HP PSC All-in-One and OS 10.8

Just got a new Mac Mini with OS 10.8 and can't get it to print to my
old HP PSC 950.  Any help would be appreciated
0
Ed
11/12/2012 2:33:35 PM
comp.sys.mac.printing 1394 articles. 0 followers. littlesister (1) is leader. Post Follow

In article <121120120933353034%ed@nospam.nospam>, Ed <ed@nospam.nospam>
wrote:

> Just got a new Mac Mini with OS 10.8 and can't get it to print to my
> old HP PSC 950.  Any help would be appreciated

You ask that question, but don't bother to tell us what you've tried and
how it didn't work? Not even a single error message to give us a hint?
Really?

JR
0
Jolly
11/12/2012 2:58:44 PM
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:33:35 -0500, Ed wrote
(in article <121120120933353034%ed@nospam.nospam>):

> Just got a new Mac Mini with OS 10.8 and can't get it to print to my
> old HP PSC 950.  Any help would be appreciated

It's dead, Jim. I had a PSC1350; it hit Leopard and bounced, hard. HP
eventually came up with (very bad) drivers for the printer section, but never
for the scanner section. HP support told me, straight up, that the PSC series
was no longer supported and that I'd have to get a new system. I did. I
bought a MFD from Brother. I'm still using it. Brother Marketing should send
flowers to HP (non) Support.

There are 3rd-party printer drivers for the PSC1350 which worked a lot better
than the HP drivers ever did; they still work. You might try Gutenprint or
HPIJS (note that HPIJS contains drivers actually written by HP people, and is
actually hosted by HP, but is NOT official. Many of the HPIJS drivers are of
better quality than the official HP drivers, too. Your guess is a good as
mine as to why HP has gone to so much trouble to hide stuff away.) for
printer drivers. You might try 3rd-party scanner systems, such as VueScan.

Or you might just dump the PSC and get a newer MFD.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:58:44 -0500, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article <jollyroger-CD0A71.06584312112012@news.individual.net>):

> In article <121120120933353034%ed@nospam.nospam>, Ed <ed@nospam.nospam>
> wrote:
>
>> Just got a new Mac Mini with OS 10.8 and can't get it to print to my
>> old HP PSC 950.  Any help would be appreciated
>
> You ask that question, but don't bother to tell us what you've tried and
> how it didn't work? Not even a single error message to give us a hint?
> Really?

It's an HP MFD. it's pretty much dead on impact with any version of the OS
past 10.5.