Mail.app Cloud Oddity

I Have my email in the cloud, manageable from my iMac, iPad, and
iPhone. What I find odd is that when I send email from Mail.app the
receiver sometimes receives the email not froom taliesinsoft@me.com or
taliesinsoft@mac.com (thank you Apple for changing mac.com to me.com
which still causes confusion) but from taliesinsoft@icloud. When this
happens the recipient cannot respond without changing the address back
to such as taliesinsoft@me.com. This seems like an odditiy which can be
avoided, but I have no idea how that can be done. Suggestions and/or
solutions will be most appreciated.
--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas

0
TaliesinSoft
1/9/2014 5:05:34 AM
comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <bj6p0uFko87U1@mid.individual.net>,
 TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote:

> I Have my email in the cloud, manageable from my iMac, iPad, and
> iPhone. What I find odd is that when I send email from Mail.app the
> receiver sometimes receives the email not froom taliesinsoft@me.com or
> taliesinsoft@mac.com (thank you Apple for changing mac.com to me.com
> which still causes confusion) but from taliesinsoft@icloud. When this
> happens the recipient cannot respond without changing the address back
> to such as taliesinsoft@me.com. This seems like an odditiy which can be
> avoided, but I have no idea how that can be done. Suggestions and/or
> solutions will be most appreciated.

Have you tracked what device is doing this?

iMac, iPad, or iPhone.

MacOS' Mail.app allows you to specify your email sender and ISP.  I
never tried iOS' Mail and I don't have an iPad.

You might want to switch to another mail client.

--
DeeDee, don't press that button!  DeeDee!  NO!  Dee...

Michael
1/9/2014 6:38:56 AM
On 2014-01-09 05:05:34 +0000, TaliesinSoft said:

> I Have my email in the cloud, manageable from my iMac, iPad, and
> iPhone. What I find odd is that when I send email from Mail.app the
> receiver sometimes receives the email not froom taliesinsoft@me.com or
> taliesinsoft@mac.com (thank you Apple for changing mac.com to me.com
> which still causes confusion) but from taliesinsoft@icloud. When this
> happens the recipient cannot respond without changing the address back
> to such as taliesinsoft@me.com. This seems like an odditiy which can be
> avoided, but I have no idea how that can be done. Suggestions and/or
> solutions will be most appreciated.

My account gets switched sometimes to using Apple's preferred (du jour)
domain. I'm not sure what causes it, but you can fix it back using
individual apps.

Go into your Mail.app Preferences > Accounts (*not* Mail.app Accounts)
and make sure your alias list only has your preferred domain in it. Do
the same thing on the iCloud.com website.

Similarly check your Messages and FaceTime apps to make sure they're
using your expected domain.

--
Chris

0
Chris
1/9/2014 6:38:59 AM
In message <bj6p0uFko87U1@mid.individual.net>
  TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote:
> I Have my email in the cloud, manageable from my iMac, iPad, and
> iPhone. What I find odd is that when I send email from Mail.app the
> receiver sometimes receives the email not froom taliesinsoft@me.com or
> taliesinsoft@mac.com (thank you Apple for changing mac.com to me.com
> which still causes confusion) but from taliesinsoft@icloud. When this
> happens the recipient cannot respond without changing the address back
> to such as taliesinsoft@me.com. This seems like an odditiy which can be
> avoided, but I have no idea how that can be done. Suggestions and/or
> solutions will be most appreciated.

Why can't they reply?

place.

--
And the three men I admire most, the father son and the holly ghost they
caught the last train for the coast...
On 1/10/14, 4:24 AM, Lewis wrote:
> And the three men I admire most, the father son and the holly ghost they
> caught the last train for the coast...
Does that mean the ghost is decking the father son?
On 2014-01-10 09:24:21 +0000, Lewis said:

> In message <bj6p0uFko87U1@mid.individual.net>
>   TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote:
>> I Have my email in the cloud, manageable from my iMac, iPad, and
>> iPhone. What I find odd is that when I send email from Mail.app the
>> receiver sometimes receives the email not froom taliesinsoft@me.com or
>> taliesinsoft@mac.com (thank you Apple for changing mac.com to me.com
>> which still causes confusion) but from taliesinsoft@icloud. When this
>> happens the recipient cannot respond without changing the address back
>> to such as taliesinsoft@me.com. This seems like an odditiy which can be
>> avoided, but I have no idea how that can be done. Suggestions and/or
>> solutions will be most appreciated.
>
> Why can't they reply?

