f



My free macbook pro

A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
"stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad. My 
questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to boot 
from an OS X dvd rom, right? Its my understanding that the power 
adapters are specific to the model, yes?

-- 
http://signon.org/sign/protect-americas-wolves
www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.savewolves.org
    _____  ____  ____ __ /\_/\ __      _ ______   _____
   / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \  \  __\
  _\ \/    / /_/ / _  / \     / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\  _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/   \_@_/   \__|\__|\____/\____\_\
0
ISO
8/12/2014 1:01:01 AM
comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc 4192 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

14 Replies
480 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35

In article <lsdp8b$ib9$1@dont-email.me>, �n�hw��f
<snuhwolf@netscape.net> wrote:

> >>>> A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
> >>>> "stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad.
> >>> then replace it. depending on which 15" version, it's anywhere from
> >>> fairly easy to medium difficulty.
> >>>
> 
> I found instructions on extreme tech about the proceedure. Just a lot of 
> little screws and some delicate ribbon cables.

pick your poison:
<https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Mac>

you said yours is an a1226, so it's:
<https://www.ifixit.com/Device/MacBook_Pro_15%22_Core_2_Duo_Models_A1226
_and_A1260>

> >>>> My questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to
> >>>> boot
> >>>> from an OS X dvd rom, right? 
> >>> you can if there's sufficient charge in the battery and if you have a
> >>> bootable disc.
> >>>
> Would I need the DVD of OS X that came with it or would a later version 
> (assuming something along the lines of OS X 10.5.6) work?

the dvd that came with the computer is model specific and only works on
that version of the macbook pro. 

with rare exception, it won't work with an earlier or later macbook pro
or another model such as an imac or mini.

a retail dvd is *not* model specific and will boot any compatible mac
that can run the version on the dvd.

lion and later do not ship on dvd (although lion was available on a usb
stick) and you will need 10.6.6 or later to be able to download and
install it.

> >> Recent MacBook Pro models (with retina display and no optical drive) and
> >> recent MacBook Air models require a "MagSafe 2" adapter. (These models
> >> can also also use a "MagSafe" adapter in conjunction with a "MagSafe to
> >> MagSafe 2 Converter".)
> > 
> > he said old 15" macbook, so it's almost certain to not be a retina
> > macbook and therefore not a magsafe 2 plug.
> 
> I found the model number on the back. Model A1226

that's a mid/late 2007 model with core 2 duo.

> assembled in China
> Rated 18.5V 4.6A Max

that's 85 watts, which is what a 15" wants (but will work on lower
power with limitations).
0
nospam
8/12/2014 1:01:01 AM
In article <lsd2io$fiv$1@news.albasani.net>, ���hw��f
<snuhwolf@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
> "stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad. 

then replace it. depending on which 15" version, it's anywhere from
fairly easy to medium difficulty.

> My questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to boot 
> from an OS X dvd rom, right? 

you can if there's sufficient charge in the battery and if you have a
bootable disc.

> Its my understanding that the power 
> adapters are specific to the model, yes?

no. 

any magsafe adapter will work, although an 85 watt unit is preferred.
0
nospam
8/12/2014 1:02:57 PM
nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> In article <lsd2io$fiv$1@news.albasani.net>, ���hw��f
> <snuhwolf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
> > A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
> > "stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad.
> 
> then replace it. depending on which 15" version, it's anywhere from
> fairly easy to medium difficulty.
> 
> > My questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to boot
> > from an OS X dvd rom, right? 
> 
> you can if there's sufficient charge in the battery and if you have a
> bootable disc.
> 
> > Its my understanding that the power 
> > adapters are specific to the model, yes?
> 
> no. 
> 
> any magsafe adapter will work, although an 85 watt unit is preferred.

Apple's document (see below) recommends not using a lower rated power
adapter than the one expected by the computer. For a 15" MacBook Pro,
that means you should use an 85W adapter.

One other point worth clarifying: Apple has both "MagSafe" and "MagSafe
2" adapters. "MagSafe 2" has a thinner and wider plug at the computer
end.

