ZUtA Pocket Printer

Sort of like robo-vaccum cleaners and robo-lawn mowers, this tiny
little printer walks itself over the page while printing.

No doubt it is too slow for today's "I want it NOW!" generation though
at 1.2 pages per minute. It's currently a prototype Kickstater project
and only prints in greyscale at 96 x 192 dpi, but colour versions are
planned.

<http://zutalabs.com>
<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1686304142/the-mini-mobile-robotic-
printer>
0
Your
9/1/2014 7:13:10 AM
comp.sys.mac.printing 1394 articles. 0 followers. littlesister (1) is leader. Post Follow

How to set up printing to a mac that has a usb printer shared from another mac
I have 2 macs running os X. One of the MACs has a USB Printer (lexmark c500) connected and configured. I can print using the computer that it is connected to it. I have set up the printer as a shared printer and enabled print sharing in the firewall section. I want to set up the other mac to print to the printer connected to the other mac. I go into the system preferences under print & fax and set up a printer. I can't see the printer connected to the other computer. I selected Rondevous, USB and IP printing and all search but do not find the printer. I am new to macs so ple...

Can somone help a Windows geek get a Mac to print to a USB printer on a print server???
I'm trying to help my sister and brother-in-law with their mixed marriage! They had a nice Windows home, pc's networked together and he decided he wanted to kill the home PC, get a MAC and have the two of them roam the house in cyber bliss. The problem is the printer - a HP PSC 2210 All-In-One. Since the desktop was PC was removed, I put in a D-Link DP-301U network USB print server. The Windows PC can print fine. The MacBook pro running OS X 10.4.11 can't. Despite the statements that MAS OS is supported all over the D-Link box, I can't get any support from D-Link. ...

With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing se
With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing set to on. I am able to print from one Mac to another via sharing. What about the PC ? -- http://bergenbulldogradio.blogspot.com/ In article <il9Yg.1193$6D3.1191@trnddc01>, Marshall <notmkatzman@verizon.net> wrote: > With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my > PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. > Again I have ...

Printing to a Mac printer from Windows XP
I want to set up a network where a Mac (OS 10.3) is connected to a USB printer but where most of the clients are Windows XP machines. Can someone either give me a simple step by step for configuring things, or point me to a resource that has instructions? Thanks. Jim Jim McCord wrote: > I want to set up a network where a Mac (OS 10.3) is connected to a USB > printer but where most of the clients are Windows XP machines. Try <http://www.18james.com/osx_printer_sharing.html>. -- Ronald Florence ron.18james.com In article <8Kv8d.13381$pN6.11434@fed1read06>, Ronald ...

Printing from Windows to Printer on Mac OSX
I am running OSX Panther on an iMac with a Canon S900 printer connected via USB to my Mac. I have a Linksys Wireless G Router. My daughters iBook sees the printer when on my wireless network and prints no problem - I have Printer Sharing checked in System Preferences. But no matter what I try I can't get my Windows 2000 laptop to "see" the printer. Mac knowledge base says I should be able to print using SMB, but can't seem to make it work. As a side note, I also have Windows File Sharing checked in System Preferences and my Windows system can see my Mac f...

Printing to a printer connected to a mac from a PC
I have a mac with a usb lexmarkc500 printer connected to it. I can print fine using the mac that it's connected to and I can also print to it from other macs in my network. I want to print to it from my win xp pc. I can see the printer and connect to it from my xp machine in a few ways. 1. I can browse the mac via network neighborhood and connect to it that way 2. I can go through the add a new printer option in XP to add the the printer and can connect that way The issue is that I am connected but everytime I print from the xp machine it does not print. I need help. I am...

Printing from Mac to Win2K shared printer
I'm still trying to get our Macs (one iBook G4, one G4 Mini, one MacBook, all running 10.4.8) to print to the LaserJet 5MP I'm sharing from a Win2000 (Pro) server. This USED to work. It really did. I think one of the 10.4.x system updates broke it for me. I've enabled guest account on the Win2K box. I can connect to shared drives on that machine from the Macs, no problem. When I click on the + button in the printer list, the Printer Setup Utility shows that shared printer automagically. If I try to add it through that route, it appears to install properly, but documents sent to t...

Mac printing in non-PS printers
Hi. There's a chap in my local network who has a Mac Snow Leopard. There are several printers available, namely Ricoh Aficio MP-C3500 and Sharp MX-2300N. None of these printers (networked printers) have PostScript and will not have. Is there a way to use these printers? There are other computers (Windows) that can share (indirectly) these printers to the Mac. But looks like the lack of PostScript support remains. Thanks Henry In article <ebdcfa4a-c017-4fc9-a01d-53d04f1bc5ff@v25g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, Henry <hjrmartins@gmail.com> wrote: > H...

Getting a Mac to print to a Windows USB Printer
Is a primary domain controller required for this? If not, what is necessary to accomplish this? The Mac sees the NetBIOS workgroup and the printer's name and sends the print job. Sometimes it appears in the print queue but then never prints. The Windows computer does print to the HP OfficeJet 5610xi (I didn't buy it! :) and, when connected via USB to the Mac, the Mac also prints to it. Thanks for any thoughts, resolutions or clues. In article <f99a8520-c3cc-4bed-9eab-5c7449551e36@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, paintedjazz@gmail.com wrote: > Is a primary domain contr...

Printing to Mac Connected Printer from MS Office
I have a HP printer connected and shared from Mac running OS X. I find that this connection is very unstable and only works intermittenly. Setup Mac Mini running OS X HP printer connected via USB port PC Running Office XP & Windows XP Connected via wireless network It seems as though the printer works when I re-connect, yet a day or so later, when printing from MS Word, the following error is posted "Windows Can Not Print due to a problem with the current printer setup..." Thank you, ...

Best way to print to Canon Printer on a Mac?
Hi there I have a Mac mini with OS X 10.6.1, to which is connected a Canon PIXMA IP4600 printer. I also have a StrongARM RISCPC, RO 4.37. They are connected via a wireless network. What is the best (and cheapest) way to print from the RISCPC to the Canon Printer? Getting USB for the RISC PC os not an option, its too expensive. I already have the latest version of Gutenprint, which supports the IP4600 printer. Any ideas appreciated! Regards Samuel Kock In message <9526642b-abd5-4058-b5fe-d8859b90e891@m16g2000yqc.googlegro ups.com> "kockster@gmail.co...

printing from panther to a mac os 9 printer
> I run a small network and have an imac running os 9.2.2 with an epson > colour stylus 740 printer connected to it. > two other macs running panther 10.3.2 are connected via networking > and i want to be able to share the printer with them. > > i know i can connect the printer to one of the mac os x machines and > the os 9 imac will print to it but id prefer not to since the panther > machines are laptops. ive tried using usb printer sharing in the > control panel on os 9 but the panther laptops dont seem to recognise > it. > > can someone point me...

Print from PC to Printer on Mac via Airport
Methinks the title pretty much says it all. We have several Macs and a single PC connected via Airport. The unfortunate soul who has to use the PC would like to use a printer connected to one of the Macs. If she was on any of the Macs this is trivial. What has to be done so that the PC can see the printer too? -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft "My dog never came across a bush he didn't like!" I think your situation might be easier if the printer was ethernet capable, was being used as a network printer, and the PC had the proper drivers. If it is a USB printer being serv...

Windows boxes not printing to shared Mac printers
A couple of weeks ago my home network was working just fine. I have a couple of printers shared off my Mac. I was able to get both Windows computers and Macs to print to the shared computers. I recently got a MacBook Pro which is now my main (always on) computer. I now have the printers shared off of the MacBook. While other Macs can print just fine, I can no longer get the Windows boxes to print on the shared printers. When adding a new printer on Windows, the wizard does see the printers just fine and adds them just like with the old Mac. However, when you try to print, nothing...

Web resources about - ZUtA Pocket Printer - comp.sys.mac.printing

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...