fopen problem - straight C program on OS Lion, Xcode 4.3.2 - whazzup?

A skeleton program which is supposed to open a text file (created by
Wrangler so it's unicode but w/ unix lf breaks) and read a line and print it.
he file exists in the location as specified in the code,
which is below. The build succeeded w/o error. It's prob. some stupid typo
but I can't see it.

Regards,

ken quirici

here's the output returned:

fopen failed
my_ret = -1

Here's the code as copied from the Xcode editor.

//
//  main.c
//  encode
//
//  Created by ken quirici on 6/16/12.
//  Copyright (c) 2012 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
//

#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
{
    char *my_filename;
    char *my_mode;
    char next_line[1000000];
    int my_ret,max_line;

    my_filename = "/Users/kenquirici/Desktop/journal/journal.txt.save";
    my_mode = "r";
    max_line = 1000000;
//    next_line = "";
//    my_ret_line = "";

    FILE *my_file;

    if((my_file = fopen(my_filename,my_mode)) == NULL)
        printf("fopen failed\n");
    else if(fgets(next_line,max_line,my_file) == NULL)
       printf("fgets returned null\n");
    else
       printf("%s%s","next_line: ",next_line);

    my_ret = fclose(my_file);

    // insert code here...
    printf("%s%d%s","my_ret = ",my_ret,"\n");
    return 0;
}

0
kquirici
6/17/2012 2:55:56 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

"kquirici@yahoo.com" <kquirici@yahoo.com> writes:

> A skeleton program which is supposed to open a text file (created by
> Wrangler so it's unicode but w/ unix lf breaks) and read a line and print it.
> he file exists in the location as specified in the code,
> which is below. The build succeeded w/o error. It's prob. some stupid typo
> but I can't see it.
>
> Regards,
>
> ken quirici
>
> here's the output returned:
>
> fopen failed
> my_ret = -1
>
> Here's the code as copied from the Xcode editor.
>
> //
> //  main.c
> //  encode
> //
> //  Created by ken quirici on 6/16/12.
> //  Copyright (c) 2012 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
> //
>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
> {
>     char *my_filename;
>     char *my_mode;
>     char next_line[1000000];
>     int my_ret,max_line;
>
>     my_filename = "/Users/kenquirici/Desktop/journal/journal.txt.save";
>     my_mode = "r";
>     max_line = 1000000;
> //    next_line = "";
> //    my_ret_line = "";
>
>     FILE *my_file;
>
>     if((my_file = fopen(my_filename,my_mode)) == NULL)
>         printf("fopen failed\n");

Use perror() instead of printf, so you can see why the file couldn't be
opened, e.g.:

  perror(my_filename);

>     else if(fgets(next_line,max_line,my_file) == NULL)
>        printf("fgets returned null\n");
>     else
>        printf("%s%s","next_line: ",next_line);

That's a really bizarre way to use printf.  Why not:

  printf("next_line: %s", next_line);

>     my_ret = fclose(my_file);

Calling fclose() on a null pointer (as you do in the error case) is a
bug.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
0
On Sunday, June 17, 2012 11:14:59 AM UTC-4, Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> "kquirici@yahoo.com" <kquirici@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > A skeleton program which is supposed to open a text file (created by
> > Wrangler so it's unicode but w/ unix lf breaks) and read a line and print it.
> > he file exists in the location as specified in the code,
> > which is below. The build succeeded w/o error. It's prob. some stupid typo
> > but I can't see it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > ken quirici
> >
> > here's the output returned:
> >
> > fopen failed
> > my_ret = -1
> >
> > Here's the code as copied from the Xcode editor.
> >
> > //
> > //  main.c
> > //  encode
> > //
> > //  Created by ken quirici on 6/16/12.
> > //  Copyright (c) 2012 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
> > //
> >
> > #include <stdio.h>
> >
> > int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
> > {
> >     char *my_filename;
> >     char *my_mode;
> >     char next_line[1000000];
> >     int my_ret,max_line;
> >
> >     my_filename = "/Users/kenquirici/Desktop/journal/journal.txt.save";
> >     my_mode = "r";
> >     max_line = 1000000;
> > //    next_line = "";
> > //    my_ret_line = "";
> >
> >     FILE *my_file;
> >
> >     if((my_file = fopen(my_filename,my_mode)) == NULL)
> >         printf("fopen failed\n");
>
> Use perror() instead of printf, so you can see why the file couldn't be
> opened, e.g.:
>
>   perror(my_filename);
>
> >     else if(fgets(next_line,max_line,my_file) == NULL)
> >        printf("fgets returned null\n");
> >     else
> >        printf("%s%s","next_line: ",next_line);
>
> That's a really bizarre way to use printf.  Why not:
>
>   printf("next_line: %s", next_line);
>
> >     my_ret = fclose(my_file);
>
> Calling fclose() on a null pointer (as you do in the error case) is a
> bug.
>
> >     // insert code here...
> >     printf("%s%d%s","my_ret = ",my_ret,"\n");
> >     return 0;
> > }
>
> --
> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/