Recent MacBook Pro models (with retina display and no optical drive) and
recent MacBook Air models require a "MagSafe 2" adapter. (These models
can also also use a "MagSafe" adapter in conjunction with a "MagSafe to
MagSafe 2 Converter".)

Older MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models need a "MagSafe" power
adapter and cannot use a "MagSafe 2" power adapter.

If the MacBook Pro the OP has been given has an optical drive, then it
expects a "MagSafe" adapter.

The following article has general information about MagSafe and MagSafe
2 adapters, power ratings, compatible models, etc.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2346

-- 
David Empson
dempson@actrix.gen.nz
0
dempson
8/12/2014 3:32:59 PM
In article <1lqarlt.jshn9w14disx8N%dempson@actrix.gen.nz>, David Empson
<dempson@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> > > A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
> > > "stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad.
> > 
> > then replace it. depending on which 15" version, it's anywhere from
> > fairly easy to medium difficulty.
> > 
> > > My questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to boot
> > > from an OS X dvd rom, right? 
> > 
> > you can if there's sufficient charge in the battery and if you have a
> > bootable disc.
> > 
> > > Its my understanding that the power 
> > > adapters are specific to the model, yes?
> > 
> > no. 
> > 
> > any magsafe adapter will work, although an 85 watt unit is preferred.
> 
> Apple's document (see below) recommends not using a lower rated power
> adapter than the one expected by the computer. For a 15" MacBook Pro,
> that means you should use an 85W adapter.

it's recommended but not required. any magsafe adapter will work.

magsafe tells the host how much power is available and will use only up
to what's available.

that means that a 60w adapter *may* not be enough to run and charge at
the same time, but that's only if the laptop is cranking hard. with
normal use, 60w is enough to do both. 

a 45w adapter, as is supplied with a macbook air, is pushing it a bit
and is likely to run *or* charge. apple's shitty airline adapter only
outputs 40w and supposedly works with any macbook (for some definition
of 'work').

> One other point worth clarifying: Apple has both "MagSafe" and "MagSafe
> 2" adapters. "MagSafe 2" has a thinner and wider plug at the computer
> end.

yes, which is why i said magsafe and not magsafe 2.

> Recent MacBook Pro models (with retina display and no optical drive) and
> recent MacBook Air models require a "MagSafe 2" adapter. (These models
> can also also use a "MagSafe" adapter in conjunction with a "MagSafe to
> MagSafe 2 Converter".)

he said old 15" macbook, so it's almost certain to not be a retina
macbook and therefore not a magsafe 2 plug.
0
nospam
8/12/2014 5:05:39 PM
nospam wrote:
> In article <1lqarlt.jshn9w14disx8N%dempson@actrix.gen.nz>, David Empson
> <dempson@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
> 
>>>> A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
>>>> "stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad.
>>> then replace it. depending on which 15" version, it's anywhere from
>>> fairly easy to medium difficulty.
>>>

I found instructions on extreme tech about the proceedure. Just a lot of 
little screws and some delicate ribbon cables.

>>>> My questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to boot
>>>> from an OS X dvd rom, right? 
>>> you can if there's sufficient charge in the battery and if you have a
>>> bootable disc.
>>>
Would I need the DVD of OS X that came with it or would a later version 
(assuming something along the lines of OS X 10.5.6) work?


