Debugger problem

Hello,
I am new to OS X programming, and i use C++ compiler
Codewarrior 8.0 with OS as 10.2
and i somehow managed to
crash my system so that i had to reinstall the OS (10.2.2)
But now my Codewarrior 8.0 complains to me whenever i
try to debug an application.
It says "Unknown Error. Can't connect to GDB",
Also the interface builder and project builder
dont work with the new install
Before the latest install they worked correctly.
I have the folder known as 'previous system'
which contains all the preferences and libraries that
i used previously what can i take from these files
without doing a reinstall?
Please advise.

Kind Regards
Joji
0
jojiv
7/7/2004 12:07:02 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <8149dc89.0407070407.3e41f028@posting.google.com>,
 jojiv@hotmail.com (Joji V) wrote:

>Hello,
>I am new to OS X programming, and i use C++ compiler
>Codewarrior 8.0 with OS as 10.2
>and i somehow managed to
>crash my system so that i had to reinstall the OS (10.2.2)
>But now my Codewarrior 8.0 complains to me whenever i
>try to debug an application.
>It says "Unknown Error. Can't connect to GDB",

You need to install the Apple Developers Tools

In order to debug  or rebuild libraries on OS X  you also need to go to
the Apple Developers Connection
http://www.apple.com/developer/
or
   http://connect.apple.com
and download the
December 2002 Developers tools for OS X 10.2.x

The versions of gdb that came with OS X CD's have a bug that prevents
them from working with CodeWarrior.

If you are not a member of the Apple Developers Connection you must
register to download the software.  This is a free process and is
probably something you should do if you are developing on a Mac in any
way.

I would strongly recommend downloading the December 2002 release of the
Mac OS X Developer Tools.

You need a free ADC Online Membership to login and download software,
there's a button on that page which will allow you to sign up for one
if you have not already done so. Once you login, click on the *Download
Software* link on the left hand side of the page, then click on the
*Developer Tools* sublink.

>Also the interface builder and project builder
>dont work with the new install
>Before the latest install they worked correctly.

Again it sounds like you didn't reinstall them.

>I have the folder known as 'previous system'
>which contains all the preferences and libraries that
>i used previously what can i take from these files
>without doing a reinstall?

It is a separate CD.

Ron

--
  Metrowerks, one of the world�s top 100 companies and influencers
     in the software development industry. - SD Times  May 2004

                  Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior
Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com
0
MW
7/7/2004 4:36:08 PM
MW Ron <mwron@metrowerks.com> wrote in message news:<mwron-9C33C1.12360807072004@news.newsguy.com>...
> In article <8149dc89.0407070407.3e41f028@posting.google.com>,
>  jojiv@hotmail.com (Joji V) wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I am new to OS X programming, and i use C++ compiler
> >Codewarrior 8.0 with OS as 10.2
> >and i somehow managed to
> >crash my system so that i had to reinstall the OS (10.2.2)
> >But now my Codewarrior 8.0 complains to me whenever i
> >try to debug an application.
> >It says "Unknown Error. Can't connect to GDB",

> You need to install the Apple Developers Tools
>
> In order to debug  or rebuild libraries on OS X  you also need to go to
> the Apple Developers Connection
> http://www.apple.com/developer/
> or
>    http://connect.apple.com
> and download the
> December 2002 Developers tools for OS X 10.2.x
>
> The versions of gdb that came with OS X CD's have a bug that prevents
> them from working with CodeWarrior.

  Thanks for the reply Ron
but i am still facing problems.
For installation i used a 10.2 ver Developer CD (2002)
The installer of the Developer tools i.e. the 'Developer.mpkg' file
isn't working the installer shows a screen containing
A large empty text box , with a Os X image on the left of the text box
2 nameless buttons at the bottom(although i can click them there is no response)
Also the labels on the sides seem to be disabled for some
reason.
Can you tell me any library files that are required for an installer
to work smoothly
Kind Regards
Joji

> If you are not a member of the Apple Developers Connection you must
> register to download the software.  This is a free process and is
> probably something you should do if you are developing on a Mac in any
> way.
>
> I would strongly recommend downloading the December 2002 release of the
> Mac OS X Developer Tools.
>
> You need a free ADC Online Membership to login and download software,
> there's a button on that page which will allow you to sign up for one
> if you have not already done so. Once you login, click on the *Download
> Software* link on the left hand side of the page, then click on the
> *Developer Tools* sublink.
>

> >Also the interface builder and project builder
> >dont work with the new install
> >Before the latest install they worked correctly.
>
> Again it sounds like you didn't reinstall them.
>
> >I have the folder known as 'previous system'
> >which contains all the preferences and libraries that
> >i used previously what can i take from these files
> >without doing a reinstall?
>
> It is a separate CD.
>
> Ron
0
jojiv
7/8/2004 11:53:01 AM
In article <8149dc89.0407080353.3abeeff8@posting.google.com>,
 jojiv@hotmail.com (Joji V) wrote:

>  Thanks for the reply Ron
>but i am still facing problems.
>For installation i used a 10.2 ver Developer CD (2002)
>The installer of the Developer tools i.e. the 'Developer.mpkg' file
>isn't working the installer shows a screen containing
>A large empty text box , with a Os X image on the left of the text box
>2 nameless buttons at the bottom(although i can click them there is no
>response)
>Also the labels on the sides seem to be disabled for some
>reason.
>Can you tell me any library files that are required for an installer
>to work smoothly

It sounds like maybe there is a bad CD.  In any case you need the one
from Apple Developers Connection.  The one that came with 10.2 had a bug
in it.    If you have a problem with the downloaded one or if other
packages won't install then there may be a software problem.

