goon
0
goon
3/1/2016 9:13:16 AM
comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc 4192 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 2016-03-01, goon <goon@yellowcouch.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I received a powerbook 100 with floppy disk drive. The problem is that it does
> not have an adapter. On the back of the mac is written that it needs 2A and
> 7.5 V.
>
> I wonder if the hardware can bootstrap if I use a common notebook adapter
> f the same VA.
>
> There might be something which blocks the current as I tried a 1500mA adapter.
> The screen lighted up but there was no response of the disks.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> goon

You may want to also ask on comp.sys.mac.vintage.

JR
0
Jolly
3/1/2016 4:50:48 PM
In article <slrnndan9c.uij.goon@yellowcouch.org>, goon
<goon@yellowcouch.org> wrote:

> I received a powerbook 100 with floppy disk drive. The problem is that it does
> not have an adapter. On the back of the mac is written that it needs 2A and
> 7.5 V.
>
> I wonder if the hardware can bootstrap if I use a common notebook adapter
> f the same VA.
>
> There might be something which blocks the current as I tried a 1500mA adapter.
> The screen lighted up but there was no response of the disks.

there's a few on ebay.
0
nospam
3/1/2016 6:02:42 PM
In message <slrnndan9c.uij.goon@yellowcouch.org>
  goon <goon@yellowcouch.org> wrote:
> Hello,

> I received a powerbook 100 with floppy disk drive. The problem is that it does
> not have an adapter. On the back of the mac is written that it needs 2A and
> 7.5 V.

> I wonder if the hardware can bootstrap if I use a common notebook adapter
> f the same VA.

> There might be something which blocks the current as I tried a 1500mA adapter.
> The screen lighted up but there was no response of the disks.

1500mA is not 2A.

--
I believe you can joke about anything. -- George Carlin
0
<g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> > I received a powerbook 100 with floppy disk drive. The problem is that it
> > does
> > not have an adapter. On the back of the mac is written that it needs 2A and
> > 7.5 V.
>
> > I wonder if the hardware can bootstrap if I use a common notebook adapter
> > f the same VA.
>
> > There might be something which blocks the current as I tried a 1500mA
> > adapter.
> > The screen lighted up but there was no response of the disks.
>
> 1500mA is not 2A.

that only means it would charge slower.
0
nospam
3/2/2016 3:47:17 PM
In message <020320161047179916%nospam@nospam.invalid>
  nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <slrnndcq8f.2cor.g.kreme@amelia.local>, Lewis
> <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>> > I received a powerbook 100 with floppy disk drive. The problem is that it
>> > does
>> > not have an adapter. On the back of the mac is written that it needs 2A and
>> > 7.5 V.
>>
>> > I wonder if the hardware can bootstrap if I use a common notebook adapter
>> > f the same VA.
>>
>> > There might be something which blocks the current as I tried a 1500mA
>> > adapter.
>> > The screen lighted up but there was no response of the disks.
>>
>> 1500mA is not 2A.

> that only means it would charge slower.

A Powerbook 100 is not going to have a working battery at this point, so
it likely means it will not boot because it doesn't have enough power.

It's also possible the plug has the +/- opposite what the Powerbook 100
expects.

--
Personal isn't the same as important. What sort of person could think
like that? And it dawned on him that while Ankh in the past had had its

> >> 1500mA is not 2A.
>
> > that only means it would charge slower.
>
> A Powerbook 100 is not going to have a working battery at this point, so
> it likely means it will not boot because it doesn't have enough power.

likely true, but doesn't actually matter. as long as *a* battery is
installed, it will boot. the powerbook 100 is different from other
powerbooks in that it can't run without a battery.

> It's also possible the plug has the +/- opposite what the Powerbook 100
> expects.

that's also a possibility although most adapters are center positive.
0
nospam

100^100 != 100^100
a = 100^100; str2num(num2str(a)) == a results in 1 but num2str(a) = 99999999999999996973312221251036165947450327545502362648241750950346848435554075 53419633840470625186802751241597388240818213573436827848463938504104723987787102 3591066789981811181813306167128854888448 Howcome? What is the best way to deal with such large numbers in MATLAB? How can I see the number without num2str function? Best regards, Ustun "ustunozgur" <ustunozgur@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7e2e0d2d-b779-4137-92f5- > > Howcome? What is the best way to deal with such large numbers in ...

