customize system preferences for printing

Hello all,

I am writing a printer driver and I am looking for a way to customize the s=
ystem preferences for printing.

When I select a printer in the printer list I can click on "Options & Suppl=
ies". Then I select "General" and for certain printers (Samsung f.e.) I hav=
e an additional button "Open Printer's webpage". I wonder how they do that =
since I don't find any hint in the Samsung ppd files. Is there something I =
have overlooked?

When I select "Utility" instead I have three buttons: "Open Printer Utility=
", "Print Test Page" and "Clean Print Heads". When I alter=20

*cupsCommands: "ChangeInk Clean PrintSelfTestPage ReportLevels" in my ppd

by removing Clean or PrintSelfTestPage or by removing=20

*APPrinterUtilityPath: "/Library/Printers/Acme/PrinterUtility.app"

I can remove some of the buttons. But I would like to be able to add an add=
itional button or a text field instead.

Or can a add my own tab to the tab view apart from "General", Supply Levels=
" and "Utility"?

I know I can create a PDE but the PDE only alters the printing dialog, not =
the preference pane.

Can someone point me to a concept how to accomplish my task?

Thank you very much for your help,

kind regards,

Robert
0
Robert
8/20/2013 12:19:42 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Hello all!

BTW: I am using
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/samplecode/SampleRaster/Introduction/Intro.html
as starting point. Any thoughts on that?

kind regards,

Robert
0
Robert
8/21/2013 6:56:51 AM
Problem solved: http://lists.apple.com/archives/printing/2013/Aug/msg00013.html
0
Robert

No Mac Help in Mac Help?
When I go to Mac Help in Finder (latest version of OSX Tiger) I get nothing. The window pops up but it's blank. Click on the little house and the initial screen fills in but nothing beyond that. I had a simiar problem with Safari help some time back and someone suggested I remove a folder from Library/Caches, (com.apple.helpui or something similar) and that did the trick for Safari's help. I honestly don't recall if I've ever had the Mac Help or I've just never used it since this machine. The problem happens on or offline so I'm not sure where the Mac Help file re...

Help! iSync mac to mac

What do Mac Programmers Prefer?
Hello, I am a new Mac user (less than a year). I have been programming and using Dos/Windows for over 25 years and thought that it was finally time to give the Mac a try. I love it to say the least. I have a question. I have bought and been using REALbasic for the Mac. I have been using it for about 6 months now. Though its alright I was wandering what most programmers prefer to use to write their Mac software? Java? Objective-C? Thanks for your help. nb Noble wrote: > I was > wandering what most programmers prefer to use to write their Mac > software? Java? O...

Can somone help a Windows geek get a Mac to print to a USB printer on a print server???
I'm trying to help my sister and brother-in-law with their mixed marriage! They had a nice Windows home, pc's networked together and he decided he wanted to kill the home PC, get a MAC and have the two of them roam the house in cyber bliss. The problem is the printer - a HP PSC 2210 All-In-One. Since the desktop was PC was removed, I put in a D-Link DP-301U network USB print server. The Windows PC can print fine. The MacBook pro running OS X 10.4.11 can't. Despite the statements that MAS OS is supported all over the D-Link box, I can't get any support from D-Link. ...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Help me with HELP system
Hello, I am starting to write HTML help for my application. I have, since this morning, learned tex2rtf and the tex dialect used to create wxHTML help. I have successfully built a help system in a .zip file {Not the easiest thing to do, don't have an automated system to do this}. I want to be able to view my help files on Windows builds. I have not been able to build WinHelp for the project. Has anyone here ever created a simple .tex file which can be used to generate both Windows and Linux help files? If so, what would be a good example and what tools are needed. I have ...

Custom Help in Print Preview
When I press F1 in print preview, I get the following error message for some (but not all) reports: 'The expression on Key Down you entered as the event property setting, produced the following error: There was an error loading an ActiveX control on one of your forms or reports.' After clicking OK on the error dialog, the correct custom help screen opens as expected. I have checked both the HelpFile and HelpContextID properties, and both are in order. I am using Access 2002 and the help file was created with MS Help Workshop. Any help appreciated. -- Bob Darlington Brisbane Cod...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie        zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Mac printing system
Is CUPS used in MacOS X, and if so, is it the default printing system? Thanks for the info. -- Rick Yes it's available. --jim On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:10:00 -0800, vze35xda@verizon.net wrote: > Yes it's available. > Does that mean it is not the main printing engine? -- Rick Rick <none@nomail.com> wrote: > On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:10:00 -0800, vze35xda@verizon.net wrote: > > > Yes it's available. > > > Does that mean it is not the main printing engine? My experience is that OSX (10.3 onwards with CUPS) will allow you to select a proprie...

Printing Mac Help Files?
Any way to print the complete Mac Help file for a given application as a single document? Some of them seem to be HTML files with .htm extensions. Any way to open the Help files for a given app using a standard browser? (I've tried, keep running into hassles) ...

Mac Help System Patch
Recommended: GURLfriend. Plugs the hole in the help system. You can link to it in today's macintouch page. -- Cheers, Bob S In article <Bob_S-91EB3A.10193319052004@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>, Bob S <Bob_S@NoSpam.Com> wrote: > Recommended: GURLfriend. Plugs the hole in the help system. You can > link to it in today's macintouch page. Alternatively, you can simply disable help: links by downloading http://www.monkeyfood.com/software/moreInternet/ and editing the appropriate helper app setting. I am not 100% certain exactly what GURLfriend does (it c...

Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac?
http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?showtopic=33751 Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac? Aug 29 2009, 12:23 PM Post #1 Group: Star Member Posts: 297 Joined: 31-May 06 Member No.: 14,025 Today, for a hopefully brief period of time, I'm being forced to use a Mac. Since these machines are incomprehensible, I need a simple piece of information*. I know this is heresy, but . . er . . is there anywhere on the Net where peeps answer questions without offering them the choice of (1) $15 (2) $25 or (3) $50 for the answer. ~ beau (but don't tell anyone I asked...

HELP: Display System Preference MISSING
I just noticed that I no longer have an icon for DISPLAY in my System Preferences. Anyone know how to get that back? I have not looked for it in a while so I don't exactly know when it disappeared. I now am on OS X 10.2.6 Any thoughts would be most welcomed. MacFan -- MacIntosh Rules On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 02:30:11 GMT, MacFan wrote: > I just noticed that I no longer have an icon for DISPLAY in my System > Preferences. Anyone know how to get that back? I have not looked for > it in a while so I don't exactly know when it disappeared. I now am on > OS X 10.2.6 > ...

help system problem on mac OSX
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I can't get the help system to work. I'm using the student version of matlab under OSX, and everything is working correctly except for the help system. Whenever I open it up, it reports that the documentation files are not found. I have the cd in the drive, and I have the correct directory (I think) which is /Applications/MATLAB_SV13/help Any ideas? Thanks, lawrence ***remove the 456 from my email address to contact*** Can you confirm that the path: /Applications/MATLAB_SV13/help exists? And if so, does it contain a bunc...

custom coordinate systems in mathematica Help!
Hi!, HELP! I've asked this question a couple of times but never received an answer. I have a new coordinate system to deal with. x=f(u, v,w) y=g(u,v,w) z=h(u,v,w) (x,y,z) are Cartesian and it's inverse is known. How can I program this in Mathematica and compute the gradient, curl, divergence, laplacian and other operators in this coordinate system ???? Hi, first check out the standard package: VectorAnalysis. If you can find your coordinate system there, you are done. If not there exists a package "GeneralVectorAnalysis.m". You will have ...

Pl help me regarding custom printing
hi, i m facing problem while printing. i have developed a project thatgenerates reciept for the customer. i have to print just four to sevenlines. and i want printer should stop after printing the given linesso i can tear the reciept and can resume next printing from the givenpage. but it is roll overing the entire page after printing the givenfour or five lines. please tell me the java code to make it possible would be thankful navdeep2401@rediffmail.com wrote:> hi,> i m facing problem while printing. i have developed a project that> generates reciept for the customer. i ...