Go to http://connect.apple.com

then sign in (or sign up and sign in)
Go to download Software
and click on OS X
then scroll down to the end.  December 2002 tools are still listed.

Ron

--
  Metrowerks, one of the world�s top 100 companies and influencers
     in the software development industry. - SD Times  May 2004
               http://www.sdtimes.com/2004sdt100.htm

                  Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior
Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com
0
MW

No Mac Help in Mac Help?
When I go to Mac Help in Finder (latest version of OSX Tiger) I get nothing. The window pops up but it's blank. Click on the little house and the initial screen fills in but nothing beyond that. I had a simiar problem with Safari help some time back and someone suggested I remove a folder from Library/Caches, (com.apple.helpui or something similar) and that did the trick for Safari's help. I honestly don't recall if I've ever had the Mac Help or I've just never used it since this machine. The problem happens on or offline so I'm not sure where the Mac Help file re...

MDI on mac
------_=_NextPart_001_01C755D1.B10C7B14 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, WX: 2.8.1 OS: Mac OS-X, Carbon app Compiler: XCode 2.4.1 using GCC 4.0.1 I already posted this question and got no help. I tried looking at this further, and I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm a WX newbie, so I hope I'm not wasting anyone's time with a stupid question. I've tried a lot of things to solve this, and tried the forums as well, and so far it hasn't helped. I've encounter...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

HELP Mac OS-X USB HID problems... PLEASE HELP!
Hi, I am developing a non standard (i.e. non mouse keyboard type) HID device to act as a interface between the Microchip 2550 PIC and a Mac running OS-X (10.3.9). I have managed to develop a HID app working under Windows OS, but I'm having trouble with the Mac implementation. The Mac sees and reports the device correctly - an 'ioreg' listing shows that all the parameters are as expected. The only exception is the element list which seems to be huge and largely composed of element params which are a little odd, however, I've seen a similar list on the keyboard so I&...

Mac Help problems
I just had a problem running my Mac Help - pretty much nonresponsive. I think I may have somehow lost my Help Center file when I did a recent Archive and Install - it is not found under User/Library/Documentation/Help as I believe it should. How might I replace the Help Center file? I can look to see if it is still in the Previous Systems folder which I moved to another hard drive after the archive and install. If it is there, can I just move it back? I though about seeing if I could just reinstall Help from the DVD - but I could not find such an option. Maybe I just missed some...

Mac Help problem
Mac Help presents "Help Topics" and "Support Articles", each of the latter identified by a large red bullet with a white plus sign inside. Click on one of those bullets and the error message is: The requested resource (/kb//apps/helpviewer/index) is not available How do I fix this? -- John Varela In article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-BkJ67JZGqqFS@localhost>, "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net> writes: > >Mac Help presents "Help Topics" and "Support Articles", each of the >latter identified by a large red ...

Help! iSync mac to mac

Mac Help problems?
My iBook G4, purchased direct from Apple with Panther already installed, functions pretty much with no problems (outside of some hassles and crashes with EndNote 8, which seems to need some serious work). The one significant exception is Mac Help in the Finder. Select it from the Help Menu and the Help window opens (empty) -- and then it's a _very_ long time before anything appears in the window or anything else happens. A couple of times, after the various Help options finally appeared and I began digging into one of them the whole Help app crashed (i.e., closed unexpectedly...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

debugger problem and other problem
Hi all! I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469). My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24. Problems: 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was functioning. 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the...

Mac Help Problem (cont)
I am still having trouble getting Mac Help to work... Unexpectedly quits... Tried deleting the help preferences from Jaguar, but nothing... Any other suggestion??? TIA!! -- --- (remove x before emailing) "your worst day at the ballpark, is better then your best day at work!!" In article <241120031735242617%denny536x@mac.com>, dennis <denny536x@mac.com> wrote: > I am still having trouble getting Mac Help to work... > Unexpectedly quits... > > Tried deleting the help preferences from Jaguar, but nothing... > > Any other suggestion??? > > TI...

