Wireless acccess and Error -3151

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I work for a small community college with a mixed network, mac and pc. We
want to add a wireless access point. I am using a Linksys WAP11 access
point. I tested the connection with an ibook running OS 9.1. The iBook
"sees" the network to the extent that the Airport sees the name of our
network but when I try to select it to connect I get "Error -3151" and can't
select the network.
I can't seem to find any information on what this error might mean. Would
anyone have any ideas?

0
Reply miranda (1) 8/3/2003 11:47:28 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.sys.mac.misc 6980 articles. 5 followers. Post

[PageSpeed] 7/24/2014 10:39:53 AM

Wireless error
I just did a clean install of Fedora Core 1 on a Dell laptop and everything seems to work fine except that it try to bring up the eth1 interface before pcmcia drivers are loaded. What can I do to reverse it? thanks. Kev Kenny wrote: > I just did a clean install of Fedora Core 1 on a Dell laptop and everything > seems to work fine except that it try to bring up the eth1 interface before > pcmcia drivers are loaded. What can I do to reverse it? The startup sequence for Red Hat 9 Linux does the same thing on my laptop - i.e., the 'network' service is started...

Suddenly unable to acces Wireless Routers, acess points
I am running an IBM THinkpad R40 and never had a problem until I went to a Holiday Inn and could not connect to the internet, and their "expert" came in and made some changes to XP that allowed me to finally connect to their network. I had not tried any wireless connections since then, until last weekend. Now I can't even access my wireless router or wireless access point, which I rarely use. Recently, when I try to access a wireless access point, and all the hardware and drivers have been updated and checked, I get the folloowing error message: "Find Wireless Networks&...

Compile errors (wireless module)
I'm trying to compile the module for a PCMCIA wireless card (which plugs in to a PCI adapter). I've searched and posted my problem to the w-lan support group, but I suspect this may be a compiler issue. Any help would be appreciated. When I compile the linux-wlan package, "make all" ends like this; am930llc.c:1623: warning: concatenation of string literals with __FUNCTION__ is deprecated am930llc.c:1634: structure has no member named `tbusy' am930llc.c:1635: `NET_BH' undeclared (first use in this function) am930llc.c:1635: (Each undeclared identifier is reporte...

Jave Wireless Toolkit Error
Hello everytime I try to run a program in the wirless toolkit, the program tranbsfers to the emulator but when I click launch I get this error Running with storage root DefaultGrayPhone Method............: 100d2aa8 'com/sun/midp/midlet/MIDletState.createMIDlet (static)' Stack Chunk.......: d189a0 Frame Pointer.....: d189fc Current IP........: 10128592 = 10128584 + offset 14 Previous Frame....: d189c0 Previous IP.......: 1012052b (offset 22) Frame size........: 8 (1 arguments, 7 local variables) Argument[0].......: d197e4 Local[1]..........: 0 Local[2]..........: d189c0 Local[3]...........

Preverifier error in Sun Java Wireless Toolkit
Hi ppl, I'm using an SDK provided by my client and building a MIDlet application which does ApiCalls on this SDK. I copied all the jar files from the SDK and put it into my lib folder of my MIDlet project so that it could add it to the classpath during build. But when I build it shows the following error: Error preverifying class com.myClient.sdk.attributes.AttributesMaster VERIFIER ERROR com/myClient/sdk/attributes/AttributesMaster.addErrorElements(Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;[Lcom/myClient/sdk/attributes/model/ErrorSet;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;: Cannot find class org/w3...

Urgent: Cisco Wireless Control Software Errors
I am trying to run Cisco Wireless Control Software (WCS) in Internet Explorer through IP adress but i am getting attached list of errors. I am on Windows 2003 Server Platform. Can someone help me to run the program (I am user, not developer in this case). Also, i have installed latest JRE, J2EE and Apache Tomcat. thanks and i would appreciate any responses ========================================== type Exception report message Internal Server Error description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request. exception javax....

