error: macro "check" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 1

Hello!
I have a problem with porting to XCode.
In CW code compiles well. But in XCode I've got the following:

error: macro "check" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 1

In code "check" is a macro, and virtual member of class.
Build fail on class member declaration "chak" with this message.

0
Fonarix
10/24/2006 7:22:14 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Fonarix <fonarix@ukr.net> wrote:

> Hello!
> I have a problem with porting to XCode.
> In CW code compiles well. But in XCode I've got the following:
>
> error: macro "check" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 1
>
> In code "check" is a macro, and virtual member of class.
> Build fail on class member declaration "chak" with this message.

That's a really bad idea. Macros get applied long before the compiler
itself sees anything, and therefore aren't subject to namespaces. This
means that macros *must* be unique relative to basically everything else
in the areas where they are visible. If both the macro and the virtual
member are visible in the same place, then you must rename one of them.

This is why you usually see macro names in all caps, as it won't interfere
with other normally-named identifiers. Following this idea, you should
rename your macro to CHECK so it no longer conflicts with the virtual
member.

--
Michael Ash
Rogue Amoeba Software
Michael Ash wrote:
> Fonarix <fonarix@ukr.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> > I have a problem with porting to XCode.
> > In CW code compiles well. But in XCode I've got the following:
> >
> > error: macro "check" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 1
> >
> > In code "check" is a macro, and virtual member of class.
> > Build fail on class member declaration "chak" with this message.
>
> That's a really bad idea. Macros get applied long before the compiler
> itself sees anything, and therefore aren't subject to namespaces. This
> means that macros *must* be unique relative to basically everything else
> in the areas where they are visible. If both the macro and the virtual
> member are visible in the same place, then you must rename one of them.
>
> This is why you usually see macro names in all caps, as it won't interfere
> with other normally-named identifiers. Following this idea, you should
> rename your macro to CHECK so it no longer conflicts with the virtual
> member.
>
> --
> Michael Ash
> Rogue Amoeba Software

Thanks for reply!
I've done #undef badmakros  )))

0
Fonarix

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

help to pass from "." to ","
Hi alls, I sent a message some time ago for ask you how can I read a .txt file. I solved that problem and I discovered that the only command that I need is "read". Now I Have another problem, I searched on the help and online but I didn't find out something usfeull. Well, because scilab separe decimal part with the sign "." and in this file there are numbers whos decimal part is separed with "," I'd like to tell to scilab something like "well, now the symbol "," for you is a point "."". So that I can read correctly all numbers in the file... Thanks for your attemption and sorry for my english > Hi alls, I sent a message some time ago for ask you how can I read > a .txt file. I solved that problem and I discovered that the only > command that I need is "read". Now I Have another problem, I searched > on the help and online but I didn't find out something usfeull. > Well, because scilab separe decimal part with the sign "." and in this > file there are numbers whos decimal part is separed with "," I'd like > to tell to scilab something like "well, now the symbol "," for you is > a point "."". So that I can read correctly all numbers in the file... Sorry, in my previous answer suggesting fscanfMat I had overlooked that your data contain commas. Looking at these data it seems they are actually i...

Error in page when checking http_get_vars("myvar") and "myvar" was not passed in URL string
I am new to PHP, coming from ASP coding if (HTTP_GET_VARS['b']==1){ print "Yes"; }else{ print "No"; } when "b" is not passed via (http://www.mydomain.com?b=1 an error occurs and the "NO" is printed but an error is printed too. How can I check for the value of "b" so that no error occurs if b is not passed?? example http=www.mydomain.com $myvar=HTTP_GET_VARS['b'] causes an error because "b" does not exist (ie. its not passed in the URL string. $myvar maybe evaluated as NULL or Empty but the error is printed in the page, anyway. thanks John Pastrovick wrote: > I am new to PHP, coming from ASP coding > > if (HTTP_GET_VARS['b']==1){ > print "Yes"; > }else{ > print "No"; > } > > when "b" is not passed via > (http://www.mydomain.com?b=1 > > an error occurs and the "NO" is printed but an error is printed too. > > How can I check for the value of "b" so that no error occurs if b is > not passed?? > > example > > http=www.mydomain.com > > $myvar=HTTP_GET_VARS['b'] > > causes an error because > "b" does not exist (ie. its not passed in the URL string. > > $myvar maybe evaluated as NULL or Empty but the error is printed in > the page, anyway. > > > thanks First of all $HTTP_GET_VARS is old you should use $_GET['b'] n...

Passing "<", ">", "=", etc as an argument to a method?
Hello, I am just learning Java and am trying to write a method that does something like //=========================================== public Static List find(double[] array,double val,String relationalOp) { List list = new ArrayList(); for (int m = 0;m < array.length;m++) { // The following line is the problem if (array[m] relationalOp val) { list.add(array[m]); } } return list; } //=========================================== Is it possible to use an argument directly in an if statement like that? I am trying to avoid havin...

Error in get_Prefix (line 4) maskTmp = zeros(1,4); Output argument "prefix" (and maybe others) not assigned during call to "C:\Users\Suraj\Desktop\subfolder\get_Prefix.m>get_Prefix". Error in pr
function [prefix] = get_Prefix(inputIP,mask) maskTmp = zeros(1,4); for i=1:4 if mask >= 8 maskTmp(i) = 255; mask = mask-8; elseif mask ==0 maskTmp(i) = 0; else tmp=zeros(1,8); tmp(1:mask)=1; maskTmp(i) = sum(tmp.*2.^(numel(tmp)-1:-1:0)); mask=0; end end mask=maskTmp; numIP= convert_IP(inputIP); if numIP ~=-1 prefix = bitand(numIP,mask); prefix = convert_IP(prefix); end end ...

Confused newbie needs help with "__init__() takes exactly 11 arguments (1 given)"
I've written a little script to parse a csv file then use seach/replace over a template to create a file for each line in the file. It pikes out when I call the function that parses the csv (read_revs). If I have inadvertantly left an extra comma or two in the comma field, it gives an error that says: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\dev\python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 310, in RunScript exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__ File "d:\dev\python\projects\books\revgen3.py", line 177, in ? gen_html() File &...

how to "(1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) => 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2)"?
hi normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) how to do the reverse? dillogimp@gmail.com writes: > normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); > 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) > how to do the reverse? convert(%,parfrac,x); -- Joe Riel ...

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By chance I created a small program as follows: =========== s : string := "CAT"; procedure modify ( s1 : out string ) is begin s1(2) := 'U'; end modify; ... put ( modify(s) ); =========== now I get as a result "CUT", and i dont understand why i get this result. Doesnt the "out" specify that its initial value isnt passed in via the parameter? But it seems to be passed in the above. In fact the "out" is acting like an "in out". I am a little confused. Could someone shed some light on this? Many thanks! zork "zork" <zork@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4104d5de@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi i found the following explaination: > > In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are > effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. > Ada "in out&q...

about "++" and "--"

How to "cast" string "1 + 2 + 3" to a number?
Hello again, For various reasons that I won't go into here, I'm ending up with a string like "1 + 2 + 3" that I'd like to evaluate as an arithmetic expression. How can I "cast" that string to a number? For example, if I can get $newnumber in the following snippet to equal 13 instead of 8, then I'm set: #!/usr/bin/perl my $string = "1 + 2 + 3"; print "String is $string.\n"; my $number = 7; print "Number is $number.\n"; my $newnumber = $number + $string; print "Newnumber is $newnumber.\n"; At the moment, I'm so...

"Runtime error" using functions with argument "interp"
Hi, My program gets "Runtime error" and breaks down when using functions with argument "interp", such as Tcl_SetObjResult, Tcl_ResetResult, Tcl_Eval. The detailed information is "Microsoft Runtime Library: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for information." It have some .tcl scripts and a DLL which is compiled with MS VC++6.0. The DLL uses SendArp function to check the connection, and returns TCL_ERROR or TCL_OK to tcl script using Tcl_SetObjResult. It works well with Wish, but when I wrap it to .exe with TclApp in ActiveTcl Dev Kit, it runs into the error. I have located the error to Tcl_SetObjResult function. Howerver I don't know how to get it over. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you very much! Regards Zhou Jingyu 2009-2-20 You're going to have to give some example code for anybody to be able to answer this question with any accuracy. RF 1985zhoujingyu@163.com wrote: > Hi, > My program gets "Runtime error" and breaks down when using functions > with argument "interp", such as Tcl_SetObjResult, Tcl_ResetResult, > Tcl_Eval. The detailed information is "Microsoft Runtime Library: This > application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual > way. Please contact the application's support team for information." > It have some .tcl scripts and a DLL which is compiled...

matlab error "Input argument "resol_y" is undefined"
dear all.. i keep getting this error >>??? Input argument "resol_y" is undefined<< and the the error was pointed to here: function [snake_pnts,e] = snake(pnts, alpha, beta, max_delta_x, resol_x, ... max_delta_y, resol_y, feat_img) if resol_y < 1; resol_y = 1; end; <<-- the error can anybody help me?i'm new actually in matlab world this is the to the sourcesode <http://cobweb.ecn.purdue.edu/~malcolm/interval/1995-017/snake.m> "fiza" <pja_usm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ef58f4a.-1@webcrossing.ra...

