Can't find documentation on LPaneControl

Hello everybody,
I am learning MAC programming using codewarrior 9, to develop an application
that should run on OS9 and OSX. Since my experience is windows based, it is
not so easy :(

I need a few LTabControls in my app, but it seems the included documentation
has no reference to any LPaneControls. I looked everywere, but nothing. The
metrowerks site gave the same result.

By the way, coming from scratch and all alone the whole thing is a bit
confusing... And the documentation on the CD seems not to be up to date.
After reading most included e-books there are a lot of things that miss. I
am missing something trivial? (as a whole folder on CD :)

I know the question is stupid, but could anybody be so kind to help? Just
tell me where to find the right documents and help a win programmer to
redeem!

Regards
Davide

0
Davide
11/26/2003 7:02:21 PM
comp.sys.mac.oop.powerplant 447 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <BBEAB6F6.A51%davidemania@virgilio.it>,
 "Davide (TIN)" <davidemania@virgilio.it> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I am learning MAC programming using codewarrior 9, to develop an application
> that should run on OS9 and OSX. Since my experience is windows based, it is
> not so easy :(
>
> I need a few LTabControls in my app, but it seems the included documentation
> has no reference to any LPaneControls. I looked everywere, but nothing. The
> metrowerks site gave the same result.
>
> By the way, coming from scratch and all alone the whole thing is a bit
> confusing... And the documentation on the CD seems not to be up to date.
> After reading most included e-books there are a lot of things that miss. I
> am missing something trivial? (as a whole folder on CD :)
>
> I know the question is stupid, but could anybody be so kind to help? Just
> tell me where to find the right documents and help a win programmer to
> redeem!

They are documented here, in this newsgroup. Do a search on
http://groups.google.com

I have a .r file in my project with:

#include <types.r>
#include <PowerPlant.r>

// camera calibration dialog tab panel names

resource 'tab#' (808)
{
   versionZero
   {{
      0, "Stimulus",
      0, "Optic Disk",
      0, "Levels"
   }}
};

and the tab control controls a LMultiPanelView, which references 3 PPob
resources by resID. When you click in the "Panels" field of the
LMultiPanelView's Property Inspector dialog box in Constructor, new
items appear on the Edit menu on the menu bar that let you add resID
specifiers for panels.
0
David
11/27/2003 5:08:42 AM
Your best hope is to look at tab controls in Carbon Programming by
Bricknell.  You can read it and download it online (although the
author asks a fee if you find it useful) or buy a copy.

http://www.mactech.com/macintosh-c/

After looking at it's stuff on Tabs, the Powerplant stuff should make
more sense (that's how it usually works :-) )

Best of luck!  Don't give up hope!  Bricknell's book saved me!

"Davide (TIN)" <davidemania@virgilio.it> wrote in message news:<BBEAB6F6.A51%davidemania@virgilio.it>...
> Hello everybody,
> I am learning MAC programming using codewarrior 9, to develop an application
> that should run on OS9 and OSX. Since my experience is windows based, it is
> not so easy :(
>
> I need a few LTabControls in my app, but it seems the included documentation
> has no reference to any LPaneControls. I looked everywere, but nothing. The
> metrowerks site gave the same result.
>
> By the way, coming from scratch and all alone the whole thing is a bit
> confusing... And the documentation on the CD seems not to be up to date.
> After reading most included e-books there are a lot of things that miss. I
> am missing something trivial? (as a whole folder on CD :)
>
> I know the question is stupid, but could anybody be so kind to help? Just
> tell me where to find the right documents and help a win programmer to
> redeem!
>
> Regards
> Davide
0