Cannnot get Mac to print Linux Print Server using CUPS

I have an Epson C60 attached to a Linux Server using CUPS.  All of my
WIndows based clients (ME, 2000, XP) all print via the server just fine
however, the mac does not.  The mac utilizes OSX v10.3 and detects the
printer on the net via the printer config utility. When I print, I keep
getting a "waiting to connect error".. I try setting up the printer as an
IP printer and I get a "busy" or "printer stopped" error.  I never had a
problem with the first version of OSX.  Does any one have a suggestion for
a fix?
0
System
5/24/2004 10:43:27 PM
comp.sys.mac.printing 1394 articles. 0 followers. littlesister (1) is leader. Post Follow

Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print
Is there a difference between the following operations from any given program? Let's say Safari, because I often want to Preview to see how many pages there are before deciding to print. From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog > Print versus From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog then choose Preview --> Abode Reader view then print directly from Adobe using File > Print --> print dialog > Print It sounds like a waste of steps, but after I preview in Adobe Reader, I usually close the preview and go back and print directly from Safari. The outputs ...

MAC printing through Win 2000 Print Server question
Hi all, I have a Win2K print server with two Epson printers, a EpsonPhoto 2200 and a 2000p. I have printing services for MAC enabled and the printers are visible from the Printer Utility on tha MACs (OS X). When I add the printer, the MAC asks for a PPD file. As far as I know the Epsons are not Post Script printers, and choosing a generic PPD does not work. Has anyone come across this problem or have any suggestons on this? I am not a MAC person, but I know Windows pretty well. The MACs print to them without any problems if the printers are directly attached, but when printing to the same printer through the Win 2K server, it just prints a page with some sort of error code. Thanks in advance for your help. J On 10/8/03 3:44 AM, "Jose" <jsuez@sweis.net> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a Win2K print server with two Epson printers, a EpsonPhoto 2200 > and a 2000p. > > I have printing services for MAC enabled and the printers are visible > from the Printer Utility on tha MACs (OS X). > > When I add the printer, the MAC asks for a PPD file. As far as I know > the Epsons are not Post Script printers, and choosing a generic PPD > does not work. > Has anyone come across this problem or have any suggestons on this? > I am not a MAC person, but I know Windows pretty well. > > The MACs print to them without any problems if the printers are > directly attached, but when printing ...

To print or not to print
What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program as a diagnostic, removes an error? -- Dieter Britz (dieterbritz<at>yahoo.com) Dieter Britz wrote: > What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program > as a diagnostic, removes an error? Array bound violation is the most likely. Some additional memory space is allocated for the purpose of the print statement, and the array then overflows into that space without any visible effect. Dieter Britz <dieterbritz@yahoo.com> wrote: > What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a > program as a diagnostic, removes an error? Without knowing the error it is hard to say. With x87 floating point, small changes can change the precision (and/or accuracy) of the result. -- glen "Dieter Britz" <dieterbritz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hi4llg$eup$1@news.net.uni-c.dk... | What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program | as a diagnostic, removes an error? Almost certainly, it is a subscript or substring error. Less likely causes are uninitialized variables, mismatched argments/dummy arguments, etc. For starters you need to turn on all checks. Try to explicitly switch off any optimization. I have this often when the optimizer takes a short-cut and when the print-statement prevents optimization and therefore the faulty short-cut in command execution. Also: activate all...

How to print from D3 direct to print server without using Linux spooler?
I'm using RedHat 9 and D3 Linux 7.4.0. The printers have print servers and I'm using LPR (not CUPS). However I'd rather not use the Linux print spooler, as it is difficult to manage the print jobs once it has left D3. I'd like to print directly from the D3 spooler to the print server. Is there anyway you can tie a TCP/IP port to a D3 port? I don't think you will be able to do what you are after 'easily' (at all).If the print server can be configured for non-standard ports, then maybe the xinetd/nailed telnet sesction of the install guide will mek 'interesting reading'. Alternatively, if you have a Windows machine in the mix, you might consider using smbclient to talk to the printers, assuming you would find managing printers in Windows easier. matt@ox11.com wrote: > I'm using RedHat 9 and D3 Linux 7.4.0. The printers have print servers > and I'm using LPR (not CUPS). However I'd rather not use the Linux > print spooler, as it is difficult to manage the print jobs once it has > left D3. I'd like to print directly from the D3 spooler to the print > server. Is there anyway you can tie a TCP/IP port to a D3 port? Hi, Have a look for a tool named 'netcat' or 'nc'. You will find it on your RH media. This tool will allow you to pipe print jobs from the server to the print server by passing the spooler, but you will need a script wrapper. Do a search on...

