Mac and non Mac Partition

Hello,

I want to use my mac to copy some files to mp3 players or other portable
stup.
The problem for instance in a Fat16 partion the mac write some
"._blahblah" files.
And some player doesn't like these file and get frozen. I have to plug
the player (or it's memory card) to a Pc, the remove these file in order
to make it working.

Is there a way to avoid this ?

Thanks

John
0
John
7/2/2009 2:45:03 PM
comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc 4192 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In article <4a4cc7f2$0$12658$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>,
 John <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use my mac to copy some files to mp3 players or other portable
> stup.
> The problem for instance in a Fat16 partion the mac write some
> "._blahblah" files.
> And some player doesn't like these file and get frozen. I have to plug
> the player (or it's memory card) to a Pc, the remove these file in order
> to make it working.
>
> Is there a way to avoid this ?

I don't know how to avoid it but if you're willing to use the Terminal
you can:

   find <path to directory> -iname "\.[^\.]+" -exec rm -r {} \;

which says:
search the specified path for and remove any file or directory whose
name begins with a '.' followed by at least one character which is not a
'.'

Directories '.' and '..' represent the current directory and parent
directory, respectively.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint =  5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3  7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
0
Tom
7/2/2009 4:05:08 PM
In article <4a4cc7f2$0$12658$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>,
 John <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use my mac to copy some files to mp3 players or other portable
> stup.
> The problem for instance in a Fat16 partion the mac write some
> "._blahblah" files.
> And some player doesn't like these file and get frozen. I have to plug
> the player (or it's memory card) to a Pc, the remove these file in order
> to make it working.
>
> Is there a way to avoid this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Maybe BlueHarvest can help
<http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/>
0
Bob
7/3/2009 2:46:41 AM
Thanks Tom
0
John
7/4/2009 12:28:01 PM
Thanks Bob
0
John
7/4/2009 12:28:49 PM
Bob Harris <nospam.News.Bob@remove.Smith-Harris.us> wrote:

> In article <4a4cc7f2$0$12658$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>,
>  John <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to use my mac to copy some files to mp3 players or other portable
> > stup.
> > The problem for instance in a Fat16 partion the mac write some
> > "._blahblah" files.
> > And some player doesn't like these file and get frozen. I have to plug
> > the player (or it's memory card) to a Pc, the remove these file in order
> > to make it working.
> >
> > Is there a way to avoid this ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John
>
> Maybe BlueHarvest can help
> <http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/>

Seconded on that, use the same bit of software to make the USB stick
work on my car headunit.
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.