ok I'll try perror. Thx for that & the other suggestions.

Regards

ken quirici
0
kquirici
6/17/2012 3:38:08 PM
On Sunday, June 17, 2012 11:14:59 AM UTC-4, Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> "kquirici@yahoo.com" <kquirici@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > A skeleton program which is supposed to open a text file (created by
> > Wrangler so it's unicode but w/ unix lf breaks) and read a line and print it.
> > he file exists in the location as specified in the code,
> > which is below. The build succeeded w/o error. It's prob. some stupid typo
> > but I can't see it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > ken quirici
> >
> > here's the output returned:
> >
> > fopen failed
> > my_ret = -1
> >
> > Here's the code as copied from the Xcode editor.
> >
> > //
> > //  main.c
> > //  encode
> > //
> > //  Created by ken quirici on 6/16/12.
> > //  Copyright (c) 2012 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
> > //
> >
> > #include <stdio.h>
> >
> > int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
> > {
> >     char *my_filename;
> >     char *my_mode;
> >     char next_line[1000000];
> >     int my_ret,max_line;
> >
> >     my_filename = "/Users/kenquirici/Desktop/journal/journal.txt.save";
> >     my_mode = "r";
> >     max_line = 1000000;
> > //    next_line = "";
> > //    my_ret_line = "";
> >
> >     FILE *my_file;
> >
> >     if((my_file = fopen(my_filename,my_mode)) == NULL)
> >         printf("fopen failed\n");
>
> Use perror() instead of printf, so you can see why the file couldn't be
> opened, e.g.:
>
>   perror(my_filename);
>
> >     else if(fgets(next_line,max_line,my_file) == NULL)
> >        printf("fgets returned null\n");
> >     else
> >        printf("%s%s","next_line: ",next_line);
>
> That's a really bizarre way to use printf.  Why not:
>
>   printf("next_line: %s", next_line);
>
> >     my_ret = fclose(my_file);
>
> Calling fclose() on a null pointer (as you do in the error case) is a
> bug.
>
> >     // insert code here...
> >     printf("%s%d%s","my_ret = ",my_ret,"\n");
> >     return 0;
> > }
>
> --
> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/

well that's weird. when I replaced the printf(....my_ret...)
with perror(my_filename)

it now works - it returns the first line of the file whose name is
my_filename. That is, fopen is no longer returning null, apparently.

I tried running it again just now exactly as before and again it worked.

I'm going to see if I can read the whole file in.

I am very confused. I can only think that some previous run left the file
open, so when I tried to fopen it it failed because it was already open.
But that run where the fopen failed, the fclose must have worked (because it
was already open). That make sense?

Regards,

Ken Quirici

On Sunday, June 17, 2012 11:14:59 AM UTC-4, Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> "kquirici@yahoo.com" <kquirici@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > A skeleton program which is supposed to open a text file (created by
> > Wrangler so it's unicode but w/ unix lf breaks) and read a line and print it.
> > he file exists in the location as specified in the code,
> > which is below. The build succeeded w/o error. It's prob. some stupid typo
> > but I can't see it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > ken quirici
> >
> > here's the output returned:
> >
> > fopen failed
> > my_ret = -1
> >
> > Here's the code as copied from the Xcode editor.
> >
> > //
> > //  main.c
> > //  encode
> > //
> > //  Created by ken quirici on 6/16/12.
> > //  Copyright (c) 2012 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
> > //
> >
> > #include <stdio.h>
> >
> > int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
> > {
> >     char *my_filename;
> >     char *my_mode;
> >     char next_line[1000000];
> >     int my_ret,max_line;
> >
> >     my_filename = "/Users/kenquirici/Desktop/journal/journal.txt.save";
> >     my_mode = "r";
> >     max_line = 1000000;
> > //    next_line = "";
> > //    my_ret_line = "";
> >
> >     FILE *my_file;
> >
> >     if((my_file = fopen(my_filename,my_mode)) == NULL)
> >         printf("fopen failed\n");
>
> Use perror() instead of printf, so you can see why the file couldn't be
> opened, e.g.:
>
>   perror(my_filename);
>
> >     else if(fgets(next_line,max_line,my_file) == NULL)
> >        printf("fgets returned null\n");
> >     else
> >        printf("%s%s","next_line: ",next_line);
>
> That's a really bizarre way to use printf.  Why not:
>
>   printf("next_line: %s", next_line);
>
> >     my_ret = fclose(my_file);
>
> Calling fclose() on a null pointer (as you do in the error case) is a
> bug.
>
> >     // insert code here...
> >     printf("%s%d%s","my_ret = ",my_ret,"\n");
> >     return 0;
> > }
>
> --
> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/

0
kquirici
6/17/2012 3:53:21 PM
On Sunday, June 17, 2012 11:14:59 AM UTC-4, Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> "kquirici@yahoo.com" <kquirici@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > A skeleton program which is supposed to open a text file (created by
> > Wrangler so it's unicode but w/ unix lf breaks) and read a line and print it.
> > he file exists in the location as specified in the code,
> > which is below. The build succeeded w/o error. It's prob. some stupid typo
> > but I can't see it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > ken quirici
> >
> > here's the output returned:
> >
> > fopen failed
> > my_ret = -1
> >
> > Here's the code as copied from the Xcode editor.
> >
> > //
> > //  main.c
> > //  encode
> > //
> > //  Created by ken quirici on 6/16/12.
> > //  Copyright (c) 2012 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
> > //
> >
> > #include <stdio.h>
> >
> > int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
> > {
> >     char *my_filename;
> >     char *my_mode;
> >     char next_line[1000000];
> >     int my_ret,max_line;
> >
> >     my_filename = "/Users/kenquirici/Desktop/journal/journal.txt.save";
> >     my_mode = "r";
> >     max_line = 1000000;
> > //    next_line = "";
> > //    my_ret_line = "";
> >
> >     FILE *my_file;
> >
> >     if((my_file = fopen(my_filename,my_mode)) == NULL)
> >         printf("fopen failed\n");
>
> Use perror() instead of printf, so you can see why the file couldn't be
> opened, e.g.:
>
>   perror(my_filename);
>
> >     else if(fgets(next_line,max_line,my_file) == NULL)
> >        printf("fgets returned null\n");
> >     else
> >        printf("%s%s","next_line: ",next_line);
>
> That's a really bizarre way to use printf.  Why not:
>
>   printf("next_line: %s", next_line);
>
> >     my_ret = fclose(my_file);
>
> Calling fclose() on a null pointer (as you do in the error case) is a
> bug.
>
> >     // insert code here...
> >     printf("%s%d%s","my_ret = ",my_ret,"\n");
> >     return 0;
> > }
>
> --
> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/

well it now works. It read in the whole file and printed out each line.
I can move to the next step in my little project whose purpose is probably
clear from the name of this program :-)

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Quirici
0
kquirici
6/17/2012 3:54:37 PM
"kquirici@yahoo.com" <kquirici@yahoo.com> writes:
> well that's weird. when I replaced the printf(....my_ret...)
> with perror(my_filename)
>
> it now works - it returns the first line of the file whose name is
> my_filename. That is, fopen is no longer returning null, apparently.
>
> I tried running it again just now exactly as before and again it worked.
>
> I'm going to see if I can read the whole file in.
>
> I am very confused. I can only think that some previous run left the file
> open, so when I tried to fopen it it failed because it was already open.
> But that run where the fopen failed, the fclose must have worked (because it
> was already open). That make sense?

No, it doesn't.  You can still open files even if something else has
them open, and fclose() only does anything useful for open streams (like
I said, fclose(NULL) is never right).

Presumably something else changed that you didn't notice.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
0
On Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:00:03 PM UTC-4, Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> "kquirici@yahoo.com" <kquirici@yahoo.com> writes:
> > well that's weird. when I replaced the printf(....my_ret...)
> > with perror(my_filename)
> >
> > it now works - it returns the first line of the file whose name is
> > my_filename. That is, fopen is no longer returning null, apparently.
> >
> > I tried running it again just now exactly as before and again it worked.
> >
> > I'm going to see if I can read the whole file in.
> >
> > I am very confused. I can only think that some previous run left the file
> > open, so when I tried to fopen it it failed because it was already open.
> > But that run where the fopen failed, the fclose must have worked (because it
> > was already open). That make sense?
>
> No, it doesn't.  You can still open files even if something else has
> them open, and fclose() only does anything useful for open streams (like
> I said, fclose(NULL) is never right).
>
> Presumably something else changed that you didn't notice.
>
> --
> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/

ok, well that's good to know. More attention is req'd than I thought
necessary. That's good to know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Quirici
0
kquirici
6/17/2012 8:12:58 PM
In article
<16694ec6-4819-4355-a10d-df1e7df3e337@googlegroups.com>,
 "kquirici@yahoo.com" <kquirici@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
>
> well that's weird. when I replaced the printf(....my_ret...)
> with perror(my_filename)
>
> it now works - it returns the first line of the file whose name is
> my_filename. That is, fopen is no longer returning null, apparently.
>
> I tried running it again just now exactly as before and again it worked.
>
> I'm going to see if I can read the whole file in.
>
> I am very confused. I can only think that some previous run left the file
> open, so when I tried to fopen it it failed because it was already open.
> But that run where the fopen failed, the fclose must have worked (because it
> was already open). That make sense?

A user mode program no matter how it exists will ALWAYS release
any memory it is using, and it will automatically close any open
files.  A file opened by another independent program or a previous
run of the same program will never leave a file open for a future
program to use.  A program gets to open its own files if it wants
to use them.

The one except to the opening a file rule is if a process fork()'s
a child process.  The child process can inherit an open file from
the parent and they can both share that open file's current access
point.  A parent can fork() as many times as it wants (within the
limits of the system it is running on) and each child will inherit
the current open files.  A child can fork() and pass along the
open files it inherited from its parent to its child (wash, rinse,
repeat as much as the task at hand needs).  Any process sharing
that open can close its handle/file descriptor and it will not
affect the other opens.

As I just mentioned, an open file inherited from its parent will
share the open file's current access point.  This means a read
(using a file descriptor, which is different from a FILE *handle)
by the parent or any of the children, grandchildren, great
grandchildren, etc... will move the current access point, such
that the next read from any of the other opens will read from the
updated file access point.  The same is true for writes to the
file descriptor.

HOWEVER, a FILE *handle is semi-private, in that the open file
descriptor is buried in the handle, but the buffer used by the
handle is specific to the handle in the private memory of the
process, as well as the handle's idea of where it is in the file.

All in all, while the fact that inherited opens share the current
file descriptor access point is a cool feature, there are very few
uses for this and generally if a parent passes an open file to a
child, the parent generally does not touch the file until the
child terminates to avoid problems for either side.

This is a lot more than you ever wanted to know about Linux/Unix
(which includes Mac OS X) I/O primitive operations.

> Regards,
>
> Ken Quirici
0
Bob

WxMac 2.4.2, Mac OS 10.3.2 (Panther) compile problem
I have been trying to compile wxMac 2.4.2 for several days now under OS X 10.3.2 (Panther.) Configuring goes okay, but when I try to compile it, I get the following errors: src/mac/dc.cpp:1259: error: parse error before `<<' token src/mac/dc.cpp:1263: error: parse error before `short' make: *** [dc.o] Error 1 Is there something I should be aware of? Thanks, Damon Campagna --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxw...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 > beta should > > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > > please download the version in our CVS repo at > > I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this > version is used > extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of > ACE all these > products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) ;-) Right - this is where the value...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, >> I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version >> is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of >> ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to >> explode ;) >> >> Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on Tiger? It'll take some work, but companies like Riverace, Remedy, and OCI can help out with this stuff if staying with 5.3.1 is essential. Please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for help with this stuff. >>...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Doug, > > Thanks for using the PRF. > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 beta should > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > please download the version in our CVS repo at I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on ...