> place.

They get a message to the effect that taliesinsoft@icloud is not a
valid email address.

--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas

0
TaliesinSoft
1/10/2014 7:03:51 PM
On 2014-01-10 19:03:51 +0000, TaliesinSoft said:

> On 2014-01-10 09:24:21 +0000, Lewis said:
>
>> In message <bj6p0uFko87U1@mid.individual.net>
>> TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote:
>>> I Have my email in the cloud, manageable from my iMac, iPad, and
>>> iPhone. What I find odd is that when I send email from Mail.app the
>>> receiver sometimes receives the email not froom taliesinsoft@me.com or
>>> taliesinsoft@mac.com (thank you Apple for changing mac.com to me.com
>>> which still causes confusion) but from taliesinsoft@icloud. When this
>>> happens the recipient cannot respond without changing the address back
>>> to such as taliesinsoft@me.com. This seems like an odditiy which can be
>>> avoided, but I have no idea how that can be done. Suggestions and/or
>>> solutions will be most appreciated.
>>
>> Why can't they reply?

>> place.
>
> They get a message to the effect that taliesinsoft@icloud is not a
> valid email address.

Oops....

In my prior postings in this thread I should have stated
"taliesinsoft@icloud.com" instead of "taliesinsoft@icloud". My error.

--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas

0
TaliesinSoft
1/11/2014 4:12:31 AM
On 2014-01-11, TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote:
> On 2014-01-10 19:03:51 +0000, TaliesinSoft said:
>
>> On 2014-01-10 09:24:21 +0000, Lewis said:

>>> Why can't they reply?

>>> place.
>>
>> They get a message to the effect that taliesinsoft@icloud is not a
>> valid email address.
>
> Oops....
>
> In my prior postings in this thread I should have stated
> "taliesinsoft@icloud.com" instead of "taliesinsoft@icloud". My error.

A family member of mine encountered this as well. This page explained
it:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2623>

JR
0
Jolly

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Mail App oddity
When I send an email the little "activity" box in the bottom right respons by saying something like "sending 23 of 23". Similarly when I check for new mail it says "fetching 12 of 12" and gets me two emails. Something like that. The count, either incoming or outgoing, is extravagantly different from the intended and supposed activity. Any ideas? gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> writes: > When I send an email the little "activity" box in the bottom right > respons by saying something like "sending 23 of 23". Similarly when I > check for new mail it says "fetching 12 of 12" and gets me two emails. > Something like that. > > The count, either incoming or outgoing, is extravagantly different from > the intended and supposed activity. > > Any ideas? In my case when fetching it's mail going into other folders. Don't know what's up with sending, though. Billy Y.. -- sub #'9+1 ,r0 ; convert ascii byte add #9.+1 ,r0 ; to an integer bcc 20$ ; not a number On 2013-11-20 23:43:29 +0000, billy@MIX.COM said: > gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> writes: > >> When I send an email the little "activity" box in the bottom right >> respons by saying something like "sending 23 of 23". Similarly when I >> check for new mail it says "fetch...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Mac Mail app
I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help would be appreciated. The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings have an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have over-ridden these with local settings. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help > would be appreciated. > > The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some > inco...

Mail .Mac cannot send mail via smtp mac
I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found without any problem I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, what could be wrong ? thanks joss In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found > without any problem > > I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, > what could be wrong ? > > thanks > > joss Without more detail, it's only a guess...bu...

Mail.app on a Different Mac
Hi, Which files do I have to move for a user moving from one Mac to another so that he can continue to see his mail archives? -- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Bolen Books. Dale Friesen, Sysadmin Bolen Books, Inc Victoria, BC Canada root@bolen.bc.ca http://www.bolen.bc.ca dfriesen@amtsgi.bc.ca (Dale Friesen) writes: > Which files do I have to move for a user moving from one Mac to another > so that he can continue to see his mail archives? I can't tell you details for Mail.app off the top of my head, but I do want to make a suggestion to you for the future -...

com.sys.mac.apps
www.freeservice6.blogspot.com ...

