Looking for service tech diagnostic software for Mac or Mac Mini PPC

I am looking for the service tech diagnostic software for the Mac Mini
or the Mac G4 with DVI connections as Samsung is telling me that my DVI
LCD monitor problem is due to a defective DVI  port.

0
Leon
3/14/2006 3:12:25 AM
comp.sys.mac.hardware 1561 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <200603132112258930-Nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charternet>,
 Leon Sargent <Nomorespamlsargentjr4638@charter.net> wrote:

> I am looking for the service tech diagnostic software for the Mac Mini
> or the Mac G4 with DVI connections as Samsung is telling me that my DVI
> LCD monitor problem is due to a defective DVI  port.

TechTool Pro from http://www.micromat.com/ might be helpful.
0
Shawn

To Mac or not to Mac?

Mac to mac

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Help! iSync mac to mac

bmp-mac, mac and xmms-mac ports
Hello, I can't find these in the ports collections, so i've downloaded and compiled mac and xmms-mac successfully and have confirmed that they work on FreeBSD. I was looking for an APE (Monkey Audio) plug-in for XMMS in the ports collection but wasn't able to find one. I had a bit of trouble with compiling xmms-mac to start off with. The compilation would fail with the following: g++ -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/xmms -I/usr/local/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -s -O3 -Wall -pedantic -DBUILD_CROSS_PLATFOR...

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Jus...

Mac Miail on .mac
I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address but I could well be missing something. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this > as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address > but I could well be missing something. > > Thanks > Colin Open a new Mail message - press Command-Alt-R to display the Reply-To field. Chu -- chuenginsberg at mac dot com On Sun, 21 Jan 2...

When is a Mac no longer a Mac?
OK, so Apple's going to go to Intel CPUs. Now Macs are no longer differentiated by a slow clock and superior instruction set--we've got the same hackjob clusterfuck on speed PCs have been using for decades now. And over the last few years Apple's gone away from SCSI, NuBus, ADB, Localtalk, etc. And PCs have picked up USB, dropped floppies, and colored their cases. The hardware's basically merging between the two platforms. On the software side, the classic MacOS is gone, replaced by Unixy stuff. And like it or not, higher up on the UI level lots of Windows-li...

Mac to MAc Firewire
Hey all Looking for some help. I am trying to use a 6-6pin 1394 cable to connect two iBooks together and transfer some large files. iBook 1 dual USB 'white' iBook OS 9.2 iBook 2 G4 OSx 10.2 I boot iBook 1 into 'target drive' mode and get the firewire icon dancing about the screen then connect it to iBook 2 but the drive does not appear on the desktop. I have tried all combinations of rebooting/ connecting before and after rebooting but nothing seams to work. When the firewire is plugged in the target disk makes a short noise then nothing the host does not appear to react at ...

Mac-to-Mac VPN?
Years ago, I set up a Mac network (under OS9) with a VPN router and some software on a remote PowerBook that allowed VPN access. I'm not terribly familiar with OSX yet, but I understand that much of this functionality is now built in. Can anybody steer me in the right direction as far as hardware, software and configuration? Here's the setup I envision: - Small LAN running two Macs and a printer with a DSL connection through a router. - Remote PowerBook connected to the net varyingly with dial-up, DSL (wired), and AirPort. - Use the PowerBook to securely connect to at l...

mac to mac connection
Hi, PBG3 400 OS 10.3 I connect a crossover cable between my PB, and other macs running OS9, and can not mount see the other mac on my PB. Have followed the Help, but must be doing something wrong somewhere. I can however see/connect to my PB from the peripheral mac via the Chooser. I have not been able to connect to windoze machines either, but maybe that will rsolve if I can get mac to mac sharing happening. Can someone suggest what I may be overlooking or a relevant site... ? thanks indeed Chris Brown Neurosurgery University of Adelaide In article <400da705$1@yorrell.saard.n...

MAC to MAC over Internet
Hi All, First I will tell you that I am not a MAC user or owner so please be patient :) I have a friend who runs a small business and they have two MAC computers in the office that are networked together and share files. The main MAC has approx 20,000 files that they share and update. One of the people will be moving away and they want to be able to connect over the Internet to the main MAC and share the files just like they do in the office today. They need to be able to have the master files on the main MAC in the office and allow the other person to easily access and update the master ...

networking mac to mac???
Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 361993718603049801070734...

Web resources about - Looking for service tech diagnostic software for Mac or Mac Mini PPC - comp.sys.mac.hardware

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders ( DSM ) published by the American Psychiatric Association provides a common language ...

Doctors Use Facebook As A Diagnostic Tool
Facebook is being used increasingly in the medical field , and not only for patients seeking advice. A report from the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota ...

Hardwood Diagnostic (@HWDiagnostic) on Twitter

Diagnostic Ultrasound Video Clips #1 Normal Heart on the App Store on iTunes
Get Diagnostic Ultrasound Video Clips #1 Normal Heart on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Rapid, disposable diagnostic malaria test
A village malaria worker takes a blood sample from 12 year old Yim Pros in Phnom Dambang Village in Cambodia on September 20, 2011. Join the ...

Changing the Game on Engine Diagnostics - YouTube
GE Aviation continues to evolve how data from engines can translate into better reliability for its customers. By using advanced analytics and ...

Doctors warn patients to pay up to $62 more for diagnostic and pathology tests
The Australian Diagnostic Imaging Association warns the most ill people will be hit hard by the Turnbull government's $650 million healthcare ...

Sick and tired: Institute of Medicine proposes new diagnostic criteria for chronic fatigue syndrome
Following an Institute of Medicine (IOM) committee report, challenging aspects of ME/CFS could change for Canadians who suffer from it.

Transgender advocates fight for new diagnostic terms
Does a woman who strongly believes she was meant to be a man have a mental condition or a medical problem? Is a man who cross-dresses in need ...

Why Don’t We All Have Diagnostics Plugs?
I recommend that you take a minute or so to read “The Diagnostics Plug” by Michael Mahlberg . Including optional diagnostic information in our ...