new CAD/3D printing tool for MacOS & Linux

Hi All,

I am just an excited user and supporter, "do not shoot the messenger", plea=
se :)

A start-up in Norway want to make life easier for CAD and 3D printing users=
 -"makers". Just have seen a post about them on Slashdot
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/11/13/2022243/fabricating-nature-and-a-ph=
ysical-turing-test

Their software platform is based on a new volumetric approach, still very m=
uch under development, will run on both MacOS and Linux, and they've starte=
d trying to 'save the world from polygons' with a KickStarter campaign that=
 is live now at
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/723819776/meshup-mashup-for-meshes
While the incentives last for another 3 days, $100 donation will give you a=
 copy of their software on shipping. This is great way to show support for =
innovation in 3D software tools and receive their system for less than half=
 the price as final price will be over $200.=20

Hope very much it will not be banned as spam, because it is not!
Onna
0
onnadewiki
11/16/2012 12:57:59 AM
comp.sys.mac.graphics 482 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

NEWS SOFTWARE. New CAD / 3D printing tool for Linux
Hi All,=20 I am just an excited user and supporter, "do not shoot the messenger", plea= se :) =20 A start-up in Norway want to make life easier for CAD and 3D printing users= -"makers". Just have seen a post about them on Slashdot http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/11/13/2022243/fabricating-nature-and-a-ph= ysical-turing-test =20 Their system is based on a new volumetric approach, still very much under d= evelopment, will run on both Linux and MacOS, and they are trying to 'save = the world from polygons' with a KickStarter campaign that is live now at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/723819776/meshup-mashup-for-meshes=20 While the incentives last for another 3 days, $100 donation will give you a= copy of their software on shipping. This is great way to show support for = innovation in 3D software tools and receive their system for less than half= the price as final price will be over $200. =20 Hope very much this info will not be banned as spam, because it is not and = very real!=20 Onna=20 ...

2D/3D Model & Textures 3D CDs, 3D Software & NLE Software CDs, Audio Sounds Sample CDs, CAX, CAD, CAM, CAE, electronics, EDA. LSI, PCB, FPGA, VHDL, &Other Design CDs, Digital Stock /Footage & Cl
2D/3D Model & Textures 3D CDs, 3D Software & NLE Software CDs, Audio Sounds Sample CDs, CAX, CAD, CAM, CAE, electronics, EDA. LSI, PCB, FPGA, VHDL, &Other Design CDs, Digital Stock /Footage & Clips CDs, Software For Technical Analysis of stocks/commodities/futures markets, GIS, Alldata 2004, Mitchell 2004, Tutorials & Manual CDs, Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID', CDs, instructions how to authorise, register, including the author...

NEW CAD SOFT & NEW CAD BOOKS
mcphisto2006@yahoo.com Catalog of CAD, CAM & FEA Books Engineering Graphics Engineering Graphics Principles with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing CAD AUTODESK Architectural Desktop Autodesk Architectural Desktop Fundamentals Release 2005 | Release 2004 | Release 3.3 Autodesk Architectural Desktop Intermediate Release 2004 | Release 3.3 Space Planning with Architectural Desktop Release 2005 | Release 3.3 AutoCAD AutoCAD MultiMedia Tutorial Release 2000 AutoCAD Mechanical Drafting for Beginners Release 2004 | Release 2000i AutoCAD Tutorial - First Level: 2D Fundamentals Release 2005 | Release 2004 | Release 2002 | Release 2000i AutoCAD Tutorial - Second Level: 3D Modeling Release 2005 | Release 2004 | Release 2002 | Release 2000i Residential Design using AutoCAD Release 2005 | Release 2004 AutoCAD LT AutoCAD LT MultiMedia Tutorial Release 2005 | Release 2004 | Release 2002 | Release 2000 Inventor Parametric Modeling with Autodesk Inventor Release R9 | Release R8 | Release R6 | Release R5 | Release R4 | Release R2 Autodesk Inventor Fundamentals: Conquering the Rubicon Release R8 | Release R6 | Release R5 | Release R4 | Release R3 Autodesk Inventor Intermediate Level: Mastering the Rubicon Release R8 | Release R6 | Release R5 | Release R4 Lan...

