Which SoundSticks speakers are left and right?

There is probably a better newsgroup to send this to (suggestions
welcome), but if someone here knows ....

I have an about 2 1/2 year old set of harman kardon SoundSticks
speakers. How can you tell which satellite is the left and which the
right? I've been told one has volume controls on it, but if so where
are they? My two speakers look exactly alike (admittedly to 50+ yr old
eyes).

Thanks for any pointers,
CS
0
fswoyer (50)
10/22/2005 2:25:22 AM
comp.sys.mac.misc 7155 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Fred C Swoyer wrote:
> I have an about 2 1/2 year old set of harman kardon SoundSticks
> speakers. How can you tell which satellite is the left and which the
> right? I've been told one has volume controls on it, but if so where
> are they? My two speakers look exactly alike (admittedly to 50+ yr old
> eyes).

i've got a pair of soundsticks that is a little older than yours.  for my set
at least, there is *no* difference between left and right.  the only way i can
distinguish between them is that one plugs into a jack on the sub-woofer
labeled L and the other one plugs into R.
0
brunsona2 (6)
10/22/2005 4:35:23 AM
Fred C Swoyer <fswoyer@cox.net> wrote:

> I have an about 2 1/2 year old set of harman kardon SoundSticks
> speakers. How can you tell which satellite is the left and which the
> right? I've been told one has volume controls on it, but if so where
> are they? My two speakers look exactly alike (admittedly to 50+ yr old
> eyes).

You can always resort to playing music in which you know the left and
right positions.  For example, in a full orchestral piece, the strings
would be on the left.  Or listen to a CD on a stereo first.

--
Mike Rosenberg
Toyota Prius fans: Check out alt.autos.toyota.prius
 Fred C Swoyer <fswoyer@cox.net> wrote:

> I've been told one has volume controls on it, but if so where
> are they? My two speakers look exactly alike (admittedly to 50+ yr old
> eyes).

The USB version of the Soundsticks did NOT have volume controls - the
1/4" mini-jack version does. If you have the latter the volume controls
are the two silver buttons on the bottom of the right Soundstick.
0
regdwight (328)
10/22/2005 4:35:50 PM
Hey Fred,

> I have an about 2 1/2 year old set of harman kardon SoundSticks
> speakers. How can you tell which satellite is the left and which the
> right? I've been told one has volume controls on it, but if so where
> are they? My two speakers look exactly alike (admittedly to 50+ yr old
> eyes).

.... when I received my soundsticks (mini jack version), I didn't notice
the volume control on the right satellite right away. And if I would
have, I wouldn't have known it's the right one. I did it the classic
way: try it out:

- play some music
- go to System Preferences
- click on the speaker symbol (labelled "Sound")
- click on "Output"
- move the "Balance" slider left and right

The music moved to the wrong side when I did it first so I knew I had
to switch the satellites. This is fool-proof, no matter where there are
volume controls, labels or whatever.

Hope this helps.
--
cul8er

Paul
paul.foerster@gmx.net

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I&#...

LEFT + LEFT vs LEFT + RIGHT
In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. Is there any good reason to do SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... RIGHT JOIN rather than SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... LEFT JOIN with the tables swapped on the latter LEFT JOIN? Paul Lautman wrote: > In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. > Is there any good reason to do > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > RIGHT JOIN > > rather than > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > ...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and pr...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from ri...

Is a Mac Right For You? A growing number of entrepreneurs are deciding a Mac is the right computer for them.
From Entrepreneur.com: http://tinyurl.com/5moenl Cuss and discuss. Is a Mac Right For You? A growing number of entrepreneurs are deciding a Mac is the right computer for them. By Jason R. Rich �October 20, 2008 Not long ago, if you were to ask PC users what they thought about Apple Macs, you'd probably get one of two responses: Either they'd say, "Oh, those are the computers used by college students," or you'd hear, "Aren't Macs used only by creative types, like artists and musicians?" What today's�business�people and�entrepreneurs�are quickly ...

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

Skybuck presents ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) and ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift )
Hello, I think these two functions will come in very handy to solving the "write longword bits" problem. ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift ) Shifting with extra inputs is what is required to solve it nicely. // Begin of Code *** program Project1; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} { Skybuck presents ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) and ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift ) version 0.01 created on 5 may 2008 by Skybuck Flying. Be carefull though, the shift parameter must be 0 to 31. } uses SysUtils; // make overloaded versions for easy coding // display in big e...

problem with left+right mouse down+up on Mac
I'm having an issue with right and left mouse button events on OSX. I use a two button mouse, and when both buttons are down at the same time, the subsequent button up events get mangled. I looked at the code in src/mac/carbon/toplevel.cpp, specifically the SetupMouseEvent method, and see that there's a snippet in there that is trying to adjust for control-clicks that are interpreted as right-clicks. this appears to be by design but is causing me problems... I would even call it a bug perhaps void SetupMouseEvent( wxMouseEvent &wxevent , wxMacCarbonEvent...

