Mac to MAc Firewire

Hey all

Looking for some help.
I am trying to use a 6-6pin 1394 cable to connect two iBooks together and
transfer some large files.

iBook 1 dual USB 'white' iBook OS 9.2
iBook 2 G4 OSx 10.2

I boot iBook 1 into 'target drive' mode and get the firewire icon dancing
about the screen then connect it to iBook 2
but the drive does not appear on the desktop. I have tried all combinations
of rebooting/ connecting before and after rebooting
but nothing seams to work.
When the firewire is plugged in the target disk makes a short noise then
nothing the host does not appear to react at all.
I assumend that the drive would appear in a matter of seconds? Is there a
setting that needs to be activated?
Starting to wonder if it is the cable. Need to find a different one to try
tonight.

 Any help appreciated

    Rgds RS

comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc 4192 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In <41a2ffa3$1_1@baen1673807.greenlnk.net> Robin Strain wrote:
> Hey all
>
> Looking for some help.
> I am trying to use a 6-6pin 1394 cable to connect two iBooks together
> and transfer some large files.
>
> iBook 1 dual USB 'white' iBook OS 9.2
> iBook 2 G4 OSx 10.2
>
> I boot iBook 1 into 'target drive' mode and get the firewire icon
> dancing about the screen then connect it to iBook 2 but the drive does
> not appear on the desktop. I have tried all combinations of rebooting/
> connecting before and after rebooting but nothing seams to work. When
> the firewire is plugged in the target disk makes a short noise then
> nothing the host does not appear to react at all. I assumend that the
> drive would appear in a matter of seconds? Is there a setting that
> needs to be activated? Starting to wonder if it is the cable. Need to
> find a different one to try tonight.
>
>  Any help appreciated
>
>     Rgds RS

Connect the iBooks first and then reboot one iBook into Target mode. You
will get the second iBook mounted on your desktop.

Remember connect first and then reboot into target mode.

Good luck.
0
Chey