HP Envy 120 Printer - Connection Question

I recently purchased an HP Envy 120 printer and first connected it via
a USB cable and then connected it wirelessly and disconnected the USB
cable. Now whenever I opt to print I am faced with having to select
between the disconnected USB and the wireless connectiion. How do I go
about eliminating the unused USB connection?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas

0
TaliesinSoft
8/21/2013 4:03:49 AM
comp.sys.mac.printing 1394 articles. 0 followers. littlesister (1) is leader. Post Follow

In article <b7ish5F7ld0U1@mid.individual.net>,
 TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote:

> I recently purchased an HP Envy 120 printer and first connected it via
> a USB cable and then connected it wirelessly and disconnected the USB
> cable. Now whenever I opt to print I am faced with having to select
> between the disconnected USB and the wireless connectiion. How do I go
> about eliminating the unused USB connection?

James-

In System Preferences - Print & Scan, at the bottom of the screen one of
the printer versions should be listed as the Default printer.  You can
change the default there, which should keep you from having to select
the other one each time you print.

You should see both versions of the printer listed in the left window.
If you want to delete the USB version, select it and click the minus
sign below that window.

If there is any confusion about which is which, delete both and re-add
by clicking the plus sign.

Fred
0
Fred
8/23/2013 1:35:36 AM
On 2013-08-23 01:35:36 +0000, Fred McKenzie said:

> In article <b7ish5F7ld0U1@mid.individual.net>,
>  TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote:
>
>> I recently purchased an HP Envy 120 printer and first connected it via
>> a USB cable and then connected it wirelessly and disconnected the USB
>> cable. Now whenever I opt to print I am faced with having to select
>> between the disconnected USB and the wireless connectiion. How do I go
>> about eliminating the unused USB connection?
>
> James-
>
> In System Preferences - Print & Scan, at the bottom of the screen one of
> the printer versions should be listed as the Default printer.  You can
> change the default there, which should keep you from having to select
> the other one each time you print.
>
> You should see both versions of the printer listed in the left window.
> If you want to delete the USB version, select it and click the minus
> sign below that window.
>
> If there is any confusion about which is which, delete both and re-add
> by clicking the plus sign.
>
> Fred

Did the job!   :-)

Many thanks!