Changing M-<right,left> to C-<right,left>
Hello, I tried to change the word moving behaviour as shown in the post title and could not. Part of my .emacs is below. (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'undo) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<right>") 'forward-word) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<left>") 'backward-word) Finally, how could I open a new buffer proportionally in the same window? For instance, if I open a new buffer with C-x 2 and then open the new buffer the window is split in two equal halves. I'd prefer to have it 70%, 30%. TIA, Andre Luiz AndreLTR <andreltramos@gma...

intermittent buzz on the Apple 20th anniversary MAC (TAM) in the right speaker: What to do?
Hello, from time to time, there is a buzz on the right speaker (when you are in front of the TAM). I cracked it but without effect. Is it due the cable of the computer unit: Sometimes when I touch the cable, the buzz disappear. What can I do ? Thank you for your help, Nous ...

Ibook G4, 14'1: the right speaker is louder than the left one
Hello, my Ibook G4 14'1 (late 2005) (MAC OS X.4) has one of the loudspeaker louder than the other. The slider of the balance in the Panel "sound" is in the middle. What can I do to understand and solve this problem? The little Elfe The little Elfe <email@nospam.com> wrote: > Hello, > my Ibook G4 14'1 (late 2005) (MAC OS X.4) has one of the loudspeaker louder > than the other. > The slider of the balance in the Panel "sound" is in the middle. > > What can I do to understand and solve this problem? > The little Elfe Co...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Right or Left ?
A simple multimedia setup can be a display monitor with speakers positioned on both sides. Think of this equipment as being on a 'stage' in a theater, and the user as being the 'audience' in that theater. What is called the "left" speaker -- is it the one on the left of the audience (as viewed by the audience), or the one on the left of the stage (as viewed by an actor standing ON the stage, facing out towards the audience) ? mikus Sir: Mikus Grinbergs wrote: > A simple multimedia setup can be a display monitor with > speakers positioned on...

left, right?
What function returns some number of characters on the right or left of a string? i.e. if I have the string 'filename', is there a command like Left('filename',4) = file? Thanks. asdd12 wrote: > > > What function returns some number of characters on the right or > left > of a string? i.e. if I have the string 'filename', is there a > command > like Left('filename',4) = file? Thanks. >> f='filename' f = filename >> f(1:4) ans = file In article <ef4d6a8.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, nospam@nospam.com says... &...

Web resources about - Which SoundSticks speakers are left and right? - comp.sys.mac.misc

Harmon Kardon’s Wireless SoundSticks Are A Little Bit Of Jambox And A Whole Lot Of Jony Ive
It’s rare that you can point to an accessory and say “Jony Ive” designed that, but with the Harman Kardon Soundsticks, that’s literally true. ...

Harman Kardon's Iconic Soundsticks Go Wireless
Ever since they first arrived in 2001, Harman Kardon's soundsticks always stuck a harmonious chord in balancing price, looks and performance. ...

News: Harman and JBL debut Flip, SoundSticks Wireless, soundbars
JBL and Harman Kardon have announced seven new speakers for the iPod, iPhone and iPad, ranging from updates of classic models to brand new designs. ...

Transparent Harman Kardon Soundsticks III System Gets Liquidated
The Harmon Kardon III Soundsticks "system has two angle-adjustable satellite speakers that bend from low angle to high; gently push or pull each ...

Harman Kardon Soundsticks updated with Bluetooth integration for wireless playback
... that you stumbled upon an archive based on the image above, don’t worry because this is still 2012 and those are indeed the Harman Kardon Soundsticks. ...

Abraham Farag - LinkedIn
View Abraham Farag's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Abraham Farag ...

Harman Kardon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Harman/Kardon is a division of Harman International Industries and manufactures home and car audio equipment . Founded in 1953 by Dr. Sidney ...

E-HiFi : SOL REPUBLIC
... Through Life, Sound, Culture - Unbreakable, Interchangeable, Best EDM Headphones, Dubstep OmniTechNews Reviews the Harman Kardon Soundsticks ...

Computer Speakers - 9to5Toys
Electronics Expo via Buy.com offers the Harman Kardon Soundsticks III 2.1-Channel Speaker System , model no. SOUNDSTICKS3AM, for the in-cart ...