Debugging in XCode 2.4 (Mac OS X 10.4) #2
OS: Mac OS X 10.4.8 / XCode 2.4 Hello I try to debug a QuarkXTension. Every time I want to start the debugging I get the message "QuarkXpress 7.0 exited with status (10). The debugger is still running. Use 'Restart' to debug again.". I have defined QuarkXPress 7.0 as an executable and it starts when I run it without the debugger. But with the debugger I get the message above. Do you have an idea what this error message means? A problem with the path? Source files which aren't found? A "symbol file" (or something like that) who isn't found...

[2.4.2 SuSE 9.2 gcc 3.3.4] linking problem
Hi, I used the 2.4.2 version without problems, with the GTK-1.2. I just compiled and installed the 2.4.9 version of GTK, recompiled and installed the 2.4.2 version of WxWidgets without any problems. I tried to compile many programs (including wx demos), and all failed in the last linking stage with the following messages: /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `_gtk_accel_group_detach' /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `_gtk_accel_group_attach' /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so: undefined reference to `_gtk_rc_context_get_de...

[wx 2.6.2, Mac OS 10.3, GNU C/C++] opengl animation
Hi everyone! I am writing my code on top of the "penguin" opengl sample distributed with wx. I would like to make a 3D animation. Which event should trigger my function "draw()"? For instance in the penguin sample a refresh occurs when the mouse is clicked & dragged over the canvas. I need the refresh to occur all the time. I have inserted this: BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(GLCanvas, wxGLCanvas) EVT_IDLE(GLCanvas::OnIdle) END_EVENT_TABLE() But the result is rather funny: when the mouse is over the canvas the animation gets faster, while the mouse is movin...

Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
------_=_NextPart_001_01C755D2.E5708505 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code takes the LAST extension from the filter and attaches it to the file. I find this a bit strange, and I would expect the FIRST extension of each file type to be the most dominant one, so that it's used as the default extension if none is supplied. Is there any reason for using the last extension (o...

set_process_affinity_mask problem
For a couple of months, I've been successfully using the Python set_process_affinity_mask wrapper from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/affinity/0.1.0 Now I've upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 8.10 (from gcc 4.2.3 to gcc 4.3.2) and set_process_affinity_mask seems to fail on the x86 Ubuntu install. It still works fine, after upgrade, on the x64 Ubuntu install. I've tried re-installing Python, and the affinity package, and gcc, and glibc, and ... without getting it to work. Specifically, I have a function def setAffinity(): if affinitymask: ...

[wx 2.4.2.4, gcc 3.3.3] Creating an wxApp from a non-wxWidgets program
--Boundary-02=_/rkfAd91uo66+N6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Description: signed data Content-Disposition: inline Hi all, I'm trying to create a GUI for a previously non-wxWidgets oriented C++=20 program, and I'm having some problems. I have quite experience with wxPytho= n=20 and Boa-constructor, but now I have to do it in "plain" C. The question is that I have my main() function and want to create a wxApp=20 derived object, so I can't simply do an IMPLEMENT_APP(myApp). Inste...

MIME encoding change in Python 2.4.3 (or 2.4.2? 2.4.1?)
I have an application that processes MIME messages. It reads a message from a file, looks for a text/html and text/plain parts in it, performs some processing on these parts, and outputs the new message. Ever since I recently upgraded my Python to 2.4.3, the output messages started to come out garbled, as a block of junk characters. I traced the problem back to a few lines that were removed from the email package: The new Python no longer encodes the payload when converting the MIME message to a string. Since my program must work on several computers, each having a different version of Pyth...

RE: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
OK, I will fix this, and send a patch. > -----Original Message----- > From: Vadim Zeitlin [mailto:vadim@wxwindows.org] > Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:38 PM > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: Re: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1] >=20 > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:11:23 +0200 Yaron Tadmor <YaronT@HumanEyes.com> > wrote: >=20 > YT> Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in > YT> response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code > YT> takes the LAST extens...

HELP! with Mac Os 9.1 and X.3.2 programs please
I need help with Mac OS programs 9.1 & X.3.2. would greatly appreciate knowledgeable person, who could help me, get the computer up and running. If you are the one/or group, please Email me at: h.wanger@worldnet.att.net, and we will take it from there. Thanking you all, in advance, for your "Time", and " Energy". .....Herb ...

