How do you make these "Pink Blip's" disappear? (Miglia Director's Cut)

Hello group!,

     I have this Miglia Director's Cut box which I use with my
iMovie 4
program on my iMac G5 (Mac OS X). Importing video from my videotapes to

my computer is fine. It is when I transfer them to transfering them for

my computer to my DVD recorder where there's a problem. Everytime I try

to transfer something to my TV this "Pink blip" would show up on the
screen for half a second ever so ofetn and go away. The rest of the
video remains unharmed but it screws me up becuase I have to stop the
DVD recorder oh so often and that wastes space and my time.

     Is there anything I can do to make those "Pink blips"
disappear? I
had a iMac G3 (Mac OS 9) before with the Miglia Director's Cut and this

problem NEVER happened. It has only happens with the G5.

WHAT CAN I DO?

comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc 4192 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

90's Game -- Spielberg's "Director's Chair"
This seems like a long shot (get it...long shot?) but is anybody reading this group familiar with a game called Steven Spielberg's Director's Chair from the mid-nineties? Actually, it's more of a movie- studio familiarizer than a game, per se, but it does have its strong points in terms of recreating a certain, Hollywood-y atmosphere. I'm curious because, when I run this program on a Windows 2000 box, I keep hitting an "Internal Error" during my first dip in The Lab. I can hear the first line of dialogue repeat about three times, then it shuts me down. Becau...

There's "Unix", and then there's "UNIX(r)"
From TOW[1]: The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems compliant with its standard, the Single UNIX Specification. Other operating systems that emulate Unix to some extent may be called Unix-like, although the Open Group disapproves of this term.[4] The term Unix is also often used informally to denote any operating system that closely resembles the trademarked system. The most common version of Unix (bearing certification) is Apple's OS X, while Linux is the most popular non...

Cruft collecting in my "Open With" menu's, make's 'em slow
I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.3 on a G4 w/dual 867Mhz processors and 1gbyte (ie. billion bytes) of main ram... When I control-click on an icon, it gives a pop-up menu that includes an "Open With" sub-menu list. Unfortunately, this choices in the "Open With" sub-menu are populated when I just slide my mouse over the "Open With" option. I would prefer it if the choices weren't displayed until I choose that option by stopping on it, or sliding off to the right. Because I have lots of applications and lots of upgrades to applications, the "Open Wit...

Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others.
Needed "data processing magazine" also any of same topic are from 50's 60's 70's such as "Datamation", ACM conference proceedings, Early AFIPS, and others. Also have a requirement for any of the IRE - IEEE publications on early computing. Please advise All eras are fine prefer bound but... loose OK too. address is below. Thanks Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC - - See the Museum's Web Site at www.smecc.org Southwest Museum of Engineering, Communications and Computation Coury House / SMECC Library 5802 W. Palmaire Ave. ...

Why doesn't Python's "robotparser" like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file?
For some reason, Python's parser for "robots.txt" files doesn't like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file: >>> import robotparser >>> url = 'http://wikipedia.org/robots.txt' >>> chk = robotparser.RobotFileParser() >>> chk.set_url(url) >>> chk.read() >>> testurl = 'http://wikipedia.org' >>> chk.can_fetch('Mozilla', testurl) False >>> The Wikipedia robots.txt file passes robots.txt validation, and it doesn't disallow unknown browsers. But the Python pars...

'Here's the thing about Apple's "recent"�success.'
'It isn't recent. The only thing that has changed are some numbers. Some big numbers: largest company in the world, second most profitable company in the world, most profitable retail stores in the world, best-selling smart phone, second best-selling smart phone, best-selling tablet computer, etc. Other numbers have not changed: customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, consumer ratings, etc.' <http://granthuhn.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/heres-the-thing-about-apples-r ecent-success/> -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I c...

