSS_PLATFORM -g -O2 -o fileinfo fileinfo.o -Wl,-E -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lgtk-12 -lgdk-12 -lgmodule-12 -lglib-12 /usr/local/lib/libintl.so /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lxmms /usr/lib/libmac.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libgthread-12.so.3: undefined reference to `pthread_cond_timedwait' *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1/src. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1. However i've managed to fix this by deleting the extracts files, re-extracting the files again, adding -lpthread to the configure.in file and then running autoconf to regenerate the configure script before compiling. # diff starts here --- configure.in.old Sun Dec 10 14:24:01 2006 +++ configure.in Sun Dec 10 14:24:...

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "I have to sit up with a sick ant." --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) ...

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "In a battle between elephants, the ants get squashed." --Thailand /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/lin...

MAC to MAC over Internet
Hi All, First I will tell you that I am not a MAC user or owner so please be patient :) I have a friend who runs a small business and they have two MAC computers in the office that are networked together and share files. The main MAC has approx 20,000 files that they share and update. One of the people will be moving away and they want to be able to connect over the Internet to the main MAC and share the files just like they do in the office today. They need to be able to have the master files on the main MAC in the office and allow the other person to easily access and update the master ...

MAC to MAC connectivity
Hi, As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting a number of FPGA based MACs to a dedicated broadcom switch chip. The difficulty with this is that to interface both chips, I need to have two closely coupled and redundant PHY . Is it possible to connect two MAC (SGMII) directly point-to-point, bypassing the PHY completely? Or is it necessary to have at least some PHY functionality, even if it is a point to point link? Kind regards, Stephen Steve wrote: > Hi, > > As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting > a number...

When is a Mac no longer a Mac?
OK, so Apple's going to go to Intel CPUs. Now Macs are no longer differentiated by a slow clock and superior instruction set--we've got the same hackjob clusterfuck on speed PCs have been using for decades now. And over the last few years Apple's gone away from SCSI, NuBus, ADB, Localtalk, etc. And PCs have picked up USB, dropped floppies, and colored their cases. The hardware's basically merging between the two platforms. On the software side, the classic MacOS is gone, replaced by Unixy stuff. And like it or not, higher up on the UI level lots of Windows-li...

Mac Miail on .mac
I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address but I could well be missing something. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this > as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address > but I could well be missing something. > > Thanks > Colin Open a new Mail message - press Command-Alt-R to display the Reply-To field. Chu -- chuenginsberg at mac dot com On Sun, 21 Jan 2...

Mac to MAc Firewire
Hey all Looking for some help. I am trying to use a 6-6pin 1394 cable to connect two iBooks together and transfer some large files. iBook 1 dual USB 'white' iBook OS 9.2 iBook 2 G4 OSx 10.2 I boot iBook 1 into 'target drive' mode and get the firewire icon dancing about the screen then connect it to iBook 2 but the drive does not appear on the desktop. I have tried all combinations of rebooting/ connecting before and after rebooting but nothing seams to work. When the firewire is plugged in the target disk makes a short noise then nothing the host does not appear to react at ...

networking mac to mac???
Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 361993718603049801070734...

Mac-to-Mac VPN?
Years ago, I set up a Mac network (under OS9) with a VPN router and some software on a remote PowerBook that allowed VPN access. I'm not terribly familiar with OSX yet, but I understand that much of this functionality is now built in. Can anybody steer me in the right direction as far as hardware, software and configuration? Here's the setup I envision: - Small LAN running two Macs and a printer with a DSL connection through a router. - Remote PowerBook connected to the net varyingly with dial-up, DSL (wired), and AirPort. - Use the PowerBook to securely connect to at l...

mac to mac connection
Hi, PBG3 400 OS 10.3 I connect a crossover cable between my PB, and other macs running OS9, and can not mount see the other mac on my PB. Have followed the Help, but must be doing something wrong somewhere. I can however see/connect to my PB from the peripheral mac via the Chooser. I have not been able to connect to windoze machines either, but maybe that will rsolve if I can get mac to mac sharing happening. Can someone suggest what I may be overlooking or a relevant site... ? thanks indeed Chris Brown Neurosurgery University of Adelaide In article <400da705$1@yorrell.saard.net>, Chris Brown <cbrown@medicine.adelaide.edu.au> wrote: > Hi, > > > PBG3 400 OS 10.3 > > I connect a crossover cable between my PB, and other macs running OS9, > and can not mount see the other mac on my PB. Have followed the Help, > but must be doing something wrong somewhere. I can however see/connect > to my PB from the peripheral mac via the Chooser. > > I have not been able to connect to windoze machines either, but maybe > that will rsolve if I can get mac to mac sharing happening. > > Can someone suggest what I may be overlooking or a relevant site... ? > > > thanks indeed > > Chris Brown > Neurosurgery > University of Adelaide > Chris, things won't necessarily connect automagically. First, you have to turn on "File Sharing" on both machines. If you have an OS 9 box, when y...

change mac address get mac address spoofing mac address find computer by mac address
Mac Address Spoofing Report Victor J. Canny D. Abstract: Mac address can uniquely identifies each node of a network, ISPs and network administrators use mac address to manage their pc users. PC users may want to spoof mac address so that he need not to contact with ISP for a new network interface card (NIC); PC users may want to hide his mac address so that totally hide his information on the internet. Introduction Mac address, short for Media Access Control address, is a hardware address that uniquely identifies each node of a network. It means, in a local area network (LAN) or oth...

