Mac Sys 7.x Appletalk/Windows XP Printer

Does anyone know of a printer that has the following characteristics:

1. Has an Appletalk port that prints to Mac System 7.x; and

2. Has a USB or parallel port that prints to Windows XP; and

3. Is currently on the market?

Thanks.
0
googlegrouper
12/5/2003 8:54:50 AM
comp.sys.mac.printing 1394 articles. 0 followers. littlesister (1) is leader. Post Follow

<< 1. Has an Appletalk port that prints to Mac System 7.x; and

2. Has a USB or parallel port that prints to Windows XP; and

3. Is currently on the market?

Thanks. >>

   It's not on the current market but the Epson Stylus Color 740 has USB
parallel and Mac serial ports.  They are available on E-bay.

hth
Ron
0
ostiaantic

Mac Systerm 7.x / Windows XP Printer
Does anyone know of a printer that has the following characteristics: 1. Has an Appletalk port that prints to Mac System 7.x; and 2. Has a USB or parallel port that prints to Windows XP; and 3. Is currently on the market? Thanks. If on the market means used and old, then maybe, but I don't think they ever made printers with USB and with an Appletalk port. However, if you are running system 7, you are going to be very limited as to what printers you can use unless you find drivers. Make sure you do your research before proceeding. Kind Regards, Nathaniel -- flik...

Printing to a Mac printer from Windows XP
I want to set up a network where a Mac (OS 10.3) is connected to a USB printer but where most of the clients are Windows XP machines. Can someone either give me a simple step by step for configuring things, or point me to a resource that has instructions? Thanks. Jim Jim McCord wrote: > I want to set up a network where a Mac (OS 10.3) is connected to a USB > printer but where most of the clients are Windows XP machines. Try <http://www.18james.com/osx_printer_sharing.html>. -- Ronald Florence ron.18james.com In article <8Kv8d.13381$pN6.11434@fed1read06>, Ronald ...

Network Printing (Mac X to Windows XP)
I have a wireless network of Windows XP machines and a G5 Mac OS X. I have a laser (HP 1000) printer attached to a USB port on an XP machine. I would like to use my wireless network to print to it from my Mac. Can I do this? If so can someone direct me to some instructions. I looked in the various "knowledge bases" and saw nothing obvious. -Wayne On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:54:20 -0500, "Wayne Happ" <whapp@comcast.net> wrote: > >I have a wireless network of Windows XP machines and a G5 Mac OS X. I have >a laser (HP 1000) printer attached to a USB port o...

Printer Sharing between Mac OS X: Tiger and Windows XP SP2
I just got a new G4 Powerbook and am loving it, except for one thing. I can't get it to print to our home printer. Our home printer is an HP PSC 1610 All-In-One, and it is hooked up by USB to our Dell desktop running Windows XP SP2. We have a Netgear wireless router here, and I am hooked up to it through the built-in Airport Extreme card in the powerbook. Any ideas on how to get printer sharing to work? ...

Printing from Mac to Canon MP730 USB printer shared by Windows XP machine
We're contemplating purchasing a Mac for my wife, but are hung up about printing to our existing Canon MP730 USB printer that hangs off my XP machine. According to Canon's website there aren't any drivers available for that machine to hook it to a Mac. I'm ignorant enough to be unsure whether it should be possible to make the Mac print to the Canon or not via the sharing mechanism. My gut feeling is that without a Mac driver it's not going to work, but semi-experts have assured me that the Mac can "take advantage" of the PC's driver to print - some...

sharing printer on Mac with Mac/Windows
Hi. I have a new Mac G5 with a USB printer attached to it. I would like to print to this printer from other computers also, other Macs and Windows machines. I have: 1) Enabled Printer Sharing 2) Enabled Windows Sharing 3) In Print & Fax, selected Sharing and check marded this printer. According to Mac Help, this printer should automatically appear in print dialog boxes from any other computer on the subnet that can see it. Well, I think my laptop is on the same subnet but I cannot see it. Where exactly should I see it? There is a list of "Shared Printers" and also of "Bonjo...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

"X-Fi" only designed to overcome limitations of Windows XP
Well, well. You live and learn: [quote] The X-Fi chipset uses an internal resampling algorithm that was designed to work around the audio limitations of Windows XP (kmixer). The Windows XP architecture by default resampled all signals to 48KHz. Because such a resampling is lossy, and kmixer is a low quality integer resampler, the X-Fi was designed to alleviate the quality loss by overriding it with its own, higher quality resampler. For Windows Vista and 7, the audio architecture was rebuilt (now using high quality floating point calculations and capable of versatile sample rates and bit-for...

