Need web authoring software

What are the software options for creating web pages in OS X?  When I
had a PC, I would use Microsoft Publisher.  Although it wasn't great, it
was free with MS Office, was functionally adequate and was WYSIWYG
enough to make it easy to make simple web pages.

What is the equivalent on OS X?  I don't create many pages, so I don't
want to get the high-end software.  Is there something simple for making
tables, links, static graphics and static text?

Mike

comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Need recommendation for web authoring software
I am technical advisor for a new group of middle-aged people that want to create a web site for historical information about our local area. They want to scan in a lot of old photos, include information on schools, cemetaries, etc. The web server is NT4 running IIS 4.0. Pages are uploaded via FTP. I personally use Dreamweaver 3, and am learning Dreamweaver MX. I feel that Dreamweaver is too much for this group to learn. I had early experiences with Microsoft Front Page and was very much un-impressed. I need a recommendation for a modestly priced web authoring program that can be used ...

OT: Need Mac Beta Tester for MAC Software
I am looking for a Mac Beta Tester for a brainstorming program. The software has been on the market for 12 years, very small company, almost an "academic" type program we have been such a low key company. I am looking for someone with OSX to use a Java-based program. Please only serious replies who are willing to furnish a resume or basic references (because of the nature of those who sometimes reply to these kinds of ads). The software is the one at http://www.paramind.net -- Robert Pearson http://www.rspearson.com/ ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net ...

personal website design software , web developers , website designer software , website templates , software for website design , nof homepage , web design tools , flash web design , web desig
personal website design software , web developers , website designer software , website templates , software for website design , nof homepage , web design tools , flash web design , web design companies , web designers , WEBSITE DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN ERSTELLEN + + + + + http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ + + + + + nof freeware fusion8 Javascript website designer programs ecommerce website design software fusion7 versandkostenfrei bestellen nof templates zubehoer bestellen website designer nof de custom website design website designing programs website design software nof cms homepage design software netobjectsfusion 11 web page design web design tools software fuer webdesign kaufen artikel nof styles new website design software website development nof 9.0 free website design software mit webseiten graphic design software website designs software bestellen preisvergleich ...

Need web site author to find/ take a template and customize for me. Services wanted web site design programming
Need web site author to find/ take a template and customize for me. Services wanted web site design programming I am on a limited budget being unemployed but could use some help and will pay for web site design/tuning based on a template. Need some help picking a template and not adverse to having you help me for a fee. Need a few web pages with some photos and areas for text to promote a "PC Support at Home" repair business. This would be where someone contracts me to come to their home, review their computer problems and resolve them. This would include cleaning the ha...

free website design software , flash website design , web site designers , to use website design software , nof 7.0 , easy web design , website designing software , website design software tem
free website design software , flash website design , web site designers , to use website design software , nof 7.0 , easy web design , website designing software , website design software templates , web design software , homepage design software , WEBSITE DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN ERSTELLEN + + + + + http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ + + + + + kostenlose webseiten nof styles nof europe website design ...

MAC or Windows graphic software?
Hi, What is the difference between graphic software run on MAC and on Windows? I found that MAC has Apple script, Windows doesn't. IS MAC graphic software are more stable & reliable than Windows? "Bell" <graphics@design.com> wrote in news:dH3zf.12979$xk1.232091@news20.bellglobal.com: > Hi, > What is the difference between graphic software run on MAC and on > Windows? I found that MAC has Apple script, Windows doesn't. > IS MAC graphic software are more stable & reliable than Windows? > > Functionally, there is no difference apart from...

Have some Mac software no longer need
Speed Doubler 8 Corel Print Office 2000 C++ Programming with Code Warrior Adobe Photo Deluxe and Communicate i2000 (Windows) 88 Million Households phonebook (Windows) I have no manuals for any of this, just the bare bones CD's. I no longer need any of this software and would rather give it to someone who needs it, than chuck it in the trash. If anyone wants this, then please email me. I'd only expect like $10 or something, not including shipping. But this is nothing compared to what this cost when it was new. John ------- http://www.members.aol.com/crucifyself03/Rsteve -Ste...

