Selektives Backup?

Hallo,

ich lasse die Systemplatte meines Mac Mini mit Time Machine sichern und
suche zus�tzlich eine L�sung, um bestimmte Verzeichnisse, die auf
externen Platten Platten stehen, in regelm��igen Abst�nden auf eine
andere Platte zu kopieren, wenn sich darin etwas ge�ndert hat.

Ich habe unterdessen iBackup probiert, aber das l�uft hier ausgesprochen
holperig, erzeugt Applescript-Fehlermeldungen und ist mir einfach nicht
geheuer.

Weitere Vorschl�ge werden gern entgegengenommen.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  K�ln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com

Backups Backups Backups
We have on this site four servers, and for many years I have been wrestling with backup software, backup tape drives and tapes. But, now that large hard disks are so cheap, I think THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY! We have some particularly important files, and I set up and ad hoc backup using PKzip to an attached drive. This is launched in the middle of the night from a batch file using a scheduler. This works, but I saw that PK zip can't cope with a very large number of files, as it runs out of memory. I am now experimenting with it's option '-=', which backs up files in 'compatibility mode', hoping that this might help with the open files. I also have tried cheap synchronization software, called Second Copy, but this doesn't cope with open files, and it is generally quite flaky. PKzip, Xcopy, synchronization software, little known backup software, cheap attached storage. Has anyone out there stirred this pot and pulled out something that is useful and works, particularly with open files? I feel I am warm but not there yet. ClassA wrote: > We have on this site four servers, and for many years I have been > wrestling with backup software, backup tape drives and tapes. But, now > that large hard disks are so cheap, I think THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY! > > We have some particularly important files, and I set up and ad hoc > backup using PKzip to an attached drive. This is launched in the middle...

HDs for graphics
Here's my scenario... can't afford to, can't afford not to. I've been working without a net for way too long and it's catching up to me. My only backup has been zips and they have proven inadequate and too costly. It seems that any technical knowledge I once had has either become out-dated or has been forgotten:( Problems that have been occurring: Not enough memory messages, not enough disk space messages, programs quitting, not a lot of freezing surprisingly. And, in high-res in Photoshop or Illustrator with raster images.... crawling-apply-a-brush-stroke-and-go-to-lunch SLOWWWWW. I know it was a lack of space and/or virtual memory that prevented a program from being able to print to file. There was enough space for the file, but I don't think the print monitor (or whatever) had the space/memory to finish the job. When I made enough space on my system partition I was able to output low-res for distiller finally, but still can't output high-res (this was a large graphics file). Working with virtual memory on doesn't seem to help, and sometimes seems to hurt. I allocated more memory to Photoshop and Illustrator to help speed them up, but this only served to reduce my scratch disk space and I still got "not enough memory" errors. I have a G4 Yikes, 350 MHz, 832MB ram, w/10GB Quantum hard drive. I am WAY over partitioned (5). First, should I replace the original or add a second hard drive? My concern is the age of the original (1999...

.MAC and backup
I haven't heard any talk about this in all of the recent back-up threads. With everything else from .Mac is this a good option to buying an external Hard drive and Retrospect, etc? In article <kurtullman-D6B416.09554626042007@customer-201-125-217-207.uninet.net.mx >, Kurt Ullman <kurtullman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I haven't heard any talk about this in all of the recent back-up > threads. With everything else from .Mac is this a good option to buying > an external Hard drive and Retrospect, etc? Not to me. You can buy a much larger hard drive then the amount of space ..Mac offers, plus backups and recovers are much faster. I suggest buying two external hard drives, keeping one on site for nightly backups and the other to be used for once a month backups, but kept off-site when it is not being used to do backups. That's what I do and it works great an its far better and cheaper for backups then a .Mac account can ever be. ...

BACKUP/BEFORE/BACKUP
When you use /BACKUP with /BEFORE, files with a BACKUP date prior to the specified date or time are selected. Files with no BACKUP date (that is, /RECORD was not specified when the file was saved or copied) are also selected. That last sentence makes BACKUP behave differently than other commands, and differently than BACKUP with other qualifiers. Though this feature is useful, why does it exist only in the combination above? On Feb 8, 2:36=A0pm, hel...@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig--- undress to reply) wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0When you use /BACKUP ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

To Mac or not to Mac?

Bootable SuperDuper! backup of one Mac, directly into a second Mac?
Suppose I have _two_ physically identical MacBooks: a "working MacBook A" and a "backup MacBook B" (which may not, initially, have any system or software on its HD). Can I make a bootable SuperDuper! backup of MacBook A to the internal HD in MacBook B (maybe with MacBook B connected in FireWire Target Disk mode)? -- and then, if I need to, restart and boot up MacBook B directly from that SuperDuper! backup, without _any_ other machines or external hard drives being involved? [The object is to have MacBook B always available as an immediately bootable "almos...

Mac to mac

When is a Mac not a Mac?

[9fans] native graphics drawterm on Mac OS X

Help! iSync mac to mac

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "In a battle between elephants, the ants get squashed." --Thailand /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/lin...

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "I have to sit up with a sick ant." --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) ...