>>>> Its my understanding that the power 
>>>> adapters are specific to the model, yes?
>>> no. 
>>>
>>> any magsafe adapter will work, although an 85 watt unit is preferred.
>> Apple's document (see below) recommends not using a lower rated power
>> adapter than the one expected by the computer. For a 15" MacBook Pro,
>> that means you should use an 85W adapter.
> 
> it's recommended but not required. any magsafe adapter will work.
> 
> magsafe tells the host how much power is available and will use only up
> to what's available.
> 
> that means that a 60w adapter *may* not be enough to run and charge at
> the same time, but that's only if the laptop is cranking hard. with
> normal use, 60w is enough to do both. 
> 
> a 45w adapter, as is supplied with a macbook air, is pushing it a bit
> and is likely to run *or* charge. apple's shitty airline adapter only
> outputs 40w and supposedly works with any macbook (for some definition
> of 'work').
> 
>> One other point worth clarifying: Apple has both "MagSafe" and "MagSafe
>> 2" adapters. "MagSafe 2" has a thinner and wider plug at the computer
>> end.
> 
> yes, which is why i said magsafe and not magsafe 2.
> 
>> Recent MacBook Pro models (with retina display and no optical drive) and
>> recent MacBook Air models require a "MagSafe 2" adapter. (These models
>> can also also use a "MagSafe" adapter in conjunction with a "MagSafe to
>> MagSafe 2 Converter".)
> 
> he said old 15" macbook, so it's almost certain to not be a retina
> macbook and therefore not a magsafe 2 plug.

I found the model number on the back. Model A1226
assembled in China
Rated 18.5V 4.6A Max

-- 
http://www.wolfandwildlifestudies.com/index.php
www.friendsofanimals.org |www.snuhwolf.9f.com|
    _____  ____  ____ __ /\_/\ __      _ ______   _____
   / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \  \  __\
  _\ \/    / /_/ / _  / \     / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\  _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/   \_@_/   \__|\__|\____/\____\_\
0
ISO
8/12/2014 7:16:45 PM
Okay, so one time? In band camp? §ñühwö£f <snuhwolf@yahoo.com> was all, like: 
 --> 	 Tue, 12 Aug 2014 06:49:34 -0700 <lsd2io$fiv$1@news.albasani.net>
> A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
> "stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad. My 
> questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to boot 
> from an OS X dvd rom, right? Its my understanding that the power 
> adapters are specific to the model, yes?

Power adaptors are NOT specific to the models, but there have been a
couple of different connectors over the years. A ring shaped one and a
magnetic one are the most common.

If it's a ring shaped plug, those are a bit harder to find.

-- 
I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people
who believe it.
0
Lewis
8/12/2014 9:34:58 PM
In article <slrnlul243.1932.g.kreme@amelia.local>, Lewis
<g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> > A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
> > "stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad. My 
> > questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to boot 
> > from an OS X dvd rom, right? Its my understanding that the power 
> > adapters are specific to the model, yes?
> 
> Power adaptors are NOT specific to the models, 

they aren't specific to the models in that they have custom connectors,
but there are various power outputs which may matter in some cases.

> but there have been a
> couple of different connectors over the years. A ring shaped one and a
> magnetic one are the most common.

ring shaped ones are for the older powerbooks and ibooks which have not
been made for 8 years.

he has a 2007 macbook pro (from another post), so he needs a standard
magsafe adapter, ideally an 85w.

> If it's a ring shaped plug, those are a bit harder to find.

you just said ring and magnetic are the most common.

not that it matters because it wont' work on a macbook.
0
nospam
8/12/2014 10:09:08 PM
nospam wrote:
> In article <lsdp8b$ib9$1@dont-email.me>, �n�hw��f
> <snuhwolf@netscape.net> wrote:
> 
>>>>>> A friend of mine gave me his old macbook pro 15" laptop since it 
>>>>>> "stopped working" and a apple tech told him the hard drive was bad.
>>>>> then replace it. depending on which 15" version, it's anywhere from
>>>>> fairly easy to medium difficulty.
>>>>>
>> I found instructions on extreme tech about the proceedure. Just a lot of 
>> little screws and some delicate ribbon cables.
> 
> pick your poison:
> <https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Mac>
> 
> you said yours is an a1226, so it's:
> <https://www.ifixit.com/Device/MacBook_Pro_15%22_Core_2_Duo_Models_A1226
> _and_A1260>
> 

Thanks. Bookmarked it.