Help
Hello, I need some opinions (yes, you heard right) on what is the best choice for creating graphics for web use. I am the new webmaster for my high school's robotics team (PowerKnights.com) and I'm stuck using microsoft's "paint" to edit graphics. I need something more but like every other high school student I'm poor ;) I was wondering if anyone has anything free that they can direct me to that may help Thank you, Hello, You can try AdobePhotoshop, thats the best. Regards sbben@comcast.net (sbben) wrote in message news:<24cecc8b.0406251723.41b0a76...

DVD Authoring Software for Macs
Is there _really_ no DVD authoring software for the Mac other than DVD Studio Pro (which the pirates at Apple won't sell unless you buy the whole "Studio" bundle)? iDVD doesn't count, it's low-level dreck, you can get the same results out of Toast. -- W. Oates In article <45bf7d1f$0$10732$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>, Warren Oates <warren.oates@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there _really_ no DVD authoring software for the Mac other than DVD > Studio Pro (which the pirates at Apple won't sell unless you buy the > whole "Studio" bundle)? ...

DVD Authoring Software for Mac
Looks like this will be my next media hurtle. I have iDVD and have always found it damned confusing, but am setting about the process of learning it since I already own it. At the end of the line, when it's all finished, I'll find out if it was any damned good. I have authored a few in Toast Platinum v11.04. But I found its incessant need to re-encode anything/everything thrown at it so that it drops a full generation of resolution to be problematic. Maybe I'm not using it correctly. So I assume that sooner or later I'll be looking for another program--s...

graphic software to crop web layouts
i need some software like photoshop but it is too expensive,fireworks too... i just nedd some software to make slices from a flat layout and export in gif or jpg like a basic graphic software but with ruleres, so i can save where i sliced for farder use i can't relly use GIMP because when i click on the image window, the paletets dosen't come to front with it... i don't know if there is a trick for that, it olso has shorcuts like on PC In article <ws92anmawvnv.vhjljk19yif0.dlg@40tude.net>, Al <none@noooooowhere.it> wrote: > i need some software like photoshop bu...

Need Recommendation for Web Creation Software
Hi all When I installed fedora core 3, I realized that there was a lack of software in key areas I needed. One of those key areas is web site creation software. A long time ago I used a program which allowed me to easily program in html and also drag and drop elements such as photos right into place spacially accurate as to where they would be seen. all this could be done off line, and then uploaded to the web site. I need a program like this again, and so if someone could please give me a reference, I would appreciate it. If I have a name, all I have to do is 'yum install'...

web/graphics designer needed for job
Hi, I'm looking for someone to do some basic web design/graphics work for me. I'm basically going to need a logo/title worked up, as well as the scheme/layout for a website, including some buttons/logos, etc. I'm pretty flexible about the style, just looking for a creative person to work something out. I don't need the entire website done, just the basic graphics and design work, so it shouldn't be a huge job, and I'm not looking to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars to have it done. Willingness to be paid in sterling silver or gold jewelry is a plus ;-) Pl...

Graphics & Web Expert Needed
HELP! I'm totally stuck on something and can't think of how to do it, I'm redesigning my site and have designed a nice jpg image for part of the logo, you can see it at http://www.thetophouse.com/newsgroup/topsignbracket.jpg Now I have also done an animated gif that I want to incorporate into it, this is at http://www.thetophouse.com/newsgroup/newtoptest.gif What I want to do is to end up with both images combined to get this http://www.thetophouse.com/newsgroup/topsignbracket2.jpg which is a still of what I want, obviously the text would be moving. I'm totally stuck, ...

Graphics & Web Expert Needed
HELP! I'm totally stuck on something and can't think of how to do it, I'm redesigning my site and have designed a nice jpg image for part of the logo, you can see it at http://www.thetophouse.com/newsgroup/topsignbracket.jpg Now I have also done an animated gif that I want to incorporate into it, this is at http://www.thetophouse.com/newsgroup/newtoptest.gif What I want to do is to end up with both images combined to get this http://www.thetophouse.com/newsgroup/topsignbracket2.jpg which is a still of what I want, obviously the text would be moving. I'm totally stuck, ...