Finder's "copy" and shell's "cp" hang
Weird problem... I have a drive -- which I suspect has physical problems and is therefore the root of the problem -- contain quite a number of my photography. Perhaps a half-year's worth of work. While trying to consolidate and organize all of my photos, I ran into a problem whereby Finder hangs when trying to move certain files. The rotten part is that I can't stop the copy (by hitting the x in the copy progress window). I can't even kill off the process (via term's "killall Finder" or "kill -9 [pid]." Finder just hangs. The only solution that I'...

how to make ["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] into ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e'] ?
--001a11c34e8edbc7c404f6a94bbe Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 >>> x=["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] >>> y=x[2] >>> y ['c', 'd'] >>> x.insert(2,y[0]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> x.insert(3,y[1]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> del x[4] >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', &#...

What's with the "OK's?"
Picked up ToEE from EB for 10$. Installed it, hated the 3d/2d engine, loathed the pathfinding with more than 5 members, was quite sceptical of the interface, but had some fun with the combat engine which is fairly addicting, but was shocked that yet again a fantasy RPG has characters that say "OK." I understand that the characters in these games must speak english and that it has to be reasonably vernacular to appeal to everyone the publishers/developers want to buy the game, but OK is a colloquialism in the Fantasy RPG context I cannot abide. My frustrating few minutes with Never...

what's wrong with "make check-fortran"'s result of gfortran 20071130?
FAIL: gfortran.dg/bind_c_usage_16.f03 -O0 execution test FAIL: gfortran.dg/bind_c_usage_16.f03 -O1 execution test FAIL: gfortran.dg/bind_c_usage_16.f03 -O2 execution test FAIL: gfortran.dg/bind_c_usage_16.f03 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer execution test FAIL: gfortran.dg/bind_c_usage_16.f03 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer - funroll-loops execution test FAIL: gfortran.dg/bind_c_usage_16.f03 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer - funroll-all-loops -finline-functions execution test FAIL: gfortran.dg/bind_c_usage_16.f03 -O3 -g execution test FAIL: gfortran.dg/bind_c_usage_16.f03 -Os execution test all the...

What do the authors in The Little Schemer mean by the "function's structure" and "argument's structure"?
Hi all, I finished reading The Little Schemer a few days ago and one of the answers was not clear to me. It's on page 40, 3rd from the top. It's about simplifying the rember function (which removes the first occurrence of an element from a list). The question asks "So why don't we simplify right away?" and the answer is "Because then a function's structure does not coincide with its argument's structure." Any ideas what "a function's structure" and "argument's structure" are? And how do they coincide or not coincide? Here...

Looking for Custom Function Similar to Howard's "Title" and David's "SmarterProper"
Hi, gang - I'm looking for a custom function that would capitalize names and addresses similar to Howard Schlossberg "Title" and David Tremmel's "SmarterProper," both of which are listed on Brian Dunning's cf site. The difference is that instead of having a parameter that specifies a "prefix" list indicating where a capital letter should always be inserted in a word (such as after the prefixes "Mc" or "Mac"), I'd like a parameter that specifies exception words that should always be capitalized as provided in an exceptions list....

Tom's Hardware benchmarks Intel's first quad-core "Kentsfield"
Logged onto TGdaily's website today to find a really interesting read. They obtained a sample chip of the Quad Core and will have the becnhmarks up on September 11th. The Article currently has some details on the processor, most of the time I hate monday's, but I can't seem to wait for this one! =) Source: http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/09/09/preview_kentsfield_processor/ "Intel's first quad-core processor "Kentsfield" has found its way into the Tom's Hardware test lab. Several weeks before Intel will provide evaluation processors to the press, Tom's Hardw...

It's on-it's off-it's on, it's off -WHY?
IS THIS THE CORRECT FORUM? Hope so. We have three computer networked at home...all with Windows XP. one of those is a laptop. Some mornings all 3 can see each other and transfer files...then mysteriously one or more will disappear. No contact....then later it's back. The laptop is the worst. Most often it won't let us in...but sometimes it will. No obvious reason. The most INFURIATING part is the message "see your administrator". Dammit Bill Gates...don't you realize that most networks are small offices without a Majestic Royal Administrator sitting his i...

Web resources about - How do you make these "Pink Blip's" disappear? (Miglia Director's Cut) - comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc