Epson R380 vs. Canon Pixma MP470

A few months ago I purchased an Epson Stylus Photo R380 printer which is
promoted as being excellent for printing photographs. No matter what settings
I've tried and what papers I've tried I have never been able to get the
printer to produce printouts that don't have streaks which appear to be
caused by a nozzle that isn't working correctly or is misaligned. I've gone
through innumerable nozzle checks and alignments without success.

Today I purchased a Canon Pixma MP470 printer and it was able to produce
excellent photographs on the very first try.

So, my question is if the Epson's performance is typical or if the particular
Epson I have is a dud?

Many thanks in advance for responses.

--
James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ..... taliesinsoft@mac.com

0
taliesinsoft (1864)
9/22/2007 7:33:52 PM
comp.sys.mac.misc 7155 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In article <0001HW.C31AD8500006B2AFB019F94F@news.supernews.com>,
TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@mac.com> wrote:

> So, my question is if the Epson's performance is typical or if the particular
> Epson I have is a dud?

I have a Stylus Photo RX620 that has been flawless in photo printing
using Epson paper. Probably had it about 18 months(?). I've experienced
none of the print head clogging that others have described.

Dan
0
NoUCE (44)
9/22/2007 8:04:15 PM
have both epson and canon printers and see little difference in
quality of print.. would NEVER recommend epson because of tech
support.  They have no toll-free number and wait time for me last week
was over an hour....long distance phone charges may well be more than
the cost of another printer... canon has excellent tech support

0
gno522 (90)