MacBook Mousing

Mac 4.1
10.7

Box responses not to touchpad clicks; and more so with a mouse.

Can't leftclick at all.  Some places a right click works as a
left one.

Tried starting with shift down, took ten+ min to boot, same
issue. Did get to SysPref Mouse but nothing lept out at me.

Is there a plist somewhere I can delete to take the trackpad out
of the picture....???

David
8/16/2014 3:26:10 AM
comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc 4192 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Salut David

In article <lsmj0i$50h$1@reader1.panix.com>,
 David Lesher <wb8foz@panix.com> wrote:

> Mac 4.1

MacBookPro4,1?

> 10.7
>
> Box responses not to touchpad clicks; and more so with a mouse.
>
> Can't leftclick at all.  Some places a right click works as a
> left one.
>
> Tried starting with shift down, took ten+ min to boot, same
> issue. Did get to SysPref Mouse but nothing lept out at me.
>
> Is there a plist somewhere I can delete to take the trackpad out
> of the picture....???

I don't understand: the Mac works with a mouse but not with the trackpad?

If so, take out the battery and check if the trackpad works again.

If it worksthid way, your Mac probably has a bulged battery that pushes
to the trackpad from the underside.

In that case don't use that battery any more.

Cheers
Andreas

--
MacAndreas Rutishauser, <http://www.MacAndreas.ch>
EDV-Dienstleistungen, Hard- und Software, Internet und Netzwerk
Andreas Rutishauser <andreas@macandreas.ch> writes:

>> Mac 4.1

>MacBookPro4,1?

No, MacBook 4,1
I think it's a MB404LL/A (Black)

>> 10.7

>I don't understand: the Mac works with a mouse but not with the trackpad?

No, it is wonky with an external mouse as well.

>If so, take out the battery and check if the trackpad works again.

>If it worksthid way, your Mac probably has a bulged battery that pushes
>to the trackpad from the underside.

BTDTGTTS.  It's a dead battery but not bulged.

David
8/17/2014 2:24:13 AM
David Lesher <wb8foz@panix.com> wrote:

> Mac[Book]4.1
> 10.7
>
> Box responses not to touchpad clicks; and more so with a mouse.
>
> Can't leftclick at all.  Some places a right click works as a
> left one.
>
> Tried starting with shift down, took ten+ min to boot, same
> issue. Did get to SysPref Mouse but nothing lept out at me.
>
> Is there a plist somewhere I can delete to take the trackpad out
> of the picture....???

If an external mouse (known good on another computer) can't do a left
click either, it sounds like your trackpad button is stuck down.

I'm not aware of a method supported by OS X of disabling the built-in
trackpad (or just its button). There may be third party utilities which
can do this, perhaps one of the keyboard macro utilities?

One option might be to locate and disable the kernel extension which
provides the driver for the built-in keyboard and trackpad (in recent
Macs they are usually a single combined USB peripheral), as long as the
same driver isn't also responsible for an external keyboard and mouse.
If this is feasible, you would need to use an external keyboard and
mouse.

--
David Empson
dempson@actrix.gen.nz

In article <lsp3oc$3ah$1@reader1.panix.com>,
 David Lesher <wb8foz@panix.com> wrote:

> Andreas Rutishauser <andreas@macandreas.ch> writes:
>
> >> Mac 4.1
>
> >MacBookPro4,1?
>
> No, MacBook 4,1
> I think it's a MB404LL/A (Black)
>
> >> 10.7
>
> >I don't understand: the Mac works with a mouse but not with the trackpad?
>
> No, it is wonky with an external mouse as well.

ok, so what I wrote about the battery is not relevant...

What you could try as a test:
Go to the "Universal Access" control panel.
Choose "Mouse & Trackpad"
Choose "Trackpad Options"
Check "Ignore buiilt-in trackpad when mouse or..."

If the mouse then works as it should, yo know that the trackpad is the
problem...

Cheers
Andreas

--
MacAndreas Rutishauser, <http://www.MacAndreas.ch>
EDV-Dienstleistungen, Hard- und Software, Internet und Netzwerk
Beratung, Unterstuetzung und Schulung
<mailto:andreas@MacAndreas.ch>, Fon: 044 / 721 36 47
0
Andreas
8/17/2014 6:26:26 AM
Andreas Rutishauser <andreas@macandreas.ch> writes:

>What you could try as a test:
>Go to the "Universal Access" control panel.
>Choose "Mouse & Trackpad"
>Choose "Trackpad Options"
>Check "Ignore buiilt-in trackpad when mouse or..."

The issue is doing these steps when you do not have a
working pointing device....

David
8/17/2014 4:49:37 PM
David Lesher wrote:
> Andreas Rutishauser <andreas@macandreas.ch> writes:
>

>> What you could try as a test:
>> Go to the "Universal Access" control panel.
>> Choose "Mouse & Trackpad"
>> Choose "Trackpad Options"
>> Check "Ignore buiilt-in trackpad when mouse or..."
>
> The issue is doing these steps when you do not have a
> working pointing device....

