Getting printer name or available printer list

Hi All

Does anyone knows the API or code for getting the printer names on
classic OS?

Previously my colleague uses PMSessionCreatePrinterList etc, to get the list
and it is working fine on OS X with carbonLib. But now we need it to run on
Classic OS (OS 9) without the use of CarbonLib.

Does anyone knows how to get the printer list for it or default printer
name?? other than using PMSession..

Thanks !

--
Best Regards
Eleen

0
neele
2/26/2004 3:57:16 AM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

Get list of available printers
I want my program to display a list of available printers when I click the Print button. Also once I've chosen a printer from the list, how do I set my choice as the printer object so I can send use it to print? Any help greatly appreciated. >I want my program to display a list of available printers when I click the >Print button. #1. Loop through the Printers collection With ComboPrinters For i = 0 To Printers.count - 1 If Printers(i).Port <> "FILE:" Then .AddItem Printers(i).DeviceName .ItemData(.NewIndex) = i I...

Need help getting a mac to print to a Toshiba eStudio650 copier/printer ?????
I have been able to get a mac to print to a Toshiba eStudio650 copier/ printer by setting it up using as an IP printer and using the generic postscript printer option. This works but the user cannot use any of the advanced features of the machine, like stapeling, duplexing, hole punch, ... I went to the Toshiba site and downloaded the mac drivers for this machine: http://copiers.toshiba.com/support/controllers/gl-1020.shtml I run the installer, it does a bunch of stuff, and then says installation was sucessful. I don't know what I should do next as far as the setup of the copier/print...

Hopefully can somebody help me to get rid of this error (Printer name invalid) in cygwin
I don't know if I am at the right place to ask my question. But any way, I explain my problem. I use on Win7 the cygwin to use linux in our company.=20 Here no one knows any thing about Unix or linux and even less about cygwin. At the old company I could print from cygwin any text file on the common pr= inter, which was connected to the server. I had in my .bash_profile the following alias: alias lpc=3D'lpr -d //forum/HP\ Color\ LaserJet\ 5550 ' The whole stauff after "-d" was the printer name on the server. But now in the new company they hav...

Can somone help a Windows geek get a Mac to print to a USB printer on a print server???
I'm trying to help my sister and brother-in-law with their mixed marriage! They had a nice Windows home, pc's networked together and he decided he wanted to kill the home PC, get a MAC and have the two of them roam the house in cyber bliss. The problem is the printer - a HP PSC 2210 All-In-One. Since the desktop was PC was removed, I put in a D-Link DP-301U network USB print server. The Windows PC can print fine. The MacBook pro running OS X 10.4.11 can't. Despite the statements that MAS OS is supported all over the D-Link box, I can't get any support from D-Link. ...

How to get the Printer Name?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C3EA76.8A38E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, May i know how do I get the printer list and the current printer = name from a print dialog? I searched thru the documentation, managed to = find these 2 APIs:PMSessionCreatePrinterList, = PMSessionGetCurrentPrinter. However, i don't know how to use it to = retrieve the chosen printer name from a print dialog and i have no idea = how to create a printer list. Can s...

get printer status and change path of printer
Hello, Being new to vb dotnet I have the following problem: I want to manage printjobs by an dotnet application. For this I use the ActiveDS reference. Using this reference, how can I: * find the printerstatus (not the job status) * Change the destination of the printjobs? So change it from: \\domain\server\printer1 to \\domain\server\printer2 Any help would be appreciated Regards, Jurgen On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:26:09 +0100, "Jurgen Oerlemans" <jurgen.oerlemans@envirolab_remove_.nl> wrote: >Hello, > >Being new to vb dotnet I have the following problem: ...

Printer Ink

Need help with LIST to printer
I haven�t used my real C64 and printer for the last 7-8 yaers so I have forgotten most command lines. How do I LIST a basic prog to the printer? I made a basic prog (I don�t know any other language) in -96 and there is a problem with that program (file not open error) that I�m trying to find now and it would be easier if I could print out the whole program. Magnus I found it! No help needen anymore... > I haven�t used my real C64 and printer for the last 7-8 yaers > so I have forgotten most command lines. > How do I LIST a basic prog to the printer? > I made a basic prog (I don�...

Help I need a printer driver for cannon S330 printer
Hi I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer and I dont know what I am doing or how to get one. I downloaded a printer driver to my desktop but dont know how to install it from there. Now i think i threw it in the recycle bin. Can anyone help me, I need my printer to work and dont have the disk. It worked fine before my puter crashed and i had to reload backups. any help will be greatly appreciated sincerely mike On 7 Jan 2005 14:26:47 -0800, carstereos89@aol.com wrote: >Hi >I am trying to download a printer driver for my cannon S330 printer...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

How to get a printer device name
All, I am trying to figure out how to get a printers device name programmatically with KSH. For example, if I lpstat -W -pMDNTW385_385 on my system I get: Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk -------------------- -------------- --------- ------ ------------------ -------- -- ---- --- ----- --- --- MDNTW385_385 hp@MDNTW385 READY (because of the wrap)...how can I get everything between the @ symbol and the READY? (i.e. the device name). Is there a way to grep for this? Thanks for the assist... On Jan 16, 2:32=A...

How to get the local printer name?
Hi there, May i know how do I get the printer list and the current printer name from a print dialog? I searched thru the documentation, managed to find these 2 APIs:PMSessionCreatePrinterList, PMSessionGetCurrentPrinter. However, i don't know how to use it to retrieve the chosen printer name from a print dialog and i have no idea how to create a printer list. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance. regards, pealow "Pealow Ng LY" <pealow@kikuze.com> wrote in message news:<bvnmab$ho$1@reader01.singnet.com.sg>... > Hi there, > &g...