3D-Tool - 3D and 2D CAD Viewer
3D-Tool - 3D and 2D CAD Viewer - NEW VERSION 7.0 AVAILABLE NOW! 3D-Tool is a viewer for 3D and 2D CAD files. 3D-Tool gives you the ability to visualize, analyze, and mark-up your CAD projects. 3D-Tool imports many common 3D and 2D CAD File Formats. With 3D-Tool you produce self-viewing executable files, which display your CAD projects on any PC without installation or additional licensing. The simple user interface allows anybody, without special CAD knowledge, to view your models, zoom in on details or simply look inside your models using dynamic cross sections. Views from any an...

Printing mac PDFs on linux & windows
I'm using Word X (I know, I know) under Panther to create PDF files (via the print dialog) on my Mac. Folks using Linux and Windows tell me that they can't print them--the fonts are messed up. In particular it seems that Symbol font is not printing right. Curiously (at least on the Linux machine...I can't say about windows) they view fine. They view and print just great from the Mac, of course. Since I know nothing about these other operating systems, I'm at a loss. There seems to be no way in the print dialog to chose to "embed" fonts or not...or in Preview...

New Free Designing & Printing Software for Mac
A new free software for Mac - compatible for Mac OS Lion - photobooks, photo calendars, digital offset and online printing The software is in italian and all printing services are disposable for Italy users only http://www.miofotolibro.it/software.php?t=design ...

New release of Carina 3D viewer for Win/Mac/Linux
Thanks Dave! There is a new drop of Carina in SourceForge with the following changes: * Errors in files now show up as a button in the status bar * Information window on the worlds has been moved to the view menu * Animated gif support added to image textures * Added support for libxslt to convert files instead of using Java * Added open recent menu option * Added basic help system * Bugfix: Commas in vrml files are handled better * Bugfix: Saving of some values in preferences fixed The VRML import, especially from files created by modelers and c...

Graphical data tool selection tool in 3D
I am looking for a function which will help be have a circle brush, for the brush tool and helps me brush the data points on 3D plot in spherical shape. http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/13857-graphical-data-selection-tool. I am exactly looking for something like this in 3D. Kindly suggest any functions if available. ...

Print server & Mac/PC printing
I have a Canon S820 that was originally correctly installed as a USB printer on my iMac running OS X. I added a print server to my home network so that I could share the printer between the iMac and several PCs. No problem with the PCs running Win98. When I try to connect to the Canon via the print server I have problems. Even though the proper printer drivers are loaded the printer does not show up in Print Center. When I choose "Other" from the Print Center list I am asked for the printer files, but I haven't the slightest idea about how to navigate to them on the ...

[ANN] FmPro Script Diff 1.27 for MacOS X & Windows
Fremont, CA - 9-22-2008 - .com Solutions Inc. Releases Updated FmPro Script Diff 1.27 With New Graphical Control Flow Feature for FileMaker´┐Ż Pro ScriptMakerT Scripts. FmPro Script Diff's new control flow view includes support for IF/ELSE/END IF/LOOP/END LOOP statements, graphically showing the statements included within each control flow structure. FileMaker Pro developers can use the graphical control flow feature to instantly see the structure of their code (or someone else's) at a glance. Even with deeply nested code, they can quickly understand the structure. ScriptMaker s...

[News] [Linux] New Arch, New Puppy Linux, New GNOME
[Ach Linux:] 2007.05 Duke ISOs released ,----[ Quote ] | I would like to thank you all, who assisted in testing | and of course finding/fixing bugs, you users/devs simply | rock. `---- http://archlinux.org/news/325/ [GNOME 2.16 Released] ,----[ Quote ] | Enjoy the speed of Puppy as a live CD, or better still, as multi-session | CD or DVD in your CD/DVD writer. `---- http://www.puppylinux.org/ GNOME 2.19.2 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | This is our second development release on our road towards GNOME | 2.20.0, which will be released in September 2007. `---- http://mail.gnome.org/archives/g...

new 3d toon from new SPIKE & MIKE animator
Say goodbye to another beloved icon in the new dark entry from Fletcher Rhoden ("A Gentle Reminder" "Doughey & the B") http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFdxLNnP4R0 ...

new 2007/01/18 Autodesk.Maya.Unlimited.v8.5.OSX, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/January/18, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFor
new 2007/01/18 Autodesk.Maya.Unlimited.v8.5.OSX, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/January/18, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' -------------------------------------------------------- DFT Super Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 4 CDs The DFT Super Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm, Digital Film Lab, Composite Suite, and zMatte. DFT Filter Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 1 CD The DFT Filter Bundle includes full versions of...