Scilab on the Mac has problem with help
Scilab on the Mac has problem with help: "couldn't open "/sw/lib/Scilab-3.0-RC1/man/eng/programming/whatis.htm": no such file or directory" Not surprising. Things are at a different place /sw/lib/Scilab-3.0-RC1/demos/loop_demo/whatis.htm How do I sort that out? Help is essential. Greetings Heinz Heinz Nabielek wrote: > Scilab on the Mac has problem with help: > > "couldn't open > "/sw/lib/Scilab-3.0-RC1/man/eng/programming/whatis.htm": > no such file or directory" The Fink packages scilab and sci...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac?
http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?showtopic=33751 Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac? Aug 29 2009, 12:23 PM Post #1 Group: Star Member Posts: 297 Joined: 31-May 06 Member No.: 14,025 Today, for a hopefully brief period of time, I'm being forced to use a Mac. Since these machines are incomprehensible, I need a simple piece of information*. I know this is heresy, but . . er . . is there anywhere on the Net where peeps answer questions without offering them the choice of (1) $15 (2) $25 or (3) $50 for the answer. ~ beau (but don't tell anyone I asked...

help system problem on mac OSX
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I can't get the help system to work. I'm using the student version of matlab under OSX, and everything is working correctly except for the help system. Whenever I open it up, it reports that the documentation files are not found. I have the cd in the drive, and I have the correct directory (I think) which is /Applications/MATLAB_SV13/help Any ideas? Thanks, lawrence ***remove the 456 from my email address to contact*** Can you confirm that the path: /Applications/MATLAB_SV13/help exists? And if so, does it contain a bunc...

Need help with Mac/IE problem

Help! Mac OS X Problems
I really don't know how this started, but my co-worker's OS X (10.2.8)workstation stopped connecting to the LAN and the Internet. She was working in Quarkxpress and maybe Word too in classic mode. The work was interrupted because the network shared folder we work off of (Windows 2000 server) was filled to capacity. In other words our file server's D drive was full. I did some quick maintanence and some archiving and that fixed that problem, however my coworkers' mac has not been the same. We cannot get it to access the shard folders. When I click on "Go to server" I...

Need Help with Norton Utilities (Mac) Problems
Dear Fellow Mac Users, I am using Microsoft Word X on a 1.4 Ghz Power Mac G4 with 2048 DDR SDRAM Memory. (I am making very large maps of various types.) I am having a problem with Norton Utilities 7.0 for OS X. The problem occurs after I open it and try to use either Unerase and Disk Doctor. When the box opens where a person selects the specific disk with which a person wants to work, I can't select the disk because none of the disks, whether it be the G4's hard drive or 250 MB Zip disk show up in the box. Since they don't show it, I can't select any of them. The ...

Mac user? Need help
Hi, I'm looking for a Mac user with a little time. A customer of mine says his website does not open on a Mac. I asked for more information, a screenshot, anything basically but no reply yet. So I was wondering if it were really true and if someone out there was prepared to assist me? My question is if there is perhaps 1 or 2 persons willing to take a look at their website and perhaps email me a few screenshots? I would appreciate it if you could drop me a line so I can let you know the URL of the website. Thanking you in advance, William williamlamotte at hotmail dot com In ...

help help help
Sir, Am Avinash.T.J doing my btech AMRITA ...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Help, Help, Help
As you can probably gather im in need of help. I started a basic JAVA course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject. The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use. We are using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without having to worry about the input/output. Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website...

HELP HELP HELP...
Hi everybody there. I have created a GUI in MATLAB's guide application. In the GUI I am appearing on the screen a frame from a camera by pushing a button. My problem that sometimes the application works fine, but some others something is going wrong and I get the following error message: ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton subscripts Error in ==> LEDsFinal>txtGrabFrame_Callback at 164 A(width, i, Blue) = abs(fread(portCMU, 1, 'uint8'))/255; What does the error message mean? What seems to be the problem? How can I overco...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

HELP! HELP! HELP
I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, but they were not able to figure out this problem: Here is the problem: I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then > imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange > reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, > it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is > lost. i have tried...

Web resources about - Debugger problem - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help

Debugger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. A debugger ...

Debugger - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook-Entwickler Search Facebook Developers Dokumente Werkzeuge Hilfe Neuigkeiten Anwendungen Anmelden Debugger Startseite › Werkzeuge Input ...

Script Debugger 5.0
Major update to one of my favorite apps of all time. If you dick around with AppleScript, you should have Script Debugger.

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
When you're working in Linux, manually debugging memory-related errors can be difficult and time consuming. These five tools can help.

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
As a programmer, I'm aware that I tend to make mistakes and why not? Even programmers are human. Some errors are detected during code compilation, ...

Meet the DeBuggers An attitude adjustment regarding the "Fix" at Healthcare.gov
Let me start off by saying that Healthcare.gov is now working well in most areas of the US. Folks are accessing the site all day, every day, ...

13 Linux Debuggers for C++ Reviewed
Most time in debuggers is spent doing the same few things: setting breakpoints, stepping through code, looking at variables. Which products make ...

Bed bugs: A new debugger
FEW things destroy the reputation of a high-class hotel faster than bed bugs. These vampiric arthropods, which almost disappeared from human ...

Firefox 15 Coming With Souped-Up Debugger
Firefox 15 has hit the Mozilla pre-beta Aurora channel and it features a redesigned, built-in debugger. - Mozilla has released Firefox 15 to ...