mac os x printing to cups server
hi there, i'm really struggling with this and i feel it should be easy... how do i get i (new) install of macos x to print to a cups print server - which i know is working perfectly fine with other (linux) workstations. thanks for any help, kev bailey BTW - it is a postscript level 2 printer TI microlaser pro 600 kevin bailey wrote: > hi there, > > i'm really struggling with this and i feel it should be easy... > > how do i get i (new) install of macos x to print to a cups print server - > which i know is working perfectly fine with...

AirLink 101 APSUSB2 print server: printing from Linux
Has anyone been able to set up network printing to a printer connected to the AirLink 101 APSUSB2 print server from a computer running Linux? Their company does not provide support for Linux. I have gotten it working from computers running Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 98se (for some reason the Windows 98se computer cannot always see the network neighborhood; but when it can, it can print to this print server.) I can also access the print server on the local network from my Linux computer using a web browser by typing in http://(IP address), and having done that I can print a test page using the command Tools | Print Test. I am running KDE desktop on SuSE Linux 9.1 with numerous upgrades, and I have an HP LaserJet 1200 printer that is connected to the AirLink 101 APSUSB2 via the parallel port. I am trying to configure printing using YaST (selecting Hardware, then Printers). The options it offers are as follows: Parallel printer USB printer Serial printer IrDA printer Print via CUPS Network Server Print via LPD-Style Network Server Print via SMB Network Server Print via IPX Network Server Print Directly to a Network Printer Other Kind of Setup I have excluded some obvious ones like serial printer, SMB, and IPX, but I have fooled around with many of them, and I cannot get it to work. I vaguely recall hearing that there might be some incompatibility between a couple of the printing systems, that is some of the commands have the same names, so the commands of the dif...

Print to w2k print server
I have an AIX queue setup that points to an w2k print server. The queue there is setup as PCL and point to a Xerox Workcentre Pro 265. When jobs are submitted from Win, they can orient as portrait or landscape. When I submit from AIX, I always get portrait. How can I control the orientation when submitting the job from AIX? This is AIX 5.1. The qconfig entry looks like this. cptest2: device = @acnprint1 up = TRUE host = acnprint1 s_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/bsdshort l_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/bsdlong rq = ANWP-X265-L2IS @acnprint1: bac...

Help getting printing working to Wireless Print Server/Client
Trying to get printing from Linux to Wireless Print Server working. Details: PC: Dual boot, WindowsXP(SP2) / OpenSUSE10.2 Linux, connected via 802.11g(D-Link WDA-2310 NA) to Wireless AP (D-Link WBR-2320) Printer: HP PhotoSmart C3100 connected via USB to a D-Link DP-G310 Wireless Print Server/Client When the C3100 was connected directly to the PC, I had no problems printing from either Linux or WindowsXP and any other PC/laptop in my network could print as well if I was booted in WindowsXP. Two problems with that scenario: - spend most of my time in Linux so if someone wants to print, had to reboot the PC to WindowsXP - had to have "host" PC turned on all the time just so people can print. In comes the Wireless Print Server/Client to address the 2 problems. Now the problem When the C3100 is connected to the Wireless Print Server/Client, I can print from any WindowsXP box no problem but I can't seem to get printing to work when I send a document from Linux. Printer just seems to go to status printing and sit there, or it keeps going "paused". I'm trying CUPS. So the question is, - does anyone have a similar setup working? If so, can you provide me with your actual configuration information? Thanks in advance, Alfred IP address of Wireless Print Server/Client in 192.168.0.10. ...

Error 0 occured at printing invoke node blb bla bla..., if I try to change the Postscript printing to bitmap printing using Options-printing menu.
Who might comment why I can not change the printing type without Error message in LV8.0.1. LV6.0 worked OK. Info: It is Russian locale system. BR Vladi &nbsp; ...

running print server for 1st time - only get a fraction of page printed
I'm trying to use a D-Link DP-301U print server connected to my home tcp/ip LAN to make sharing my HP inkjet more efficient. Printing a test page directly from the D-Link configuration page in my browser works fine (looks like it's from DOS). However unfortunately, despite the whole installation going smoothly and everything seeming fine, when I try to print from one of the PCs all I actually get printed on the page is around 3mm height of text/image. Where should I start looking to find a solution? -- dave @ stejonda Beyond the farmyard the wind in the trees. In message <JWUae8GmztkCFASc@privacy.net>, "dave @ stejonda" <nospamdeleteabusedave@stejonda.freeuk.com> writes >I'm trying to use a D-Link DP-301U print server connected to my home >tcp/ip LAN to make sharing my HP inkjet more efficient. > >Printing a test page directly from the D-Link configuration page in my >browser works fine (looks like it's from DOS). > >However unfortunately, despite the whole installation going smoothly >and everything seeming fine, when I try to print from one of the PCs >all I actually get printed on the page is around 3mm height of >text/image. > >Where should I start looking to find a solution? > Only conclusion I've been able to come to is that the D-Link doesn't like my printer. :( -- dave @ stejonda Beyond the farmyard the wind in the trees. In ...

using a netgear ps121 usb print server with mac os x tiger
So I'm about to put my sister's mp780 on their home LAN, so that they can print to it from their laptops wirelessly. my method of doing so is the following: One USB 2.0 Switch 2-to-1 http://www.siig.com/product.asp?catid=3&pid=329 and a Netgear PS121 http://www.netgear.com/products/details/PS121.php the reason for the 2-to-1 switch, is so that the printer can be switched over easily, without plugging cables, as a dedicated usb printer for scanning to the mac beside it. When done scanning, wack the usb switch again, and the printer is back connected to the USB-Ethernet print server Looks like I should have no problem sharing the MP780 for printing only over a local TCP/IP port to the PCs. But for the mac, I'm not seeing any current info about how to set it up to print through the PS121. Can the mac talk to this thing in some standard way? Bonjour? Or does it need a network aware print driver for the canon? I'm on an ibook right now, that can print to my parents G85 that is networked with a jetdirect 300x, but that was leashed together with HPIJS side stepping the HP bloated driver. I'm not seeing the canon mp780 supported over at http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/ the way the HP g85 is. http://forum1.netgear.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=11985 - thus far I've got zero help on this fairly straight forward post at netgear's forum. USENET to the rescue! ...

Mac printing system
Is CUPS used in MacOS X, and if so, is it the default printing system? Thanks for the info. -- Rick Yes it's available. --jim On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:10:00 -0800, vze35xda@verizon.net wrote: > Yes it's available. > Does that mean it is not the main printing engine? -- Rick Rick <none@nomail.com> wrote: > On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:10:00 -0800, vze35xda@verizon.net wrote: > > > Yes it's available. > > > Does that mean it is not the main printing engine? My experience is that OSX (10.3 onwards with CUPS) will allow you to select a propriety printer driver if it's available. Otherwise it uses the CUPS drivers. This is how it worked on my G5 with 10.4 anyway, my Epson CX3200 works using the standard Epson driver, and my LaserJet 5 uses a CUPS driver (the LJ5 doesn't have PostScript). In 10.3 you have to hold down Option while you click on 'Add' a new printer, then you can select them from the 'Advanced' tab. -- Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor) <http://andyhewitt.webhop.net/> (updated Jan 2006) On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:04:17 +0000, Andy Hewitt wrote: > Rick <none@nomail.com> wrote: > >> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:10:00 -0800, vze35xda@verizon.net wrote: >> >> > Yes it's available. >> > >> Does that mean it is not the main printing engine? > > My experience is that OSX (10.3 onwa...

