How to Recover Data from VXA 8mm Tape

I'm running 10.4.1 and have an Ecrix VXA-1 FireWire Tape Drive with
Retrospect 6.0.212 and my latest tape is coming up as "Unknown" and
"Tape Unrecognized". None of the "tools" in Retrospect can help and
neither did their live support.

I have recorded to the tape twice before and retrieved data from it, and
I have other tapes that work fine, so I don't think it's the drive...I
clean it regularly and it has the latest firmware update. I have 30Gb of
client files on it and need to do whatever I can to recover it.

Does anyone know of some software or procedure that I can try before I
have to shell out $350 to a data recovery service?

Thanks in advance!
0
GAmac
6/4/2005 2:16:22 PM
comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage 1074 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow