Creating window from window object in nib file

I have to be looking right through what I want.

My app comes up with the main window from the nib, just like it should.
The stuff I've done so far works as planned, and the results get
displayed as text in the main window - just as expected. Now I want to
open up another window, using a different window from the nibfile, so I
can display some stuff that the main window is already displaying
textually, but do it as a graphic in the new window using a customized
NSView. In IB, I've subclassed MyCustomNSView from NSView, instantiated
it, created the files, created MyCustomNSViewWindow, dropped a custom
NSView into it, and all the rest needed to set up the window in IB.

I'm apparently blind - I've tried searching in the docs using every
variant I can think of that seems to make any sense, but I can't find a
"Make me a new window using MyCustomNSViewWindow from the nib file"
method.

I know I *COULD*, but don't want to have it show up at "awakeFromNib" or
"appDidFinishLaunching" or similar time - It makes no sense to have it
visible until after the user has done "other stuff" to generate the data
that's supposed to be displayed graphically.

What method am I looking for???
0
Poster
8/8/2012 7:35:32 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Hello,

maybe its [NSBundle loadNibNamed:@"nameWithoutNibExtension" owner:self]; ?

regards,

Robert
0
Robert

Creating Help Files for windows.
I need to create a help file for my assessment program. I have a Windows CHM file already. I also have the "help.htm" file I created the CHM from. I used ShowURL "help.htm" ----this would not launch browser with local help file Also tried ShowUrl "file://help.htm" did not work either I could not find a method to launch hh.exe to load my "help.chm" any help would be appreciated allen PiedmontBiz <piedmontbiz@aol.com> wrote: > I need to create a help file for my assessment program. > I have a Windows CHM file already. ...

Help! Windows 98 INF file, Driver file (.sys) is not getting copied into system directory
Hi Everybody, We have a plug and play driver for PCI based add on card in windows 2000/XP. It is working successfully. We are using the same INF file to install the driver for the same PCI card in Widows 98. Our driver file (.sys) is not copying into the system directory. Is there any mistake in copyfile section of below given INF file.But after installation, in the device manager properties, all the resources are allocated for the card.It is showing driver is working properly. But our driver file (.sys) is not copied into either system or system32\drivers folder of wind...

how do I create an image file from an object graphics window?
Hi, I want to save the RGB-image displayed in an object graphics window (IDLgrWindow) in a TIFF or JPEG file. When I use TVRD to copy the image from the window, the resulting image is empty. My impression is, that TVRD does not work with object graphics. My question: how do I create an image file from an object graphics window? Thanks, Holger Diract graphics is not campatible with objects graphics. If you want a screenshot of the IDLgrWindow you can use: oWindow->GetProperty, IMAGE_DATA=img WRITE_PNG, name, img or you can use the method "read" of the idlgrwindow. Bye. Hol...

Creating framed windows with window()
This might be a simple question, but I would like to create a window with a border around it using Turbo Pascal's window() procedure. How can I do this? Also, are there any good units out there that are compatible with TP7 and that have procedures and/or functions that can make creating these types of windows easier? A Turbo Pascal unit library similar to the CXL - (The C Programmer's Extended Function Library), which was developed in the early 1990's by Mike Smedley, would be great. I appreciate any help. Thanks! "Craig" <nightwatchman94@hotmail.com&g...

Help creating tiff / tiffg3 files from windows app
Dear Help, Most likely not the best forum for a windows question, but hoping theirs a linux person out their that can help me with a potential windows delima. I have developed an ordering app in .net. Would like to send the orders out via fax. Understand that I have to convert the files to .tiff / .tiffg3 format before submitting to a service that can send the fax. New to this Ghostscript/ Postscript. Is their a windows version? Appreciate all and any help. Thank You, Brian j. Stoffer (brians@dnx.net) brianstoffer@hotmail.com wrote: > Dear Help, > > Most likely not the best...

OS X: Creating window without using nib file
I was wondering if any of you guys would know how (or if) I can make a window without having to use a nib file. The idea of gathering information like that from a file just doesn't feel right to me and I would hate my self for publishing code using such evil mechanism. Anyway, All I can find are referances and they're not very helpful. In article <d70179c8.0410030836.6ac003a@posting.google.com>, andryng@gmail.com (Andri Yngvason) wrote: > I was wondering if any of you guys would know how (or if) I can make a > window without having to use a nib file. The idea ...

Low level window object and high level window object
Hello Experts! I'm reading in a document about window system and in here I read this text that follows. "The X Window System distinguishes between a low level window object that describes a screen area and a high level window object that encompasses event handling and drawing on the window. It uses the term window for the low level object and widget for the high level. Because the functions of Xlib are too low level, another library of functions (the X Intrinsics) and objects (the X Widgets) has been build on top of it. Collectively the Intrinsics and the Widgets...