[wx 2.6.3, mac, xcode] link problem again... I need some help...
------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C70CCC.6BAE8690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have built a dynamic library of wxMac 2.6.3 with xcode (macho compilation). If I use this dynamic library in another dynamic library I obtain link errors like that: Undefined symbols __ZTI8wxWThread __ZTI8wxWindow ... If I use this dynamic library in an application I obtain these link errors: Undefined symbols: typeinfo for wxThread typeinfo for wxGDIObject typeinfo for wxObject typeinfo for wxTimer .....

[wx 2.5.3, mac os x 10.3.7, gcc 3.3] problem regarding wxGenericDirCtrl
hi all, currently i am trying to make a wxGenericDirCtrl list files and not just directories. The wxDIRCTRL_DIR_ONLY flag is *not* set, but it just shows directories and no files at all except symlinks. is this a bug, a feature or just my goofiness? please let me know ... tia + kind regards, krystian --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi, Is there a simple way to get the screen image in a wxGLCanvas i...

RE: [wx 2.6.3, mac, xcode] link problem again... I need some help...
------_=_NextPart_001_01C70D57.D3CDFBDA Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi =20 do you have the same architecture settings in both projects ? could it be that the application is a universal binary but the lib is not ? =20 Best, =20 Stefan =20 _____ =20 From: Mickael Gasrel [mailto:mgasrel@e-frontier.com]=20 Sent: Montag, 20. November 2006 17:51 To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org Subject: [wx 2.6.3, mac, xcode] link problem again... I need some help... =09 =09 Hi, =20 I have built a dy...

problem in wxMac 2.6.2 unicode mach-o build using Codewarrior 8.3 on Mac OS 10.3
Hi, I am getting the following error while compiling wxMac 2.6.2, wxLib Mach-o(debug/release) build with wxUSE_UNICODE flag set to 1 I am using Codewarrior 8.3 on Mac OS 10.3 Error : type mismatch 'wxMBConvUTF16BE' and 'wxMBConv' dobjcmn.cpp line 283 return format == wxDF_UNICODETEXT ? sUTF16Converter : (wxMBConv&) wxConvLocal; Can someone throw some light on this issue and let me know whether it is a wxMac issue or i am making some mistake in setting the flags for unicode build. Any suggestions or workaround will be highly appreciated. The only cha...

Problems using HP LaserJet 4 Plus and GIMP with Mac OS 10.2.3
I'm trying to print to a HP LaserJet 4 Plus from my ibook (Mac OS 10.2.3) after successfully installing gimp and ghostscript, print center gives me four different drivers to choose from: "HP LaserJet 4 plus v2013.111" (this option is repeated thrice) and "HP LaserJet 4 Series - CUPS+GIMP-Print v4.2.6". [i presume the latter is the correct driver, as the rest don't give me options to change "output mode" and "image type" under "feature sets".] none of the four drivers works, however. when i click on a print job, i get...

wxMac 2.5.2: samples/controls problems with 10.3.4 and XCode 1.2
Hi: I've just tested wxMac 2.5.2, and ran the controls sample. There are several widgets that are not correctly displayed. Is this a known bug? In case it is not, do you want some screen shots? Here is my configuration: MacOSX 10.3.4 XCode 1.2 (update from April). wxAll 2.5.2 configure --with-mac --disable-shared .... Configured wxWidgets 2.5.2 for `powerpc-apple-darwin7.4.0' Which GUI toolkit should wxWidgets use? mac Should wxWidgets be compiled into single library? no Should wxWidgets be compiled in debug mode? ...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4
Hi Jason, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 beta should work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, please download the version in our CVS repo at http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/ take care, Doug >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Mac OS X 10.4.2 >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: >> >> /* -*- C++ ...

stressing problem with Python < 3.3.3 / 2.7.6 and Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks
Hi, I'm not a regular MacPython user, but today I had to build Mac wheels for different versions of Python. To test the wheel files I set up a fresh Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks and and installed Python 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 from the python.org download page on it. Then I struggled for the rest of the afternoon to try to figure out why Python 3.2 crashed when I used my package in interactive mode until I finally realized that it's not the package but Python that's responsible. Turns out that I had run into http://bugs.python.org/issue18458 which probably every MacPython user h...