Mac OS 9 Printing Help
I have run into a problem with printing through wxWindows. I have been able to limit the problem down a bit but I'm still not exaclty sure what is going on. I'm hoping that someone will have heard of this problem before and give me an 'oh yeah try xyz' solution. We are using the wxHTMLEasyPrint stuff to generate a printout for us. But it seems that if we have shown an wxTextCtrl that has the wxTE_MULTILINE style set before we generate the printout the print routines return an error of -30870 (it is a Mac OS error meaning "An unspecific error occurred"). ...

Printing Mac Help Files? #2
Any way to print the complete Mac Help files for a given application as a single document? Some of them seem to be HTML files. Any way to open the Help files for a given app using a standard browser? (I've tried, keep running into hassles) ...

Help: Lost sys/system password
One of my client lost his sys/system password. After I sudo to oracle user, re-generated password file with "Orapwd file =xxx password=test123",, I try to use "sqlplus /nolog", "connect sys as sysdba", oracle asked for my password, after I typed test123, it retured error "insufficient privilege". In most of my system, I do not even need to provide password to login as sys, as long as I sudo to oracle user. What should I do now? The passwordfile init parameter is set to "exclusive". what is wrong with this box? Your help is highly app...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hello everyone, I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE. Yours forever in Digital Paradise uSmAn could have typed what u wanted in google. "Usman" <game_pk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buobgo$kaacm$1@ID-217624.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello everyone, > I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used > C before eit...

Help Help Help
Q1 I want to know how to show the 8 bit planes of the image?? Q2 And also find edges of image by showing both edge magnitude and direction?? ...

HELP HELP HELP...
Hi everybody there. I have created a GUI in MATLAB's guide application. In the GUI I am appearing on the screen a frame from a camera by pushing a button. My problem that sometimes the application works fine, but some others something is going wrong and I get the following error message: ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton subscripts Error in ==> LEDsFinal>txtGrabFrame_Callback at 164 A(width, i, Blue) = abs(fread(portCMU, 1, 'uint8'))/255; What does the error message mean? What seems to be the problem? How can I overco...

Help, Help, Help...
Hei! Im makin a hot INVADERS game with Java but im a newbie with language, so , question is how do i use KeyPressed () function... I hav Applet Runnable... -!Hei!- Here is my problem... public class TestinKeys extends Applet implements Runnable .... .... public void run () { while ( true ) { KeyEvent ke; if ( ke.getKeyChar() == 'a' ) g_TykkiX ++; .... .... What is Wrong, im tryin to make that Invaders game but i dont know how to read keyboard with Runnable Java code... JariTapio <JariTapio@pp.inet.fi> wrote: > publi...

Web resources about - customize system preferences for printing - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help

System Preferences - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Before the release of Mac OS X in 2001, users modified system settings using control panels. Control panels, unlike the preference panes found ...

Facebook Adds Three Language Preferences For Hispanic-Targeted Ads
Facebook added three language preferences to its ad-targeting options for brands marketing to U.S. Hispanics : Spanish-dominant, bilingual, and ...

Facebook News Feed Preferences Return
... Facebook simplified the News Feed interface a few months ago by removing the “thumbs up/thumbs down” ratings system, in-line News Feed preferences ...

Google News Source Preferences - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/archives/022602.html

Ads Preferences Manager - YouTube
Diane Tang explains the new Ads Preferences Manager for Google search and Gmail ads.

Clive Palmer eyes Labor, Coalition preferences
Labor and the Coalition see each other as the devil, Clive Palmer says, so he wouldn't be surprised if both preferenced his party.

Victorian ALP shuns Greens preference deal
Victorian Premier Denis Napthine says his party will make its decision on preferences once candidates are known, while Labor won't do a Greens ...

Libs direct preferences to anti-Muslim party
Liberal Party preferences controversial Rise Up Australia Party ahead of Labor, Greens in Victorian Senate race.

How UNSW beat the University of Sydney in the first preference race
As teenage angst seized school-leavers, the University of NSW had the advantage. First preferences are a fickle thing. In the lead-up to September, ...

Should I change my preferences?
... now have the information about where their VCE results and ATAR will take them. For some it will mean they need to change their course preferences. ...