Tetration (print 100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100)
Stefan Ram asks the following: On Monday, April 23, 2012 11:53:09 PM UTC+2, Stefan Ram wrote: > John Reye writes: > >How can one construct a literal, to be the largest value that this > >variable can hold, without information about the variables type? >=20 > The largest value a single bit can hold is not limited. > It just depends on the code used. For example, I can use this code: >=20 > bit > state meaning > 0 the number 0 > 1 the number 100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100^100 >=20 > For large numbers, see: >=2...

* FS: Misc. PowerBook AC adapters **
To place an order, visit: http://www.nexcomp.com/pb.html#power Powerbook Parts: --------------- - New Apple NiMH rechargeable battery for PowerBooks 5300, 190, and 3400. Replacement for M3254. Ninety-day warranty..............................$19.95 - 4-PACK New Apple NiMH rechargeable battery for PowerBooks 5300, 190, and 3400 (above item). Replacement for M3254. Ninety-day warranty.......$49.95 - Apple 45W power adapter (power supply) for PowerBook 5300 or 190 series. Apple part #M3037. Ninety-day warranty.................................

Hardware adapter, powerbook to printer jack?
Anyone know of a hardware adapter to allow a powerbook to run a printer which has that inch-long 9-pin serial jack? Mark- ...

FS: misc. Mac/PC hardware/software stuff
Apple Power Mac 7300/200 2G HD 512 RAM (Kingston) & manuals $50 Sony CPD-100VS monitor $25 Sony VAIO PCV-90 $50 Global Village Teleport 56K modem $25 Global Village Platinum 28.8 modem & manuals $25 SoundBlaster speakers $25 Iomega SCSI Zip 100 MB external drive $25 Iomega SCSI Jaz 2 G external drive $25 100 MB Zip disks $1 each (14) 250 MB Zip disks $3 each (26) 1 G Jaz disks $5 each (19) 2 G Jaz disks $7 each (3) Lacie 1 GB SCSI external drive $25 Palm Vx PDA $25 Agfa Arcus SCSI scanner (brand new, never used) $50 ATI video card 8 MB $20 ...

HDI SCSI/Dock Mac PowerBook Adapter $10
If you have an older style Powerbook, you probably need this item. Like new condition. $10.00 US plus shipping. arkay at qsl.net ---------------------- HDI 30 Pin SCSI Dock Mac PowerBook SCSI Adapter PowerBook SCSI Adapter that converts the HDI-30pin port on Macintosh PowerBooks to a standard DB25 Female SCSI port. A built-in switch allows for changing from �Disk mode to �SCSI mode Use it to connect all SCSI peripherals such as Tape Drives, CD Players, Hard Disks, Zip Drives, Scanners, etc. to your PowerBook. For use with Models: 100, 140, 145, 145B, 150, 160, 165c, 170...

HDI SCSI/Dock Mac PowerBook Adapter $10 #2
If you have an older style Powerbook, you probably need this item. Like new condition. $10.00 US plus shipping. arkay at qsl.net ---------------------- HDI 30 Pin SCSI Dock Mac PowerBook SCSI Adapter PowerBook SCSI Adapter that converts the HDI-30pin port on Macintosh PowerBooks to a standard DB25 Female SCSI port. A built-in switch allows for changing from �Disk mode to �SCSI mode Use it to connect all SCSI peripherals such as Tape Drives, CD Players, Hard Disks, Zip Drives, Scanners, etc. to your PowerBook. For use with Models: 100, 140, 145, 145B, 150, 160, 165c, 170...

