any other wide format inkjet printer.
0
henry
8/12/2016 9:22:04 PM
comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc 4192 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 2016-08-12, <henry@att.net> <henry@att.net> wrote:

> My very old Epsonstylus Photo R260 printer is showing signs of its age
> (a little louder grinding sound), and I'm looking to replace it and I'm
> currently leaning towards the Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer.
>
> My main needs are in printing photographs and CDs & DVDs.
>
> I would be interested in anyone having experience with this model or
> any other wide format inkjet printer.

As wide format ink jet photo printers go, we love our Canon ix6520:

<https://www.amazon.com/Canon-iX6520-Inkjet-Printer-4895B002/dp/B004HO58VQ>

JR
0
Jolly
8/13/2016 3:43:45 AM
In article <e17jbgFj6icU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> As wide format ink jet photo printers go, we love our Canon ix6520:
>
> <https://www.amazon.com/Canon-iX6520-Inkjet-Printer-4895B002/dp/B004HO58VQ>

Thanks for the response and the link, but it doesn't seem to be able to
print CDs and DVDs.
0
henry
8/13/2016 4:52:21 AM
In article <120820162152213396%henry@att.net>, <henry@att.net> wrote:
> In article <e17jbgFj6icU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
> <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > As wide format ink jet photo printers go, we love our Canon ix6520:
> >
> > <https://www.amazon.com/Canon-iX6520-Inkjet-Printer-4895B002/dp/B004HO58VQ>
>
> Thanks for the response and the link, but it doesn't seem to be able to
> print CDs and DVDs.

Unfortunately CD / DVD printers are becoming rarer as fewer and fewer
people use discs.  :-(

One option is to print disc labels which you then stick on the disc,
but the process for doing it is often a bit clumsy, time consuming, and
not particularly satisfactory for slot-loading devices rather than
those with a tray.

A workaround for printers which have a "straight through" paper path
option is to simply stick the disc to a piece of paper, but again
that's a clumsy and time consuming way of doing it.
0
Your
8/13/2016 6:14:10 AM
In article <130820161814101737%YourName@YourISP.com>, Your Name
<YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> A workaround for printers which have a "straight through" paper path
> option is to simply stick the disc to a piece of paper, but again
> that's a clumsy and time consuming way of doing it.

very bad idea
0
nospam
8/13/2016 6:26:56 AM
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 23:43:45 -0400, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article <e17jbgFj6icU1@mid.individual.net>):

> <https://www.amazon.com/Canon-iX6520-Inkjet-Printer-4895B002/dp/B004HO58VQ>

Interesting.  I didn't know they still made wide format printers.   I
still have a wide Imagewriter and a box of wide, perforated, sprocket
feed computer paper for it. Then again, I still have boxes and boxes of
5 1/4 floppies.

--
Nelson

0
Nelson
8/13/2016 8:28:49 AM
On 2016-08-13, <henry@att.net> <henry@att.net> wrote:
> In article <e17jbgFj6icU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
><jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> As wide format ink jet photo printers go, we love our Canon ix6520:
>>
>> <https://www.amazon.com/Canon-iX6520-Inkjet-Printer-4895B002/dp/B004HO58VQ>
>
> Thanks for the response and the link, but it doesn't seem to be able to
> print CDs and DVDs.

That doesn't bother me since I stopped archiving stuff on CD/DVD long
ago. It's far more convenient and economical to place my archives on
hard drives. For photo printing (its primary purpose) it is a very good
ink jet printer, IMHO.

JR
0
Jolly
8/13/2016 3:07:54 PM
In article <0001HW.D3D45281092B200FB01029BF@news.astraweb.com>, Nelson
<nelson@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 23:43:45 -0400, Jolly Roger wrote
> (in article <e17jbgFj6icU1@mid.individual.net>):
> >
> > <https://www.amazon.com/Canon-iX6520-Inkjet-Printer-4895B002/dp/B004HO58VQ>
>
> Interesting.  I didn't know they still made wide format printers.   I
> still have a wide Imagewriter and a box of wide, perforated, sprocket
> feed computer paper for it. Then again, I still have boxes and boxes of
> 5 1/4 floppies.

There are a lot of things they still make, but you won't find in
regular shops because they are now niche products.

I think they still make dot matrix printers (still needed for places
that require carbonated paper prints for duplicates - cheaper than
printing multiple copies).

They certainly only stopped making video tape VCR machines last a
couple of weeks ago.

For a while it was difficult to find vinyl record players, but they've
made something of a comeback and are in all the regular electronics
stores here in New Zealand.
0
Your