Mac backup options
I am looking into various programs to back up my Mac and am trying to get opinions on them Toast, apparently, is not a good backup program. I have been told that 2 good programs are Deja Vu and Retrospect. What do people think of each (or others). Thanks, Tom Thomas Scheiderich <tfs@deltanet.com> wrote: > I am looking into various programs to back up my Mac and am trying to > get opinions on them Doesn't tar fit your needs? > Thanks, > > Tom wogri -- bullshit@wogri.at http://www.wogri.at I use Deja Vu for daily automatic backups of my User and Documents folders and SuperDuper for weekly full, bootable clones of my drives. In article <403843D0.9090801@deltanet.com>, Thomas Scheiderich <tfs@deltanet.com> wrote: > I am looking into various programs to back up my Mac and am trying to > get opinions on them > > Toast, apparently, is not a good backup program. > > I have been told that 2 good programs are Deja Vu and Retrospect. What > do people think of each (or others). > > Thanks, > > Tom > Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote: > Thomas Scheiderich <tfs@deltanet.com> wrote: > >>I am looking into various programs to back up my Mac and am trying to >>get opinions on them >> > > Doesn't tar fit your needs? What is that? Tom. > > >>Thanks, >> >>Tom >> > > wogri > > P M Evans wrote: > I use ...

.mac backup perspective
I have upgraded to the newest .mac backup and use it to back up my entire home drive to an external home drive as part of my overall backup strategy. With the new version, it behaves a little different in that rather than creating and maintaining a single backup set it creates a full backup set and then continues to add incremental sets as new files. This looks slick and I understand the theory, but I'm wondering if anybody has been using the new version and understands how to balance the value of the incrementals with not piling up dozens and eventually hundreds of incrementals!...

Quicken backup to .Mac
Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I've tried now in multiple versions, and I always get an error dialog: There was a problem backing up your data file. Quicken was unable to back up your data file because a problem occurred. Please try again later. (010) Anyone have any luck with this, or is it on to Quicken Tech Support <groan>. -- Verne Why not just use automator to back it up for you? I know this isn't the cleanest route to go, but if you're saavy with applescript, you can write one that will run (when scheduled in iCal) whenever you want, dail...

Backup .Mac equivalent
Hi, Is there an equivalent to Backup that comes with .Mac which especially can backup to CD? Regards James J In article <4018dbf6$0$10526$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>, James John <jamesj@nospam.oztralia.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there an equivalent to Backup that comes with .Mac which especially > can backup to CD? Since Backup _can_ write to CD, I assume you're talking about something which isn't tied to the existence of a .Mac account. You've got a couple of options. The closest alternative - effectively matching Backup's behavior wit...

Mac Backup apps
Hello! Do you guys know if Dantz Retrospect will backup to a set spanning multiple CDs? If not any software for Mac OS X that will do it? Some of the backup software I've seen and tried seem to do a copy only, and if it doesn't fit on a single disc they just don't do it. Thanks in advance :) -- Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449 Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews): http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028 Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp In article...

.mac.backup.restore?
I want to save Entourage settings and Safari settings on my 100meg of space on my idisk. To do so, I had to stuff Users Office X to bring it from 1223mg to 80 mg. Now, how does Restore work? The above file is stuffed, I will want it to go to my desktop and then I will unstuff it and put in in the right place? Can this be done? What about the Safari Settings that are ready to be checked in the Backup window? If I click on Restore after having saved this file to my idisk, is the saved file downloaded and then automatically put in the right place to replace the Safari settings on the h.drive? ...

Vector graphic for Mac
What is the best free software to create vector graphics (SVG or eps) for Macintosh? In article <ekoua6$uoh$1@nnrp-beta.newsland.it>, "LordBeotian" <pokipsy76@ANTISPAMyahoo.it> wrote: > What is the best free software to create vector graphics (SVG or eps) for > Macintosh? LB- I don't know of anything free, but some Macs came with AppleWorks. It has a limited vector graphics capability in its "draw" mode. If you happen to have Microsoft Powerpoint, I understand it has some vector graphics capability, but is a pain to use. There is a commercial product that may be of use to you, called EazyDraw (http://www.eazydraw.com). You can download it for a trial run in demo mode, to see how it works. The latest version is Universal Binary, in case you have an Intel Mac. If there are any free ones out there, I would be interested too! Fred In article <fmmck-4229B3.20112401122006@nntp.aioe.org>, Fred McKenzie <fmmck@aol.com> wrote: > In article <ekoua6$uoh$1@nnrp-beta.newsland.it>, > "LordBeotian" <pokipsy76@ANTISPAMyahoo.it> wrote: > > > What is the best free software to create vector graphics (SVG or eps) for > > Macintosh? > > LB- > > I don't know of anything free, but some Macs came with AppleWorks. It > has a limited vector graphics capability in its "draw" mode. > > If you happen t...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

Web resources about - Selektives Backup? - comp.sys.mac.graphics

Hurrians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Hurrians ( / ˈ h ʊər i ən z / ; cuneiform: 𒄷𒌨𒊑 ; transliteration: Ḫu-ur-ri ) were a people of the Bronze Age Near East . They spoke a ...

ARYANS – Encyclopaedia Iranica
The name “Aryan” is the self designation of the peoples of Ancient India and Ancient Iran who spoke Aryan languages. Aryan is thus basically ...

Hurrians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Hurrians ( cuneiform: 𒄷𒌨𒊑 ; transliteration: Ḫu-ur-ri ) were a people of the Bronze Age Near East . They spoke a Hurro-Urartian language ...