Installing MAC OS X 10.1.4, planning 10.3 install as well.

Hi,

I changed my Hard drive from a 4 GB to an 18 GB Travelstar (I posted early
about using it). I have partitioned it to a 7.7 GB and a 9.2 GB. I installed
9.2 on the 7.7 GB and ran the 10.1.4 install (same way I did with my old
drive) but this time, the 10 X install will not detect my 9.2 install, it
will ask me to erase the hard drive contents. I then continued, then the
install will just hang intermittently, one time during the time it will ask
for the language and most often when it is copying the basic config files.

Can I install OS X 10.3 here, I know it is not supported by users in this
newsgroup indicated at one point that it installs but there will be no
support from Apple be provided. I have a Powerbook G3 Wallstreet (NOT the
bronze keyboard)

Thanks,

RdR

0
RdR
1/28/2005 3:28:25 AM
comp.sys.mac.portables 3106 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <IpidnXpv3rnLLGTcRVn-gA@rogers.com>, RdR <ron@delrosario.ca>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I changed my Hard drive from a 4 GB to an 18 GB Travelstar (I posted early
> about using it). I have partitioned it to a 7.7 GB and a 9.2 GB. I installed
> 9.2 on the 7.7 GB and ran the 10.1.4 install (same way I did with my old
> drive) but this time, the 10 X install will not detect my 9.2 install, it
> will ask me to erase the hard drive contents. I then continued, then the
> install will just hang intermittently, one time during the time it will ask
> for the language and most often when it is copying the basic config files.

You might go  ahead and erase the drive, install OS 10 and then install
9 (after being sure to install the OS 9 drivers).

Cathy

--
"there's a dance or two in the old dame yet." - mehitabel

C.Stevenson, M.D.
cats1921@invalidsonic.net
0
Cathy