boot up freezes up after installing usb apple driver 1.4.1 for belkin usb 2 port F5U005

i have a beige desktop mac g3 running OS 9.2.2, after installing the
belkin usb 2 port F5U005 and following the installation instructions
from belkin to
install the usb extension from apples website (1.4.1) my mac now
freezes up
constantly upon booting up.  if i disable the usb support 1.4.1 usb
support extension my system boots up fine but then i cannot use the usb
ports for they are unfunctional.  any help would be greatly
appreciated.

comp.sys.mac.misc 7155 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In article <1141307579.154895.277350@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
Greg <thesimonisfamily@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i have a beige desktop mac g3 running OS 9.2.2, after installing the
> belkin usb 2 port F5U005 and following the installation instructions
> from belkin to
> install the usb extension from apples website (1.4.1) my mac now
> freezes up
> constantly upon booting up.  if i disable the usb support 1.4.1 usb
> support extension my system boots up fine but then i cannot use the usb
> ports for they are unfunctional.  any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Well, to begin with 9.2.2 isn't supported on that Mac. Try reinstalling
9.2.1.

But other than that, there may be a conflict between the USB extension
and something else you have installed. Troubleshoot your Extenstions
and Control Panel folders.

--
Talking about art is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa
0

as for reinstalling 9.2.1 am i able to just install the 9.1 to 9.2
upgrade file right over my 9.2.2?  i don't have the install disc due to
i purchased the machine on resale from my school.

Dave Balderstone <dave***@balderstone.ca> wrote:

> Well, to begin with 9.2.2 isn't supported on that Mac.

Oh, but it is.

--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://www.cafepress.com/macconsult,macconsult4> Mac-themed T-shirts
Rosenberg <mike@POSTTOGROUP.invalid> wrote:

> Oh, but it is.

Really? I thought 9.2.2 would only install in a B&W or later.

I've been wrong before, but running the 9.2.2 updater on the beige G3 I
have here gives me an error message that the model is not supported.

--
Talking about art is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa
0
Dave
3/3/2006 1:00:50 AM
In article <020320061900501614%dave***@balderstone.ca>,
 Dave Balderstone <dave***@balderstone.ca> wrote:

> In article <1hbl0ch.1hy50qj1tbvqfoN%mike@POSTTOGROUP.invalid>, Mike
> Rosenberg <mike@POSTTOGROUP.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Oh, but it is.
>
> Really? I thought 9.2.2 would only install in a B&W or later.
>
> I've been wrong before, but running the 9.2.2 updater on the beige G3 I
> have here gives me an error message that the model is not supported.

I ran 9.2.2 on a beige G3 MiniTower for a couple of years. Ran great.
Whether it would have been supported, had a problem cropped up, is
something I can't address.

Is there a firmware update that you need?

jim
0
bogus18 (66)
3/3/2006 8:37:42 AM
hey thanks but i fixed the issue by installing a new usb adapter F5U005
for PC but it installs and works wonderfully on my mac and using 9.2.2

greg

hi dave, thanks for the help but i fixed the issue by installing a new
usb adabpter F5U005 for PC and it works on the my Mac and using OS
9.2.2.  i had to switch which pci card it was in but it works fine at
least for now.