Printing date on prints
I am trying to learn how to use a new Nikon D50 DSLR. In our city, triecentennial anniversary is going on yesterday and today. They tried to re-enact Spanish settler about 300 years ago. Beautiful Spanish costumes of men and women on horseback were everywhere and we can see banners that display coasts of arms. So I took some pictures and tried to print using a Canon printer. Pictures were gorgeous but I was not able to figure out how to print date stamp. With pictures taken with Sony P&S cameras, I used to print date. Does anybody know how to print date? John "...

How do I print borderless prints?
Hi. I'm trying to make borderless prints and not having any luck. I use Paint Shop Pro 8. I'm printing on an Epson 785EPX printer and using Epson Photo Paper, 4x6, non-perforated. No matter how I play with the settings, I get a border around the prints. I'm printing from digital pictures I took. I've tried from the original as it came out of the camera, at 2240 x 1488, and I also tried re-sizing to 640 x 480. Still no luck. I'm using a setting of "fit to page". The size is at 6.00 x 3.986 inches. Still a border. I'm wasting paper trying to get it right. Any id...

print v. print()
I am learning Python from Hammond & Robinson's _Python Programming on Win32_, January 2000 edition. This print "Sleeping for 10 seconds" which appears in some example code, fails to... um... Compile? Interpret? Well, whatever the word is, it fails. Trial and error revealed that print("Sleeping for 10 seconds") does the trick. I am using version 3.1.2, presumably the book's authors used some earlier version. So why the change from print to print()? I should warn you that I know nothing about computers in general or Python in pa...

How do I print borderless prints?
Hi. I'm trying to make borderless prints and not having any luck. I use Paint Shop Pro 8. I'm printing on an Epson 785EPX printer and using Epson Photo Paper, 4x6, non-perforated. No matter how I play with the settings, I get a border around the prints. I'm printing from digital pictures I took. I've tried from the original as it came out of the camera, at 2240 x 1488, and I also tried re-sizing to 640 x 480. Still no luck. I'm using a setting of "fit to page". The size is at 6.00 x 3.986 inches. Still a border. I'm wasting paper trying to get it right. Any id...

PRINT@ vs PRINT`
Hi I'm at the moment converting some old cassettes. This is a rather slow process and there is one quirk I have come across. These are 500baud level II tapes, mostly basic programs. In some of these old basic programs PRINT@ is instead PRINT`, that is instead of @ (0x40) you get ` (0x60). This results in an SN error (Syntax) on a model I ROM basic and LDOS disk basic. On model III ROM basic it still lists PRINT` but it works. So it seems that the tapes are from a model III or 4. I wonder why ever is there this quirk, is it a bug (model III/4)? Those programs ar...

Printing: controlling what pages get printed
I'm using Word 2004 version 11.3.5 on latest OS X 10.4.10. Sometimes I want to print a few of several pages. On the last instance I wanted to print 2 out of 3 pages that were emailed to me as an attachment. I thought I'd just print one at a time so I get just what I need (my toner is getting low). But it printed the last one (the one I didn't need) first. This happens all the time. Is there a way of controlling exactly what gets printed? Or can I just print 1 by 1? I tried but it said 1 of 3 and printed that page 3 first. Or should I just copy and paste the pages I w...

Is it possible to print [using window.print()] ...
Is it possible to print [using window.print()] a page that has no "title" and "page number" on the top and no "link adress" and "date" on the bottom (to print just a page just as it is...)? (how, thanks!) Bad_Kid said: > >Is it possible to print [using window.print()] a page that has no "title" >and "page number" on the top and no "link adress" and "date" on the bottom >(to print just a page just as it is...)? http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_23 "Bad_Kid" <REMOVEzlocesto_dijete@yah...