Mail.app reply oddity
Hi, I've been noticing that when I reply to html-format email, none of the text from the original message is quoted in the new mail window. In the Mail->Preferences->Composing panel, I have Format: Plain Text ... Responding: N Use the same message format as the original Y Quote the text of the original message Y Increase quote level When quoting text in replies or forwards: N Include all of the original message Y Include selected text if any, otherwise all If I actually select some lines or the whole message, then the selected portion is correctly quoted, but if I simply hit reply, I get a page that seems to have the correct number of lines, all marked as quoted, but with no text on the lines. I've also fiddled around with the above preferences, but always get the same result. It seems to have started recently, perhaps after the most recent OS/X update... Are others seeing this too? Greg Shenaut ...

Mac
Hi, I have written a service to launch our wxWidgets Application when the user selects the menu item in the Services menu. The wxWidgets Application is configured to accept command line parameters when starting from the terminal window. I am launching the wxWidgets Application using Mac Launch Services call LSOpenFromURLSpec. I created an apple event descriptor (AEDesc) and added the parameters to pass into the AEDesc for the launch spec. This is not working, the application will launch but the parameters are ignored. Do I need to add an impementation in the wxMyApp::MacOpenFile to...

Apple mail App and mac mal
If I use Mac Mail with Entourage I can use an smtp server other than Mac's and this in turn allows me to use my own domain email address (me@my domain.com) rather than my somewhat complicated Mac Mail address. It seems however that I cannot do this with Mail App as this will only allow me to use a single sent address (me@mac.com) when using Mac Mail and that sent address must be my Mac log-in. This is irrespective of whether I use the Mac smtp server or another. Mail App is more flexible in this regard if I use an email service other than Mac. Am I correct in this conclusion? If I ...

Where are my To Dos from Mail.app synched in .Mac
Where would I look for the "to dos" on .mac when I log on to another computer? I see my contacts. I see my e-mail. And I figured out that my notes are synced, oddly, into my in mail box. So, given that last oddity, maybe the to dos are there somewhere, and I just have looked in the right place on the screen. Weird. (There are no calendars, either. But I have been told that's SOP for Apple, and I have to go to separate ical sites. Is the same true for the to dos? I created these to dos in my mail app under nxxxxx@mac.com, so that's where I figured they get synced to; they are ...

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

mail.app does not fetch mail
Hi: For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via pine on the shell account at the isp. Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the mailers I have around seem to support ssl. Any help greatly appreciated! Eric In article <250120041742285724%UNericfiveSPAM@onl...

Vacation mail with mail.app
Here is a script I wrote for vacation notices; it will send the notice only once to each person you receive mail from. I suggest running it after any rules to file mailing list items into folders, so that it doesn't send vacation mail notices to the lists. The actual notice is sent by the rule; the script is what keeps the rule from sending more than one notice to any given address. First set up an address-book group named "Vacation" Then set up a rule with the criterion "If sender is not a member of group Vacation" Set up the actions Reply to Message Run App...

Mail.app
I lost some mail today. I had dragged a couple of folders to a new location. When I looked in the folders, it appeared the mail was there but everything was empty. I tried rebuilding the folders and the headers disappeared as well. At that point I was pretty desperate. Most of the mail was from today and would not be on my backup. I restarted the computer and rebuilt the folders again. Low-and-behold, most of the mail came back but not all of it and I am still missing a couple of items I can not afford to lose. So, what did I do, so I can avoid doing it again? How can ...

Getting mail.app _not_ to check .mac
Every time I start mail.app, it checks mail at my .mac account, which is forwared, so there's never any mail. I've looked high and low to see where I turn that off, and I can't find it. Mail only checks my other accounts when I tell it to; how do I get it never to check .mac, please? -- Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily. Phil Stripling <phil_stripling@cieux.zzn.com> wrote: > Every time I start mail.app, ...

Mail oddity / Finder oddity
I never saw either of these happen before: 1. The Mail GUI correctly showed a recent arrival as unread, but the Dock icon showed no unread count. 2. Finder said at the bottom of a window that a USB drive had 359 MB available, but trying to drag in a 102-KB file got a message of "Can't; no room on device" ??? -- Wes Groleau Opaqueness vs opacity - derivational confusion http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=1017 On 08-05-2010 16:01, Wes Groleau wrote: > I never saw either of these happen before: > 1. The Mail GUI correctly showe...