Mac new Stuff, updated 2007/11/25 Nextlimit.Maxwell.Render.v1.6.MacOSX.x86, and other Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'H
Mac new Stuff, updated 2007/11/25 Nextlimit.Maxwell.Render.v1.6.MacOSX.x86, and other Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, VIENNA INSTRUMENTS VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARIES, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other please send e-mail to : ...

[...]

Mac new Stuff, updated 2007/11/25 Nextlimit.Maxwell.Render.v1.6.MacOSX.x86, and other Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'H #2
Mac new Stuff, updated 2007/11/25 Nextlimit.Maxwell.Render.v1.6.MacOSX.x86, and other Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, VIENNA INSTRUMENTS VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARIES, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other please send e-mail to : ...

I translate the 2D graphics object, but it prints new and old graphics on each page
I am drawing a schematic using Java2D and want to print it. I want to print it 3 pages wide by 3 pages long, so I translate the 2D graphics object with in relation to the current pageIndex. It prints all 9 pages, but they all have their own "section" of the schematic as well as all past ones. I dispose of the 2D graphics object, so what else am i missing? Any ideas? Thanks! Ralph Macchio ChooChooOnMyHead wrote: > I am drawing a schematic using Java2D and want to print it. I want to > print it 3 pages wide by 3 pages long, so I translate the 2D graphics > object...

3D-Tool
The new version 6.7 of 3D-Tool, a 3D-Viewer is now released. Please look at http://www.3D-Tool.de for more information. You can view and share your designs with your customer. You can create one file, which includes the viewer and the data, so its not necessary to make any installation on side of your customer. 3D-Tool supports a shaded or a wire frame display. You can create Printout 1:1 or jpeg pictures with high quality. All Users, with a valid Key of any Version 6 can freely update to Version 6.7. Your old Key is still valid. You only have to install 3D-Tool in the same or an...

linux font rotation in graphics & (strange) black graphics borders
Is Mathematica on Linux able to rotate fonts in graphics? I've heard that this doesn't work on Macs, but I don't know about Linux. Anyway, I am unable to make this work after trying it under xvnc and plain X. In addition, my Exported Plots have a small black border on the lower and right edges. What's going on? -- http://chris.chiasson.name/ ...

Cannnot get Mac to print Linux Print Server using CUPS
I have an Epson C60 attached to a Linux Server using CUPS. All of my WIndows based clients (ME, 2000, XP) all print via the server just fine however, the mac does not. The mac utilizes OSX v10.3 and detects the printer on the net via the printer config utility. When I print, I keep getting a "waiting to connect error".. I try setting up the printer as an IP printer and I get a "busy" or "printer stopped" error. I never had a problem with the first version of OSX. Does any one have a suggestion for a fix? ...

[News] Motorola Introduces Its New Linux Tools, Bets on a Linux Future
Motorola sees Linux as its mobile mainstay ,----[ Quote ] | Cell phones traditionally have used proprietary operating systems, fragmented | even among one manufacturer's products. Motorola and other vendors have also | opened up phone platforms through the Java and BREW software environments. | Linux will help to further expand the community of developers for software, | which is becoming an increasingly important part of mobile phones, said | Christy Wyatt, vice president of ecosystem and market development at | Motorola. The company has shipped about 9 million Linux handsets in th...

Web resources about - new CAD/3D printing tool for MacOS & Linux - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Kids can easily make their own toys with 3D printing
This year's must-have toy: a machine to make your own toy. Mattel's ThingMaker is a kid-safe 3D printer, and the 3Doodler Start Pen won't burn ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Tokyo students develop architectural 3D-printing pen
A group of University of Tokyo students overseen by architect Kengo Kuma have developed a 3D-printing pen that can be used to create complex ...

MakerBot learns that 3D printing and copyright don't quite mix
Trying to stop unauthorized 3D printing is like plugging a hole in a dam with your finger once the template for an object leaks out, it's virtually ...