Help with using VPN to secure Mac and windows file sharing
Greetings all, Our enterprize have 3 Macs among a bunch of windows machines. I am setting up on a windows 2000 server a secure file to be accessed by a group that uses mainly windows XP and one with Mac runing the latest panther software. The windows group can access the file on the server using VPN, I need as well to give a secure access internaly within the building of the Mac machine to that file. I can access the window file from the Mac with no problem, however I want to access it securely through VPN preferably as it is already configured. Is there a way to do this? if not is the...

Low level window object and high level window object
Hello Experts! I'm reading in a document about window system and in here I read this text that follows. "The X Window System distinguishes between a low level window object that describes a screen area and a high level window object that encompasses event handling and drawing on the window. It uses the term window for the low level object and widget for the high level. Because the functions of Xlib are too low level, another library of functions (the X Intrinsics) and objects (the X Widgets) has been build on top of it. Collectively the Intrinsics and the Widgets are k...

Low level window object and high level window object
Hello Experts! I'm reading in a document about window system and in here I read this text that follows. "The X Window System distinguishes between a low level window object that describes a screen area and a high level window object that encompasses event handling and drawing on the window. It uses the term window for the low level object and widget for the high level. Because the functions of Xlib are too low level, another library of functions (the X Intrinsics) and objects (the X Widgets) has been build on top of it. Collectively the Intrinsics and the Widgets are k...

How can I extract files from an Iomega Zip disk created on a Mac to Windows?
I want to extract files from Zip (Iomega) disks created on a Macintosh a decade or more ago. Is there a way to do this (that isn't $$$ expensive $$$)? Thanks very much for any information! Find a kind Mac user with a Zip drive and a CD burner. Check with your local Mac user group. I�ve copied plenty of Zip and floppy files onto CD for friends. In article <db8757be.0406061117.260dc23@posting.google.com>, Dan C <dmcromer@mchsi.com> wrote: > I want to extract files from Zip (Iomega) disks created on a Macintosh > a decade or more ago. Is there a way to do this (that i...

Windows service does not recognize additional installed postscript fonts (type 1) when creating postscript files (exceptions are windows standard Arial, Courier New, etc.)
Windows 2000 receives command line parameters over the Oracle Report Runtime (rwrun60.exe) to create the postscript files. If we send the statement directly from the server, the postscripts files are being created without any problems. If the call is triggert by an external procedure on an Oracle DB(8.1.7.4.1) the services takes the Windows standard fonts and does not recognize the additionally installed postscript fonts that have been used by the Oracle Report. The external procedure is in an shared library. A service named EXTPROC (External Procedure Listener) loads this library dynamical...

Unable to create window after registering a window.
Hi I am trying to register a window as follows(I am doing this so that I get empty window and I can add controls into it as I desire) wc = new WNDCLASSEX(); //wc.hInstance = Marshal.GetHINSTANCE(this.GetType().Module); wc.lpszClassName = "TestWindow"; wc.lpfnWndProc = wndProcDelegate1; wc.cbSize = Marshal.SizeOf(typeof(WNDCLASSEX)); wc.hbrBackground = GetStockObject(BLACK_BRUSH); atom = RegisterClassEx(ref wc); This is how I am registering I get soem value of atom Then I register the window usi...

Dialog windows and Data windows help
Hi I am trying to develop a simple bingo calling system ( from 1 to 90 ) My main window consists of 2 pushbuttons called start & stop and a singleline edit field called CALLEDNUM. When i press the START button the system should begin to automatically display and call out numbers until the STOP button is pressed and then resume when the START button is pressed again. METHOD STARTBUTTON( ) CLASS BINGO local nPos, nCurrent as usual // get a random number from uncalled array- initially 90 numbers Rand( Seconds() ) do while Len( aUncalled) > 0 nPos := Integ...

How to load a *.mat file in Windows XP, if the *.mat file was saved in Windows Vista
I had saved a *.mat file in Windows Vista MATLAB installation. Now, I want to open this *.mat file in Windows XP MATLAB installation. But when i try opening this *.mat file in Windows XP MATLAB installation, it gives me following error load('-mat','Train2003') ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT-file C:\MATLAB7\work\libsvm-mat-2.87-1\Train2003.mat: not a binary MAT-file. Anyone with ideas. Please help me out how to load this Train2003.mat file in Windows XP MATLAB installation. Amogh Rajanna Was the Matlab version the same? "Matt Fig" <spamanon@...

resizing objects in the window when the window resizes...
How do you anchor objects on the gui so that they resize and change as the main window is changed? JustSomeGuy a �crit: > How do you anchor objects on the gui so that they resize and change as the > main window is changed? Assuming the objects are actually on the main window, use the LockLeft, LockTop, LockRight and LockBottom properties. For example, if you set the LockTop and LockBottom properties to true, the control's height will change accordingly to the window. For more information, check the RectControl class in the language reference (help) and look fo...

Object Graphics Windows in X Windows
Folks, I presume I'm the last to hear about this, but I learned about an X server that runs on Windows the other day, named Xming: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming It is very nice, and it's free. :-) After installing it on my Windows machine, I can log into my LINUX box at work from home and see my calendar, e-mail, EMACS, and even the IDL Workbench! Wow. Who knew!? It works great, except that the darn thing cannot display any kind of object graphics window. This is a HUGE disappointment, naturally, as I can't use my iTools. ;-) Is this an IDL problem, do you think, ...

How to create a brush with .JPG file in a Windows Resource file ?
Hi all, Because I'm tired of drawing images on windows and controls, I decided to assign a PatternBrush to windows or controls. But I don't want my app grow bigger, I'll use .JPG files. I found a cool sample posted by Michael Rubinstein. Its name is WPBrush. With WPBrush, you can save a ..JPG file in a windows resource file, create a PatternBrush with it and finally, the brush will be assigned to a Window or a Control as the Background Brush. Very nice. You don't have to write a dispatch method. But actually, it's not working. Can anybody let me know what&...

Batch file
Oh ladies and gentlemen do I need help (in more ways then one but let's get on to it). I have written a batch file for a client to backup a computer's partitions onto an external hard drive. The computer is running XP Professional, ALL PARTITIONS and the external hard disk is NTFS. I have a script for every computer - THEY ALL WORK except one. I am having problems on one of the clients partitions (F:). It is a 8.6 GIG partition that is in size 40 GIG (NTFS) and it is shared. Ok here's what's happening. The code for this file is posted below. Now before I continue...

Create File window
Hi: Can any one please tell me how to i create a button which open a file window from where i select any file and then it pass the file data into the list box. Basically in this file i have only 6 digit numbers which i need to process into the listbox. Needs help Thanks, Anna. colleen1980@gmail.com wrote: > Hi: Can any one please tell me how to i create a button which open a > file window from where i select any file and then it pass the file > data into the list box. Basically in this file i have only 6 digit > numbers which i need to process into the listbox. Needs help Where...

windows help files ?
Hello, I've 2 questions about python help files: 1. how can I launch the windows help file (CHM), from python with a keyword as argument ? 2. now when my program should also run under Linux/Mac, how should I call the help file under Linux/Mac. Going to the website for the help information is not an option. thanks, Stef On Oct 2, 9:13=A0am, Stef Mientki <stef.mien...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I've 2 questions about python help files: > > 1. how can I launch the windows help file (CHM), from python =A0with a > keyword as argument ? > > 2. now...

Gui having an 'open file window' and a 'save file window'
Is it possible to click on a button in the gui and have a Windows-like window where I can select the file to open and another like when you click on 'save as'? Thank you very much nathaniel zoso wrote: > Is it possible to click on a button in the gui and have a > Windows-like window where I can select the file to open and another > like when you click on 'save as'? > > Thank you very much Check out the UIGETFILE and UIPUTFILE functions, respectively. -SteveSimon ...

MacDrive lets Windows-equipped Macs see Mac files
http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/07/macdrive/index.php "MediaFour�s MacDrive helps Windows PCs access files that are stored on disks and drives formatted for the Macintosh. What�s more, MacDrive works on Intel Macs that have been equipped with Windows XP and Boot Camp. With MacDrive installed, a Mac running Windows XP can see all the Mac- specific files and directories on their computer�s Mac OS X boot partition. No special steps are required beyond installing MacDrive � Mac disks appear automatically. MacDrive�s functionality doesn�t stop there, either � you can also view al...

Root Window & Windows within Windows
Even (on 98) if you replace the shell explorer.exe you are left with the root window. Explorer.exe does a good job of adding content to the root window. It places icons on your desktop and gives you a task bar. The only ability I am aware of that programmers have to add content to the root window (aside from replacing explorer.exe), is with Active Desktop. I feel that active desktop should be a program we can write ourselves. We should be able to write our own programs that are drawn directly to the root window, just like active desktop windows are. Even when you replace ...

Web resources about - Creating window from window object in nib file - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help

Wikipedia:Creating a bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is often far simpler to request a bot job from an existing bot. If you have only periodic requests or are uncomfortable with programming languages, ...

Sandi Krakowski’s Tips for Creating Great Content
Quick tips to help you create great content for your business.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook simplifies process for creating repeat events
Facebook introduced a new feature for events this week that allows users to quickly create a similar event as one they previously hosted or attended. ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Road Map To Market Your Startup
Spreading the word can be challenging when you’re new to an industry, don’t have a big budget, and have little helpbut it’s possible.You’ll need ...

Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine ...
Get Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and Twitter on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creating Economic Dynamism: Joseph E. Stiglitz
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 25JAN13 - Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, Columbia University, USA talks during the session 'Creating Economic Dynamism' at ...

YouTube - Super Human Abilities: Tila Tequila Creating Energy Balls & Electricity Out of Thin Air!
Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 Hey Guys! For a long time now I have been able to do some pretty supernatural things that most would consider "SUPER ...