>>>>>> My questions: until he locates the power adapter for it I cant try to
>>>>>> boot
>>>>>> from an OS X dvd rom, right? 
>>>>> you can if there's sufficient charge in the battery and if you have a
>>>>> bootable disc.
>>>>>
>> Would I need the DVD of OS X that came with it or would a later version 
>> (assuming something along the lines of OS X 10.5.6) work?
> 
> the dvd that came with the computer is model specific and only works on
> that version of the macbook pro. 
> 
> with rare exception, it won't work with an earlier or later macbook pro
> or another model such as an imac or mini.
> 
> a retail dvd is *not* model specific and will boot any compatible mac
> that can run the version on the dvd.
> 
> lion and later do not ship on dvd (although lion was available on a usb
> stick) and you will need 10.6.6 or later to be able to download and
> install it.
>
So I'm going to have to build a fire under him to dig up that OEM 
installation disk :)


>>>> Recent MacBook Pro models (with retina display and no optical drive) and
>>>> recent MacBook Air models require a "MagSafe 2" adapter. (These models
>>>> can also also use a "MagSafe" adapter in conjunction with a "MagSafe to
>>>> MagSafe 2 Converter".)
>>> he said old 15" macbook, so it's almost certain to not be a retina
>>> macbook and therefore not a magsafe 2 plug.
>> I found the model number on the back. Model A1226
> 
> that's a mid/late 2007 model with core 2 duo.
> 
>> assembled in China
>> Rated 18.5V 4.6A Max
> 
> that's 85 watts, which is what a 15" wants (but will work on lower
> power with limitations).

Got it. Now I have a laptop drive laying around that I hope will work:
Samsung 160GB/5400rpm/8M/PATA
Model: HM160HC

Is it too small capacity wise?
-- 
http://signon.org/sign/protect-americas-wolves
www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.savewolves.org
    _____  ____  ____ __ /\_/\ __      _ ______   _____
   / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \  \  __\
  _\ \/    / /_/ / _  / \     / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\  _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/   \_@_/   \__|\__|\____/\____\_\
0
ISO
8/13/2014 1:01:01 AM
Salut  �n�hw��f

In article <lsdp8b$ib9$1@dont-email.me>,
 �n�hw��f <snuhwolf@netscape.net> wrote:

> Would I need the DVD of OS X that came with it or would a later version 
> (assuming something along the lines of OS X 10.5.6) work?

Model A1226 shipped with Mac OS X 10.4.9, 10.4.10 or 10.5 

A later _retail_ DVD will work, but some of the iLife applications will 
not be included (iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, Garageband)

Cheers
Andreas

-- 
MacAndreas Rutishauser, <http://www.MacAndreas.ch> 
EDV-Dienstleistungen, Hard- und Software, Internet und Netzwerk
Beratung, Unterstuetzung und Schulung
<mailto:andreas@MacAndreas.ch>, Fon: 044 / 721 36 47
0
Andreas
8/13/2014 4:29:46 AM
In article <andreas-6AE977.06294613082014@news.individual.de>, Andreas
Rutishauser <andreas@macandreas.ch> wrote:

> > Would I need the DVD of OS X that came with it or would a later version 
> > (assuming something along the lines of OS X 10.5.6) work?
> 
> Model A1226 shipped with Mac OS X 10.4.9, 10.4.10 or 10.5 
> 
> A later _retail_ DVD will work, but some of the iLife applications will 
> not be included (iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, Garageband)

ilife is not included since ilife is not part of os x.

it was a separate purchase and also bundled into the box set.

if he has the older version, it will likely continue to work.
0
nospam
8/13/2014 4:49:40 AM
In article <lsfo8h$qb0$1@news.albasani.net>, ���hw��f
<snuhwolf@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So I'm going to have to build a fire under him to dig up that OEM 
> installation disk :)

that will make things easier, but it's not the only way.

the disc that came with the computer is an older version than the
latest that it will run. snow leopard (10.6) is ideal for that system,
although later versions will work.

you can probably find a retail copy on ebay for very little. on the
other hand, if he finds the disc, that would be free.