Perl/PHP Web Software Architects Needed
PERL/PHP Web Software Architect We are seeking enthusiastic candidates that are looking to gain international exposure in India. The IT industry is booming in India and providing valuable opportunities for employees to gain international exposure. We are also looking at NRI's and PIO's that are interested in repatriating themselves back to India. Work India has been retained by one of the top IT/Services companies in the US Medical Billing Industry. Work India is assisting in locating and hiring candidates for the position of PERL/PHP Web Software Architects for their subsidiary i...

Do I need firewall software on Mac/PC network?
I have searched for this answer and have had no luck. Do I need firewall software for a Mac and/or PC that are networked to a cable modem? They are not file sharing only sharing the cable modem. Is the router enough of a firewall? Here is the setup: Mac G4, OS 9.2.2 IBM PC Pentium II, Windows 98 SMC Barricade 4 port router MOD# SMC7004VBR Motorola SB4200 SURFboard Cable Modem Thank you for any assistance and/or advice. Ron In article <3F207ABB.82866341@earthlink.net>, Ron Lee <rgl4508@earthlink.net> wrote: :> I have searched for this answer and have had n...

need help remembering some old mac software
Ok, maybe I'm losing my mind here, but maybe not. I'm having an argument with a co-worker about legacy Mac apps. I remember WAY back in the early Power Mac days, that there was some virtualization software. I thought that it had a catchy name. It was for running 2 Mac's on one piece of hardware like vmware or parallels. I'm thinking the cover had a rock climber or something like that. Please help me before I go mad! Thanks Brandon Riffel In article <1184946727.952799.314840@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Brandon Riffel <brandonriffel@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, maybe I'm losing my mind here, but maybe not. > > I'm having an argument with a co-worker about legacy Mac apps. I > remember WAY back in the early Power Mac days, that there was some > virtualization software. I thought that it had a catchy name. It was > for running 2 Mac's on one piece of hardware like vmware or parallels. > > I'm thinking the cover had a rock climber or something like that. > > Please help me before I go mad! > > Thanks > Brandon Riffel Omnigraffle? -- Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com "When you post sewage, don't blame others for emptying chamber pots in your direction." �Chris L. an important web site: http://www.muslim-refusenik.com/ On Jul 20, 11:50 am, Timberwoof <timberwoof.s...@inferNOnoSPAMsoft.com> wrote: > In article <118494672...

Author needs business owners who use Macs
I am writing a book on small business owners who use Macs. If you are interested in being interviewed, please email me at dealmaker1@mac.com Thanks, MWGrubb * posted via http://mymac.ws Returned Data = NULL "MWGrubb" <millard_grubb@mac-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:419a6124$1_4@alt.athenanews.com... >I am writing a book on small business owners who use Macs. > > If you are interested in being interviewed, please email me at > dealmaker1@mac.com > > Thanks, > > MWGrubb > > * posted via http://mymac.ws ...

Graphics software suggestion / advice needed please
Hi, I've just scanned a LaserDisc cover (12" square) in two goes and thus have two separate files on the drive of each part. What I need is a piece of software that will allow me to trim each file to the correct size (to the exact pixel) (a bit like DPlingScan or even better, Paint) and join the two together. I'd also like to be able to drop other images onto this joined image (logos etc...) and be able to place them accurately and resize them. Once this is done I need to be able to save the finished picture in a standard format (jpeg, png, bmp, sprite etc...). Is there any e...

Volunteer Graphic Designer/Web Developer needed.
We are looking for someone with Graphic Design or/and Web Developing skills to assist us with a project. So while We can't afford financial compensation, I'm happy to provide credit and exposure for the right artist's work. Please send me an e-mail with samples of your work. Thanks, Majid ...