Mail Merge to Mail.app?
I can do mail merge with MS Word/Entourage, but I haven't yet found a way to merge to mail.app. Is there a way to do mail merge to mail.app? In article <vikr-819ADF.13453731102006@news.west.earthlink.net>, Vik Rubenfeld <vikr@mindspring.com.invalid> wrote: > I can do mail merge with MS Word/Entourage, but I haven't yet found a > way to merge to mail.app. > > Is there a way to do mail merge to mail.app? Probably with an Applescript. -- Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush. ...

importing mail from Mail.app?
5.2.1 paid OSX 10.2.6 iMac 800 flat-screen OK, now that I've finally switched back to Eudora from Mail.app, can anyone suggest a painless way to import all that email I've accumulated in Mail over into Eudora? The Eudora manual only discusses Outlook Express, and my Googling has proved fruitless, as has searching thru the postings in this group. I seem to remember a nifty program to take mail in the other direction! Thanks again, rudi overit <baying@themoon.com> wrote: > 5.2.1 paid > OSX 10.2.6 > iMac 800 flat-screen > > OK, now that...

Editing mail in Mail.app
I asked this a long time ago and there wasn't a way to do it. Is there a way yet? Sometimes I want to save just part of a mail item and I want to remove all the clutter. This is easy in Windows. I don't know why it is seemingly impossible in OS X. -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] In article <bob-F86E3E.15561610022008@news.verizon.net>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote: > I asked this a long time ago and there wasn't a way to do it. Is there > a way yet?...

Netscape mail in Mail.app?
I acquired one of those free netscape.net email addresses way back when Netscape was my primary browser. Unless I'm mistaken, Netscape (the company) makes sure their mail program is only accessible throug either Netscape (the browser) or Netscape's (the company) web site. (Mail.app can't connect to imap.mail.netcenter.com no matter what settings I tweak.) I just noticed that httpmail plugin, which allows Hotmail users to access their mail through Mail.app has been updated. One of the comments in MacUpdate asks whether the plugin could be hacked to receive Netscape mail. As of a fe...

Mail Links In Web Apps won't open any mail apps? Help!!! Thanks
that is if I click on a link in Safari or Internet Explorer that contains an e-mail address it won't open a mail app. the dock kind of moves a bit and that's it. this is a total pain in the butt because these address's are imbedded and I can't see what the address is. I checked the useless discussions on the apple sight and they were uh...useless. I checked all preferences and that didn't fix it.Someone suggested that the default setting in the apple mail app would have a place to set it but that didn't work. Any suggestions? thanks for the help -- Barry ...

autoforward mail in mail; app?
After I signed up with attglobal, I discovered that they don't have web access to your POP mail. They do this in order to gauge you on their access lines in foreign countries. However, when I travel outside the USA, I don't schlep my laptop but use cyber cafes. A couple of weeks on windows makes me appreciate OS X all the more. However, with my limited choices on my little rock, it's inconvenient to change ISP's right now. So, I'm wondering if mail app can automatically forward my attglobal mail to say a yahoo account? There is a $15 shareware program that works in OS ...

Web resources about - Mail.app Cloud Oddity - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Space Oddity (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Space Oddity " is a song written and performed by David Bowie and released as a music single in 1969. It is about the launch of Major Tom , ...

Facebook Video-Sharing Oddity: Bug, Or Test?
Some Facebook users are experiencing an unusual situation with posts from pages that contain either videos or links to videos on YouTube , where ...

Rerez.net - Video Game Odditys, Reviews, and Videos
Video Game Odditys, Reviews, and Videos

Space Oddity - YouTube
A revised version of David Bowie's Space Oddity, recorded by Commander Chris Hadfield on board the International Space Station. Composition: ...

Cloke fine a space oddity
Collingwood key forward used car park of chief executive Gary Pert once too often.

Disgrace oddity - how I tried to help David Bowie become cool again
Thirty years ago John Elder interviewed David Bowie - and blew it entirely.

The political oddity - sons who stand in for fathers
The political oddity - sons who stand in for fathers

From space our politics is the real oddity
The image is so potent. Astronaut Chris Hadfield arcing lithely in zero gravity, singing Bowie's Space Oddity as a farewell before his return ...

World Cup oddity of the day
Wayne Rooney has said he will see Dr. Steve Peters, the Liverpool club psychiatrist recruited by the Football Association, to help him deal with ...

Last chance to watch Canadian astronaut Hadfield's cover of Bowie's 'Space Oddity' - Entertainment & ...
It’s your last chance to watch now-retired Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield’s famous ‘Space Oddity’ video as it will come down Tuesday.