> Got it. Now I have a laptop drive laying around that I hope will work:
> Samsung 160GB/5400rpm/8M/PATA
> Model: HM160HC
> 
> Is it too small capacity wise?

how much stuff do you plan to put on it?

the os itself doesn't need much space.
0
nospam
8/13/2014 6:07:48 PM
nospam wrote:
> In article <lsfo8h$qb0$1@news.albasani.net>, ���hw��f
> <snuhwolf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
>> So I'm going to have to build a fire under him to dig up that OEM 
>> installation disk :)
> 
> that will make things easier, but it's not the only way.
> 
> the disc that came with the computer is an older version than the
> latest that it will run. snow leopard (10.6) is ideal for that system,
> although later versions will work.
> 
> you can probably find a retail copy on ebay for very little. on the
> other hand, if he finds the disc, that would be free.
> 
Free is the favorable option (since it comes with additional software) 
but barring that I'll opt for 10.6


>> Got it. Now I have a laptop drive laying around that I hope will work:
>> Samsung 160GB/5400rpm/8M/PATA
>> Model: HM160HC
>>
>> Is it too small capacity wise?
> 
> how much stuff do you plan to put on it?
>
Not much. I'm trying to get it going to become fluent in MAC OS X. I 
bought used powermacs to learn OSes 7-9.


> the os itself doesn't need much space.

If OSX  fits on the drive I got then I'll just put extraneous stuff on 
USB  keys.

-- 
http://www.wolfandwildlifestudies.com/index.php
www.friendsofanimals.org |www.snuhwolf.9f.com|
    _____  ____  ____ __ /\_/\ __      _ ______   _____
   / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \  \  __\
  _\ \/    / /_/ / _  / \     / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\  _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/   \_@_/   \__|\__|\____/\____\_\
0
ISO
8/13/2014 7:50:33 PM
Andreas Rutishauser wrote:
> In article <lsfo8h$qb0$1@news.albasani.net>,
>  �??hw?�f <snuhwolf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
>> Got it. Now I have a laptop drive laying around that I hope will work:
>> Samsung 160GB/5400rpm/8M/PATA
>> Model: HM160HC
> 
> it won't fit. You need a disk with SATA interface.

Damn. Maybe when I get the charger & installation CD's I can revive the 
one thats already in it. He wound up buying a new laptop from the 
"repair tech" along with a new router and all-in-one print/scanner. So 
he may have been "upgraded" without necessity. I guess I could go 
hi-tech and get a SSD drive for it if all else fails :)

>> Is it too small capacity wise?
> 
> depends... The size is one of the sizes that this model came with 
> (varied from 120 to 250GB)
> 
> Cheers
> Andreas
> 
Thanks, found a page showing the different connectors SATA vs PATA.


-- 
http://signon.org/sign/protect-americas-wolves
www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.savewolves.org
    _____  ____  ____ __ /\_/\ __      _ ______   _____
   / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \  \  __\
  _\ \/    / /_/ / _  / \     / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\  _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/   \_@_/   \__|\__|\____/\____\_\
0
ISO
8/14/2014 1:01:01 AM
In article <lsfo8h$qb0$1@news.albasani.net>,
 ���hw��f <snuhwolf@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Got it. Now I have a laptop drive laying around that I hope will work:
> Samsung 160GB/5400rpm/8M/PATA
> Model: HM160HC

it won't fit. You need a disk with SATA interface.
> 
> Is it too small capacity wise?

depends... The size is one of the sizes that this model came with 
(varied from 120 to 250GB)

Cheers
Andreas

-- 
MacAndreas Rutishauser, <http://www.MacAndreas.ch> 
EDV-Dienstleistungen, Hard- und Software, Internet und Netzwerk
Beratung, Unterstuetzung und Schulung
<mailto:andreas@MacAndreas.ch>, Fon: 044 / 721 36 47
0
Andreas
8/14/2014 4:26:52 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to change a MacBook Pro into a desktop Mac Pro?
I tried to smuggle my Mac Pro into my airplane seat, but they drew the line when I fired up the 208 vac power supply it operates on. ....so I am stuck with trying to make my MacBook Pro act like a Mac desktop machine. Few questions for any expert RoadWarriors out there: 1) Can I run two FireWire 800 external drives at the same time on a MacBook? In other words, some way to get the Mac to run more than one FW 800 ext' drive? 2) Can I force the MacBook fan to stay on all the time? I commonly transfer 86 GB files with my poor suffering MacBook, that is really killing th...