HELP: Konqueror cookie behavior changed after upgrade from 3.4.2 to 3.4.2
I'm a Gentoo user, and I just updated KDE from 3.4.2 to 3.4.3. I've noticed a change in cookie behavior. I like to read slashdot, and I like to stay logged in. Once I've logged in, I stay logged in for any article that is right off of slashdot.org. But for any subdomain, such as apple.slashdot.org, it appears that the right cookie isn't sent, so it makes me appear logged out. I've looked at the configuration menus for cookies, but I can't find a setting that would affect this. I also tried clearing out all cookies for slashdot.org, to no effect. Before I file a b...

Mex yprime.c compile failed matlab r2010a mac os x 10.6.6 xcode 4 gcc v4.2.1
Dear all, I am new to this topic. I just wanted to follow the steps to build a mex file from my mac. I am using a matlab r2010a on a mac with os x 10.6.6. I have the xcode4 installed. After typed in mex -setup in the matlab prompt, the output are as follows, Options files control which compiler to use, the compiler and link command options, and the runtime libraries to link against. Using the 'mex -setup' command selects an options file that is placed in ~/.matlab/R2010a and used by default for 'mex'. An options file in the current working directory or spe...

Debugging in XCode 2.4 (Mac OS X 10.4)
OS: Mac OS X 10.4.8 / XCode 2.4 Hello I try to debug a QuarkXTension. Every time I want to start the debugging I get the message "QuarkXpress 7.0 exited with status (10). The debugger is still running. Use 'Restart' to debug again.". I have defined QuarkXPress 7.0 as an executable and it starts when I run it without the debugger. But with the debugger I get the message above. Do you have an idea what this error message means? A problem with the path? Source files which aren't found? A "symbol file" (or something like that) who isn't found? ...

Installing gnuplot 4.2.2 on Mac G4 under Mac OS X 10.4.11
In attempting to install gnuplot 4.2.2 on a Mac G4 running Mac OS X v. 4.2.2, I got several error messages before the installation failed. The error messages asked that I report these messages to the gnuplot lists, so the excerpt below contains the transcript of the installation. Any suggestions as to how to install gnuplot 4.2.2? Starfighter. Last login: Wed Nov 21 03:22:17 on ttyp1 Welcome to Darwin! dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ tar -xzf gnuplot-4.2.2.tar.gz dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ ls dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ cd gnuplot-4.2.2 dsl092-239-159:/gnuplot-4.2.2 s...

Web resources about - fopen problem - straight C program on OS Lion, Xcode 4.3.2 - whazzup? - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help

Savage Love: Straight Answers from America's Most Popular Sex Columnist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
Savage Love: Straight Answers from America's Most Popular Sex Columnist is a non-fiction book by sex columnist Dan Savage . It was first published ...

Australia's best sprinter to produce Lightning down the Flemington straight
The straight 1000 metres can be the ultimate test of speed and the fastest horses in the land are queueing up for an elite edition of the Black ...

Soulless sexts can't compete with love letters straight from the heart
Snaps of body parts with short texts lacks romance.

Fox News Host Goes Straight For The Gut After Christie's Announcement
Now that Fox News is unashamedly in the tank for Donald Trump and Chris Christie has packed his bags and gone home, professional frat boy Greg ...

Ironically, El Chapo Could End Up Taking An Underground Tunnel Straight To US Federal Prison
Ironically, El Chapo Could End Up Taking An Underground Tunnel Straight To US Federal Prison

Universal & ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Crew Want “Egregious” Suit By Ex-N.W.A. Manager Gutted
They took their time and had the case moved to federal court but today Universal , Straight Outta Compton director F. Gary Grey, Legendary Pictures ...

All your Netflix streams now come straight from Amazon
The closure of Netflix's last data center might not be news, but who's picking up the slack on the outside might be. The firm has revealed that ...

Economists Need To Get Their Stories Straight About Money
Money's sole purpose is as a measure meant to facilitate the exchange of actual wealth. It's nothing else.

9 Blatant Lies About Pop Culture That Everybody Instantly Saw Straight Through
These days, creators struggle to keep the details of their upcoming movies and TV shows from leaking on the internet, so they can preserve their ...