Inside Macintosh (and other books)

Group seems highly moribund, but on the off-chance that someone
playing with old hardware is still monitoring this group...

Up for grabs:
   Inside Macintosh I, II, and IV-VI plus X-Ref
   ResEdit and MacsBug user guides
   Macintosh programming primer
   Macintosh C programming Primer
   Debugging Macintosh software with MacsBug

All free to any one prepared to collect or pay shipping.
I may also still have DSDD floppies with the original software...

Ping me at dstone at chem dot utoronto dot ca if interested.
0
David
5/23/2013 1:13:12 PM
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help 4653 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

In article <no.email-9485D6.09131223052013@news.eternal-september.org>,
 David Stone <no.email@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Group seems highly moribund, but on the off-chance that someone
> playing with old hardware is still monitoring this group...
>
> Up for grabs:
>    Inside Macintosh I, II, and IV-VI plus X-Ref
>    ResEdit and MacsBug user guides
>    Macintosh programming primer
>    Macintosh C programming Primer
>    Debugging Macintosh software with MacsBug
>
> All free to any one prepared to collect or pay shipping.
> I may also still have DSDD floppies with the original software...
>
> Ping me at dstone at chem dot utoronto dot ca if interested.

Just a suggestion -
Y'might want to cross this over into the recently created (just in the
last few weeks) comp.sys.mac.vintage newsgroup.

--
If the door is baroque don't be Haydn. Come around Bach and jiggle the Handel.
0
wrote:

> In article <no.email-9485D6.09131223052013@news.eternal-september.org>,
>  David Stone <no.email@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Group seems highly moribund, but on the off-chance that someone
> > playing with old hardware is still monitoring this group...
> >
> > Up for grabs:
> >    Inside Macintosh I, II, and IV-VI plus X-Ref
> >    ResEdit and MacsBug user guides
> >    Macintosh programming primer
> >    Macintosh C programming Primer
> >    Debugging Macintosh software with MacsBug
> >
> > All free to any one prepared to collect or pay shipping.
> > I may also still have DSDD floppies with the original software...
> >
> > Ping me at dstone at chem dot utoronto dot ca if interested.
>
> Just a suggestion -
> Y'might want to cross this over into the recently created (just in the
> last few weeks) comp.sys.mac.vintage newsgroup.

Yeah, just saw that about 5 minutes after posting - figures!
0
David

No Mac Help in Mac Help?
When I go to Mac Help in Finder (latest version of OSX Tiger) I get nothing. The window pops up but it's blank. Click on the little house and the initial screen fills in but nothing beyond that. I had a simiar problem with Safari help some time back and someone suggested I remove a folder from Library/Caches, (com.apple.helpui or something similar) and that did the trick for Safari's help. I honestly don't recall if I've ever had the Mac Help or I've just never used it since this machine. The problem happens on or offline so I'm not sure where the Mac Help file re...

Help! iSync mac to mac

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Inside Macintosh--the phone book?
In what is now the old (Macintosh II) days, Apple published Inside Macintosh. Often, it was called the "phone book." ROM had its own address space distinct from RAM Inside Macintosh had a list of hundreds if not thousands of system calls to the built-in ROM. I started out using the Symantec Pascal Development system. The various ROM entry addresses were given names that were built into the compiler. Later, Symantec provided various forms of C development systems. All that is gone. My questions are: 1. Where is there the equivalent of Inside Macintosh? 2. What is the most conven...

Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac?
http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?showtopic=33751 Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac? Aug 29 2009, 12:23 PM Post #1 Group: Star Member Posts: 297 Joined: 31-May 06 Member No.: 14,025 Today, for a hopefully brief period of time, I'm being forced to use a Mac. Since these machines are incomprehensible, I need a simple piece of information*. I know this is heresy, but . . er . . is there anywhere on the Net where peeps answer questions without offering them the choice of (1) $15 (2) $25 or (3) $50 for the answer. ~ beau (but don't tell anyone I asked...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

HELP! HELP! HELP
I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, but they were not able to figure out this problem: Here is the problem: I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then > imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange > reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, > it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is > lost. i have tried...

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hello everyone, I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE. Yours forever in Digital Paradise uSmAn could have typed what u wanted in google. "Usman" <game_pk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buobgo$kaacm$1@ID-217624.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello everyone, > I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used > C before eit...

help help help
hi all im new to linux can anyone tell me the best place to get some help installing programs in linux or best books to read -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - peteware wrote: > hi all im new to linux can anyone tell me the best place to get some > help installing programs in linux or best books to read > > > -- > --------------------------------- --- -- - > Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final > Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet > -...

HELP-HELP-HELP!!!!!!!!!!
On this site par example: http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to see this a new window opens and i see a icon with ared cross in it. also on sites with games i see this... What is my problem? I have winXP-Pro firewall is out and sec. is on low..... twan1@home.nl (Twan) writes: > On this site par example: > http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html > u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to...

HELP: I need to reinstall MAC address book
I'm running 10.3.6. Somehow I lost MAC address book (not related to 10.3.6). It is in the Applicatios folder, but it won't open, although it shows up in the dock when I try to open it. It is not normally in my dock. I have two other MACs with the same operating system and the address book works on both of them. They ae netwoked to my machine. I tried copying the address book app from one to my machine but it still does not open. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?: * posted via http://mymac.ws Have you tried clearing the preferences? Repairing permissions? Try running it...

Help Help Help
Q1 I want to know how to show the 8 bit planes of the image?? Q2 And also find edges of image by showing both edge magnitude and direction?? ...

HELP! HELP! HELP!
We are currently running R83 v3.1m (33 user) on an old 200 Mhz Pentium with 16Mb Mem and 2.x gif HD (the actual partition is smaller) We have run this for a number of years without ANY significant problems. Last week (just as my family was in the middle of "the move from Hell") the system decides to take a major dump. A bad link of some sort in the ABS area. THEN - the systems disks have disappeared. After much screaming and gnashing of teeth I got the system running again. OH! did I mention that the previous evenings file save tape was bad? Anyhow, the bo...

HELP HELP HELP...
Hi everybody there. I have created a GUI in MATLAB's guide application. In the GUI I am appearing on the screen a frame from a camera by pushing a button. My problem that sometimes the application works fine, but some others something is going wrong and I get the following error message: ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton subscripts Error in ==> LEDsFinal>txtGrabFrame_Callback at 164 A(width, i, Blue) = abs(fread(portCMU, 1, 'uint8'))/255; What does the error message mean? What seems to be the problem? How can I overco...

Books, Books, Books...
On-Line C/C++ Books http://chameleon.voxnet.gr/Books/index.php?key=cplusplus The most good books for me are "The C++ Programming Language" & "Thinking in C++" "Paul Gessos, a.k.a Chameleon" <cham_gss@hotmail.com> wrote: > On-Line C/C++ Books > > http://chameleon.voxnet.gr/Books/index.php?key=cplusplus Dear Paul, I temporarily disabled my news filters and found that you are posting anti-semitic crap again (see http://tinyurl.com/6tm3g, http://tinyurl.com/5bk26). Take your bullshit elsewhere. Jonathan Jonathan Turkanis schrie...

Help, Help, Help
As you can probably gather im in need of help. I started a basic JAVA course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject. The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use. We are using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without having to worry about the input/output. Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website...

Help!! Help!! Help!!
I wish to vectorize the following code: s = tf('s'); W = logspace(-1,2,50); COMBINATION = combn(W, 2); K = cell(length(COMBINATION), 1); K0 = 1 + (1/(2*s)) + 0.5*s/(0.2*s + 1); % PID controller to be approximated as PI gapValue = zeros(length(COMBINATION), 1); for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) K{i} = (COMBINATION(i,1)*(1 + (1/(COMBINATION(i,2)*s)))); % PI controller end for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) gapValue(i,1) = gapmetric(K0, K{i}); end where K0 is the Nominal transfer function and K is a cell array including transfer functions whose gap metric from K0 are...

help! help!! help!!! me
hello if x=linspace(1,100,n); p=linspace(100,80,n-1); how can I get A A=[ x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; x(2) 1 -x(2) -1 0 0 0 0...0 0; p(1) 0 -p(2) 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 x(3) 1 -x(3) -1 0 0...0 0; 0 0 p(2) 0 -p(3) 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 0 0 x(4) 1 -x(4) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 p(3) 0 -p(4) 0...0 0; ....................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0...x(i) 1 -x(i) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0...p(i-1) 0 -p(i-1) 0 ...0 0; ......................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0....x(n-1) 1 -x(n-1) -1; 0 0 0 0 0 0....p(n-2) 0 -p(n-1) 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0.... 0 0 p(n-1) 0; ] "Jim lei" <redlightlike@mathworks.c...