HDI SCSI/Dock Mac PowerBook Adapter $10 #4
If you have an older style Powerbook, you probably need this item. Like new condition. $10.00 US plus shipping. arkay at qsl.net ---------------------- HDI 30 Pin SCSI Dock Mac PowerBook SCSI Adapter PowerBook SCSI Adapter that converts the HDI-30pin port on Macintosh PowerBooks to a standard DB25 Female SCSI port. A built-in switch allows for changing from �Disk mode to �SCSI mode Use it to connect all SCSI peripherals such as Tape Drives, CD Players, Hard Disks, Zip Drives, Scanners, etc. to your PowerBook. For use with Models: 100, 140, 145, 145B, 150, 160, 165c, 170...

HDI SCSI/Dock Mac PowerBook Adapter $10 #3
If you have an older style Powerbook, you probably need this item. Like new condition. $10.00 US plus shipping. arkay at qsl.net ---------------------- HDI 30 Pin SCSI Dock Mac PowerBook SCSI Adapter PowerBook SCSI Adapter that converts the HDI-30pin port on Macintosh PowerBooks to a standard DB25 Female SCSI port. A built-in switch allows for changing from �Disk mode to �SCSI mode Use it to connect all SCSI peripherals such as Tape Drives, CD Players, Hard Disks, Zip Drives, Scanners, etc. to your PowerBook. For use with Models: 100, 140, 145, 145B, 150, 160, 165c, 170...

UK Militia alert! Hardware available, P70, 70, misc. adapters.
Recieved the following email this morning from one George Baker: ____ Hi, I found your site and saw that you had modified it in Jan 2007 so hope you are still interested in IBM PS/2. I have a pair of P70's and a model 70, loads of adapters and ADFs that I don't have a use for any more. Do you know anyone in the UK who could make use of the stuff? I need the space more than the money so am open to offers just so you know. THANKS George ____ I've asked him for an adapter list. Contact me via private mail and I'll put you in touch. -- Th...

HDs for graphics
Here's my scenario... can't afford to, can't afford not to. I've been working without a net for way too long and it's catching up to me. My only backup has been zips and they have proven inadequate and too costly. It seems that any technical knowledge I once had has either become out-dated or has been forgotten:( Problems that have been occurring: Not enough memory messages, not enough disk space messages, programs quitting, not a lot of freezing surprisingly. And, in high-res in Photoshop or Illustrator with raster images.... crawling-apply-a-brush-stroke-and-go-to-lunch ...

Mac to mac

Hardware with Mac
I'm in the final stages of planning a move to Mac after using MSDOS/Windows computers since the early Intel 8088 days. If I make the switch it will be to either the desktop or portable dual core Mac. I've asked in another forum about the software I might need and wonder about printers, scanners etc. I use a Canon miltifunction and don't see anything on the CD about a Mac OS so I'm assuming I'll need a new printer/scanner etc. I've always like HP and I know they make several models...are any of them Mac operational? If not, is there a multi function un...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Transferring hardware from Mac to Mac, reactivating OS X not necessary
I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001) yesterday. I transferred the four hard drives, the CompUSA 5 port USB 2 card and the Sonnett Tempo ATA133 IDE card from the Sawtooth to the Quicksilver. The QS booted without issues, the hardware showed up properly in System Proflier, and I am able to access the Web, newsgroups and email. The only thing I had to re enter was the Drive Genius serial. And most important, I did not have to reactivate Tiger. I wonder why, Wintrolls. Just one more reason OS X is superior to Windoze. Chance Furlong wrote: > I acquired a 733MHz Quicksilver (2001...

WTT: C64 and Mac Hardware for Amiga, Mac, or PC HW:
Due to a lack of space in my apartment I am selling all my C64 equipment. All of this equipment works and has been tested. I would like to trade it for either Some Amiga, PC or Mac HW. Commodore Commodore C1581 Commodore C64 Commodore C64C Commodore C1702 Commodore C1541 II Commodore C1670 Modem Supra Sonic 14.4K Modem X 3 Mac Stuff Power Mac 7200 Upgraded with PM7600 Motherboard A NewerTech G3-275MHZ PCI Processor card 178MB RAM 1.2GB SCSI HD with OS9.1 installed. 9GB SCSI HD with OS X, 10.2.8 installed(Yes really!) CD-ROM Drive, its either or 6X or 16X, I forget which. 4MB ATI Videocard ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Does 100% = 100%?
Continuing on the CRT/LCD saga... I would have thought that a Word document that is set to a zoom setting of "100%" would be more or less the same size on the screen regardless of the size of the monitor or the resolution setting (1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, etc.)? Apparently, this is not so. I just ran a test on the brand new Viewsonic VP201S we just bought. I measured a standard 8.5x11 document in Print Layout View, zoomed to Page Width, on the screen. The results are: Setting Actual Width Text 1600 x 1200 8.25" Crisp 1280 x 1024 10...