Keyboard skills, much?
http://lifehacker.com/learn-to-navigate-all-of-os-x-with-keyboard-shortcuts-a-1578496448

http://www.danrodney.com/mac/

HTH

--
http://www.wolfandwildlifestudies.com/index.php
www.friendsofanimals.org |www.snuhwolf.9f.com|

FS: misc. Mac/PC hardware/software stuff
Apple Power Mac 7300/200 2G HD 512 RAM (Kingston) & manuals $50 Sony CPD-100VS monitor $25 Sony VAIO PCV-90 $50 Global Village Teleport 56K modem $25 Global Village Platinum 28.8 modem & manuals $25 SoundBlaster speakers $25 Iomega SCSI Zip 100 MB external drive $25 Iomega SCSI Jaz 2 G external drive $25 100 MB Zip disks $1 each (14) 250 MB Zip disks $3 each (26) 1 G Jaz disks $5 each (19) 2 G Jaz disks $7 each (3) Lacie 1 GB SCSI external drive $25 Palm Vx PDA $25 Agfa Arcus SCSI scanner (brand new, never used) $50 ATI video card 8 MB $20 ...

HDs for graphics
Here's my scenario... can't afford to, can't afford not to. I've been working without a net for way too long and it's catching up to me. My only backup has been zips and they have proven inadequate and too costly. It seems that any technical knowledge I once had has either become out-dated or has been forgotten:( Problems that have been occurring: Not enough memory messages, not enough disk space messages, programs quitting, not a lot of freezing surprisingly. And, in high-res in Photoshop or Illustrator with raster images.... crawling-apply-a-brush-stroke-and-go-to-lunch ...

I hate Mac OS, Macbooks, and basically anything Mac!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2232734029 I hate Mac OS, Macbooks, and basically anything Mac! Simple Fact: Windows vs. Mac = Light vs. Darkness Are you sick of those commercials, and many people with Apple computers who think they are better than you because of the computer they have? Do they try to convert you and tell you that Apples are cool, because they are shiny white or black and have a nifty apple logo that lights up when you turn it on? Well the truth has finally come out: MACINTOSH MYTHS ---------------------------------------------------------------- *Get the Facts a...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

mac mouse
I plugged my BIL's shitty mac two button mouse into my XP machine. It worked great. In article <LhKig.18360$EX2.13418@bignews5.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > I plugged my BIL's shitty mac two button mouse into my XP machine. It worked > great. Ah, that's a five-button mouse, so somethings broken on that XP machine! In article <LhKig.18360$EX2.13418@bignews5.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > I plugged my BIL's shitty mac two button mouse into my XP machine. It worked > great. B...

Mac to mac

To Mac or not to Mac?

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

mouse.sys
Hello All; Are there any command line switches that can be used with IBMs mouse.sys and USBmouse.sys? This combination recognizes the wheel and two buttons on my mouse, but it has three buttons. The wheel itself is a button and was recognized before I had a system crash and had to reinstall. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Sir: Keith Marjerison wrote: > Hello All; > Are there any command line switches that can be used with IBMs > mouse.sys and USBmouse.sys? This combination recognizes the wheel and > two buttons on my mouse, but it has three butt...

Hardware with Mac
I'm in the final stages of planning a move to Mac after using MSDOS/Windows computers since the early Intel 8088 days. If I make the switch it will be to either the desktop or portable dual core Mac. I've asked in another forum about the software I might need and wonder about printers, scanners etc. I use a Canon miltifunction and don't see anything on the CD about a Mac OS so I'm assuming I'll need a new printer/scanner etc. I've always like HP and I know they make several models...are any of them Mac operational? If not, is there a multi function un...

Transferring hardware from Mac to Mac, reactivating OS X not necessary
I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001) yesterday. I transferred the four hard drives, the CompUSA 5 port USB 2 card and the Sonnett Tempo ATA133 IDE card from the Sawtooth to the Quicksilver. The QS booted without issues, the hardware showed up properly in System Proflier, and I am able to access the Web, newsgroups and email. The only thing I had to re enter was the Drive Genius serial. And most important, I did not have to reactivate Tiger. I wonder why, Wintrolls. Just one more reason OS X is superior to Windoze. Chance Furlong wrote: > I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001...

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Web resources about - MacBook Mousing - comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc

MacBook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Apple Inc. computer called "MacBook" sold until 2011. For the MacBook family as a whole, see MacBook family . For the ...

Cheap MacBook
Cheap MacBook Sale Apple MacBook Pro & Apple MacBook Air Sale Best Apple MacBook 2012 Big Saving Fast Shipping.

MacBook Air - CrunchBase Profile
The MacBook Air has an aluminum unibody design, and it’s part of what allows MacBook Air to weigh only 3.0

MacBook Air News and Rumors - Mac Rumors
Following yesterday's leak of Mac Pro part numbers , AppleInsider now posts a full list of 27 new part numbers said to be on their way to resellers ...

MacBook Pro News and Rumors - Mac Rumors
While Apple's new Retina MacBook Pro includes a display measuring 2880x1800 pixels, the default display options do not allow users to run their ...

MacBook Pro backlit keyboard - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Remko van Dokkum's photos on Flickr. Remko van Dokkum has uploaded 13976 photos to Flickr.

Lenovo, LG and HP launched MacBook-like laptops in CES 2016
Lenovo, LG and HP unveiled two-in-one laptops similar to Apple’s Retina MacBook in CES 2016.

Quick Review: Incase’s 12″ MacBook Neoprene Classic Sleeve + ICON Sleeve perfectly fit the ultra-slim ...
Today we’re taking a quick look at two Incase sleeves made specifically for Apple’s 12″ Retina MacBook. Neoprene Classic Sleeve ( $39.95 ) comes ...

HP’s EliteBook Folio is basically a MacBook with two ports and that’s great
... impact on the rest of the industry. Early systems released under Intel's "Ultrabook" label , created back in 2011 as a way to subsidize MacBook ...

Xiaomi's new ultrabook goes up against Apple's MacBook Air
... usual additions, such as a front-facing camera and headphone port. The laptop also looks the part, already drawing comparisons with the MacBook ...