Need MAC Programmer for software management project
Hi, we are looking for a MAC programmer with excellent system coding capablilities. The software should - scan the whole system (old 9.X and new systems) for executables and - store those with enhanced information about vendor, product, version etc in a zip file and - send this zip file to a shared folder on a NT Server The code should be executed with network login script as one of several possiblilities. CW 8.X-Code is presumed. If you are interested please send application to info@softwaremanagement.org. We also want this on linux machines - also with cw. T...

SOFTWARE! SOFTWARE! SOFTWARE!
Hello everybody! Just got a bunch of boxes of disks from Andrew last night and was wondering if anyone was seeking any particular titles? If I can find what you are looking for in the mess, I will be more than happy to copy it for you on request. I won't be giving, selling, or trading any of the disks themselves, but I will make copies for any interested parties. Have a great day! Charles>8-Bit Designs http://www.8bitprodserv.spaces.live.com I'm looking for the Ada Training Course put out by Abacus. For some reason I can't find any of the Abacus software nor manuals. ...

Software author needs your help with final testing
Hi, I'm a software designer based in the UK and I have recently concluded work on my latest project, deskNET, which, all being well, I hope to release in the late Autumn/Fall of this year. Background: Given our over reliance on opt-in email marketing as virtually the sole method of maintaining customer contact and its decreasing effectiveness as a marketing/sales tool, the brief I set myself was perhaps more easily said than done; to develop a more effective communication tool for businesses to not only maintain, but further develop their customer relations, while securing repeat business and return visits. One emerging technology was that of "one-to-many broadcasting" where information, news, sales and product information etc are delivered directly onto the customers/subscribers screens. This is acheived by the subscriber downloading a small receiver client which then sits in the System Tray, listening for any messages broadcast. You may already be using such software as it is currently being employed by Kelloggs, Fox, Disney, Visa and the BBC to name but a few. While all these companies and many others have been reporting great advantages from their one-to-many broadcast services, the high set-up costs and on-going charges for dedicated servers, made this a technology that only the largest corporations could afford. Customers/subscribers too, would you believe, enjoy with this form of marketing. Arsenal Football Club, a London based soccer team has h...

Web resources about - Need web authoring software - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Optical disc authoring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in temporary storage such as a file in another file system on a disk drive. Then, one copies the image to the disc. Most optical disc authoring ...

Testing out Hammer 2014 (Dota 2 Authoring Tools) - YouTube
Valve has finally pushed out a major update for Hammer, the first in nearly a decade. It's a lot of fun, and there's a lot of improvements! Watch ...

A professor and a comedian walk into an authoring partnership...
Grafton Everest is rotund, larger-than-life political larrikin from Australia's northernmost state and has been thrust to the balance of power ...

Re-authoring stories of self: how narrative therapy works
Katherine Smith speaks with Social Work’s Professor Louise Harms about the rise in interest in narrative therapy from training as well as therapeutic ...

Apple announces iBooks Author, a free Mac app for authoring interactive e-books
... textbooks. We have been given some interesting metrics , and now Schiller unveiled “iBooks Author.” It is a new (and free!) Mac app for authoring ...

Authoring Anxiety
Ben Mauk sums up The Emerald Light in the Air , the new story collection from Donald Antrim: These stories appeared in The New Yorker over the ...

Ars: Apple to Announce Authoring Tools for Textbook/E-Book Publishing
... so to speak — and expand its current platform to distribute them to iPhone and iPad users. Never underestimate the importance of good authoring ...

MediaTek Emphasizes Video Playback, Authoring in Competition with Qualcomm, Samsung
Thursday evening in Barcelona, Taiwanese mobile chip challenger MediaTek hosted a cocktail party at a hip microbrewery called Fabrica-Moritz. ...

Office Web Apps to get Google Docs style real time co-authoring 'very soon'
... at what Microsoft has in store namely, hitting Google Docs where Office Web Apps haven't been able to thus far: rich real time co-authoring ...

Police: Md. Teacher Placed on Leave for Authoring Fictional Book of the ‘Largest School Massacre’
A Maryland middle school teacher has been placed on administrative leave after he allegedly authored two fiction books using a pseudonym, with ...