Mac Pro or Mac Book Pro?
I want to get into Final Cut Pro. I also want to start using Adobe CS3. I am a Flash designer. I may want to get into Maya as well. Can a Mac Book Pro handle all of this? Or should I go for a Mac Pro? Any suggestions? Thanks On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:19:57 -0500, Healthy Stealthy wrote (in article <1182046797.747411.68630@u2g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>): > I want to get into Final Cut Pro. I also want to start using Adobe CS3. I > am a Flash designer. I may want to get into Maya as well. > > Can a Mac Book Pro handle all of this? Or should I go for a Mac Pro? > >...

Free MacBook Pro
Free Macbook Pro: http://tinyurl.com/gnqjp Just visit the site,follow the directions, and refer some friends. Simple. Free. Legit. A little more info about the fastest Mac laptop to date: Performance squared MacBook Pro is built upon the revolutionary Intel Core Duo - which packs the power of two processors (up to 2.16GHz) inside a single chip. It provides 2MB of Smart Cache, L2 cache that can be shared between both cores as needed. It delivers higher performance in 2D and 3D graphics, video editing, and music encoding. And the new engine is only part of the story. MacBook Pro has a front...

Macbook or Macbook Pro
Hi I considering purchasing one of these laptops but I can't decide which one. I will be running Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXpress, and probably MS Office. Not all at the same time, probably two at once, maybe 3. Would the Macbook with a gig of ram suffice, or would the Pro be a better choice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Elon UseNetServer wrote: > I considering purchasing one of these laptops but I can't decide which one. > I will be running Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXpress, and > probably > MS Office. Not all at th...

MacBook and MacBook Pro
OK, help me understand it, what do we get with MacBook Pro that is lacking in ordinary MacBook now? Kiran <kiran@no.email> wrote: > OK, help me understand it, what do we get with MacBook Pro that is > lacking in ordinary MacBook now? See: <http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/comparison_chart.html> -- /Jon For mail address, run the following in Terminal: echo 36199371860304980107073482417748002696458P|dc Skype: storhaugen Well basically not too much - a separate video card that will drive a 30" display (if you can afford one) rather than onboard video, a backl...

Free Macbook Pro #2
Hey Guys, Check out this site: Click here: http://freemacbookpro.com/index.php?referral=630601 They're giving away the new macbook pro! Thanks! WGM722@gmail.com wrote: > Hey Guys, > Check out this site: Click here: > http://freemacbookpro.com/index.php?referral=630601 > They're giving away the new macbook pro! > > Thanks! Hey guy! Go fuck yourself! Thanks! -- http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/ http://theunfunnysequel.ytmnd.com/ http://peeweemisseshisbike.ytmnd.com/ On 5 Aug 2006 11:40:43 -0700, "WGM722@gmail.com" <WGM722@gmail.com> wrote: >...

How good is MacBook Pro hardware?
Dear friends: How good is MacBook Pro hardware? I have one since a couple of years, and I needed to repair it three times: One to change the motherboard because the nVidia problem (paid by Apple), one to change the CD-DVD hardware (paid by me), and one to change a noisy fan (paid by me). In the past, I had three IBM-Lenovo notebooks, and never they needed to go to the repair shop. Is my problem a result of bad luck, or a common issue? The software and the architecture of my Apple machine is outstanding, however. Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive ...