Help! Help! Help!
My daughter has a Dell 2300 that is coincidentally 1 month past the warranty. It will start up and shut off within 1 minute. It doesn't matter if I boot from hard drive, floppy, go into safe mode, or go to setup screen. I don't know how to try to isolate the problem. (Mother board, power supply etc.) Any suggestions? sogs wrote: > My daughter has a Dell 2300 that is coincidentally 1 month past the > warranty. It will start up and shut off within 1 minute. It doesn't > matter if I boot from hard drive, floppy, go into safe mode, or go to > setup screen....

HELP HELP HELP
Hi! All, I am an Interactive Media Designer and know very less about asp but the basic concept behind. I got to make an online test(Exam) in asp which has a login (frm access database) panel. Can any one direct me to a free source so that I can simply pick the project and customize it. Thnaks in Advance Raj.Design In article <1112007306.454441.207430@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, raj.design@gmail.com enlightened us with... > Hi! All, > I am an Interactive Media Designer and know very less about asp but the > basic concept behind. I got to make an online te...

Help, Help, Help...
Hei! Im makin a hot INVADERS game with Java but im a newbie with language, so , question is how do i use KeyPressed () function... I hav Applet Runnable... -!Hei!- Here is my problem... public class TestinKeys extends Applet implements Runnable .... .... public void run () { while ( true ) { KeyEvent ke; if ( ke.getKeyChar() == 'a' ) g_TykkiX ++; .... .... What is Wrong, im tryin to make that Invaders game but i dont know how to read keyboard with Runnable Java code... JariTapio <JariTapio@pp.inet.fi> wrote: > publi...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

Web resources about - Inside Macintosh (and other books) - comp.sys.mac.programmer.help

Macintosh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... is about the line of personal computers. For the waterproof coat, see Mackintosh . For other uses, see McIntosh (disambiguation) . The Macintosh ...

Macintosh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Macintosh ( / ˈ m æ k ɨ n t ɒ ʃ / MAK -in-tosh ), marketed as Mac , is a line of personal computers (PCs) designed, developed, and marketed ...

Macintosh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Macintosh ( / ˈ m æ k ɨ n t ɒ ʃ / MAK -in-tosh ), marketed as Mac , is a line of personal computers (PCs) designed, developed, and marketed ...

The Macintosh Guy of Portland
. MacTips - Email Lists - My Blog MacGuy Sales - About - Contact Web themacintoshguy.

‘Welcome to Macintosh’
Concise, tightly-edited, informative, and fun new podcast by young Mr. Mark Bramhill . Three episodes so far — go ahead and listen to them all. ...

No Women From Original Macintosh Team in Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie?
... officer for the United States, in an interview with Charlie Rose: “There are these incredible photographs from the launch of the Macintosh ...

Developer hacks 20 year old Macintosh OS 7.5.5 to run on Apple Watch
Developer Nick Lee this evening has shared a video showing how he managed to hack an Apple Watch to run Macintosh OS, System 7.5.5. For those ...

Pinterest Adds Macintosh Design Vet Susan Kare as Product Design Lead
Pinterest Adds Macintosh Design Vet Susan Kare as Product Design Lead

Meet early Macintosh marketer Joanna Hoffman, who was not afraid to stand up to Steve Jobs
... movie, she's portrayed as Jobs' right-hand woman. Hoffman, played by Kate Winslet in the movie, joined Apple as the fifth member of the Macintosh ...

Sunday Almanac: Apple's Macintosh - Videos - CBS News
Thirty-two years ago today Apple founder Steve Jobs presented the company's revolutionary personal computer, the Macintosh, to the world. Charles ...