Weird Wireless Network Error--Network Cable Unplugged
I've been Googling for a couple of days now trying to solve a problem I have with my wireless home network to no avail. Here's my setup: Host computer: Dimension 4550 Remote computer: Dimension 4600 Wireless router: Linksys BEFW11S4 v2 Wireless adapter: Linksys WUSB11 Cable modem Windows XP home I have had my home network set up for six months now. Last week I decided to run Windows Update on the remote computer and downloaded several updates including a new driver for the Linksys USB wireless adapter. After installing the updates I lost my connection to the wireless network and go...

Error Connecting to an 802.11x Enterprise Wireless Network.
Hello, I am attempting to setup my TX to access the 802.11x Enterprise wireless network that was just installed at my office. I have installed the wifi update from Palm, and received and installed the cert from our IT group. When I try to connect to the wireless network it says connecting and then displays this error. Connection failed - problem verifying the server certificate (2005) Trying to figure out what this means and how to fix it. Thank You! Regards, Del N8OFP ...

Weird Wireless Network Error--Network Cable Unplugged
I've been Googling for a couple of days now trying to solve a problem I have with my wireless home network to no avail. Here's my setup: Host computer: Dimension 4550 Remote computer: Dimension 4600 Wireless router: Linksys BEFW11S4 v2 Wireless adapter: Linksys WUSB11 Cable modem Windows XP home I have had my home network set up for six months now. Last week I decided to run Windows Update on the remote computer and downloaded several updates including a new driver for the Linksys USB wireless adapter. After installing the updates I lost my connection to the wireless network and go...

IWconfig: Wireless WMP54G- encryption key segmentation error
I'm in the process of installing my wireless Linksys WMP54G card on Fedora FC-3 When I reach the point to enter the encryption key I get segmentation error [root@localhost eddy]# /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 key [1] restricted 281E-76E4-93E4-A608-D1A2-CB95-A5 Segmentation Error If I leave out the dashes the terminal freezes. Is there anybody who can give me some hints? Tanks. Eddy Ed wrote: > I'm in the process of installing my wireless Linksys WMP54G card on Fedora > FC-3 > When I reach the point to enter the encryption key I get segmentation error &g...

J2ME Lime error 10061 (Re: Help with J2ME Wireless Toolkit)
I had this problem and have found the solution. This was being caused by Zonealarm, which although not active, needed to be uninstalled for the toolkit to work properly. Note, other symptoms were ERROR 65 when trying to use ping. Boldra Randolph Carter <rcarter@email.it> wrote: > When I try to run a project, it din't wok: > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Project "games" loaded > > Running with storage root DefaultColorPhone > > Cannot connect socket to port 3011 > > Windows error code 100...

VPN Client Linksys Wireless, ADSL XP Error 800, Zone Alarm
Hi All, I've seen lots of info about error 800, which I once got round, not sure how. But since upgrading my zone alarm and also applying the latest xp patch 31st July, I'm no longer able to vpn into my works network. I do not know if anything has changed on the works servers or routers, but a college can connect from a 98 machine. At home I'm running Zone Alarm, have a wireless network connection and a adsl connection. my isp provided me with a static address. my adsl to wireless router runs has a 10.0.0.* address, inside the wirles network is running 192.168.1.*....

Wireless Mini PCI into empty Toshiba Tecra A1 slot? Code 10 error.
Anyone had any success getting a wireless Mini PCI card to run on a Tecra? I have an A1. Tried the drivers on Toshiba's website, but all I get is a Code 10 error. Toshiba said to get a regular PCMCIA card instead. Thx....C In article <1969abf6.0402150714.8fc6d5c@posting.google.com>, craigster <bizgoz@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anyone had any success getting a wireless Mini PCI card to run on a >Tecra? I have an A1. Tried the drivers on Toshiba's website, but all >I get is a Code 10 error. Toshiba said to get a regular PCMCIA card >instead. Thx....C What Min...