Print only iframe using window.print()
Dear all, I have some questions on printing iframe with javascript. Suppose I have several iframes in a .html file. While I called the window.print() function, the parent document is also printed. How can I disabled the parent document so that only the contents in the iframes are printed out? I found that it is difficult to use the javascript print() function because I just want the print dialog to show once. Thank you for every one!!! Fatbo ...

Slow Printing with Dlink Print Server
I am using a Dlink DP301-U print server to connect a Canon i950 to my network. It prints fine from all PC's, but is very slow. To give you an idea of how slow it is, it takes approximately 15 minutes to print one A4 size photo. Anyone got any ideas as to what might be wrong, or is this normal for the print server. Lofty ...

Using a Mac as CVS server, Linux and Mac clients
I need a CVS repository for source control. Builds are for both Linux and Mac OS X (10.2), so my idea was to setup a repository on a Mac box, then access it remotely from the Linux environment, but I'm having no luck. I'm on a small lan - I've given each box a unique IP address. I can ping the Mac from Linux. I can open an ssh session from Linux on the Mac. I can't rcp files (Connection refused). Any other network operations result in Connection refused. I can see the Mac, and the files under my account from my Windows XP box. I've turned on all the sharing stuff (sy...

HP-UX Print Problem
We have OKI 395 dot matrix printers attached to HP JetDirect 170X print servers. We run an application on a HP-UX 11 server which spools print jobs and passes them to the line print daemon. On the LAN this works without error, however we have problems over the WAN, with WAN sites linked via a site-to-site ipsec vpn. The majority of print jobs at these remote sites print without error, however several jobs per day get 'stuck' and print out the same job repeatedly. The only way to resolve this problem is to cancel the print job, which then releases all other jobs in the queue to the ...

Integration of the mac with Linux for printing services
Hello: I have several printers connected to Linux machines. I am getting a mac very soon for my wife. I would like it if the Mac can connect to our printers over a network. Or another thing I am considering is allowing the mac to be the print server. Has anyone attempted to do this, that is integrate a mac into a Linux network for printing services? Which approach is a better idea? Can the Mac print servers cooperate with Linux remote printing or CUPS? Theoretically , at least I believe it should work since the Mac's underlying OS is BSD. Thank You Matthew Harelick Matthew <...

Web resources about - Cannnot get Mac to print Linux Print Server using CUPS - comp.sys.mac.printing

Why You Cannnot Rely on Vendors for Your IT Strategy
Stefan Dietrich is a Technology Strategy Consultant who has held senior positions at several large IT organizations and has consulted to startups ...

Nationalism class at JNU: You cannnot define nation by forcing someone to toe a line
At around 6 pm, teachers formed a semi-circular human chain around hundreds of students who sat on the ground outside the administrative block ...

Cleveland Cavs fans 100% cannnot spell Matthew Dellavedova’s name
It may be "peanut butter Delly time" in Cleveland, but that still doesn't mean Cavaliers fans can spell the star NBA player's name. Matthew ...

Verification testing of quantum cryptographic communication system that theoretically cannnot be tapped ...
Toshiba Corporation will start verification testing of the transmission of genome analysis data using quantum cryptography that is theoretically ...

Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Matias Myllyrinne @ MausRMD ...

INDEX « JoNova: Science, carbon, climate and tax
Home ARCHIVED Blog Pages INDEX Abbreviations Reference Pages Climate Science Source Links ClimateGate ClimateGate: 30 year timeline ClimateGate: ...

Tehran won't get sanctions relief from US until next year under Iran nuclear deal
The US &quot;cannnot imagine&quot; that Iran can prove it is complying with the nuclear deal in less than two months.

Stateline Tasmania
Its been almost twenty years since the high court stopped the Franklin River from being flooded It was a landmark decision which changed Federal/State ...

Science Hobbyist Comment Book
I am no "physicist" by any chance, but the remark "There's a lot ofcomplacent self-deception... among physicists" made by Charles Dillingham(Clarkston, ...

AmsterdamTips.com - Contact Us Form Page
Amsterdam Tips - News / Blog on Amsterdam, Netherlands