Running Windows Apps on mac os x without booting Windows XP: soon ! ( ?)
subject: Mac os x on intel machines:---> WINE on Mac os X ?? Since wine is unix/ linux, and runs windows apps, I suppose it will be possible to run windows apps on mac os x-intel, without the windows OS. Is there somebody aware of this / working on the project ?? (a port) Thanks, Marc -----PS---- Apple says: The blue & White is supported for OS X. �It is not true. � The rev A poses problems ... http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/apple/ Apple phished me into a lots of lost time, lost money and lost credentials... -- een appeltje te schillen met http://users.fulladsl.be/spb1...

Can somone help a Windows geek get a Mac to print to a USB printer on a print server???
I'm trying to help my sister and brother-in-law with their mixed marriage! They had a nice Windows home, pc's networked together and he decided he wanted to kill the home PC, get a MAC and have the two of them roam the house in cyber bliss. The problem is the printer - a HP PSC 2210 All-In-One. Since the desktop was PC was removed, I put in a D-Link DP-301U network USB print server. The Windows PC can print fine. The MacBook pro running OS X 10.4.11 can't. Despite the statements that MAS OS is supported all over the D-Link box, I can't get any support from D-Link. ...

How to set up printing to a mac that has a usb printer shared from another mac
I have 2 macs running os X. One of the MACs has a USB Printer (lexmark c500) connected and configured. I can print using the computer that it is connected to it. I have set up the printer as a shared printer and enabled print sharing in the firewall section. I want to set up the other mac to print to the printer connected to the other mac. I go into the system preferences under print & fax and set up a printer. I can't see the printer connected to the other computer. I selected Rondevous, USB and IP printing and all search but do not find the printer. I am new to macs so ple...

Mac to mac

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Web resources about - Mac Sys 7.x Appletalk/Windows XP Printer - comp.sys.mac.printing

AppleTalk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AppleTalk is a proprietary suite of networking protocols developed by Apple Inc. for their Macintosh computers . AppleTalk included a number ...

AppleTalk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AppleTalk is a proprietary suite of networking protocols developed by Apple Inc. for their Macintosh computers . AppleTalk included a number ...

Hackaday Retro Edition: AppleTalk
... screen. Part of this is the nigh indestructible nature of these boxes, and part of this is the networking built into every classic Mac – AppleTalk ...

Remembering Quark and AppleTalk, Netware and Gopher
The Apple Mac has played an important part of my professional journalism career for at least 20 of the years that I have been a writer. One Mac ...

Behind The Scenes At The Crunchies, HyperCard And AppleTalk Play A Role In Putting On The Show
... yet it’s still in daily use today. The system runs off a long discontinued Apple Power Mac G4 with custom HyperCard software and AppleTalk networking, ...

800 CEO READ - Business Books & Great Ideas
800-CEO-READ (8cr) is the business book division of Dickens Books LTD. We sell business books and promote great ideas.

Apple - Remote Desktop 3 - Technical Specifications
Read the technical specifications for Apple Remote Desktop 3.

Macintosh PowerBook 100: Technical Specifications
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple. Macintosh PowerBook 100 Logic Board Ports Power Processor: 68000, 16 PMMU: ...

Macintosh 128K: Technical Specifications
Archived - This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple. Macintosh 128K Logic Board Ports Power Processor: 68000, 8 PMMU: ...

The future is forever: the state of IPv6 in the Apple world
Photo illustration by Aurich Lawson With the demise of Apple's own networking protocol AppleTalk , Apple's products are suffering from the same ...