error or not an error ...
I was just testing out the R4 REXX thingy, and it found an error in the following program. My question is this, is it an error or not? My PC/REXX and Regina don't barf on it, but I thought they should've. _____________________________________________ /**/ ?.='' ?.z='batman' trace i if ?.z\==''then do; say '?.z=' ?.z; end ______________________________________________ Note that there is space before the THEN. I'm not sure of the exact rules for parsing an IF statement, I know that THEN is a "reserved" keyword when an IF statement is...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // err...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

Objc Nubie: Errors Errors Errors
I've been toying with learning ObjC/Cocoa for sometime and finally got over the hump of "brackets vs. braces" but am wondering why my little test throws so many warnings when run: // gcc FileTest.m -o FileTest -ObjC -framework Cocoa #include <Cocoa/Cocoa.h> #include <Foundation/Foundation.h> int main( void ) { NSString * str = [ [NSStringalloc] initWithString:@"~/samplefromcocoa.txt" ]; NSString * full = [ NSString stringWithString: [str stringByExpandingTildeInPath ] ]; if( [ [NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtP...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ...

error C2106: error C2057 :error C3304:
I have faced intrinsic errors "error C2106 / error C2057 / error C3304" in Visual studio 2008. Though the source files have included with header files like "math.h" and "ctype.h", compilation gives error as given below. 2>c:\apps\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\string.h(48) : error C2106: '=' : left operand must be l-value 2>c:\apps\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\string.h(48) : error C2057: expected constant expression 2>c:\apps\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\string.h(48) : error C3304: 'PreAttribute': at...

Error Directing BCP In Errors to error file
Greetings, I am trying to bcp in data to a table which is in different server. Though the bcp in works fine but the error file is not being created and rejected records are not being directyd to the error file. Query looks like: bcp <db>..test_b_plan_cp in /home/file_out.txt -c -t '|' -S *****-U ****** -P ******-I /home/bcp2db_sql.ini -e /home/bcp2db.error. Can someone please help? TIA. Regards, Rajpreet ...

Error directing BCP In errors to error file
Greetings, I am trying to bcp in data to a table which is in different server . Though the bcp in works fine but the error file is not being created and rejected records are not being directyd to the error file. Query looks like: bcp <db>..test_b_plan_cp in /home/file_out.txt -c -t '|' -S *****-U ****** -P ******-I /home/bcp2db_sql.ini -e /home/bcp2db.error. Can someone please help? TIA. Regards, Rajpreet ...

Error 8 Compilation Error. File permission error or DMA hardware error detected
I just upgraded my Labview code to Labview 8.5 from LV8.2.1 Then I tried to compile&nbsp;my code to get an .exe file I keep getting the following error, &nbsp; Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference: Error 8 occurred at Write to Text File in AB_Engine_Update_INI_Header.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Create_INI_File.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi-&gt;AB_UI_FR...

@@Error not catching error.
Hi all, I want to catch error in stored procedure and return error message. I want to catch error 'Syntax error converting the varchar value 'a' to a column of data type int.' Means error occuring if i enter wrong value. Say suppose i have statment like select * from emp where rowid = 'a' PRINT @@ERROR print 'reach' here rowid is integer value so i am getting above mention error. So what i am expecting is it should print error and then print 'reach' which is not happening. can anyone tell me reason behind this and how to overcome this problem. than...

Error upon Error...
anyone seen this error before: > Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/DB_File/DB_File.sl' for module DB_File: No such file or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/XSLoader.pm line 83. > at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/DB_File.pm line 236 I'm just trying to run this script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use DB_File; print "Hello World!\n" all three of the files exist on the system....why is it saying this. (there are a few scripts that I have that want to use DB_File and they all say this.... that's why I j...

error C2197 error
Hello I am getting this error: error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters Error executing cl.exe. The offending line is: if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000, pProviderList)) != 0) // this one { goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList; } I am converting this C code into C++. Is the problem that compiler does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList? How can I fix? Angus wrote: > Hello > > I am getting this error: > > error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too m...