Does 100% = 100%?
Continuing on the CRT/LCD saga... I would have thought that a Word document that is set to a zoom setting of "100%" would be more or less the same size on the screen regardless of the size of the monitor or the resolution setting (1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, etc.)? Apparently, this is not so. I just ran a test on the brand new Viewsonic VP201S we just bought. I measured a standard 8.5x11 document in Print Layout View, zoomed to Page Width, on the screen. The results are: Setting Actual Width Text 1600 x 1200 8.25" Crisp 1280 x 1024 10...

Mac Hardware
I have been told by someone in the computer sales and service business that Mac hard drives are Maxtor drives with Apple lables - Maxtor is the crappiest you can find. zara wrote: > I have been told by someone in the computer sales and service business that > Mac hard drives are Maxtor drives with Apple lables - Maxtor is the > crappiest you can find. And your friend is pretty stupid. My G5 has Seagates. Richard -- RichardK - 1980s in a can. http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/music/ Retro computing - http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech/ Cars - 2004 Beetle Cabrio, 1989 Supra ...

PowerBook 100
I recently pulled out Quadra 610, Codewairror Gold 10, and DropShell 2.0 to create a small program for my PowerBook 100. I decided to run System 7.0.1 (bullet) on my PowerBook. So I needed an early development environment. The program takes a file and uploads it thru the serial (printer) port. You don't get to choose which serial port, nor do you get to choose the baud rate. Since I am using this program in a demo next month (extra points awarded for thoes who can figure out where I'll be demoing this) I decided to test it. During debugging I use the trackball without...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Web resources about - powerbook 100 adapter - comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc

PowerBook 180 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The PowerBook 180 is a portable computer released by Apple Computer, Inc. along with the PowerBook 160 in October 1992. At the time, it constituted ...

MacBook Pro Retina 13inch and PowerBook 100 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2012 - MacBook Pro Retina 13inch 1991 - PowerBook 100 (Assembly by Sony) support.apple.com/kb/SP141

Apple PowerBook, BlackBerry and Suburu Outback: How brand names are created - Business News - Business ...
BRAND names don&#8217;t just happen to exist. Someone has to find the perfect name to fit the product and distinguish it from its competitors. ...

Apple PowerBook, BlackBerry and Suburu Outback: How brand names are created
BRAND names don&#8217;t just happen to exist. Someone has to find the perfect name to fit the product and distinguish it from its competitors. ...

PowerBook G4 - 9to5Mac
I took Twelve South’s BookBook for Air for an extensive spin through a bunch of everyday usage scenarios and in various urban and Mediterranean ...

Apple - Press Info - Apple Introduces New 15-inch PowerBook
APPLE EXPO, PARIS—September 16, 2003—Apple® today introduced the all-new 15-inch PowerBook® G4, offering an unrivaled mix of power and portability ...

Apple recalls 1.8M iBook and PowerBook G4 batteries
Apple Computer on Thursday recalled 1.8 million notebook batteries used in its previous generation iBook and PowerBook G4 notebooks because they ...

15-inch Aluminum PowerBook G4
... for months, the successor to Apple's landmark … On September 16th, Apple introduced the long-awaited successor to its 15-inch Titanium PowerBook. ...

1995 - PowerBook 5300
View The evolution of Apple products photos in CBS News' The evolution of Apple products photo gallery

Apple polishes iBook, PowerBook lines
... by Joe Wilcox, Staff Writer, CNET News.com. Published on October 16, 2001 8:55 AM PDT. Apple Computer, as expected, updated its iBook and PowerBook ...