HELP Convert "mac" format to "FAT-32"
I need to convert files saved in mac format to FAT-32. does anyone have the solution? On 5 Sep 2004 18:16:23 -0700, redwold@hotmail.com wrote in comp.software-eng: > I need to convert files saved in mac format to FAT-32. does anyone > have the solution? Your question is too vague. What do you mean by "mac format"? FAT-32 is disk format, not a data format. Be more specific. -- Jack Klein Home: http://JK-Technology.Com FAQs for comp.lang.c http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html comp.lang.c++ http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~ajo/docs/FAQ-acllc.html <redwold@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6ef750b8.0409051716.6eae2877@posting.google.com... > I need to convert files saved in mac format to FAT-32. does anyone > have the solution? First of all, this probably isn't the best place for this sort of question, but I'm sure there are folks who will try to help. You might try posting to a forum like Experts Exchange. Now, as Jack pointed out, you need to be more specific. However, based on your question, I suspect you don't know what that means. Apparently, and you may want to clarify this, you have something, perhaps a floppy, with some Mac files on it, and you want to move them to your PC. Your mention of FAT32 may well be irrelevant, but the problem is somewhat different depending on what form you have the source files in. If the source files are on a Mac forma...

Funny error in "make bootstrap" of GCC 4.1.1 on AIX 5.3
I am getting the following error building GCC 4.1.1 on AIX 5.3 on a 44P-170 using GCC 3.3.2 that comes on the latest toolkit CD. I first looked in the mkfixinc.sh script for a rogue > but didn't find it. I am running everything under the bash shell by executing /usr/local/bin/bash after logging in normally. Logged in as root: gcc -g -O2 -o fixincl fixincl.o fixtests.o fixfixes.o server.o procopen.o fixlib.o fixopts.o ../libiberty/libiberty.a echo timestamp > full-stamp srcdir="../../../gcc-4.1.1/fixincludes" /bin/sh .../../../gcc-4.1.1/fixincludes/mkfixinc.sh powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0 sed -e 's/@gcc_version@//' < > mkheadersT /bin/sh: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 1 : `>' is not expected. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2. Stop. As always, thank you in advance! AIX n00b wrote: > I am getting the following error building GCC 4.1.1 on AIX 5.3 on a > 44P-170 using GCC 3.3.2 that comes on the latest toolkit CD. I first > looked in the mkfixinc.sh script for a rogue > but didn't find it. I am > running everything under the bash shell by executing /usr/local/bin/bash > after logging in normally. Logged in as root: > > > gcc -g -O2 -o fixincl fixincl.o fixtests.o fixfixes.o server.o > procopen.o fixlib.o fixopts.o ../libiberty/libiberty.a > echo timestamp &g...

My macros now split into "Utility" macros and "Clinical" macros
My macros are now split into "Utility" macros and "Clinical" macros. This is to speed up the validation process. Validation will be done on Utility macros first and Clinical macros following that. The Utility macros are nothing to do with clinical reporting though many will be called by the Clinical reporting macros to perform low-level processes. My web site has been updated to reflect this new split. http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/ ...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

"Correct" term for a 1:1 relationship between a "database" and an "instance" where > 1 such things are on the same physical server?
What is the "correct" term for a 1:1 relationship between a "database" and an "instance" where there are at least two such "things" on the same physical server? Nearly all the Oracle docs and books define a database something like the following: DATABASE - a collection of datafiles and oracle config files; useless without an "instance" to access the database. INSTANCE - a collection of background procs and memory structures, used to access a "database." Where I work, people typically call each "thing" mentioned in my Subject: line an "instance" or a "database instance." What is the "correct" term for having more than one of these "things" on the same, unpartitioned physical server? This may be splitting hairs; but when people don't or can't come to terms, confusion ensues--and that's typically a Bad Thing. I noticed, or rather a colleague of mine did, that even Tom Kyte mixes terms. In the book Expert Oracle Database Architecture (2005 edition) on page 50, in the bullet-pointed definitional paragraph for Instance, he throws the word "database instance" into the mix. A "no no" according to my colleague (don't shoot the messenger, please); because the vernacular seems to be "instance" or "database instance" for the each "thing." I like to be precise with terms, but then there are business stakehold...

Auth_PG_grp_group_field error "takes one argument"
Anybody seen this sort of error before? Auth_PG_grp_group_field takes one argument, the name of the group-name field. This is from updating to the latest non-beta mod_auth_pgsql2 with the latest apache 2, when we try to start apache: in httpd.conf. Here are the relevent entries: Auth_PG_host 127.0.0.1 Auth_PG_port 5432 Auth_PG_database apache_auth Auth_PG_user postgres Auth_PG_pwd postgres Auth_PG_pwd_table that_bbs Auth_PG_uid_field uid Auth_PG_pwd_field pw Auth_PG_grp_table that_bbs Auth_PG_grp_group_f...