Could you recommend me this hardware for my next MacBook Pro?
Dear friends: I understand that the new MacBook Pro don't have an "Audio In" jack, as the older ones. Could you recommend me an Audio to USB adapter for it? It should handle two channels (stereo), at a CD quality at least (44.1 kbps and 16 bits), analog and digital input. That is the minimum. Normally, I use these capabilities to transfer my old LPs to WAV or MP3 files. If also it can be used on my iPad through the camera adapter, using the software "Auria", much better, but it is not necessary. Thanks a lot again!!! -- Enviado desde mi iPad usando N...

Get leukemia FREE with the Mac Pro!
Two french laboratories, Analytica and l�Institut national de l�environnement industriel et des risques (In�ris) say the Mac Pro leaks dangerous fumes, amongst which, benzene, a chemical which affects the bone marrow and may cause leukemia. <http://www.liberation.fr/terre/010133618-mac-pro-le-pepin-toxique-pour-apple> Apple says Steve Job's shares fare well and there can't be a problem. G5 don't leak either. French studies, you know... Take a deep breath! Macs are top quality, that's what you pay big money for. <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10055928-37.ht...

Re: How good is MacBook Pro hardware?
In article ieq7n51cdopge37nabqgj2c4iv8hllr4jl@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis at jiclbchSINBASURA@attglobal.net wrote on 2/11/10 6:31 AM: .... > > Nick Naym <nicknaym@_remove_this_gmail.com.invalid> wrote: .... .... >> >> I can't comment on English literacy in Canada, but, IMO, Juan's language >> skills far, far exceed those of most Americans. > > Thank you very much for your comments. > > But sometimes, specially in technological groups but not in the > classical music groups where I also participate, I receive some rude > comments about my ...

free free free
Your affiliate ID is: g1272750 ...

free free free
Simply follow the instructions below and in 2 to 3 weeks, you will have at least $40,000 dollars in your PayPal account http://clix.to/thebest ...

free free free
http://sanarga.googlepages.com Lot of freeeeee stuffs like free eBooks, free Movies, free wallpapers, free softwares still many more ...

free free free
http://sanarga.googlepages.com Lot of freeeeee stuffs like free eBooks, free Movies, free wallpapers, free softwares still many more ...

Web resources about - My free macbook pro - comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc

MacBook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Apple Inc. computer called "MacBook" sold until 2011. For the MacBook family as a whole, see MacBook family . For the ...

Cheap MacBook
Cheap MacBook Sale Apple MacBook Pro & Apple MacBook Air Sale Best Apple MacBook 2012 Big Saving Fast Shipping.

MacBook Air - CrunchBase Profile
The MacBook Air has an aluminum unibody design, and it’s part of what allows MacBook Air to weigh only 3.0

MacBook Air News and Rumors - Mac Rumors
Following yesterday's leak of Mac Pro part numbers , AppleInsider now posts a full list of 27 new part numbers said to be on their way to resellers ...

MacBook Pro News and Rumors - Mac Rumors
While Apple's new Retina MacBook Pro includes a display measuring 2880x1800 pixels, the default display options do not allow users to run their ...

MacBook Pro backlit keyboard - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Remko van Dokkum's photos on Flickr. Remko van Dokkum has uploaded 13976 photos to Flickr.

Lenovo, LG and HP launched MacBook-like laptops in CES 2016
Lenovo, LG and HP unveiled two-in-one laptops similar to Apple’s Retina MacBook in CES 2016.

Quick Review: Incase’s 12″ MacBook Neoprene Classic Sleeve + ICON Sleeve perfectly fit the ultra-slim ...
Today we’re taking a quick look at two Incase sleeves made specifically for Apple’s 12″ Retina MacBook. Neoprene Classic Sleeve ( $39.95 ) comes ...

HP’s EliteBook Folio is basically a MacBook with two ports and that’s great
... impact on the rest of the industry. Early systems released under Intel's "Ultrabook" label , created back in 2011 as a way to subsidize MacBook ...

Xiaomi's new ultrabook goes up against Apple's MacBook Air
... usual additions, such as a front-facing camera and headphone port. The laptop also looks the part, already drawing comparisons with the MacBook ...

Resources last updated: 1/26/2016 3:14:57 PM