IP printer will not appear in Printer Model list
HP Deskjet 840C is attached to Netgear FWG114P print server. Works fine for Windows systems on the network. Cannot add it to OS 10.3 printer list. I've installed all the HP printer drivers from the OS X installation CD. And I've downloaded the latest driver from HP. Neither fixed the problem. "Deskjet 840" never appears in Printer Setup Utility > Add > IP Printing. Also tried the "hp IP Printing" option but it doesn't "discover" the printer at 192.168.0.1 OS X is quite happy with the network. But it can't use the printer,...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any...

Network Printer help: Use a Shared Printer on a WinXP machine
Hello, I am new to Linux. I have the Slackware flavor installed, version 9.1. I am trying to use a shared printer on a Windows XP machine. I have verified that I can access the machine (ADDIE) through the network with: smb://Addie in Konqueror (Note: THis requires a USername/Password). I do have CUPS installed. I tried adding the printer with the CUPS "Add Printer" method. Below is the infomation I added: <First Page> Name: Addie's Printer Location: //Addie Description: Addie's Printer <Second Page> Device: Unknown Network Device(smb) ...

Windows shared printer not listed under "Printer Model"
I am sharing a HP DeskJet 5550 from a windows machine and would like to print to it from OS X 10.4. The problem is that the printer model is not listed under the HP printers. If I hook up the printer directly to my mac I can print without any problems. What should I select in the list of printer models? Is there a way to install a driver that will add my printer model to the list? Thanks, Nathan Nathan Funk wrote: > I am sharing a HP DeskJet 5550 from a windows machine and would like to > print to it from OS X 10.4. > > The problem is that the printer model...

How to get Mac to use PC printer
Have a PC with Windows XP and printer attached Have PC printer sharing on Have a Mac G4 networked to PC through a Linksys router. Have Zonealarm on PC Can see Mac on network from PC, but can't see anything about the PC from the Mac, I can just see the name of the Mac from the PC, nothing else. Can someone tell me the steps to get Mac to share/see the printer on the PC? ...

Re: How to get the local printer name?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3FB95.3CCA5DE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello guys, I refer to my question posted on 3rd Feb 2004. Thanks to = kaydell, i manage to get the printer list. It works well in OS X. My = concern here is it does not work in OS 9. Yes, Kaydell has mentioned = this in his reply. So I wonder if anybody else know how to go about = getting the printer list in OS 9? Thanks again for your help and kindness in advance. regards,pealow Pe...

How can I get a list of installed printers?
how I can get a list of installed printers in order to pass them to a ComboBox to select the user in the programming language Visual Objects? Thanks Hi George, I sent directly to you a AEF with some hints because the binary file was rejected by the news-server. Watch your mail. Urs <BGeorge21@in.gr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e7f787dd-c665-4331-a83d-ad3c1b163edd@googlegroups.com... > how I can get a list of installed printers in order to pass them to a > ComboBox to select the user in the programming language Visual Objects? > > Thanks zqTOtyDOo86s...

How to get Mac to use PC printer
Have a PC with Windows XP and printer attached Have PC printer sharing on Have a Mac G4 networked to PC through a Linksys router. Have Zonealarm on PC Can see Mac on network from PC, but can't see anything about the PC from the Mac, I can just see the name of the Mac from the PC, nothing else. Can someone tell me the steps to get Mac to share/see the printer on the PC? ...

How to get a list of printers with their device address
Hi my goal is to identify the lan printers which do not have an internet name in RMTLOCNAME parameter into their device description. For that, I need to produce a file (or a list) containing the device name and its RMTLOCNAME parameter All the lan printers name start with P, so the list will look like that: PSGJGG 192.168.10.55 PKHKHKJ 192.168.10.75 PGDGDGD PDNSNAM01 I've tried a lot of thing : - like found here http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/as400-printer-ip-address-listing/ but it do not fit my needs. I do not succeed in getting that file/list. Thank you fo...

Web resources about - Getting printer name or available printer list - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help

Four Things To Watch for in South Carolina's GOP Primary
NBCNews.com Four Things To Watch for in South Carolina's GOP Primary NBCNews.com South Carolina's Republican primary is Saturday, and the ...

EU summit: High stakes and missed meals
How talks on a new deal for Britain in Europe unfolded

The Latest: Thousands expected at Mass for Antonin Scalia
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the funeral Mass for the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (all times local):

Dear Kanye: Please, Please, Please Sue The Pirate Bay
Is Kanye West a genius, a lunatic, a megalomaniac, an egomanic, or an amalgamation of all four? That’s just one of the puzzles on the table this ...

Virgin Galactic debuts space tourism rocket
MOJAVE, Calif. — Virgin Galactic rolled out a new version of its SpaceShipTwo space tourism rocket Friday as it prepares to return to flight ...

Virtual reality promises to transform film
Chris Milk stepped onto a TED Conference stage and took the audience on an awe-inducing trip into the future of movies.

Last 'Angola 3' prisoner freed, after decades in solitary confinement
Los Angeles Times Last 'Angola 3' prisoner freed, after decades in solitary confinement Los Angeles Times Albert Woodfox, the final member ...

Nicole Angstadt: Two Charged In Murder, Sexual Assault And Dismemberment Of New Jersey 15-Year-Old
Two New Jersey men were charged Friday in the sexual assault and murder of 15-year-old Nicole Angstadt, whose body was recovered in the crawl ...

‘Game Of Thrones’ Melisandre Attends Baby Shower In Seth Meyers Sketch
Game of Thrones ‘ witchy vixen Melisandre (Carice van Houten) made an appearance Thursday night even though the HBO cult sensation is between ...