Looking for service tech diagnostic software for Mac or Mac Mini PPC

I am looking for the service tech software to test my DVI and
motherboard of my Mac Mini PPC.  Samsung is trying to tell me that the
problem with my DVI LCD is that I have a defective DVI port.

0
Leon
3/14/2006 3:13:49 AM
comp.sys.mac.hardware.video 872 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <2006031321134911272-nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charternet>,
 Leon Sargent <nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charter.net> wrote:

> I am looking for the service tech software to test my DVI and
> motherboard of my Mac Mini PPC.  Samsung is trying to tell me that the
> problem with my DVI LCD is that I have a defective DVI port.

The DVD which came with it should have a diagnostic program.  You put it
in, restart, hold the option key down.  There should be an AHT option
showing up.
0
poldy
3/14/2006 4:33:55 AM
On 2006-03-13 22:33:55 -0600, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> said:

> In article <2006031321134911272-nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charternet>,
>  Leon Sargent <nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> I am looking for the service tech software to test my DVI and
>> motherboard of my Mac Mini PPC.  Samsung is trying to tell me that the
>> problem with my DVI LCD is that I have a defective DVI port.
>
> The DVD which came with it should have a diagnostic program.  You put
> it in, restart, hold the option key down.  There should be an AHT
> option showing up.

Yeah I did that and it passed.  I am no so sure it tests the whole DVI
structure as when I called my local Apple Store they had a few
different CD's for thoroughly testing the motherboard and the DVI port.

So I thought I would see if there are Apple Tech out here with such software.

Lee

0
Leon
3/14/2006 4:49:14 AM
In article <2006031322491416807-nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charternet>,
 Leon Sargent <nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charter.net> wrote:

> On 2006-03-13 22:33:55 -0600, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> said:
>
> > In article <2006031321134911272-nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charternet>,
> >  Leon Sargent <nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charter.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I am looking for the service tech software to test my DVI and
> >> motherboard of my Mac Mini PPC.  Samsung is trying to tell me that the
> >> problem with my DVI LCD is that I have a defective DVI port.
> >
> > The DVD which came with it should have a diagnostic program.  You put
> > it in, restart, hold the option key down.  There should be an AHT
> > option showing up.
>
> Yeah I did that and it passed.  I am no so sure it tests the whole DVI
> structure as when I called my local Apple Store they had a few
> different CD's for thoroughly testing the motherboard and the DVI port.
>
> So I thought I would see if there are Apple Tech out here with such software.
>
> Lee

If there are more thorough diagnostics, you probably would have to take
it to where they do the repairs.

Probably wouldn't distribute something like that to users.
0
poldy
3/18/2006 11:12:40 PM
There appear to be quite a few LCD monitors which won't work with the Mac
Mini's DVI port. Fortunately the Sceptre X20 I bought has both DVI and VGA
inputs.

0
Bob