"de-quoting" arguments for passing to other commands?
Greetings, This is probably an FAQ but I googled and grepped and usenet searched all over the place and couldn't find an answer. Sorry if this is a newb dupe, just post a link to the answer. I'm writing a script that converts my FLAC music files to various formats, one of which being MP3, which I've written a function for. I would like to be able to pass variables to oggenc from the command line, i.e.: flacToMP3 -o "--preset standard" source.flac dest.mp3 would pass anything in -o to LAME. My problem is that since it's in quotes here, it gets passed as a sin...

"pass by reference" instead of "pass by reference"
I'm not sure if my terminology is correct, been >40 yrs since I've had a formal programming course. As I understand it, when Scilab calls a function it makes local copies of the passed parameters. Normal practice if one needs to have read/write access to a variable in the calling program is to declare a variable to have the "global" property. One could write [var1, var2] = my_func(var1, var2) But if var1 and var2 a large arrays that seems to waste memory space. and processor cycles copying an array from location to location. Also, in the case that triggered the question, elements could be appended to each array on any call. That would put an additional load on whatever memory management is internal to Scilab - thus increasing processor load. http://wiki.scilab.org/howto/global_and_local_variables # local variables inherited from upper levels can be read with no overhead; but if they are written, a transient local with the same name is created... .... # argument passing is thus by value, in common programming terms; however, as in 3., the value is not really copied unless needed; for reading only, passing is by reference. So to say, it is a "lazy" passing by value, as copying the value is delayed to when really needed in the progam flow. #only for adequately written primitives and interfaces of primitives, there is an option of by value/by reference (see intppty) Enrico Segre wrote: > http:...

elementvise division "1./a" versus "1 ./ a"
Hi, I wonder why there is a difference in the way scilab interprets "1./a" and "1 ./ a". Is this intentionally or is it a bug? -->a=[2 3 4] a = ! 2. 3. 4. ! -->1./a ans = ! 0.0689655 ! ! 0.1034483 ! ! 0.1379310 ! -->1 ./ a ans = ! 0.5 0.3333333 0.25 ! --> -Torbj�rn. Torbj�rn Pettersen wrote: > Hi, > I wonder why there is a difference in the way scilab interprets "1./a" > and "1 ./ a". Is this intentionally or is it a bug? > > -->a=[2 3 4] > a = > > ! 2. 3. 4. ! > > -->1./a > ans = > > ! 0.0689655 ! > ! 0.1034483 ! > ! 0.1379310 ! > > -->1 ./ a > ans = > > ! 0.5 0.3333333 0.25 ! > It's feature plus an unlucky situation. 1./a is intepreted as (1.0)/a which by definition computes the pseudo-inverse of a . Contrary to that 1 ./ a is the (./) operator. It's expanded into ones(a) ./ a which gives elementwise devision. So it's just that 1. is a floating point constant. There is no problem with say a./b ! Helmut Jarausch Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik RWTH - Aachen University D 52056 Aachen, Germany Hm yes you are right... but I'm not sure I like that feature - It took to long to figure out where the error was :-) -Torbj�rn. Helmut Jarausch wrote: > Torbj�rn Pettersen wr...

Changing "Figure 1" to "Scheme 1"
Hi I'm trying to complete a 1-page abstract and am using floatflt to wrap the figures. I have tried to find the answers to the following, but time is of the essence at the moment. My question is regarding one of the captions: I want "Scheme 1" to replace "Figure 2" in the 2nd image I have included. Advice on this is much appreciated and also how to remove the colon after "Figure X:"/"Scheme X:". This is what is written: \usepackage[rflt]{floatflt} \setlength\figgutter{25pt} \newcommand{\incffig}[1]{\includegraphics[width=\floatfltwidth]{#1}} \begin{document} some text \begin{floatingfigure}[l]{0.55\linewidth} \incffig{thefigure} \def\fnum@figure{thecaption} \end{floatingfigure} some more text Hi, I used the caption2 with luck to change the figure captions in an earlier project, but caption2 seems to be obsolete and superseeded by the caption package. In any case, maybe one of them may do the trick for you. Best, Jon Nat wrote: > Hi > > I'm trying to complete a 1-page abstract and am using floatflt to wrap > the figures. I have tried to find the answers to the following, but > time is of the essence at the moment. My question is regarding one of > the captions: I want "Scheme 1" to replace "Figure 2" in the 2nd image > I have included. Advice on this is much appreciated and also how to > remove the colon after "Figure X:"/"Scheme X:". > > This...

Web resources about - error: macro "check" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 1 - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help