iPhoto won't print to my Epson printer

Fellow Mac users:
After using the program and printer for about 9 months, iPhoto 2.0
will not print to my Epson Stylus Photo 925. Here's what I've done.
1. Called Epson - In that the printer works with other applications
including MS Word and Epson's Film Factory, they say that the problem
is not with their printer.
2. Called Apple - trashed com.apple.iphoto.plist preference, tried
starting with all new preferences. No luck. They say that they can't
help me.

Here's what happens. The signal goes from the computer to the printer.
The printer starts to process. Then the 8.5x11 paper just goes
straight through the machine without printing a thing. Keep in mind
that other software does print to this printer.

I've got a 1GHz Power PC G4 iMac running OSX 10.2.8 with 768 mb of
memory.

I did have one success printing from iPhoto tonight, but after
numerous additional attempts, and the tests/fixes listed above, I have
had no more luck. Very frustrating.

I really do want to continue using iPhoto, so I'm hoping that someone
has a suggestion that will work. Thanks for any support you can offer.
Tom
Milwaukee
comp.sys.mac.printing 1394 articles. 0 followers. littlesister (1) is leader. Post Follow

Success!
Today, being a new day, I tried again and I have great color photos.
Here's what I did.

1. Restarted my computer from another drive, opened iPhoto and printed
to the Stylus 925.
2. Opened the drive with the troublesome iPhoto and AGAIN trashed the
com.apple.iphoto.plist preference.
3. Restarted the computer with the original drive.
4. Print test was successful.

Well, I don't know exactly what caused today's success, but I am happy
again.
Good luck to all!
Tom :)
Milwaukee

t.p.bernhardt@sbcglobal.net (Tom) wrote in message news:<c0a28018.0404291704.41f9a40@posting.google.com>...
> Fellow Mac users:
> After using the program and printer for about 9 months, iPhoto 2.0
> will not print to my Epson Stylus Photo 925. Here's what I've done.
> 1. Called Epson - In that the printer works with other applications
> including MS Word and Epson's Film Factory, they say that the problem
> is not with their printer.
> 2. Called Apple - trashed com.apple.iphoto.plist preference, tried
> starting with all new preferences. No luck. They say that they can't
> help me.
>
> Here's what happens. The signal goes from the computer to the printer.
> The printer starts to process. Then the 8.5x11 paper just goes
> straight through the machine without printing a thing. Keep in mind
> that other software does print to this printer.
>
> I've got a 1GHz Power PC G4 iMac running OSX 10.2.8 with 768 mb of
> memory.
>
> I did have one success printing from iPhoto tonight, but after
> numerous additional attempts, and the tests/fixes listed above, I have
> had no more luck. Very frustrating.
>
> I really do want to continue using iPhoto, so I'm hoping that someone
> has a suggestion that will work. Thanks for any support you can offer.
> Tom
> Milwaukee
There have been problems reported when trying to print to Epson from iPhoto
using a custom paper size setting.

Toots

In article <c0a28018.0404301301.7613cb94@posting.google.com>,
t.p.bernhardt@sbcglobal.net (Tom) wrote:

Success!
Today, being a new day, I tried again and I have great color photos.
Here's what I did.

1. Restarted my computer from another drive, opened iPhoto and printed
to the Stylus 925.
2. Opened the drive with the troublesome iPhoto and AGAIN trashed the
com.apple.iphoto.plist preference.
3. Restarted the computer with the original drive.
4. Print test was successful.

Well, I don't know exactly what caused today's success, but I am happy
again.
Good luck to all!
Tom :)
Milwaukee