How to set up printing to a mac that has a usb printer shared from another mac
I have 2 macs running os X. One of the MACs has a USB Printer (lexmark c500) connected and configured. I can print using the computer that it is connected to it. I have set up the printer as a shared printer and enabled print sharing in the firewall section. I want to set up the other mac to print to the printer connected to the other mac. I go into the system preferences under print & fax and set up a printer. I can't see the printer connected to the other computer. I selected Rondevous, USB and IP printing and all search but do not find the printer. I am new to macs so ple...

Graphic in header prints lighter on Mac than on PC
I have a graphic in the header of a document. It prints fine from a PC but when my client prints it from their mac, it prints the graphic very light - as it appears in the document view (header/footer display at 50% or so when viewing document on screen). I'm not sure what to do to get the image to print at "full strength" on the mac. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ryan ...

Graphic in header prints lighter on Mac than on PC
I have a graphic in the header of a document. It prints fine from a PC but when my client prints it from their mac, it prints the graphic very light - as it appears in the document view (header/footer display at 50% or so when viewing document on screen). I'm not sure what to do to get the image to print at "full strength" on the mac. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ryan ...

PC versus Mac graphic print quality
I hope this is in the right topic. I have a graphic in a layout that doesn't print the same from PC's as it does from Mac's. The Mac printout is much smoother than the PC one, as if it's changed the resolution. However botht he Mac and PC use the same layout in the same database (in FileMaker Pro 7) and the printer dot pitch is the same as far as i can tell. The PC is using an HP LaserJet 4M Plus printer and I tried installing a PostScript driver for it but it didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. There also seems to be an issue with a PC viewing graphics...

Frustrated trying to print from my winblows machine to my mac.
I have a printer that is connected to my mac 10.4 downstairs (USB direct connect) I can print to it from my macbook upstairs.. however I can't print to it from my windows laptop upstairs (vista) The vista machine keeps asking for user name and password. I put in the password for a user on the downstairs mac but its rejected... anybody else been there done that and got the tee-shirt? On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:06:34 -0500, SpreadTooThin wrote (in article <57175c80-cc29-4e63-81f9-979efd525f83@v15g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>): > I have a printer that is connected to my mac 10.4 downst...

REQ: ADOBE CS 2 NL MAC or PHOTOSHOP 9.0 NL MAC
With many thanks in advance. On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:28:52 -0400, Fred wrote: > With many thanks in advance. > With many your welcomes after the fact. -- Joey DoWop Dee Remember: It is To Laugh In article <46214841$0$31557$e4fe514c@dreader24.news.xs4all.nl>, Fred <papaver81@hotmail.com> wrote: > With many thanks in advance. You're welcome. Here it is: <http://www.adobe.com> ...

Web resources about - Mac Photoshop JPEGs to commercial print machines - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Commercial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Commercial Observer
Commercial Observer, New York's authority on commercial real estate leasing, deals and culture.

Last Night's Ads: M&M's Celebrates 75 Years of Commercials
Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots, new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv, a company that catalogs, tags and ...

Big banks test blockchain to trade commercial paper
CBA, Macquarie, NAB and Westpac have joined 40 global banks to create five blockchains to test technology for trading a fixed-income product. ...

US bans vaping on commercial airline flights
(credit: Mike Mozart ) US transportation officials announced Wednesday that vaping on commercial flights is officially banned, just as is smoking ...

The latest Android commercial takes a big shot at Apple
On Sunday night, capitalizing on the huge audience that tuned in for the 88th Academy Awards , Google debuted a new Android commercial that has ...

In case there was any doubt – vaping is not allowed on commercial flights
The Federal Department of Transportation announced a ban of use of e-cigarettes on commercial flights on Monday, citing possible fire hazards. ...

Kris Bryant on deal with Express, upcoming 'Bryzzo' commercials
Cubs' Kris Bryant on being a brand ambassador for EXPRESS and his upcoming &quot;Bryzzo&quot; commercials with Anthony Rizzo.

Industrial & Commercial Bank Of China To Launch Green Bonds Soon
... growing markets for rating funds to finance low-carbon and renewable energy projects. According to media reports, the Industrial & Commercial ...

FX Airing American Crime Story Commercial-Free Saturday - Collider
FX is marathoning the first five episodes of its series The People vs O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story commercial-free on Saturday, March 5th. ...